Does anyone else think Vader's "no escape" zeta is completely useless?

Prev1
I am smart enough not to have wasted 20 zetas for an ability that seems completely pointless, but when ever I face a squad with Vader who has that zeta I feel like it is entirely pointless to have! First of all there's so much ability block and stuns that it's so easy to stop Vader. If you use Titans you can stun him, if you use Rey with Thrawn you can stun him even easier...

Vader isn't a priority target so he's pretty much left for last or next to last in I'll order. This means he's almost always going to be stunned and ability blocked.

I feel horrible for people who literally wasted 20 zetas, the only thing that this may help with is his ships stats which really aren't even necessary to beat any squad out there. I would like to see the zeta reworked to add some other aspect, ability block immunity would be awesome. This way a Rey/Thrawn cannot stun him cause Thrawn's basic needs the ability block to apply stun. Or just make him immune to stun alternatively.

Generally speaking I'm glad I didn't zeta him, but if I had, I would have been mad because it would feel like I wasted zetas which isn't exactly the most abundant resource in the game.

Replies

• Well, better than it hasn’t but I agree it’s not a priority.
  • Yeah, it's not as though that huge health recovery has any use.
  • Damages over time cant be avoided and resisted
  • Jos33680 wrote: »
    Damages over time cant be avoided and resisted

That's not true.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    IMO, Vader and most of his abilities center around DoTs and TM Reduction. With characters like Wampa and even Zidious, and most recently Zaalbar, The DoTs will flow.
    I’m always eager to see how the game modes, (raids, TW, TB and arena) and new character introductions could improve or make powerful this zeta.
  • The best use of that zeta imo is to improve his power, which makes his ship stronger. If youre high in fleet arena, even a 1 speed difference can make your odds a lot higher.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Tempted to remove him from nightmare and replace him with Sith assassin. The Bastila plague has hit my shard hard and Vader can't land any of his debuffs. Maybe I need to pump his potency higher.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Tempted to remove him from nightmare and replace him with Sith assassin. The Bastila plague has hit my shard hard and Vader can't land any of his debuffs. Maybe I need to pump his potency higher.

If you're running EP teams against Bastila teams you are going to lose no matter what Sith you put in there.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    kevsmart wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

If you're running EP teams against Bastila teams you are going to lose no matter what Sith you put in there.

I beat them on offense pretty easy, but if I'm not paying attention I can time out. Want to kill them quicker is all. Just have to last until their protection drops.
  • kevsmart wrote: »

False. Put marauder in and profit $$. His pot up is pretty much game over for bastilla, unless they are running an aoe cleanser (which no one does).
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018

False. Put marauder in and profit $$. His pot up is pretty much game over for bastilla, unless they are running an aoe cleanser (which no one does).

Oh did not think about him and dont have him farmed. How does it work?

Tell me tell me tell me how you do that trick.

Yeah but then you're running marauder in arena...

Yeah but then you're running marauder in arena...

Hahahahaha, touché.

Oh did not think about him and dont have him farmed. How does it work?

Tell me tell me tell me how you do that trick.

Search up nightmare marauder vs bastilla on youtube. Basically, you start with marauder's special which grants potency up to all sith allies in the team; and that's enough to penetrate bastilla's insane tenacity (;P).
  • I use Han instead of Vader in nightmare. Helps being able to stun yoda with that first shot. CLS is another decent option
  • Vader is amazing as a leader on Raids. I wouldn't say zetas on him are wasted.
  • I agree that the "No Escape" zeta is not very good, but there are way worse zetas out there. Have you taken a look at Bodhi's zeta? I am not convinced that it is even worth 5 omega ability materials, let alone 20 zeta mats.
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    Vader is amazing as a leader on Raids. I wouldn't say zetas on him are wasted.

Only on hAAT at this point.
  • Back when I ran Vader against JTR teams try would often target Vader with her TM remove ability. Same for cls or when ever raid ham basics him. It's not the worst zeta. Sure a player isn't stupid but the AI defence is
  • Plus nest can't slow him down
  • Back when I ran Vader against JTR teams try would often target Vader with her TM remove ability. Same for cls or when ever raid ham basics him. It's not the worst zeta. Sure a player isn't **** but the AI defence is
    Plus nest can't slow him down

In both the cases, he's already ability blocked/dazed. Which makes him taking a turn useless anyway.

