I feel embarrassed and discouraged after this!

2Next

Replies

• Is it jut me or does anyone else find bastila teams easy to beat. Just fracture yoda and take him out. Then the rest are easy

Because Tenacity doesn't work like it "should". They made a character to defend with a broken skill where 200% tenacity won't stop debuffs because "15%" which to the AI means "15% of the time, it works everytime!" But for us players, meh....

I was hoping mods 2.0 would bring some kind of fix to the tenacity debacle, but nope. Don't see that happening. Of course potency works way too good, so it's okay....(except against the AI.) lol
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Is it jut me or does anyone else find bastila teams easy to beat. Just fracture yoda and take him out. Then the rest are easy

Because Tenacity doesn't work like it "should". They made a character to defend with a broken skill where 200% tenacity won't stop debuffs because "15%" which to the AI means "15% of the time, it works everytime!" But for us players, meh....

I was hoping mods 2.0 would bring some kind of fix to the tenacity debacle, but nope. Don't see that happening. Of course potency works way too good, so it's okay....(except against the AI.) lol

@Whatelse73
    That’s not how the 15% chance works. Instead of a 15% chance for the debuff to stick, there is a 15% chance for it to not stick. The check goes like this:

1. What chance does the debuff have to stick? If it’s 100%, skip to check 2, if it’s less, it has to pass the check first. An ability that has a 50% chance to land the debuff will only pass this check 50% of the time. If it doesn’t pass, no debuff.
    2. Potency vs Tenacity check. Every ability has 100% potency, so add that to base potency, potency from mods, potency from buffs, and potency from leader/unique abilities. The equation is potency -tenacity = chance for debuff to stick. If it doesn’t pass the check, no debuff.
    3. Is the attack evaded? If so, no debuff. Is the attack resisted? There is a 15% chance for every debuff to be resisted, unless the ability says its unresistable. If it’s resisted, no debuff.

Once you’ve passed everything, then the debuff will land. Tenacity is not broken, it’s just difficult to reach a level that overcomes potency.
  • I (like a lot of people here) don't get why you are embarrassed about winning. It's not like you win every single squad battle you ever do. You won a battle against a team designed to counter yours. Good job. End of discussion.
  • Ep gets shredded by Bast teams. Just use Traya as lead.
    Is it jut me or does anyone else find bastila teams easy to beat. Just fracture yoda and take him out. Then the rest are easy

@Whatelse73
    That’s not how the 15% chance works. Instead of a 15% chance for the debuff to stick, there is a 15% chance for it to not stick. The check goes like this:

1. What chance does the debuff have to stick? If it’s 100%, skip to check 2, if it’s less, it has to pass the check first. An ability that has a 50% chance to land the debuff will only pass this check 50% of the time. If it doesn’t pass, no debuff.
    2. Potency vs Tenacity check. Every ability has 100% potency, so add that to base potency, potency from mods, potency from buffs, and potency from leader/unique abilities. The equation is potency -tenacity = chance for debuff to stick. If it doesn’t pass the check, no debuff.
    3. Is the attack evaded? If so, no debuff. Is the attack resisted? There is a 15% chance for every debuff to be resisted, unless the ability says its unresistable. If it’s resisted, no debuff.

Once you’ve passed everything, then the debuff will land. Tenacity is not broken, it’s just difficult to reach a level that overcomes potency.

Unless it's a mirror match against an AI EP. Then, even with 150% potency, your mass stun hits 2 or 3 and the AI's EP lands 3 full team mass stuns in one match. ;-) (Happens to me at least once a day.)

Even Warrior (Game Changer) has stated tenacity is broken because of the way it is implemented vs potency. If I can't do a mass stun of a whole team more than once or twice a week (3 mass stuns a match, times 5 a day times seven days = 105 attempts?) with my 150+ potency EP, then something is broken. Hell I've even seen full teams shrug off mass stun and not get one stun on any.

Tenacity isn't working like it should, tenacity mod sets are scoffed at, tenacity doesn't mean much, etc etc. Potency work? Yep, definitely (unless the AI doesn't want it to. lol), but tenacity shouldn't be as handicapped as it is. (Whether that means it is broken or not broken is irrelevant.)

@Whatelse73

This is wrong. And looks like the Warrior explanation. There is no step 3, it's already in built into step 2 which is Chance to resist = Tenacity - Potency to a minimum of 15%. There isn't a separate check. I wish people would stop quoting this as though it were a Bible.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    This is wrong. And looks like the Warrior explanation. There is no step 3, it's already in built into step 2 which is Chance to resist = Tenacity - Potency to a minimum of 15%. There isn't a separate check. I wish people would stop quoting this as though it were a Bible.

