ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel, Tank
CREW: Bossk
Sustainable Bounty Hunter Tank that debilitates enemies

2jq7vmyyqkug.gif

ABILITIES:

Basic: TOOTH AND NAIL

97tcj7ivi6ev.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all debuffs on Hound's Tooth. Hound's Tooth recovers +10% Health and +10% Protection if it has Taunt.

Special 1: DEVOURER OF PREY (Cooldown 3)

grjwmhngdgxu.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Breach for 3 turns, which can't be Evaded. Hound's Tooth gains Taunt for 2 turns.

Breach: -25% Speed, -25% Defense

Unique 1 (crew): TRANDOSHAN BARRICADE

FINAL TEXT: Hound's Tooth gains 25% Protection Up (stacking) whenever it takes damage from an enemy’s attack. While not Taunting, it has +50% Tenacity and gains +25% Turn Meter whenever another ally takes damage from an enemy’s attack. Attacks that deal damage multiple times will not trigger these effects more than once. When Hound's Tooth loses Taunt, it gains Taunt for 1 turn if an enemy is Breached. While Hound's Tooth is active, Breached enemies have -25% Evasion.

Reinforcement: SECURE THE HUNT

FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: Grant all other allies +25% Tenacity. Other Bounty Hunter allies also gain +5% Counter Chance (stacking) whenever they Resist a detrimental effect.

GAME CHANGERS

WarriorPresents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5SjgFgqLI&feature=youtu.be

Remon Azab
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdE7yHpFtHY&feature=youtu.be

SmithieD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXAEiWJmhx4&feature=youtu.be

Lolindir (Spanish):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugRTGVB7ME&feature=youtu.be

EDIT 8/21: Basic ability text has been updated.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• Does the reinforcement ability mean that we’ll get some more BH ships? It only works with Slave 1.
  • With sith fighter
  • With sith fighter

Fair shout. Forgot about that. Cheers. It'll be Thrawn for me then :)
  • Can also give it buff immunity. Either way, making Nest a ship and giving it taunt is terrible.
  • It's pointless to beg, because it will do no good, but come on, now!

Currently there are 2 ways to kill it:
    1. Chimera's ultimate
    2. Buff immunity (which you need to stick on a ship that has 50% bonus tenacity, and cleanses itself with its basic), followed by hits from your fleet timed just right, so that Hound's Tooth can't cleanse itself, or a nearby Plo can't cleanse it.

So, what little diversity there is is probably going to disappear... everyone will need to run Chimera (the ultimates of the other 3 capital ships actually BENEFIT Hound's Tooth, since they just feed it protection up). The fastest Chimera will win, taking out the opponent Hound's Tooth without losing your own.

Run Bistan and Vader, to ensure your Hound's Tooth gets a constant supply of Turn Meter, and call in Plo so that he is ready to cleanse Hound's Tooth at any time. Or TFP, for bonus TM for your capital ship, since the enemy capital ship under AI control will use its AoE, when while your TFP has Foresight.

So it will always come down to Chimera's ultimate.

Don't ruin ships again, please!
  • With sith fighter

Heal Immunity doesn't work vs. Nest ... I don't see that it would work on Hound's Tooth.

Unless you mean that attacks bypass protection ... but Hound's Tooth has over 90k health, and heals itself, so I don't think it will be that easy
  • Lol, CG screwed it again. I wanna see this in action and then I can finally quit with a very good reason. Thanks for making it so easy.
  • Caiaphas wrote: »
    With sith fighter

Heal Immunity doesn't work vs. Nest ... I don't see that it would work on Hound's Tooth.

Unless you mean that attacks bypass protection ... but Hound's Tooth has over 90k health, and heals itself, so I don't think it will be that easy

This protection doesn't act like nest's. It gains a buff, so any buff immunity will shut it down immediately.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    While the ship looks to be crazy good, ppl need to actually watch the videos. It's protection UP, which BI will block.
  • Ljaat wrote: »
    While the ship looks to be crazy good, ppl need to actually watch the videos. It's protection UP, which BI will block.

