Kit Reveal: Aurra Sing

2Next

Replies

• NicWester wrote: »
    I've only ever seen the movies (and played Old Republic MMO, but I know she's not from that) so I'm not familiar with the character. What's with the car radio antenna popping out of her head?

She made an appearance in The Phantom Menace and was in several episodes of The Clone Wars. She was brought into the Jedi Order as a child and became a Padawan but was then kidnapped by pirates who made her lose trust with the Jedi and believe that they’d abandoned her. Similar to Grievous, she would add the lightsabers of Jedi she killed to her collection. She was a pretty ruthless and selfish bounty hunter, an expert sniper, and I think she could somehow communicate with people using her antenna implant. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that’s pretty much who Aurra Sing was without going into too much detail.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    I've only ever seen the movies (and played Old Republic MMO, but I know she's not from that) so I'm not familiar with the character. What's with the car radio antenna popping out of her head?

I dont remember the antenna, but check her wiki. She was a recurring character. I think she was force sensitive? She was also mentioned in the Solo movie, if you caught it.

And you should watch the Clone Wars series. Just give it a chance. ;)

On her kit - So Embo lead P1 and P2 and Aurra p3 and Tank and Rancor?

Between her and Cad and Dengar and Bossk and Greedo zeta that could be a lot of stuns under a Cad lead.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Any chance we'll actually see her before the BH event?

Probably. There's no event scheduled for Thursday at all, which means one of three things:
    1) Thursday is the first day in a looooong time to have no event at all.
    2) Droid Heist Thursday (too soon for a Credit Heist, but that's also a possibility)
    3) Marquee event Thursday and Friday, or Wednesday and Thursday.

My expectation is 3, but it's entirely possible to be 1.

Droid heist tomorrow the 22 I’m guessing it’s the marquee Thursday
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

Probably. There's no event scheduled for Thursday at all, which means one of three things:
    2) Droid Heist Thursday (too soon for a Credit Heist, but that's also a possibility)

Droid heist tomorrow the 22 I’m guessing it’s the marquee Thursday

That's when they usefully come out
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Who guessed that Aurra Sing will be revealed in SWGoH anytime?
    oDsPWh5.png
    So we're waiting for C-3PO.

There's also a rumour about Latts Razzi that she will be released on August 30th 2018.

Is that an A wing ship below Endurance? Just above Han
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

Is that an A wing ship below Endurance? Just above Han

Yes, it is. And we see several more new ships there. (B-Wing, Vulture Droid, Lambda Class Shuttle, Tie Interceptor).
    Sadly, this is no guarantee, that we get those ships and toons soon. Some of them are shown already months ago in the startingscreen.

Aura looks great for me. Will focus on her when i get all kotor toons to 5*. :blush:

Aura Sing is actually in The Phantom Menace. For about a second , in the pod race.

• Still more screen time then Starck.
  • Cool, another character to unlock at 3 stars and then forget about for 6 months. Fantastic.

Would you prefer we go back to when characters were released to chromium and aurodium packs for several months to a year?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Will this be the new Nute Gunray Meta? His leader gives Crit Chance and TM to stealthed and her abilities deal more crit damage while stealthed. Shame both of their leader abilities would be good together, but maybe Nute lead, SIng and Greedo then you don't need to stay BH since no contract with non BH lead so maybe Princess Leia and maybe a tank? GK for counter (Negotiator) and Lead the charge which should be a huge damage dealer as all will be buffed likely form Leia?

Of course I guess too many counter teams to this, but may be fun concept team.
  • Thanks for the Aurra info, folks! Never noticed her in Phantom Menace, that’s really cool.
    VonZant wrote: »

I definitely will some day! I’m no hater, I will eventually watch it, but tere’s so much good stuff to watch right now... Still, I should do it fast in case Disney takes it off Netflix and hides it in their own streaming service once that starts.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    Thanks for the Aurra info, folks! Never noticed her in Phantom Menace, that’s really cool.
    VonZant wrote: »

I definitely will some day! I’m no hater, I will eventually watch it, but tere’s so much good stuff to watch right now... Still, I should do it fast in case Disney takes it off Netflix and hides it in their own streaming service once that starts.

Started rewatching it rn, for that exact reason.
  • I actually remember both Aurra Sing and the Tusken Raiders on Canyon Dune Turn (or "Tusken Turn") at Boonta Eve. @DaPowerfulJedi @SydneyRoughD @NicWester @Vinny_Vader_Vedi

Here's Aurra Sing's cameo in The Phantom Menace if anyone is interested... :smile:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RJlyK-QLjoA
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    I actually remember both Aurra Sing and the Tusken Raiders on Canyon Dune Turn (or "Tusken Turn") at Boonta Eve. @DaPowerfulJedi @SydneyRoughD @NicWester @Vinny_Vader_Vedi

Here's Aurra Sing's cameo in The Phantom Menace if anyone is interested... :smile:

Oh cool. I do remember this.
    I actually remember both Aurra Sing and the Tusken Raiders on Canyon Dune Turn (or "Tusken Turn") at Boonta Eve. @DaPowerfulJedi @SydneyRoughD @NicWester @Vinny_Vader_Vedi

Oh cool. I do remember this.

Thanks! :smiley: I thought it was pretty cool myself too.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Greeneya33
    75 posts Member
    edited August 2018

She is an background character in TPM (can be seen on Tatooine during pod race). Also she is a character in canon animated SW series 'Clone Wars'. She is also mentioned in Solo: A star wars story.

Not so much a "cameo" as a background character that they decided to later give a story to.
  • is she worth leveling if I already have a bosk zeta lead, dengar (zeta), ig88, greedo, boba team ready to go for heroic sith raid? I believe this team is meant for p2, not sure if Aurra Sing lead will do more than them in p3, especially if I already invested in bosk zeta lea
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Well, she hits pretty dang hard. She and Embo on a team together will put out a lot of hurt.

9 Bounty Hunters now. Thermal Detonator team option, stun team option, stealth team option, tank team option, counter team option.

Jango next for 2 full teams? Maybe with his flamethrower to give dark side someone that can inflict burning debuff?
  • Jango and young Boba please with a side of hondo.
  • Jango and young Boba please with a side of hondo.

Why don't they add in jango fet as a legendery and you need five star bounty hunters to get him
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I hope Jango is a tank and his leadership is simple:

Payment up Front: Bounty Hunters start each encounter with with their Contract Payout active.
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Jango and young Boba please with a side of hondo.

Why don't they add in jango fet as a legendery and you need five star bounty hunters to get him

I believe they are setting the stage for this, along with a Zam rework.