The Mod Changes Megathread

Replies

• wait until the full update. when you can swap mods from person to person directly...
    not much else you can do
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It’s probably just streaky luck but can I ask if the odds of speed secondaries from mod challenges are the same from all sets?
    I get relatively high returns from CC,Health,Potency,Offence and have several full sets with +15ish speed BUT Speed Mods.....not one yet!

Luck I guess?
  • Please... focus the real problem: the drop rate of these new materials in very close to zero......
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    All RNG.
  • Yup. Just luck.
  • They pushed half the update to sell mod salvage packs. Just wait for the full update and it should get much easier.
  • Same. Level 78 can't see it either
  • i9eizmw3p676.png

baf9acxb21gt.png

Nest looks bugged in final wave of Deadly Bounty...hooray! :|
  • In what way?

Have a look at Nest protection bar
  • So it's not showing on the character? It is showing up top though.
  • yes so is it a visual bug or is it actually broken? Which is the actual correct presentation of the protection?
  • I'd go with the character bar at the top. Problem with her protection generation it's hard to tell.
  • Bossk is also bugged. He was working fine yesterday, but today if two enemies are tied for weakest you get no credit for attacking them. The target icon will pop up, but your progress will remain at 0%.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    @TheForceFizzled
    Hey, only level 80+ can use slicing materials, so anyone below that level won't have the salvage drops active.

Answers HQ responsed to a bug report on the same subject: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-see-new-mod-salvage-drops-after-update/td-p/7001948
  • Since the release of mod stuff on hard nodes and its initial response in various threads, that I'm sure are being dumped into the mega as I'm guessing this post will, perhaps we could get the crafting recipes and more clarification on just what exactly this mod slicing will require. The pitch forks are being sharpened and torches being made, how about head this one off at the pass.
  • Ha, my post was up for less 30 seconds before being dumped into the abyss that is the megathread
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Has anyone try mod swapping after update? Before update mods that you release from the character was sorted from the high level to lowest level. So if you have a bunch of low level mods 12 and under it was easy to swap since all your character you have mods on have most likey level 15 mods. Now it sorta by original tier (color of mods Gold, Purple, Blue, Green, White) . If you have hundred of mods in your mods pool it take such a long time to find the mod you just release to swap to another character. Anyone have any suggestion to make mods easier?

This. They managed, in their attempt to make it "easier" to make it even more difficult. And there is no good way to sort mods based on primary stats - only type. Horrible and completely counter intuitive as to how it used to work.

Obviously now one who actually swaps out mods tested this. At all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    A little course on information visualization as it applies to recent changes.

Problems:
    1) It is poor design to replace the meaning only prominent visual attribute on an existing feature. This confuses the hell out of all of your existing users, who need to retrain for the new standard.
    2) It is poor design to have an almost-invisible-to-the-eye visual attribute (the coloring of the level number) as your only indicator of an extremely important property (mod level), especially when it's a common use case for a user to be looking at dozens/hundreds of elements at a time.
    3) It is poor design to give precedent to relatively unimportant, unactionable data (original mod class, since speed is pretty much the only secondary attribute that *really* matters and the user can't do much about the original mod class) over important data (level, which greatly affects ships and primary stats which can be improved with very minimal investment by the user)

Fix:
    Create a second prominent visual attribute for users to be able to determine mod level.

Options:
    1) Change the gray border around a level 15 mod to indicate that it is finished upgrading in terms of leveling.
    2) Change the gray border around all mods to represent a scaled representation of the level.
    3) Revert the changes, and make the gray border around the mods represent the original class.

• js4
    129 posts Member
    counting the seconds until this forum post is marked as irrelevant and buried.
  • nemban
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    With the mod update you can no longer get high secondary speeds. So basically, if you had great speed mods before the update you will be fine. Everyone else ..|..
  • There is speed and there is more speed.

The end.
    I concur my wize friend.
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Has anyone noticed that upgrading mods is TOTALLY different now??

