The Mod Changes Megathread

Replies

• Farmed hard nodes for the last 5 Days now exclusively and don't have the mats to even slice a green mod. Just 2 gray. So they gave us something very good and badly needed and wrapped it into a stupid and annoying grind (cashcow) again. hmm thx I guess... My only hope ist that the mats will be provided more often from the normal sources, but somehow I am in doubt.
  • So, the mod recommendation system is utter garbage. For instance, Sion is recommended to have speed and crit chance, yet it recommends me a 3* speed arrow instead of the 5* faster speed arrow he's already using. Oooookay. I'm seeing super-poor recommendations across the board.

Also, slicing is going to be one huge, frustrating hassle. Farming materials for slicing is another grind, yet this is a grind just to roll the dice. There's no guarantee that the materials we're farming will be useful if the stats we want to increase don't move. In other words, it could be a huge waste depending on what RNG decides to do with our resources.

I hope this is looked into and changed.

• OK, some one explain this hot mess to me please, I've read through as much of these posts as I can and no one seems to address this..

We can only slice existing 5* mods? I don't have the option to slice anything lower than 5* - I was under the impression that we could take existing lower tier mods and work them up if we wanted to. If that's the case then advantage goes to players who have a huge diverse collection of existing 5* blue mods.

• Bauer
    54 posts Member
    I like the change for the most part but what I hate the most is that I've only had 1 speed secondary stat increase in the last week. I know the chances are decreased now but this is terrible. Some of these mods I've spent 4 million credits on plus almost 2 million of fleet currency just to have the speed secondary not go up at all!! It was bad before and now it seems a thousand times worse
  • Preto
    56 posts Member
    I was really excited about the new Mod changes... now after the patch, not so much...

The mods recommendation was something I was really waiting for as I have a lot of 5* mods; beside the fact that it now tells you which mod sets are recommended which is really good, I don't think it's working very well...example below:

Darth Vader - Recommended Mod sets: Speed & Critical chance

7bf4b6612d.png
  • I was disappointed with 1 thing so far, when you're in basic mode, and you let the game choose the mods, it doesn't show you the stat change before you move the mods. I think it would be nice to see what the effects are of the mods before finalizing the moves. This is only on the basic side, the advanced side I still have to play with more.
  • Mod suggestions is beyond FUBAR
  • The comment on the mod suggestions was that it was based off of old data, not very helpful.
  • Problems:
    1. There is no way to acquire Mod Salvage.
    2. There is no way to spend Mod Energy, as mod battles and challenges still use Cantina Energy.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I think it's fine. The basic mode with recommendations is decent enough for newer players, they can easily mod their toons. (I think most end-game players understand mods by now)
    I really love the advanced mode I found a few gems hiding among my lower toons, it's been super useful so far, and I will be remodding today.
    My only issue is the stats.. I'm glad the set bonuses were increased, but was expecting primary (and some even said secondary) stats to increase as well before slicing (still months of farming away for most f2p players to be much help). What happened to increasing stats??
  • Hawkecr wrote: »
    OK, some one explain this hot mess to me please, I've read through as much of these posts as I can and no one seems to address this..

We can only slice existing 5* mods? I don't have the option to slice anything lower than 5* - I was under the impression that we could take existing lower tier mods and work them up if we wanted to. If that's the case then advantage goes to players who have a huge diverse collection of existing 5* blue mods.

Correct. Only 5* mods can be sliced.
  • nbe7z60u881g.jpeg

Just wondering if anyone thought this when doing the tutorial :D
  • Gannon wrote: »
    I think it's fine. The basic mode with recommendations is decent enough for newer players, they can easily mod their toons. (I think most end-game players understand mods by now)
    I really love the advanced mode I found a few gems hiding among my lower toons, it's been super useful so far, and I will be remodding today.
    My only issue is the stats.. I'm glad the set bonuses were increased, but was expecting primary (and some even said secondary) stats to increase as well before slicing (still months of farming away for most f2p players to be much help). What happened to increasing stats??

They did change mod set bonus for all tiers of mods. Making Defense sets for example a solid option for more characters.

They also tried to increase balance between Primary and Secondary Bonuses when mods are upgraded to 6 Star. They did not change anything on lower tier mods. Speed is still king of secondary stats, but the others are closer to balanced.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Preto wrote: »
    I was really excited about the new Mod changes... now after the patch, not so much...

The mods recommendation was something I was really waiting for as I have a lot of 5* mods; beside the fact that it now tells you which mod sets are recommended which is really good, I don't think it's working very well...example below:

Darth Vader - Recommended Mod sets: Speed & Critical chance

7bf4b6612d.png

I'm not sure the recommendations takes into consideration the secondary stats. Only the mod set and primaries. That would be my theory, anyway. Honestly, I'm not even sure it takes into account the VALUE of the primary stat.
  • I just went through my stockpile of level 1 mods without speed, increased all of them to show all 4 secondary stats and picked up several mods with speed. A few of them even upgraded the speed secondary. This coupled with the lower cost to upgrade mods is a great feature. Now we have less throw away mods, especially from events. Meaning I can now give my lower priority characters decent mods. Great job CG.
    As for slicing, I will reserve judgment but it seems like the materials are dropping pretty slow. Not sure if there is a money grab on the horizen (I assume there is, gotta pay the bills) but slicing seems like it will have too little effect to be worth the trouble. Guess we will wait and see.
  • Does anyone know the purpose of Mod credits? I must be missing something, because it doesn't look like you can use them on anything. I assumed they would be for mod challenges, but that's still cantina energy.
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Preto wrote: »

I'm not sure the recommendations takes into consideration the secondary stats. Only the mod set and primaries. That would be my theory, anyway. Honestly, I'm not even sure it takes into account the VALUE of the primary stat.

