Ships 2.0 2 months later

Prev13
Does anyone remember CG saying wait for the pve table before we pass judgment?

We have gotten 2 new ships and nothing since. They seem to have went all in on people paying for the geos gear and the ship omegas. Really would be nice to get new ships. New capital ships. It's been a long time since this content was refreshed. It would be nice to see if get some attention.

Replies

• Maybe in ships 3.0 in 3 months later
  • Yeah maybe instead of releasing 10 characters in two months they could release 10 ships instead... I reckon ships will get some more love here soon once mod management is here. Plus ships go well with Bounty Hunters, Grievous and Clone Wars era stuff. I think we’ll Get some Ship love soon. I love Ships 2.0 BTW. Probably cuz I e gotten first the past 5 days.
  • New ships? New Capital ship? - No!
    I am still trying to finish my main fleet. Capital is full, but 2 reserve ships still lack Shipomega and reforcement.
    For a new capital ship, I need to have 2-3k prestige in reserve.
    Still in need of omegas, reforcement und prestige and I am t10 sharing 1. and 2. Place.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    They can take ships 3.0..shine it up real nice and shove ..........jk....i love ships 2.0
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I think the lack of new ships is to let us adjust and farm up from the whole 2.0 deal and once they think us players are significantly adjusted they'll let a wave of ships loose. My shard is still the whole Biggs, DV, FOTFP deal
  • Gamble, plan and execute.

I lucked out in that I'd already 7-starred the Geo's and their ships well before the changes were made, so Ships 2.0 has been a nice transition.

The devs leave clues as to the future. It's up to you to pre-emptively respond so you're well-placed when the switch is flipped. In addition, I play with a certain level of gambling on various long-shots. I've had Tuskens at 7* forever, just finished farming Nute for the pending Separatist reboot and am pondering shifting my resources to make a hard push for Grievous.
  • I love ships 2.0 I also gambled on geos and maxed them out. They have kind of hinted that droids will come good which makes me wonder if the grevious rework will come along with a new capital ship
  • Still hate it. Lol get my one battle in for my daily. Haha
  • I love you guys with the maxed out geos. Easy wins.
  • I enjoy ships 2.0...essentially we did bet a bunch of new ships cause all of them got serious reworks. Ships 2.0 is completely different from 1.0.
  • I expected Holds to get a capital ship just to force people to farm and gear her character. Plus it goes with the movies as well. A droid capital ship would be nice but then you need droid ships which aren't really actually toons and would have no usemin regular outside of fleet. I would also think FO would have a capital ship which I think is coming with a sneaking suspicion of a stuck behind paywall Snoke?. They also could have that massive ship at the end of that has huge cannon on that Holdo warps through destroying it. That would make an awesome capital ship. At the very least Holdo should get a capital ship for the resistance and FO with either Phasma or KRU as ship lead? I don't want another Thrawn where you have to take some ridiculous used toons to unlock.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Well the Ship PVE table needs some work. It does not award the ally points and currency rewards are not on the level of the Cantina table, but shares the downside of the Cantina table by having only one free energy boost and the long time for energy regeneration.

Beef up the minor rewards and add Rex ARC-170 to one of the nodes. Otherwise the table is decent.

As for the fleet battles, it would be nice if all four current capital ships were viable.
  • Still hate it
  • Yup ships still suck
  • ships 2.0 is the largest debacle for CG...i can't remember a bigger snafu in the history of the game
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Still hate it. Lol get my one battle in for my daily. Haha

This. I still finish in the top 50...top 20 if I'm bored. But haven't refreshed in weeks. Ships 2.0 is boring. Fewer options, more RNG. Yeah, no thanks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Ships 2.0 is so much more RNG than ships 1.0. I can lose 5 matches to a same person I normally beat but completely steamroll him on the 3rd round on the 6th match thanks to RNG.
  • We need omegas before more ships are introduced... The grind is real...
  • I finish 4th on a good day. Need to put g12 gear on my folks instead of just getting them to g12--but it takes soooo loooonnng and I have no attention span and 4th is fine...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ships 2.0 is the largest debacle for CG...i can't remember a bigger snafu in the history of the game

