Content Update 8/23/2018 - First Round of Mod Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Has anyone notice that the 600 counter seems broke again?
  • The only thing people asked for was to test it thoroughly before release - not too much in my opinion, but a fail once again.
  • You told us that we would see the secondaries before investing in a mod?!?!?!
  • Wow. Drop rates are horribly anemic. If "bonus" drops are this bad I really don't want to see regular drops. Since we use mods by the hundreds, salvage should be easy to come by. At least for slicing grey/green. I hope they don't make such tiny incremental changes too costly and grindy.

Given this dev team's track record rolling out expertly tuned content, and the community's patience and understanding about such things I'm going to start investing in companies that sell torch fuel, and pick forks.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Updated my app. When upgraded a mod without slicing secondary stats are added first (up until 4 slots) before any secondaries are upgraded. That's fine and WAI.

However, the max health set bonus remains 5% instead of the expected 10%.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Wow. Drop rates are horribly anemic. If "bonus" drops are this bad I really don't want to see regular drops. Since we use mods by the hundreds, salvage should be easy to come by. At least for slicing grey/green. I hope they don't make such tiny incremental changes too costly and grindy.

Given this dev team's track record rolling out expertly tuned content, and the community's patience and understanding about such things I'm going to start investing in companies that sell torch fuel, and pick forks.

HSTR or $$$ as usual
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    You told us that we would see the secondaries before investing in a mod?!?!?!

^^ That is true, they did.
    @CG_SBCrumb

They should at least show us what the NEXT stat role will be (grayed out to denote not active) in the secondary list so we can save a few more Credits AND, more importantly, know if going to Level 12 will give us a roll on that "STAT" we want... like speed or offense say.

• Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    This is problematic... Going forward it will now be harder to obtain high end speed mods. Anyone who has been upgrading Blue/Purple mods the last few years is lucky and has a huge advantage now.

Let me explain... under the new system after spicing any mod that starts with speed secondary has the same potential speed upgrades as a gold (lvl 1) mod.

So the odds of a mod with 5 speed secondary upgrades is 1 in 256.

If you had a blue mod and upgraded it to lvl 6 (or 15 does not matter).... You had a 25% chance of having 3 speed upgrades on it. With spicing you have a 1/16 chance of that mod having 5 speed upgrades. So a 1 in 64 chance of a 5 speed upgrade mod.

So basically blue mod that was upgraded a week ago, and spiced now is 4 times more likely to have 5 speed upgrades then a gold mod obtained today.

So basically a new player will need to spend up to 4 times the resources to then an existing play has.

Unless spicing will never upgrade a secondary that was on the mod at lvl one.
  • And more advantages for the whales, like always.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    This is problematic... Going forward it will now be harder to obtain high end speed mods. Anyone who has been upgrading Blue/Purple mods the last few years is lucky and has a huge advantage now.

Let me explain... under the new system after spicing any mod that starts with speed secondary has the same potential speed upgrades as a gold (lvl 1) mod.

So the odds of a mod with 5 speed secondary upgrades is 1 in 256.

If you had a blue mod and upgraded it to lvl 6 (or 15 does not matter).... You had a 25% chance of having 3 speed upgrades on it. With spicing you have a 1/16 chance of that mod having 5 speed upgrades. So a 1 in 64 chance of a 5 speed upgrade mod.

So basically blue mod that was upgraded a week ago, and spiced now is 4 times more likely to have 5 speed upgrades then a gold mod obtained today.

So basically a new player will need to spend up to 4 times the resources to then an existing play has.

Unless spicing will never upgrade a secondary that was on the mod at lvl one.

How do you know slicing stat percentages/odds after update if its not here yet?
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Updated my app. When upgraded a mod without slicing secondary stats are added first (up until 4 slots) before any secondaries are upgraded. That's fine and WAI.

In the dev post-
    SET BONUS IMPROVEMENTS:
    We discovered a bug with the Set Bonus change and delayed this piece of the update. We are working to hotfix this as soon as possible.
    @Waqui
  • I can already see the dollar signs in their eyes. This mod upgrade is a direct nerf to green, blue and purple mods. Before for example blue mods who have speed secondary had 50% chance to rise but now it's 25% chance. You have to upgrade the mod to level 6 then all stats became clear then if you continue to upgrade two stats will rise. Oh my god you did it again. New content just for the whales and krakens. Bravo. And for slicing a mod you will need 30 + 30 salvages who's drope rate is awful hehe great job guys.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

In the dev post-
    SET BONUS IMPROVEMENTS:
    We discovered a bug with the Set Bonus change and delayed this piece of the update. We are working to hotfix this as soon as possible.
    @Waqui

Oh! Thanx! :—)
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    <<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>

BONUS DROPS:
    For a limited time all Light Side and Dark Side hard nodes will reward mod salvage as bonus drops. Start earning this slicing salvage now and get a head start on mod slicing upon release!

