Content Update 8/29/2018 - Second Round of Mod Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• IMO this is one of the best updates for swgoh. I'm pretty sure farming 6 dot mods will ruin this feeling. But as of right now, just being able to filter your mods with highest stats shown is too good. Thanks devs. Took some millenia, but this looks perfect! :D

Bye bye swgoh.gg! (JK it's still awesome lol)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    It also shows 5 tw
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Parableman wrote: »
    It looks like you can see all four energies when clicking on gear or a character and looking through missions to sim, but the main page shows only three of them, without ships.

No gear or characters on mod table si you wont see the mod energy unless searching for slice materials.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    It looks like you can see all four energies when clicking on gear or a character and looking through missions to sim, but the main page shows only three of them, without ships.

No gear or characters on mod table si you wont see the mod energy unless searching for slice materials.

Actually it does show up under a gear search.

KxVYwRG.jpg
  • No, you can see mod energy on the main page now, along with cantina energy and regular energy. There's no fleet energy there, though.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Actually it does show up under a gear search.

KxVYwRG.jpg

I see. Nice idea stocking up on that energy too. That tiny square instead of circle makes them still look similar.
  • Tynnribbe wrote: »
    One pretty annoying bug: after creating a loadout there is no way to access or edit it except for assigning it to a character

Try long pressing the Loadout to edit.

Cheers mate!!
  • Loadouts and filters are a VAST improvement. Thank you!

However, working with them, one thing already bugs me: we need a "don't select mods from loadouts ON THIS TAB" check mark in addition to the ones there. Skipping all loadouts is mostly useless: I don't care if my arena, TW and hSTR loadouts reuse the same mods; what I need to prevent is reusing TW mods from one team on another one.
  • a2daj
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

[*] Facebook Account can now be used to link devices to one account

Could this cause any potential issues if you have previously used a single Facebook account to get the "Facebook Connect" crystals across different Android and iOS accounts?
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    All of the health crosses are DRASTICALLY more expensive to slice than any other mod. Definitely a bug.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Mark 2 pulse modulator didnt show on store after refresh.
  • Looks like the four energies are all showing in the first Quests page. Just not on the main cantina page, where it's most important for it to be.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    First off very nice mod management... I especially like preset roll outs.

However I have one concern.... Has anyone tested the mod management system with re guard to losing mods if you go over your inventory cap?. I do not know if that issue was solved but their always seems to be threads about it.

If I am at my mod cap... And move a mod from one toon to another, will I lose a mod.

I.E. If I have 1000 (I do not know what the max is...) mods in inventory, and the max is 1000. And I give my Wompa a mod off Thrawn. What happens to the mod I had on wompa? Do I lose it?

Up to this point I always swap mods on characters. To prevent any chance of losing any.

The mod swapping system looks very useful. But I can see how after someone uses it for a few weeks they will move 50+ mods off characters they are not using into inventory (unintentionally filling it up).

Please PM me the response.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    So far it seems nothing was tested as usual.
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    Only thing I noticed. If you save a set and then make a change, you have to resave that set and toon. If you move the original saved set to another, the changed mod stays with the first toon instead of being moved.

Sorry not sure if this was mentioned...
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    So my question would be after finding that out. Could you save a set specific to one aspect of the game. Then change it for another and save that as another set? So like auto rancor you want speed on cls. But say you want critical damage for arena (just example not saying I would). Could you create multiple CLS sets?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    There is an issue with the Mod Recommendation system recommending incorrect Mods for some characters. I've posted it in KNOWN ISSUES but just to reiterate, we plan to fix this tomorrow in our final piece of this round of updates for Mods. Timing is subject to change if we run into further issues.

An issue? Lol, what are the chances???
  • It’s just sitting there taunting me right now!
  • Same.
  • Can someone tell me what the numbers mean by the secondaries?
  • That's not ship energy. It's mod energy. Ship energy doesn't appear at all on the main screen.
  • TAureliusC wrote: »
    In the front screen it shows 144 ships energy but in the ships screen it shows 16. Already a bug discovered...... wonder if anyone test these things

Tested. Passed not a bug.
  • Parableman wrote: »
    That's not ship energy. It's mod energy. Ship energy doesn't appear at all on the main screen.
    Now, how do we use it?
  • I'm sure I'm the minority here, but I think this is a horrible change.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the devs trying to improve the game, but someone please explain how this is better?

We were told to keep all our 1* mods because we'd be able to slice them up if they had good starting stats. All of my grey/1*/2* that were speed/speed I kept so I could slice them. Nope, slicing is not available.

(Can't even get slicing materials, for that matter)

The only thing I can seem to slice are my already existing 5* blue mods which are already pretty solid.

Make this a system where through credits and salvage/slicing gear we can turn junk mods into something usable, and that would be a nice change. Of course, thats what I thought this was going to be, but it looks like this is a "spend a ton of time farming slicing mats to add a few points of a secondary stat to an alread decent mod"

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I'm really loving the mod management. Excellent update.

I'm currently making loadouts for all my current important toons and a quality of life suggestion would be the ability to pre-load mod loadouts by choosing an existing character when creating loadouts. Like go to character select screen and then choose Jedi Rey and have the current loadout filled with her current mods and then adjust however you want and then save
    I just noticed that the mod energy refresh rate is only 50 crystals. This is wonderful.

This is good too.

Suggestion: increase mod capacity. 750 feels very less now with an ever increasing cast of characters.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'm really loving the mod management. Excellent update.

I'm currently making loadouts for all my current important toons and a quality of life suggestion would be the ability to pre-load mod loadouts by choosing an existing character when creating loadouts. Like go to character select screen and then choose Jedi Rey and have the current loadout filled with her current mods and then adjust however you want and then save
    I just noticed that the mod energy refresh rate is only 50 crystals. This is wonderful.

This is good too.

Suggestion: increase mod capacity. 750 feels very less now with an ever increasing cast of characters.

It's not it 750 not on characters? I thought mods on toons don't count towards the limit.
  • Ship energy and gold being taken away from the main screen is HORRIBLE
  • What are you talking about? Ship energy has never been on the main screen.
  • Credits have been though.
    Ship energy should be added and credits put back.