Content Update 8/29/2018 - Second Round of Mod Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Personally i don't mind the credits not being there, it's not as if it can cap out, ship energy needs to be there too though
  • Hello,

Thanks a lot for this update, this is so exciting !

I would however talk about something that I have seen bothering some players already.

In the French version, 'Slice' has been translated to 'Séparer', which means Split or Separate as you may guess. I think this is going to cause confusions. Right now many players I have talked to believe at first that it is something like destroying a module to get materials. It is not intuitive.

'Améliorer' would be a fine word, but is already used to translate 'Upgrade' which is correct.
    Maybe a better term could be used : 'Augmenter', ''Promouvoir', 'Parfaire', 'Façonner', 'Forger', etc.
  • Saneth wrote: »
    Hello,

I would however talk about something that I have seen bothering some players already.

In the French version, 'Slice' has been translated to 'Séparer', which means Split or Separate as you may guess. I think this is going to cause confusions. Right now many players I have talked to believe at first that it is something like destroying a module to get materials. It is not intuitive.

'Améliorer' would be a fine word, but is already used to translate 'Upgrade' which is correct.
    Maybe a better term could be used : 'Augmenter', ''Promouvoir', 'Parfaire', 'Façonner', 'Forger', etc.

It's not just French, it doesn't make any sense in English either. Slicing means cutting or separating into multiple parts, none of which resembles what we're doing to our mods, which is upgrading them.

Forging, reforging, retooling, retuning, upgrading, enhancing, enriching... All of these would be better choices than "slicing".
  • so, the last part is going live today. I can't wait to spend mod energy (I thought that this morning I could update again, here in Italy it's 12 am :wink: ), but I don't understand how to get slice parts...
    Do or don't there is no try
  • so, the last part is going live today. I can't wait to spend mod energy (I thought that this morning I could update again, here in Italy it's 12 am :wink: ), but I don't understand how to get slice parts...

mod battles are getting a new tier, supposedly. So you do the new mod battles with the new energy and get slicing mats.
  • zorglub
    56 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi,
    first a big thanks to CG for that update, been waiting for it a long time :-) mod management got much better now

However I have a few gripes with the system, or at least a suggestion for a much needed improvement.

Loadouts are awesome, but my biggest problem is that when I swap a loadout on a character, the previous mods are removed and put in the "unassigned" section.

This slowly turns my mod assignments into a big swiss cheese, and I have to go manually fix all the gaps which is extremely annoying.

It would be REALLY REALLY NICE and helpful to at least be given the option, when we get the confirmation screen, to either swap or store the mods, because I can see this becoming a nightmare very quickly without that feature.

Another thing that would be nice is to be able to sort mods by level. When I get new mods, and I want to give them an upgrade, I have to scroll all the way down my mod collection, and I have to repeat the operation for every single mod I want to level up, which is rather tedious

finally it seems you can't slice a mod that is not assigned to a character, or included in a loadout. I may be wrong, but I just couldn't find a way to do this. Would be nice if we could slice mods straight out of our collection
  • zorglub wrote: »
    Hi,
    finally it seems you can't slice a mod that is not assigned to a character, or included in a loadout. I may be wrong, but I just couldn't find a way to do this. Would be nice if we could slice mods straight out of our collection

Looks like that is WAI. Only 5* mods can be modded it seems, so all of us who saved 1*/2*/3* mods with potential wasted our time. Time to sell everything except Non-Grey 5*'s and hope for the best.

• Saneth wrote: »

It's not just French, it doesn't make any sense in English either. Slicing means cutting or separating into multiple parts, none of which resembles what we're doing to our mods, which is upgrading them.

It's lore-related. "Slicing" is SW word for "hacking". They don't have hackers in galaxy far away, only slicers)) Wookiepedia says, it first appeared in '91 Zahn's "Heir to the Empire", so it's kinda canonical by now, I s'pose.
  • Why’s does my game say it’s up to date but i don’t have the capability to splice mods?!!!!
  • Wait... So we get slicing shards in a new mod tier... Is that tier also going to drop 6dot mods?
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Wait... So we get slicing shards in a new mod tier... Is that tier also going to drop 6dot mods?

I highly doubt 6 dot mods are ever going to "drop" anywhere. Reason being: when you slice a mod to 6 pip they said it becomes a 6pip grade E mod (so grey)

Those sliced mods will have extremely variable values for their secondaries, ranging from 3 to 30 speed, or from 400 to 3800 protection

If you want such mods to be available as drops I think they would have to re-implement entirely the way they generate those mods compared to how they generate 1-5 dot mods. And I highly doubt they would be inclined to do so.

Imho, the only way to get 6 pip mods will be through slicing. They might later introduce the possibility to further slice 6 pip mods all the way to 7 pip, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Saneth wrote: »
    Hello,

Forging, reforging, retooling, retuning, upgrading, enhancing, enriching... All of these would be better choices than "slicing".

Apoplectic means to have a stroke, but we use it to say you're mad.
    Nonplussed means to be so confused and bewildered that you're upset, but we use it to say you have no reaction or are unimpressed.
    Decimate means to lose 10% of your strength, but we use it to say you've been completely destroyed.
    Terrific means something inspires terror, but we use it to say we like something.

So why can't slicing mean breaking into a tech thing and altering it?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • zorglub wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Wait... So we get slicing shards in a new mod tier... Is that tier also going to drop 6dot mods?

