is game worth of playing time wise ?

Prev1
With so many new stuff aded..especialy new mods for mods...why to play this game ?
I just did some coputing, just to get all neded gear for chars to be able to do all types of events...i found i have to spend over 1500 usd....and thats without extra paywall with new mods of mods...is this game realy worth of time and money ?

Replies

• Yes
  • Ive had a really good time playing this game for a year, and I didnt spend a penny. (principle thing, I would never support EA or CG)

So yes, just set your targets clear. Youll get to play with a lot of nice toys and you can enjoy some nice competition, get to know new, friendly people. Thats what you'll get, not every character rifht away and not nr1 spots.
  • Ha, 1500 will get u started.......
  • But yes, it’s a fun game with toons of content to keep u busy. U only need to spend money if you want to. You can be competitive as ftp you just need to focus build and stick to a plan. Have fun
  • Your calculation is a bit wrong. If you want to beat every single event instantly, you actually need to spend considerably more.

But the point is you don't need to beat everything, you can play for free.

And worth the time, at least, IMO.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Some will like playing it and want to spend the time. Others won't like it playing it and won't want to spend the time.

Simple.
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    I worry about the time constraints myself. Just the guild events taking up so much time and possible new things on the horizon at what point will people stop being able to keep up. It sucks booting people from your guild constantly for this reason. The sith raid amplified this 10 fold.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm 100% Free to play. My GP is 2.4mil :)
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Your calculation is a bit wrong. If you want to beat every single event instantly, you actually need to spend considerably more.

But the point is you don't need to beat everything, you can play for free.

And worth the time, at least, IMO.

Yeah, his calculations are way off. I'd be shocked if someone starting out could get by being able to be competitive in all parts of the game right away for less than $50,000.

Since I've been at it for so long I can enjoy it. I've had time to slowly accumulate resources, and adjust to new additions. But starting from scratch must be totally overwhelming. I thoroughly enjoy playing my long term account, but if I had to start over I'd rather quit.
  • As well as a colossal waste of money —>How boring would it be if you did that.....everything done!
    Instead of constant decisions e.g. right now I’ve got to decide between sorting out my BHs or Imperial Troopers and Hoth Brothers vs whatever else etc etc etc....that’s part of the fun surely?
  • In a large part, it’s a character collection game with a battle element. You can spend thousands of dollars to be instantly competitive, you could spend thousands of hours to be competitive without spending any money; you could choose to collect your favorite characters or earn a title. You can take the most efficient path to the top or follow your own way. If you like the type of game and you like Star Wars, it can be worth it. If you don’t enjoy the type of game or don’t know, you can try it out and then decide. It won’t cost any money and comparatively little time to decide.
  • You don't need every character maxed. Also, you're going to have a tough time finding someone on the game forums who doesn't think the game is worth the time.
  • Well, i play this game for some time, and with more stuff in...it is taking a lot more to play, witout 8x speed it is very time consuming is mome events, and in times with just 1x it was just slow as hell.
    And no, i dont want ho have maxed every char, just only very few specialy chosen.
    Especialy with new chars poiring it, is is pointless to max up older char.
  • With so many new stuff aded..especialy new mods for mods...why to play this game ?
    I just did some coputing, just to get all neded gear for chars to be able to do all types of events...i found i have to spend over 1500 usd....and thats without extra paywall with new mods of mods...is this game realy worth of time and money ?

Not really, the game is designed to drain your wallet or life (your time) or both. You will get constant material so that you are hooked permanently, with massive paywalls spawning time to time. Soon, there will be another legendary character and the panic farm will start once more again.
  • The aggressive changing of this game to pay to win did zap some of the enjoyment out of the game, but it’s still fun. If you have a good guild, patience, and some luck, the game is truly fun and addictive. I haven’t spent a cent in this game but I’ve been playing for years, so I don’t feel the crunch as much.

