The Mod Changes Megathread

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Ashany wrote: »
    KyloRen21 wrote: »
    This sounds great and all but how about currency? It's hard enough now for free to play players to get enough currency. Even with the credits event that comes every now and then since RNG is garbage I average about 5m each time. Adding in some better ways to get currency would be a plus with the mods update.

This right here and also what about the complete waste of credits that went into the old mod system? 100's of millions wasted on turning mods gold just to have them turned back to the original color. This whole system change is just a fresh money pit. Frustrating to have to redo a bunch of mods that were already maxed out.

They are all still maxed out. Would you be willing to hive all your mods back for a tiny bit of compensation? It very silly every time the game updates people cry” compensate me” nothing changed but the color. This us clearly a complete misunderstanding of how this is going to work. You will keep the same mods and slice them to make them better. You lose nothing only gain from here.
  • such games should be one constant (like enhancement in Lineage 2 etc), the mechanics of which do not change during all updates . if it is affected, the game dies

I'm 3.4m gp and I love this game, but it's spitting in the face ... for two years we've been farming mods, now this .. we asked you to make a mod management...not 6* mods and gear for mods...

this is a terrible change, I will certainly wait for it to analyze it. but what I see now, this not for me. I will make a decision after the full update is released.

• DarthLBC
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    3.5M day 1 player here. this is really bad possibly the worst idea ever. Yes some people argue that everyone can gain better mods now just slice and upgrade to 6* but that inherently DEVALUES ALL THE 5* mods we have invested in because they are no longer top tier mods. Plus there will be a bottleneck for the slicing materials so now we have to spend again to re-acquire the best mods.

This should just be called what it is.
    A NERF TO MODS.

Using the rationale that your 6* mods are made from your existing 5* mods is a weak argument and avoids the fact 5* have been devalued. In addition, 4* and 3* with good speed secondary's are now worthless as they can never be upgraded.

4 Star mods have been NERFED into 100% GARBAGE NOW ---- this is undisputable!!!

4* can never be made into 6* mods so their value is destroyed. Many players have invested large sums of currency into buying the best mods from the shops - if its a gold 4* with speed and offense that was a no brainer to buy because it can go up to +20 speed. Currently a 3* mod with +15 speed or a 4* with +20 speed secondary can compete vs enemy teams with 5* mods and similar stats because the difference in the main abilities is small. After this update when 5* become 6* the difference in main abilities between the new 6* and the 4* mods will be much larger making the 3 & 4 star mods useless for competition.

To come out and say hey we are updating mods to make it easy for players to swap sets is good. I really thought that was what's happening, but its becoming more and more apparent this is just a way to nerf existing mods and introduce a new paywall guarded 6* mods with an overly complicated new mod system.
  • So I have been talking about mod updates with other players for months. Everyone kept saying the plan was to allow players to see what 4 stats the mod will have when upgraded from the start, to see if it is a worthwhile mod to try and level at all. When I tried to go find this in any of the released information, I came up short.

If we have a 5E mod (5pip grey), and go to try and level it, will it show us what secondaries will be added?

I cannot figure out why everyone was saying save your Grey mods if this is NOT the case, as I still won't be leveling those unless I know they will have a secondary that I want to try and trigger a level up on.

Could we get some clarification on this at all please?

Lastly, I want to just chime in and say that I do not regret my investment into jawas. I used some for the initial clearing of the HAAT at the time, and the game is always evolving. I have 7* Lobot which was a harder farm than any of those Jawas, which you only needed to get to 5* to beat the 3rd challenge. The game is always evolving, and you either change with it or stop playing. I do not expect any "compensation" for the investments into Jawas, or the 20 other toons that are barely used anymore.

Anyway, trying to figure out this confusion of the secondary stats being able to be seen from the start.
  • Please note that new players are joining every day. So please don't always look at everything from a veteran's perspective. Despite all the obstacles that some old players feel - somehow a balace has to be found.

Btw - it was clearly said that the mods are changing - what is being discussed now?
  • Will there be a temporary period of time where we can adjust mods without using credits?
    Since so many stats are changing in such a big way it would be nice to be able to reshuffle without being penalized for the game fundamentally changing on us.
  • Hate the new mod system messy on mod management screen , and just a way to milk more cash as usual , so ridiculously over greedy.
  • Ashany wrote: »
    Why encourage everyone to upgrade all their existing mods to tier A (gold), if they just rolled all the mods back to original tier?