I highly doubt 6 dot mods are ever going to "drop" anywhere. Reason being: when you slice a mod to 6 pip they said it becomes a 6pip grade E mod (so grey)

Those sliced mods will have extremely variable values for their secondaries, ranging from 3 to 30 speed, or from 400 to 3800 protection

If you want such mods to be available as drops I think they would have to re-implement entirely the way they generate those mods compared to how they generate 1-5 dot mods. And I highly doubt they would be inclined to do so.

Imho, the only way to get 6 pip mods will be through slicing. They might later introduce the possibility to further slice 6 pip mods all the way to 7 pip, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Actually, if you check out health crosses, they've already set the amount of mats needed to slice all the way from mk6-e to mk6-a. Or at least, that's what I am assuming those costs are for, because they aren't for mk5 mods...
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Hello,

Nonplussed means to be so confused and bewildered that you're upset, but we use it to say you have no reaction or are unimpressed.
    Decimate means to lose 10% of your strength, but we use it to say you've been completely destroyed.
    Terrific means something inspires terror, but we use it to say we like something.

Of course it can, and if it means "hacking" according to the lore, that's fine, but it's a pretty obscure reference and I expect it will continue to confuse other players.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Hello,

Of course it can, and if it means "hacking" according to the lore, that's fine, but it's a pretty obscure reference and I expect it will continue to confuse other players.

Maybe get confused by real stuff?

TBH this confuses me as you made no sense whatsoever. Thanks for chipping in though.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    “Splice” would have been a good choice!
  • Slice is a perfectly serviceable, lore-related choice. People will complain about anything these days.
  • Slice is a perfectly serviceable, lore-related choice. People will complain about anything these days.

It's fine! I take it back! I didn't know the lore, I'm old school, I grew up with Mark Hamill, I haven't studied every facet of the Expanded Universe!

I'm not complaining, I now LOVE the term slicing, and everything about it. I approve 100% and hereby submit my application to the Mod Slicing Appreciation Society.

Hopefully, that settles the misunderstanding once and for all.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Hawkecr wrote: »
    zorglub wrote: »
    Hi,

Looks like that is WAI. Only 5* mods can be modded it seems, so all of us who saved 1*/2*/3* mods with potential wasted our time. Time to sell everything except Non-Grey 5*'s and hope for the best.

Some how you missed this....
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/178037/a-very-brief-overview-of-upcoming-mod-changes#latest
  • Im **** !! Why would you put the energy if its unusable....
    I just wasted all my cantina energy because when I saw the mod eergy I told myself sweet I can do mod now without stopping my cantina farm s I went in and the visual of the level had changed... so I did it all... to realise I had just wasted all my cantina energy in mods when I dont want to use it there....

That was quite a bad and useless move...

And what did I get for all this... crap as usual...
    Do you realise that the youtubers I listen to say dont use energy in mods its useless... just buy them from the mod store... its less wasteful...
  • Yeah, agreed I kind of posted a rant about this earlier in the mega thread. I would have made the same mistake if I hadn’t noticed it and looked for nodes that use that type of energy. Sure maybe it gives us a slight advantage by being able to stock up on energy refreshes. But absolutely useless if you ask me. Why would you release something completely unusable. On top of that, slicing is complete garbage, I was excited at first until I saw the cost of materials and there quite literally being no way to get them. They also stated that they’d be available in the guild events store upon next refresh which isn’t true, not to mention nobody has any extra guild events tokens... AND they canceled the TB that was going to happen because of the update. Nice work early releasing something that doesn’t work EA.

That being said I will say I absolutely love the interface, the recommendations are total trash but what game ever gives good recommendations toward progressing a character. I’m more happy that I have mod load outs and can swap mods between characters easily now.
  • I do hope that the influx of such a valuable resource in the Guild Events store will bump up the GETs from events so we can still continue as we've done but have some to look at slicing materials.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA who am I kidding, this is EA!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Its a big update and releasing it slowly prevents shutting down the entire game for long periods of time. They wont increase GET tokens but next months calendar increases events!
  • They’re testing these things already, I understand releasing slowly but why release things with absolutely no use whatsoever. It’s relatively simple code structure to swap cantina energy with “new energy” even if they’re not giving us the intended rewards, it prevents confusion.
  • Well done on the mod UI improvements, this is one of the best, most functional updates that's come to the game in a long time.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Sanaias wrote: »
    They’re testing these things already, I understand releasing slowly but why release things with absolutely no use whatsoever. It’s relatively simple code structure to swap cantina energy with “new energy” even if they’re not giving us the intended rewards, it prevents confusion.

It’s giving us the chance to stock up on that energy with refreshes right now. Its also preventing people from spending the new energy before the table change occurs. Many people will very likely spend new energy on old table only to find they earned zero slice mats.
  • Salsc
    73 posts Member
    Greetings,

Liking the new mod management system so far...thank you.

One suggestion: it would be very nice to be able to filter on lvl 15 mods.

Regards,
    Salsc
  • Why aren’t Traya, Nihlus, Sion and the Sith trooper and Assassin tagged Old Republic? Please fix that.
  • Yes lol, and the mod recommendation system is bugged as hell. Or it just relies on the terrible AI this game has. +135 speed modsets and the game suggests to mount +5 speed white health mods. And I obviously can't use mod energy already, even if I updated and I'm on android. It just sits there with no use at all. Did you hire a strategy master to implement energy first and then the section where it's used?