7hvw24b5g90t.jpeg
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Those who are complaining about recommendations have you looked under dev announcements under “known issues” ???
  • Feedback suggestions for mod improvements

Nr 1 is add quick sell button in the loadout screen or mod management screen. It is almost impossible to find a or mutiple individual mods you want to sell quickly.
    Nr 2 is Make a button on the mod management screen where you equip your mods to your charachter. That button should be, "save this modset to a mod loadout" So you can save excisting equipped mod sets to a loadout.
    Nr 3 is It is kinda hard to tell where your mods are when you creating a loadout. For example sure you can press the button to show only mods that are not in loadouts but then still that wouldn't tell you everything when you are actively comparing mod sets/loadouts to determine which mods fits best where. (in order to make the highest speed loadouts for example)
    So for example you have mutiple fast mod load outs and you want to compare the mods that you can equip for your other set, but you're not sure since you have a limited amount of certaint type of mods. So you go back and forth and recheck if you can equip a lesser version in a different mod loadout at minimal or no loss, to see if you can free up a certain type of mod with a certain type of speed in order to still fulfill the "set requirments like 4/4 speed"
    Now Im not sure how exactly they could help players make these snap judgements alot faster. But one way that I can think of is, while not ideal (since there is a limit to this solution im suggesting) You could allow for mutiple loadoats to be edited/swapped at the same time.
    So when you are switching mods into a loadout you would actually see mutiple loadouts on one screen in order to more correctly and faster make judgements rather then going back to previous screens and in and out all the time.
    Now this has a limit because, what if you have a **** load of fast mods and a **** load of loadouts...
    Maybe someone can think of a better way to compare moad loadouts and current mods. Because it is still kinda horrible.. But hey we got something atleast so im happy (sort of)
    Though I still think this update is like 2 years late.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    *golf clap*
  • *golf clap*

I prefer the queens clap. Very regal.
  • *golf clap*

Or the sound of one hand clapping.

• Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Oooook, so the g12+ wasn't enough, right? Did whales farm it faster than you thought? Did you have to add all this pain to mods? And guess what?! They even come with useful mod building packs in the store! How unpredictable!

I have just one question, which I keep asking since I joined this forum:

Why does it look like you're doing all you can do to widen the gap between pay to win people and f2ps?

Did you get mass threats of whales threatening you to stop spending? Or did you make a deal with the major spenders to give them the content they want in exchange for regular flows of money? My question is sincere, I would really like to get an answer. I used to love this game, the brain use it required and the challenges it gave, now the only challenge is becoming the one against out wallets and the only brain use is becoming figuring out what to spend on. What happened? What is all this pressure? Did you find out that spending people can't manage to win even by spending? Because that's a constant of p2w games: spending players spend exactly because they have not enough patience, brains and/or gaming skills to get to the top without using their wallets and because they often lose even with several hundreds in the game. Are you safeguarding that chunk of players by giving them sure victory when they spend?

All this seriously worries me. I sense a mass quit in the force.
  • *golf clap*

Or the sound of one hand clapping.

I can do that. Basically strike my finger tips to my palm, but it can be done.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    the new store is nice =)
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Excellent QoL update! I was able to quickly find 3 candidates for slicing with filtering, absolute best update regarding mods ever. Still will have to deal with RNG of which stat upgrades on slicing, but all the rest of it is well received.

Edit: For one hand clapping see Bart Simpson.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that upgrading mods is TOTALLY different now??

You used to automatically get the secondaries that were there to upgrade first, then have the rest of the secondaries added after - now the missing secondaries add FIRST, and THEN ALL THE SECONDARIES have a chance to upgrade from there.

Meaning, if you start off with a mod with only a speed secondary stat, you upgrade it until the remaining three secondaries appear, then hope that the original speed secondary gets selected randomly out of the four secondaries to be improved. Yikes, and yuck.

Welcome to the new, more brutal and expensive slog to earn those precious speed secondaries, friends.

[ edit - so yeah, it says as much in the original post which I hadn't read yet. I just went ahead and surprised myself. Sigh. Still don't like it. Having to slice is just another level of expense and effort for us to have to go through. Ug. ]

Okay, so after a few days I have to say that this isn't really all that terrible - it falls out to be more or less the same in the end. Maybe even a little better, if you get a high tier mod.

But I just downloaded the newest update from the Google Play store, and while the mod search filters are just the best thing ever - mod slicing is looking to be just what I feared - a new resource sink.

Maybe it won't be as bad as I'm thinking, but the drop rate for mod salvage had better be more generous than it is for this special event, or this will be most definitely a new divide between F2P and the whales, and a painful one.

That's not a terrible thing, but it's likely going to change the landscape of the game significantly.

In the furtherance of me talking to myself as I learn all of this along with everyone else - I'm happy to see that the drop rates for the new level of mod battles seem to have a much more generous drop rate than the 'event' did.

They were, however, VERY wise to create a new energy source for mods - farming all this with cantina energy AND trying to farm characters too would have caused ... an outcry. There, that was diplomatic, right?

• Ugh...C A S H G R A B
    goodbye swgoh. EA games never again!
  • Has anyone else had a problem with mod upgrading for speed secondaries? I haven't seen anything that explains it but none of my 5dot blue-gold mods with speed secondaries are changing at all when upgrading now. I have reached out to them but only get the "we're sorry, sounds like a big problem for you. would you like 300 gems?" response. Every mod i've tried upgrading for the last week+ has been that way.
  • While the mod recommendations might not be that great, I am otherwise happy with these changes and I'm so, so pleased that I don't have to re-farm all my five dot mods with six dot ones! I much prefer this slicing method. Well done to CG for this one! :)