So I’m gonna say as a new player, don’t play unless you either have a lot of time or money. For a paying player, go ahead and keep buying because most of the content is made for you. For us free to play peasants, we will just stroll along until the gap between F2P and P2P gets too big to to keep up, then we can just play another game until that one gets pay to win as well. It’s the circle of mobile game development.
  • With so many new stuff aded..especialy new mods for mods...why to play this game ?

@DrEvil54321 I agree with most of the post about Free vs Spend, but I just want to add that with less than $10 a week you are closer to a F2P than a Spender, to really start getting those new shinny characters you need $300 per character only for stars for mods and gear it is even more.
    I started spending and became F2P because what I could afford was not making any difference at all.
  • Its a personal thing. If you like the game a ton, it should be worth the time. The money, as for myself I wouldn't spend $1 on this game. I'm FTP. I enjoy the grind.
  • This game is worth the time to play one account. And that’s why I have two...

Wait a sec.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    With so many new stuff aded..especialy new mods for mods...why to play this game ?

@DrEvil54321 I agree with most of the post about Free vs Spend, but I just want to add that with less than $10 a week you are closer to a F2P than a Spender, to really start getting those new shinny characters you need $300 per character only for stars for mods and gear it is even more.
    I started spending and became F2P because what I could afford was not making any difference at all.

same here
  • Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Eman5983 wrote: »
    The aggressive changing of this game to pay to win did zap some of the enjoyment out of the game, but it’s still fun. If you have a good guild, patience, and some luck, the game is truly fun and addictive. I haven’t spent a cent in this game but I’ve been playing for years, so I don’t feel the crunch as much.

So I’m gonna say as a new player, don’t play unless you either have a lot of time or money. For a paying player, go ahead and keep buying because most of the content is made for you. For us free to play peasants, we will just stroll along until the gap between F2P and P2P gets too big to to keep up, then we can just play another game until that one gets pay to win as well. It’s the circle of mobile game development.

I’m fully F2P*
    https://swgoh.gg/u/grondak/
    Arena Rank 20 to 40 most days....
    Newish shard and enjoying myself! Could have been more efficient at the start!
    No need to spend £100s if you follow a guide like Warriors Pillars...

*EDIT - I bought the Bastila pack £10....so technically I’ve spent £10
  • This is such a subjective question. If you enjoy the game then it is worth it, if you don’t enjoy the game then probably not.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    This is such a subjective question. If you enjoy the game then it is worth it, if you don’t enjoy the game then probably not.

^this. you're the only person who can decide if it's worth the time and money (if you so choose).
  • Of course, only me can decide, biu i ajdet options of others.
  • JohnLove11
    153 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    If you are enjoying playing and grinding then yes it is worth your time.

If you are finding it rough and feel it is becoming a chore rather than fun, then no it is not worth your time.

Simple as that.

Also If you spend all the money in the world to max out everything then what do you plan to achieve next? For me the main part of the game is the grind to unlock new heros and level them up, and progress through different game modes
  • Don’t compare your speed of progression to the cost buying your way through. This game has notoriously low ROI.
  • Definitely not worth spending money imo. Its just a phone game, not a real game...and there are constantly bugs. Its not well tested. Its handled pretty poorly from the developmental end.
    But its star wars and its a good time killer so it has that going for it.
  • I play for about 30 minutes a day, its a great waste of time while on break at work or early in the morning while drinking my coffee.
  • Playing since launch, have really enjoyed myself along the way. Spent some money here and there. It always goes fast and does little to really help. If I lost all my progress and had to start over ... no, I would not do it again. But I had fun doing it the first time.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Playing since launch, have really enjoyed myself along the way. Spent some money here and there. It always goes fast and does little to really help. If I lost all my progress and had to start over ... no, I would not do it again. But I had fun doing it the first time.

I have a similar experience and similar feelings. Well, not played since launch but apart from that- everything the same.
    Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Never play just one game, you will burn out and rage quit. Always, ALWAYS have a fall back.