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>

I don't think whoever set this up knows how bonus drops work
  • Boy I can't wait to spend less time playing with fun characters and more time micromanaging statistics. That's why I play this game for sure.
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I am also pretty excited that I get to spend a good part of my day scrolling past 300 level 1 gold, purple, and blue mods to get to my level 15 green mods that I actually use. I am terrified to take a mod of anybody right now because I will legit lose it.

Mod sorting needed to happen before this. this is a kitten show
  • I hope these drop rates aren't indicative of the future drop rates. I have hundreds of mods to slice guys.
  • I have a few concerns..now that our mods have reverted to thier original color..and now leveling them up only cost @ 250k(ish) credits....are we going to be compensated for spending nearly 670k(ish) credits prior to this new change. I recalling speending 4 million plus credits per character to get a prestigious mod and at level 15 in all 6 slots. Not counting the crystals to buy the mod packs and the cash to buy the crystals. And using the crystals to buy credits. Now I'm left feeling a little cheated and my precious mods looking pathetic..and now needing invest more time to bring them back to that prestigious state. Comments are welcome but I need a mod to answer, thanks!
  • Ran through about 10-12 hard battles and didn't get any bonus salvage drops. Verified the same with members in my guild.
  • Like many others before me, I spent all my daily refreshes right off the bat at the refresh, only to wake up and see that there's a bonus drop added a few hours later, nice job guys!! That's 500 energy well spent…
    The new colors make me nervous and sad, because I'm someone who likes it clean and orderly. It's hideous now!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    As of the first night, I already hate the new color scheme. I find that the colors pull my focus, and it's harder to quickly glance and see which sets are installed. Before I could easily scan for the icons, but now I have to stare at each character to see what is installed.

It means I'm really going to have to use swgoh.gg even more now...
  • Do you all know what you are doing? All the flippin work i have done is going to be washed out cause you want this? Mods 2.0 will be the single biggest mistake you have ever made, and with STR and ships 2.0 thats a pretty big achievement. I dont get it, it makes absolutly no sense to completely destroy hard work and MONEY players spend like this. MOD salvage will backfire BIG TIME.

Witty rebuttals INC.....
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Spend money or leave.

Haha jk. ;)
  • They know exactly what they are doing, and making tons of cash in the process.

Addicted to an awful game.
  • It's the curse of the freemium business model. They gotta keep coming up with new stuff people can spend money on. On top of that, this is EA. So, either keep spending to stay competitive or don't spend and just try to have fun while you can.
    I'll choose the latter every time.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    TRanger wrote: »
    I have a few concerns..now that our mods have reverted to thier original color..and now leveling them up only cost @ 250k(ish) credits....are we going to be compensated for spending nearly 670k(ish) credits prior to this new change. I recalling speending 4 million plus credits per character to get a prestigious mod and at level 15 in all 6 slots. Not counting the crystals to buy the mod packs and the cash to buy the crystals. And using the crystals to buy credits. Now I'm left feeling a little cheated and my precious mods looking pathetic..and now needing invest more time to bring them back to that prestigious state. Comments are welcome but I need a mod to answer, thanks!

Actually if your farming mods now the odds of creating a mod with more then 15 speed have dropped with the update. So in reality, per usable mod, the costs have gone up.
  • I really hope CG gives us some free mod salvage like they did with reinforcement materials and ship omegas. The salvage we’re getting from hard nodes really seems to be what it’s called... ‘bonus drops’. Kinda like how I treat omegas from cantina stage 8. It’s just a bonus, I don’t expect them to even drop anymore.
  • Again this whole update benefits whales who can spend money on unlimited crystals which in turn gives them energy to farm a ton of salvage while the f2p player suffers..
  • On top of that, this is EA. So, either keep spending to stay competitive or don't spend and just try to have fun while you can.
    I'll choose the latter every time.

+1. Id rather burn my money than give to these lol.