The upgraded values of your mods have not changed at all, and your credits have not been wasted. ONLY the color has changed in order to better reflect the underlying starting values of the secondaries. The devs have spent weeks (nearly two months) explaining that FACT, and somehow you and others still have not gotten the message. WOW.

• Even if the Color changed its still the same mod with the same stats. With slicing you can even make them better

RIGHT! And honestly, I don't know what else the devs could've done over past 6 weeks to make it any more clear. They are implementing this system because it PRESERVES the value of the mods we have spent hundreds of millions of credits on. They could have just added 6pip mods and devalued 5pip mods in the process. Instead, they made the 5pip mods the basis of 6pip mods! How do people not get this?
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Sleepybear wrote: »
    So I have been talking about mod updates with other players for months. Everyone kept saying the plan was to allow players to see what 4 stats the mod will have when upgraded from the start, to see if it is a worthwhile mod to try and level at all. When I tried to go find this in any of the released information, I came up short.

If we have a 5E mod (5pip grey), and go to try and level it, will it show us what secondaries will be added?

I cannot figure out why everyone was saying save your Grey mods if this is NOT the case, as I still won't be leveling those unless I know they will have a secondary that I want to try and trigger a level up on.

Could we get some clarification on this at all please?

Lastly, I want to just chime in and say that I do not regret my investment into jawas. I used some for the initial clearing of the HAAT at the time, and the game is always evolving. I have 7* Lobot which was a harder farm than any of those Jawas, which you only needed to get to 5* to beat the 3rd challenge. The game is always evolving, and you either change with it or stop playing. I do not expect any "compensation" for the investments into Jawas, or the 20 other toons that are barely used anymore.

Anyway, trying to figure out this confusion of the secondary stats being able to be seen from the start.

I would like some clarification on this as well. I remember a Dev specifically stating that we would be able to see all the secondaries on all mods. This was why I was ok with them nerfing (call it like it is) how secondaries now lvl. Tho I still cannot seem them and can no longer find where the Dev stated it.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    So, based on what I've read and what I've tried in-game, for anything other than a gold mod, the first trigger level (3) will reveal a secondary stat on all other colors, @6 it does the same for blue, green and grey, but purple gets its first secondary stat boost, @9 green and grey get another secondary but blue and purple get their boosts, and @12 grey gets its final secondary, green gets its only boost. There's no secondary stat increase at level 15, so grey mods never get a secondary increase?

If so, the most speed you're going to see on a grey mod is +5 or 6 I believe, if you're lucky. So sell all grey mods basically, unless it's a + speed arrow?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    So, based on what I've read and what I've tried in-game, for anything other than a gold mod, the first trigger level (3) will reveal a secondary stat on all other colors, @6 it does the same for blue, green and grey, but purple gets its first secondary stat boost, @9 green and grey get another secondary but blue and purple get their boosts, and @12 grey gets its final secondary, green gets its only boost. There's no secondary stat increase at level 15, so grey mods never get a secondary increase?

If so, the most speed you're going to see on a grey mod is +5 or 6 I believe, if you're lucky. So sell all grey mods basically, unless it's a + speed arrow?

You can slice a mod that isn’t gold, which brings it to the next tier (gray goes to green, green goes to blue, etc.) and each slice will increase a secondary stat. So it’s possible that you could get a gray mod with secondary speed, then slice it four times to gold and have each slice increase speed.
  • Possible, but a massive waste of slicing resources if I also have green/blue/purple with secondary speed.

Keep hitting the mod quantity limit so I might purge many of my 5-dot greys.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Bottom line: this is supposed to be a fun game but this mod revamp is not fun.

They do cash-grab stuff like this but won’t drop Jango, Hux, C-3PO, OT Chewie, a Millennium Falcon that Han pilots (I mean, come on!), X-Wing Luke, Jedi Luke- to name a few.

We suffer through nonsense like this mod fiasco waiting on the good stuff. WHY IS CG PUNISHING US!?

It’s like when were kids and had to eat broccoli before we got ice cream.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • My question is why sell four dot mods in the store if you can’t lvl them up to six. Really just a waste of space or trying to trick less informed players.
  • We are all in a seriously abusive relationship Every once in a while, one of us works up the courage to leave, but most of us just keep coming back for more.
  • Ohh ok, this game dead
  • My question is why sell four dot mods in the store if you can’t lvl them up to six. Really just a waste of space or trying to trick less informed players.