Sith raid.
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Unless the ships go back to 5v5 I don't want any thing ship related at all. Not fun, no real strategy, and same exact thing over and over. Sim and done use currency for zetas
  • Ships still are awful. Least fun thing in the game and more of a chore.
    Not enough ways to farm ships, because I’m never going to use fleet tokens- not while zetas are sitting in the fleet shop.
  • Ships is the worst part of this game! So much potential but nothing done!
  • Only thing different is the most common starting ships, but first turn rng can still guarantee a loss.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Don't like ships at all. Do one battle a day on auto to complete daily and that's it.

It vrings nothing different to regular battles and feels so unnatural watching them float there bobbing up and down.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Gamble, plan and execute.

I lucked out in that I'd already 7-starred the Geo's and their ships well before the changes were made, so Ships 2.0 has been a nice transition.

The devs leave clues as to the future. It's up to you to pre-emptively respond so you're well-placed when the switch is flipped. In addition, I play with a certain level of gambling on various long-shots. I've had Tuskens at 7* forever, just finished farming Nute for the pending Separatist reboot and am pondering shifting my resources to make a hard push for Grievous.

It's a good idea to have everything at 7 stars. I know that sometimes takes tokens, shards, currency etc.. away from gear but it's what allows you to have what is necessary when events appear.

I'd say get GG just in case. Keep making everything 7 stars and you will always be ready for a meta shift or new journey.

I can give you so many!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I'm thinking remember how they said Ships 2.0 will spice up the stale meta. Which it did...for like a week. As we keep telling them, more options (ie choices, ie more ships!) is how you change up arena.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • They made it seem like the new PvE table was gonna have new ships immediately. For those that think the nerfs and synergy burst were similar to adding new ships my answer is maybe but we get 47 new marquee toons a month could we not get a ship once and a while?
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    I expected Holds to get a capital ship just to force people to farm and gear her character. Plus it goes with the movies as well. A droid capital ship would be nice but then you need droid ships which aren't really actually toons and would have no usemin regular outside of fleet. I would also think FO would have a capital ship which I think is coming with a sneaking suspicion of a stuck behind paywall Snoke?. They also could have that massive ship at the end of that has huge cannon on that Holdo warps through destroying it. That would make an awesome capital ship. At the very least Holdo should get a capital ship for the resistance and FO with either Phasma or KRU as ship lead? I don't want another Thrawn where you have to take some ridiculous used toons to unlock.

KRU and Phasma are already ship pilots. The two potential FO Capital Ship pilots would be when they release Hux or Snoke, both of which probably won't be released until Episode 9 comes out, with Hux as a likely Marquee event and Snoke being a potential new Legendary event, so December of 2019. If I had to guess, we can look at a Separatist rework before then, most likely summer of 2019 for May the 4th (possibly Jango Legendary event). That would probably include a GG rework with the addition of his personal bomber ship, and giving Nute his capital ship. Could probably also expect a Droideka character marquee release, maybe even a Vuloture Droid non-pilot ship. I remember there being mention about that a long time ago when the data-miners released info about plans for Nute getting a Capital Ship.

Continuing to work backwards from a timeline of 2019 Christmas, through 2019 May the 4th, to this upcoming 2018 Christmas, we might be expecting a new Hero's Journey. Some have theorized Jedi Luke (Ep. 6, one hand, green lightsaber). Some have theorized a Villain's Journey version, with the endless Revan-enthusiasts (especially considering the recently released toons).

EDIT: Holdo Capital Ship, I'll give you that. I expected that to come out at the same time as character-release. They seriously missed out on potential marketing by doing Rose instead. I have no idea when to expect a Resistance Capital Ship now, if they'll even still use her. Heck, they might come out with a Veteran Politician Leia =P. Jokes aside, I could see it as a respectful gesture.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne