Bastila, wibbly wobbly, timey wimey, healthy protection, stuff

I'm sure this has been addressed, but I can't find it anywhere, so I'm bringing it up again.

I ran the math on this the other day, so I'm 100% confident that if you have 1000 base health, and you apply a mod (I know this doesn't exist, I'm making the math simple) that gives +10% health, and another mod that gives 5% health, your end health will be 1150. The mods will each individually look at the characters base stat, and use that number for the calculation, not the stacking stat after mods have been applied, that's fine.

Now, insert Bastila. Since I cannot look at my characters stats in the middle of battle, do we know for sure that Bastila's lead will give the bonus protection before or after the mods have been applied? Does that also apply to mod sets? I don't think there's a way to figure that out on our own, that has to come from the higher ups, right???

If I'm describing that poorly, let me know and I'll clarify. Thanks.

Replies

• Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    My understanding is that the protection is based on the max health of a character at the beginning of the match, which would include the bonus health from mods. Similar to how R2's Zeta adds bonus whatever based on 10% of R2's stats including mods during battle. I could be wrong but that's what have believed from reading a while.
  • The boost bastila gives is based on each individual character's current protection...... And insight believe it's their base protection, but could be wrong....
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    The boost bastila gives is based on each individual character's current protection...... And insight believe it's their base protection, but could be wrong....

This is incorrect. Counterintuitively, the mechanics of all protection up is based on max (not current) health, and yes, I believe that's including mods. The mods seem to apply first before any other ability-based bonuses are taken into account.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    The boost bastila gives is based on each individual character's current protection...... And insight believe it's their base protection, but could be wrong....

This is incorrect. Counterintuitively, the mechanics of all protection up is based on max (not current) health, and yes, I believe that's including mods. The mods seem to apply first before any other ability-based bonuses are taken into account.

Bastila lead doesnt read that way...... It reads as a straight up percentage boost to existing protection......
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »

Bastila lead doesnt read that way...... It reads as a straight up percentage boost to existing protection......

You're right about it not reading that way, but it has been established that the 200% bonus protection is based off of the health of the toon, I just wasn't sure if it was before or after mods.

Why did they decide to do it that way, I have no idea, but it's true.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

You're right about it not reading that way, but it has been established that the 200% bonus protection is based off of the health of the toon, I just wasn't sure if it was before or after mods.

Not arguing with you, just wish we had a way to validate......

Fun tip.... That protection is a non unique buff..... Gmy can steal it..... If there is a Bastilla team you struggle with, try swapping in gmy for your weakest toon, stealing the prot and spreading it.... It's pretty amusing.....
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited August 2018

Fun tip.... That protection is a non unique buff..... Gmy can steal it..... If there is a Bastilla team you struggle with, try swapping in gmy for your weakest toon, stealing the prot and spreading it.... It's pretty amusing.....

Bastila lead protection up is based on maxed health (like all protection up and bonus protection)

vhVaoWQ.jpg

GMY cannot steal it as it is a special_shield_buff and GMY can only steal sheild_buff.
    GMY gives protection up with his battle meditation

Yoda gains Tenacity Up, Protection Up (30%), and Foresight for 2 turns, then grants each ally every non-unique buff he has (excluding Stealth and Taunt) for 2 turns. Yoda grants himself +35% Turn Meter and an additional +10% Turn Meter for each other living Jedi ally.

GMY give protection up (20%) to allies

In battle unique, leads, buffs etc are based off of modded stats.
  • scuba wrote: »

Bastila lead protection up is based on maxed health (like all protection up and bonus protection)

vhVaoWQ.jpg

GMY cannot steal it as it is a special_shield_buff and GMY can only steal sheild_buff.

Yoda gains Tenacity Up, Protection Up (30%), and Foresight for 2 turns, then grants each ally every non-unique buff he has (excluding Stealth and Taunt) for 2 turns. Yoda grants himself +35% Turn Meter and an additional +10% Turn Meter for each other living Jedi ally.

Tha is man..... I need to test this though.... For my.oem sanity.... There doesn't seem to be anything unique or special about it.....
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

vhVaoWQ.jpg

Tha is man..... I need to test this though.... For my.oem sanity.... There doesn't seem to be anything unique or special about it.....

It is all easy test.
    Testing 200% protection up
    Use Hoda basic the protection up will count as max protection while it is active so Hoda will heal based on modded protection + (200% x max health). Note it does not actually restore the protection up. If I have time I will test and show you.

vhVaoWQ.jpg

It is all easy test.
    Use Hoda basic the protection up will count as max protection while it is active so Hoda will heal based on modded protection + (200% x max health). Note it does not actually restore the protection up. If I have time I will test and show you.

Yes..... Because having hoda is easy..... Lol
  • Respect scuba..... Don't take that as a slight..... This is the stuff I love to talk about....
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

vhVaoWQ.jpg

It is all easy test.

Yes..... Because having hoda is easy..... Lol

Doesn't everyone have him?... OK ok any one that can do a protection restore
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Respect scuba..... Don't take that as a slight..... This is the stuff I love to talk about....

If you like to see the inner workings of abilities head over to swgoh.gg
    The abilities have links to mechanics that show all the fun/boring stuff.
    Are you sure ? I remember that when I use Thrawn' Grand Admiral Command on a buffed Wampa it seems to restore is special protection up
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It is in detail on swgoh.gg page...
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/bastila-shan/ability/initiative

(click the max level ability to unfold the full detail - and you will see there:

Grant Shield
    Context #2

leaderability_bastilashan_protection_u02

For All from Ally Side who are Alive and is profession_jedi
    Add a shield of 200% Max Health
    Effect is unresistable
    Descriptivecountable_special_buffspecial_shield_buff
    Effect expires on:Death
    Context Returned: Shield amount gained
  • Just start a battle with Bastila lead and a character that isn’t geared enough to have any protection. That character gains protection which means it must be based off health and not protection.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Metasly wrote: »
    Are you sure ? I remember that when I use Thrawn' Grand Admiral Command on a buffed Wampa it seems to restore is special protection up

When I have seen big restores like that in game it didn't seem to do much for the protection up (purple part) but I could be wrong on that part. Short of counting hits would be hard to say.