It's a great zeta for the ship, but overall? Hardly useful. Only good counter is against raid han, and hardly anyone runs him these days.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Back when I ran Vader against JTR teams try would often target Vader with her TM remove ability. Same for cls or when ever raid ham basics him. It's not the worst zeta. Sure a player isn't **** but the AI defence is

In both the cases, he's already ability blocked/dazed. Which makes him taking a turn useless anyway.

It's a great zeta for the ship, but overall? Hardly useful. Only good counter is against raid han, and hardly anyone runs him these days.

There is more to the game than arena.

Totally useless, no. It speeds his ship up, therefore it has at least 1 use.

On top of that, raids, TW, and TB. He is a great lead and that zeta adds survivability which is very important in all those game modes.
  • It helps when traya is in your team, he can’t be debuffed or slowed
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Completely useless? No. Highly situational? Yes. It's basically so that the opposing team can't TM reduce vader to prevent his emp-lead fueling aoe. It served me well for 4-5 months before bastila came along. With bastila leads, Vader's unresistable/unavoidable basic which has an 80% chance to ability block has becone far more useful then his aoe.
    Plus it bumps the stats on his still awesome TF.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • My only issue with the no escape zeta is tie pilot is faster in arena with no zetas and Vader with two.

My personal gripe
  • My only issue with the no escape zeta is tie pilot is faster in arena with no zetas and Vader with two.

My personal gripe

There are 9 ships faster than Vader, really has nothing to do with anything.
    My only issue with the no escape zeta is tie pilot is faster in arena with no zetas and Vader with two.

My personal gripe

Has everything to do with fleet. If vader goes first and target locks and tiefighter and biggs uses specials it is a completely different scenario than an rng target lock tie fighter goes first.

With the tarkin zetas the speed increase vs other ships is evident with zeta addition. Vader zeta addition has zero effect that is noticeable in Fleet arena. So in effect both zetas are worthless when it comes to fleet battles. Poor choice for zeta spending.

You must not play fleet on a very active shard to not realize this kevsmart.

My only issue with the no escape zeta is tie pilot is faster in arena with no zetas and Vader with two.

My personal gripe

Has everything to do with fleet. If vader goes first and target locks and tiefighter and biggs uses specials it is a completely different scenario than an rng target lock tie fighter goes first.

With the tarkin zetas the speed increase vs other ships is evident with zeta addition. Vader zeta addition has zero effect that is noticeable in Fleet arena. So in effect both zetas are worthless when it comes to fleet battles. Poor choice for zeta spending.

You must not play fleet on a very active shard to not realize this kevsmart.

Pilot zetas have little impact on ship power.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Back when I ran Vader against JTR teams try would often target Vader with her TM remove ability. Same for cls or when ever raid ham basics him. It's not the worst zeta. Sure a player isn't **** but the AI defence is

There is more to the game than arena.

Totally useless, no. It speeds his ship up, therefore it has at least 1 use.

On top of that, raids, TW, and TB. He is a great lead and that zeta adds survivability which is very important in all those game modes.

Suprisingly, my g12 vader has never been the first to succumb in all those, and i don't even have the zeta. I'm sure i never thought "Oh man, if only i had that zeta". And fyi, i like him a lot and run him everywhere.

Look at his health steal from culling blade, his own hp, the durability. Don't let newcomers invest in poor zetas wth?
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited August 2018

But they have impact on the ships speed. A fully maxed out Vader grant the Tie Advanced at 7* 178 Speed.
    Without both zetas the Speed of the ship is 176. It is all about speed in Arena. ^^

• GA_Phoenix wrote: »

But they have impact on the ships speed. A fully maxed out Vader grant the Tie Advanced at 7* 178 Speed.
    Without both zetas the Speed of the ship is 176. It is all about speed in Arena. ^^

Yes but back to my original point you proved.

A two zeta many omega toon like vader should gain a real advantage of some level.
    He is still number 10 fast with two zetas or without in fleet arena. That is my point. His two zetas are worthless in fleet.

Contrary to popular opinion fleet arena is far more important to game progress than toon arena. All things equal zeta is the current wall andfleet is the path to Zeta.