Yes, except that getting BI to stick will be difficult given the cleanse on basic if not taunting
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Wedges reinforcement ability combined with several stuns of SF and Silencer might also work. Of course with Chimaera to have a 100% kill in the end and seeral stuns of Silencer...
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    .....what...why....just.....no. Nest in ship form. Not looking forward to this.
  • So will there be a $30 pack that contains 30 ship shards and 50 bossk shards or will that be conveniently removed since there are people that actually need bossk shards?
  • Cassian from RI works too, come in and call an attacker to assist
  • Ljaat wrote: »

Except there aren’t many ships that have buff immunity, he has +50% tenacity if he has taunt, and he can cleanse on basic if he doesn’t.
  • Wedge X-wing seems like a good counter. His reinforcement ability should work well against the ship.
  • Minowara wrote: »
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    With sith fighter

This protection doesn't act like nest's. It gains a buff, so any buff immunity will shut it down immediately.

Oh aye buff Immunity would work, I agree. But not Heal Immunity from Sith Fighter ...
    Minowara wrote: »
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    With sith fighter

Oh aye buff Immunity would work, I agree. But not Heal Immunity from Sith Fighter ...

There is a reason the devs stressed how sith fighter bypasses protection, looks like hounds tooth is the reason no?
  • Hi All,

We have updated the Hound's Tooth's Basic Ability text to:
    "Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all debuffs on Hound's Tooth. Hound's Tooth recovers +10% Health and +10% Protection if it has Taunt."

We had previously posted an outdated version of the basic ability text. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • So basically it gains 25% (20K?) protection when it is attacked... (Is this protection, max health based or max protection based).

So if you hit him with for 15k damage, he will gain protection... You need to hit him with high damage ships to blast thru this mechanic.

If you want to maximize his ability to take a hit, use fives as reinforcement to give him defense up. Or use him with Gauntlet Star fighter. IF you use thrawn's ship then his special can give defense up as well.

• Do assists trigger the protection mechanic? Or only the first attacker that turn?
  • Youjimbo wrote: »
    Wedge X-wing seems like a good counter. His reinforcement ability should work well against the ship.

Except then you have to use Wedge...
  • This ship might really shake up the ship meta, but why not use a ship with a dispel? Ahsoka’s Starfighter, Cassian’s U-wing, Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle, Resistance X-wing, TIE Reaper, or TIE Advanced X1 could work well. I don’t know.
  • This ship might really shake up the ship meta, but why not use a ship with a dispel? Ahsoka’s Starfighter, Cassian’s U-wing, Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle, Resistance X-wing, TIE Reaper, or TIE Advanced X1 could work well. I don’t know.

They will help, but it will still be difficult. Ahsoka could be a very interesting counter actually though. Not only her high damage dispel attack, but she gains 20% max Health per debuff dispelled as a reinforcement. Call her in while Bossk has 5 protection ups, taunt, and defense up and she gets 140% health!
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Haven't watched the videos through, but just like with Nest, I think strong DPS could go a long way. If Poe can do over 100k on a crit, that's got to count for something. Would need to make sure you have buff removers at a good time too.
    With sith fighter

It's entirely possible that Hounds Tooth will work the same as Nest, but the two abilities are worded differently so I don't expect that they will. Nest "gains bonus protection," which adds a number to her Protection stat, while Hounds Tooth will "gain Protection Up" which is a buff, and subject to a whole host of things like buff immunity and heal immunity.

So unless the wording is wonky, it should be affected by all that stuff.

Still a strong ship and makes me glad I worked on Wedge's reinforcement ability a bit. Now I've got to get another 75 to bring it up to max.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Seems way too powerful in paper. Hopefully its not in practice.
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    **** it...just was close to max out the nightmare meta and they came up with Bastila.
    Have been heavily investing in GEOS the last couple of weeks and now this...

Seriously...give us time to actually enjoy our investments a little before you screw us...
This discussion has been closed.