Sorry Phipps

Prev13456791
I knocked you out with like 20 seconds to go. I wanted to see if I could still win a fight with Magnaguard and his slow self.

Replies

• Hahaha, it was my fault I gave you too much time. I had you locked out the 10 minutes prior anyways as 3rd and 2nd place were locked in a match and I hate sitting there like a wounded duck. I did a 50 refresh to try and lock in top spot just didn't work out. It's so hard to time up and lock in number 1 since you can get locked out yourself during the 5pm run which throws off the last 10 min timing. The update

FYI magnaguard damage was basically non-existent. what does he bring to the table?
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Nothing. I thought the turn meter reduction AE might be good. It wasn't. It isn't. But I have aesthetic issues with Daka so I need to keep looking for a 5th man.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Looks like RG might be the new OP character
  • Calvo will have him soon then. Mine is 6 star but not geared, not leveled, not part of my plan right now.
  • What time zone are you guys?
    Empire Relic
  • Yo Predian and Phipps. I'm on here every once in a while but never saw any names I recognized till now. I'm in the 6:00pm Hawaiian standard time. How about you guys?
  • Eastern time here
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    Hey guys! I dropped a little bit a couple of days ago (Freak of nature) working my way back if they let me. I'm at Central Time. Pleasure to see you Pineapple! I've suffered your team several times!
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Eastern. That Hawaii time must be nice since no one is probably going for number 1 other than you
  • It is nice although it's possible that the Chinese character player is in my time zone he's usually up there at 1 or 2 when I go for it. The comp he and Calvo run is ridiculous. Thanks freak of nature good to see you too.
  • Central Time Zone. I am Empire Relic.
    Empire Relic
  • Would you guys be interested in creating a line chat or discord server to talk about swgoh more easily?
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Calvo was unbeatable by my squad when the leader speed change occurred and QGJ became leader everywhere. That's when I still had Poe in my squad and I couldn't beat him because his other toons were too fast. Instead of jumping on the QGJ train I researched and figured HRS was the most viable high speed high DPS toon I could farm quickly. Now I have him in there doin work and I haven't lost to him on offense since. It's all about speed.

Farming AA and Biggs right now as well.(Already have Luke 7 star max gear ready to go). Once AA and Biggs are 7 star and gear 7-8 I'll have my rebel squad in there to try out to see if they can get the job done. (Should be about 10 days and I'll have them max)
  • Congrats on that #1 Empire Relic! I ended #3 and had the chance to challenge you in the very last minute but could not win the fight, the AI killed my GS before I could use it...

#3 for my current team is pretty good thoug, so no complaints!

I have Line, so if you are interested we can start a group.
  • I managed to squeeze out calvo today. He's been feisty lately.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I took #1 on Saturday, he took #1 from me and gave me 1:30 to go after he beat me. He's beatable in 60 seconds (as I assume most or all of our squads are on defense)Then I dropped to 25 which is the farthest I've dropped in weeks.

Then on my climb back to top 5 for our payout some random team played and beat me putting me back again. Them I messed up and lost my first match on offense in forever, was my own fault.

Then I took it personal and burned 3 50 crystal refreshes and was able to challenge Datt from the #7 and take #3 with only 1:45 to go. Beat him still had 20 seconds to go, was the most stressful day of arena in months.

Lesson learned, if you drop that far start at 4 use your 5 battles and only refresh once to get another 5 to get your top 3 rank.
  • That does sound hectic. I've got line. My id is "swgohpineapple" hit me up if you want to start a chat.
  • I would be interested in starting a line of chat. And yes I got lucky with the #1 spot last night. By the way, the chinese character guy took #1 with 30 minutes left in central time, I can't figure this guy out!
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I lost GW for the first time in memory today. Couldn't win the last battle. I was facing teams of 70s on my first node. Crazy. I burned tons of crystals and all my credits and training droids trying to level up a D and E and F team to get that last fight. As it stands now it's a level 70 captain phasma standing there alive, and me with a bunch of level 1 toons to throw at him.
  • I think the GW difficulty is based on the power of your arena squad.
    Empire Relic
  • My arena squad varies. So maybe. But I've definitely had my current squad before.
  • Saturday, Calvo was fighting our entire timezone. He must have refreshed and still had battles left over.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Him and the Chinese name guy do this all the time. Makes no sense. When I have leftover battles from a refresh I use them the last hour of the day before midnight. This way they don't go to waste and it's 6pm over the Pacific so it doesn't effect anyone. No point in wasting battles anyways like they do as other ppl will just knock you back as they move to the top for their payout.
  • I do the same with my extra battles, I wait till after Pacific time, that way it quiets down for a while.

By the way, I was going to go with an all rebel team too, until the Yoda Challenge was announced, I might still end up going for it though, since I already have Leia.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Yea I am not going for yoda, don't want to spend 2 months to get him, figure one day I'll just get him organically when I have the right starred up characters. That's why I'm doing a full rebel squad as I assume one day...even if months away, there will be a rebel event and I'll be able to be one of the first to get a new character.
  • I use my extra battles whenever because it's fun. I don't really consider time zones.
  • I have been doing the same with an empire squad, although I don't have them advanced enough to trot out in arena, only in GW. I am hoping they have an empire event one day.
    Empire Relic
  • Datt
    23 posts Member
    That was rough yesterday Phipps, dropping out of the top 5 with no time to get back in hurts lol!
  • Did the guy Maekida Kin stop using a droid team?
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Hahaha I had no choice I was out of time and had the weirdest day of arena in forever, Predian, Calvo, you and me are always top 4 for east coast. We just need to make sure that we get to top 4 first then battle out the top spots at the end....which is basically timing luck.
    This way no matter what we get 4th at worse instead of getting booted back to 5-8.

I was sure to do this today I was in 7th with like 20-30 min to go. Instead of taking 3rd from you I took 4th from someone not in our payout time.

Didn't want to beat you then just have you beat me sending me back to 7th, would be pointless. Moved to 4th then 2nd. Then somehow was lucky enough to get in match with Calvo with 6 min left and his defense beat me for the first time in weeks(perfect RNG for him and every character of his crit every shot)