OK it's technically wrong but functionally the same thing. Who cares.
  • TL;DR some different calculations of chances for debufs to land or not... just because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    TarlaBille wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

I know this doesn't mater at all but if you did want to calculate exact debuf rates then it's important to note that functionally it's not the same thing at all. Taking two examples in which the chance to apply effect case is met here is what you could expect from the two different versions of the calculation...
    NB: I've called this (100 + Potency - Tenacity)/100 equation given above "chance to apply"

1) Probability of debuf fail = max(0.15, (Tenacity - Potency)/100)
    2) Probability of debuf fail = 1 - (chance to apply * (1 - chance to resist))
    = 1 - (((100 + Potency - Tenacity)/100) * 0.85)

Take a potency of 90 and a tenacity of 180 (e.g. a palp vs jedi type case)

in case 1) Probability of debuf fail = 0.9
    in case 2) Probability of debuf fail = 0.915

Second case potency = 50, and tenacity = 55 (e.g. more traditional debuff toon vs common tenacity pre new mods)

in case 1) Probability of debuf fail = 0.15
    in case 2) Probability of debuf fail = 0.1925

No idea if it's actually case 1 or 2 in reality but the second seems like a complete mess of a method to use.

Regarding this comment however,
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    If I can't do a mass stun of a whole team more than once or twice a week (3 mass stuns a match, times 5 a day times seven days = 105 attempts?) with my 150+ potency EP, then something is broken.

lets assume EP has infinite potency and the opponent has zero tenacity so best case scenario. Chance of landing 5 stuns is going to be (0.7*0.85)^5 = 0.075 so about 7 in every 100 attempts. I'd consider toning it down a bit on your potency to be honest because apart from bastila teams the extra that you are modding for is mostly wasted.
  • I think it's funny he thinks it takes no effort to get Bastila or Hoda.

I find it interesting it takes no effort getting them...

I'm a day 1 player and as a f2p player, Bastila is impossible to farm. Hoda can ONLY be farmed with TW/TB credits. Also, THAT was MONTHS of farming only Hoda shards while others were gearing people up left and right. When you farm Hoda and/or Wampa, you pretty much have to only farm them or it will take forever to 7* them.

As a day 1 player (albeit a f2p) I'm calling you out on your "it takes no effort to obtain these guys" nonsense.

It took MONTHS of effort farming Hoda at the detrement of farming gear. And I can only get Bastila as a 3* because I refuse to spend money on anything EA after they screwed me over on Madden Mobile.

So yeah... You are seriously downplaying the effort it takes getting Hoda and Bastila.

Bastila was a literal handout, she's perfectly viable at 3/4* and takes zero effort to obtain.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    TL;DR some different calculations of chances for debufs to land or not... just because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    TarlaBille wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

I know this doesn't mater at all but if you did want to calculate exact debuf rates then it's important to note that functionally it's not the same thing at all. Taking two examples in which the chance to apply effect case is met here is what you could expect from the two different versions of the calculation...
    NB: I've called this (100 + Potency - Tenacity)/100 equation given above "chance to apply"

1) Probability of debuf fail = max(0.15, (Tenacity - Potency)/100)
    2) Probability of debuf fail = 1 - (chance to apply * (1 - chance to resist))
    = 1 - (((100 + Potency - Tenacity)/100) * 0.85)

Take a potency of 90 and a tenacity of 180 (e.g. a palp vs jedi type case)

in case 1) Probability of debuf fail = 0.9
    in case 2) Probability of debuf fail = 0.915

Second case potency = 50, and tenacity = 55 (e.g. more traditional debuff toon vs common tenacity pre new mods)

in case 1) Probability of debuf fail = 0.15
    in case 2) Probability of debuf fail = 0.1925

No idea if it's actually case 1 or 2 in reality but the second seems like a complete mess of a method to use.

Regarding this comment however,
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    If I can't do a mass stun of a whole team more than once or twice a week (3 mass stuns a match, times 5 a day times seven days = 105 attempts?) with my 150+ potency EP, then something is broken.

lets assume EP has infinite potency and the opponent has zero tenacity so best case scenario. Chance of landing 5 stuns is going to be (0.7*0.85)^5 = 0.075 so about 7 in every 100 attempts. I'd consider toning it down a bit on your potency to be honest because apart from bastila teams the extra that you are modding for is mostly wasted.

Thank you @EduardoCadav for showing the maths on how it is both technically and functionally wrong. @TarlaBille