You used to automatically get the secondaries that were there to upgrade first, then have the rest of the secondaries added after - now the missing secondaries add FIRST, and THEN ALL THE SECONDARIES have a chance to upgrade from there.

Meaning, if you start off with a mod with only a speed secondary stat, you upgrade it until the remaining three secondaries appear, then hope that the original speed secondary gets selected randomly out of the four secondaries to be improved. Yikes, and yuck.

Welcome to the new, more brutal and expensive slog to earn those precious speed secondaries, friends.

[ edit - so yeah, it says as much in the original post which I hadn't read yet. I just went ahead and surprised myself. Sigh. Still don't like it. Having to slice is just another level of expense and effort for us to have to go through. Ug. ]
    Post edited by MCThr33pio on
  • Why encourage everyone to upgrade all their existing mods to tier A (gold), if they just rolled all the mods back to original tier? Seems like a total waste of credits for everyone who updated their existing mods to tier A.
    Not exactly encouraging to player's who have spent year's collecting mods, turning all of them gold, and farming specific characters to acquire specific mod sets. Only to have the rules of the game changed now. I get that they want to encourage new players to catch up and spend money on the game. But it is really frustrating to older players who already spent that money to improve those mods. Now you're basically telling us to spend more money and start over?
    That's completely lame! Why not just leave the existing mods the way they are and apply these rules to all new mod acquisitions in the future?
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    .....[ edit - so yeah, it says as much in the original post which I hadn't read yet. I just went ahead and surprised myself. Sigh. Still don't like it. Having to slice is just another level of expense and effort for us to have to go through. Ug. ]

They've also obviously watered down the challenge rewards. Noticed extreme drop off in mod quality 1st couple of runs so I ran through several refills just to make sure I hadn't hit an unlucky streak. Now I'm drowning in a sea of gray.

Trust me, It's not a fluke. DO NOT ATTEMPT mod challenges.

Vega Skyrim
    Officer, knights who say neigh
    Ally#: 361-967-226
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that upgrading mods is TOTALLY different now??

You used to automatically get the secondaries that were there to upgrade first, then have the rest of the secondaries added after - now the missing secondaries add FIRST, and THEN ALL THE SECONDARIES have a chance to upgrade from there.

Meaning, if you start off with a mod with only a speed secondary stat, you upgrade it until the remaining three secondaries appear, then hope that the original speed secondary gets selected randomly out of the four secondaries to be improved. Yikes, and yuck.

Welcome to the new, more brutal and expensive slog to earn those precious speed secondaries, friends.

[ edit - so yeah, it says as much in the original post which I hadn't read yet. I just went ahead and surprised myself. Sigh. Still don't like it. Having to slice is just another level of expense and effort for us to have to go through. Ug. ]

Same here. So much fun.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • This sounds great and all but how about currency? It's hard enough now for free to play players to get enough currency. Even with the credits event that comes every now and then since RNG is garbage I average about 5m each time. Adding in some better ways to get currency would be a plus with the mods update.
  • KyloRen21 wrote: »
    This sounds great and all but how about currency? It's hard enough now for free to play players to get enough currency. Even with the credits event that comes every now and then since RNG is garbage I average about 5m each time. Adding in some better ways to get currency would be a plus with the mods update.

This right here and also what about the complete waste of credits that went into the old mod system? 100's of millions wasted on turning mods gold just to have them turned back to the original color. This whole system change is just a fresh money pit. Frustrating to have to redo a bunch of mods that were already maxed out.
  • Ashany wrote: »
    KyloRen21 wrote: »
    This sounds great and all but how about currency? It's hard enough now for free to play players to get enough currency. Even with the credits event that comes every now and then since RNG is garbage I average about 5m each time. Adding in some better ways to get currency would be a plus with the mods update.

This right here and also what about the complete waste of credits that went into the old mod system? 100's of millions wasted on turning mods gold just to have them turned back to the original color. This whole system change is just a fresh money pit. Frustrating to have to redo a bunch of mods that were already maxed out.

Even if the Color changed its still the same mod with the same stats. With slicing you can even make them better