Guild Name - Profane/Reserve

So I am trying to create a guild called The Death Star Project. I keep getting this message:

"A word in your Guild name is either profane or reserved. Please select another name."

I have tried multiple variations including, D3ath, D3th, even The Debt Star Project, to no avail.

Can someone please advise me on what I am doing wrong here?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You seem to be focused on death as the word that is giving you issues. It says reserved so they could mean any word you are using.

That could also be a generic message given for duplicates, but that is less likely with all the variations you are mentioning.
  • So I am trying to create a guild called The Death Star Project. I keep getting this message:

"A word in your Guild name is either profane or reserved. Please select another name."

I have tried multiple variations including, D3ath, D3th, even The Debt Star Project, to no avail.

Can someone please advise me on what I am doing wrong here?

We tried changing our name to one Death Star related as well and had the same issues. Our best guess is that all of the variants of Death Star we tried left the word death to easily decipherable by the censoring algorithm. Seems a bit odd but we moved on to another name.
  • Thanks for the help guys. It looks like we went with a different name as well. @Kyno It may be helpful if there was some way of informing players what particular aspect of the name is problematic.

Thanks again.
  • Were you using spaces? I think you could have gotten it if you would have skipped the spaces. I have seen guilds do that before.
  • It's a good thing we don't have death troopers in the game... that could be offense... >_> the filters in this game don't really seem to be.... thought out.
  • Were you using spaces? I think you could have gotten it if you would have skipped the spaces. I have seen guilds do that before.

You'd think so, but no. We tried that and a couple of other things without going overboard with weird characters and spellings. Not a big deal. Just strange (although consistent with other aspects of censorship in the game).
  • There is a guid deathstarventdesigners, that’s why I thought of that.
  • dxpuc18ec8pv.png

There are a bunch. Maybe the in game profanity check is less stringent than the customer service one.
  • Odd.