I've always sold anything less than 5 dot mods, even before announcement of slicing. I am not really sure what you are asking, as you answer your own question. Sell 4 dot because you can't slice them up higher.

Unless you are a new player and getting 5 dot mods is difficult for you, sell anything that is 4 or less.
  • Sleepybear wrote: »
    My question is why sell four dot mods in the store if you can’t lvl them up to six. Really just a waste of space or trying to trick less informed players.

I've always sold anything less than 5 dot mods, even before announcement of slicing. I am not really sure what you are asking, as you answer your own question. Sell 4 dot because you can't slice them up higher.

Unless you are a new player and getting 5 dot mods is difficult for you, sell anything that is 4 or less.

I'm sure that top speed 4-dot mods will useful for at last a year or two, until players have built a stockpile of sliced mods large enough for TW.
  • So are secondaries on 4* mods still upgrading the old way?
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, the answer is no

4* and lower mods upgrade just like 5*, only you can’t slice them, right? Which totally messes up everything. Man, they killed mods.

If they thought mod usage was low before, wait til they nerf them all and turn their use into something like solving a mathematical proof.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Another effect this mod nerf/revamp is going to have is to make the early-game that much more difficult for new players.

I tried to get my son to play about a week ago and he lost interest after about 3 days.

Now, new players with their new junk mods are going to get slaughtered in arena by older players with holdover super speed mods that will be impossible to compete with.

Fun times!
  • Another effect this mod nerf/revamp is going to make is to make the early-game that much more difficult for new players.

I tried to get my son to play about a week ago and he lost interest after about 3 days.

Now, new players with their new junk mods are going to get slaughtered in arena by older players with holdover super speed mods that will be impossible to compete with.

You do realize that new players do not play against old players in any arena in any way right
  • Another effect this mod nerf/revamp is going to make is to make the early-game that much more difficult for new players.

You do realize that new players do not play against old players in any arena in any way right

No- do they match by time you’ve played? If so, that’s good.

Still, going to be harder to excel in raids vs those vets with speed mods
  • Basically time started playing. Each arena shard has 20k players, ships has reputedly 2k ,

Raid wise, again, it depends on the guild your in, if your with a bunch of launch players, then you will have more then mod differences to contend with.

Not saying anything regarding the mod changes, . . For various reasons. . . . .
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Well, the answer is no

4* and lower mods upgrade just like 5*, only you can’t slice them, right? Which totally messes up everything. Man, they killed mods.

If they thought mod usage was low before, wait til they nerf them all and turn their use into something like solving a mathematical proof.

Do you have many 4* mods? I think I have 2. Decided early on that I'd only use the best of the best, so anything below blue 5* mods (starting level) was too low, so I sold them off immediately. I'm so much further on mods for it. Took a bit longer to mod everyone, but the result was much higher stats than half the guys I know with fewer credits wasted and the same time spent
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Well, the answer is no

Do you have many 4* mods? I think I have 2. Decided early on that I'd only use the best of the best, so anything below blue 5* mods (starting level) was too low, so I sold them off immediately. I'm so much further on mods for it. Took a bit longer to mod everyone, but the result was much higher stats than half the guys I know with fewer credits wasted and the same time spent

Glad your so well informed....you do realize that CG sold this whole mod update thing based on the premise that they weren't seeing much mod usage out of a huge chunk of players. So you are one of the few. Many aren't so well informed.
  • Has anyone try mod swapping after update? Before update mods that you release from the character was sorted from the high level to lowest level. So if you have a bunch of low level mods 12 and under it was easy to swap since all your character you have mods on have most likey level 15 mods. Now it sorta by original tier (color of mods Gold, Purple, Blue, Green, White) . If you have hundred of mods in your mods pool it take such a long time to find the mod you just release to swap to another character. Anyone have any suggestion to make mods easier?

We need "sort by level/tier/etc" settings that are sticky (stay that way until set to something else).
  • I would argue mod increases are now predetermined (open to manipulation) when they are obtained, and not completely random like before. I don't have a huge testing sample, but I have a lot of interesting results so far. I believe this was done with the increases coming after the leveling. For example, if you increase an newly obtained purple mod, several times my mod increase happened only in the 4th spot. I believe mods are now really open to being manipulated specifically around speed. It would be easy to do a formula to look at your inventory or the mod inventory averages and have a specific algorithm to weight the increases from the very beginning. At the very least I believe when you roll for an increase it's already been determined for the moment you farmed it, whether it was random at the time, or not.