Game Update 8/30/2018 - Mods 2.0 [MEGA]

Prev134567
Pyrefly
1254 posts Member
edited August 2018
<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>

CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

Today we are launching our third and final major set of changes to mods. We’ve saved some of most exciting changes for last with Mod Energy, Slicing and Rarity 6 Mods rolling out in this update!

Mod energy is available to be used in Mod Battles or Mod Challenges, so you can now save your Cantina energy for farming characters and still earn mods daily. Veteran players can start slicing their top mods up rarity 6 and create even more powerful mods. We have also introduced Weekly Shipments, a new store with a once a week selection of high value items. Finally a place to spend those Ally Points!

Looking for the first or second round of Mod Update notes? You can find all the latest Mod news HERE!

Features:
  • Mod Energy: Mod Battles and Mod Challenges now have a different energy from Cantina Energy. The purpose of this change is to allow players to do Mod Battles and Mod Challenges more frequently without sacrificing progress in Cantina Battles. Cantina Tokens will be removed as rewards for Mod Battles and Mod Challenges at launch since players will be able to get the same amount of Cantina Tokens using their Cantina Energy in Cantina Battles.
  • Daily Mod Energy: Free Mod energy can be collected once a day from Daily Activities

Depth: These features are meant for players that would like to continue to make their mods stronger. When designing these features we focused deeply on respecting the investment that current players have already put into their mods.
  • Mod Slicing (upgrading Tier): We’re introducing a new feature, Slicing, that allows players to increase a mod’s tier. Similar to crafting gear, Slicing requires new pieces of salvage that can be acquired through Mod Battles. Once the salvage has been acquired, players then elect to slice the mod which will improve the mod’s Tier, increasing a random secondary stat and changing to the next color. This can be repeated until the mod is at a max tier of 5A (gold) which will have roughly similar stats to a natural 5A, but obviously at a different cost. For example, you can now take a rarity 5E mod (grey) and increase its stats by slicing it four times to a max tier of 5A (gold).
  • Mod Salvage/Recipes: Slicing a mod will require Mod Salvage ingredients. The ingredients required will change depending on the Tier of the mod.
  • Slicing to 6E: The primary reason we introduced Slicing was to find a way to introduce rarity 6 mods while respecting current mod investment. Rarity 6 mods will be acquired through slicing from Rarity 5, Tier A to Rarity 6, Tier E. This process increases all the existing stats on the mod. 6-E will be the highest that a mod can be sliced at this time. Rarity 6 Mods can only be equipped to characters with Gear Level 12, respecting the investment made in these characters. See the Balance section for more details.
  • Mod Battles Stage 9: A new stage has been added to Mod Battles where most of the ingredients needed for Slicing Mods can be acquired. An additional ingredient, Mk 2 Pulse Modulator, that is used to bring mods from Rarity 5 to Rarity 6, can be found in Guild Shipments.
  • Mod Badging: Badges to guide players to the Mods can can be sliced and assigned
  • Mod GP Values: Rarity 5 mods have been updated to incorporate Tier into the Galactic Power formula. This will result in a slight increase in GP for all players that have rarity 5 mods equipped.

Balance: Create more diversity in the mod meta by elevating some of the sets and secondary stats that are currently under-utilized. Secondary Stat changes are exclusive to rarity 6 mods.
  • Rarity 6 Mods with Secondary Stat Balance: To make every secondary stat earned provide value, the ranges of secondary stats at rarity 6 have been increased for previously low value stats like Defense. When a mod is sliced from Rarity 5, Tier A to Rarity 6, Tier E, secondary stats will increase to the new ranges based on the values at the Rarity 5 ranges. So for example if a rarity 5 mod was the highest value in its range then at rarity 6 it will be the highest value of that range and similarly a rarity 5 mod with a low value will still increase but be low in the range for rarity 6. This allows us to improve some of the lower value secondary stats while continuing to respect the investment of previous values. No secondaries will decrease.

Other Features:
  • Weekly Shipment: A new shipment has been added for level 85 players. This shipment sells high value items that only refresh once a week. No refresh button is available.
  • Mod Quests: A variety of new Mod quests related to unlocking Mod Battles and Slicing Mods have been added
  • Mod Daily Activities: A new daily activity to do 3 battles that cost Mod Energy has been added. Also the “Level a Mod” Daily activity that appears for level 50-60 players has been removed.
  • Increased Hard Node Attempts: Hard Nodes attempts have been increased from 5 to 8

Fixes:
  • Fixed issue with Recommendation system referencing an incorrect file in Mod Set Recommendations

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    <reserved>
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Well this the weekly shipment is a very welcome surprise I must say. Let’s see how good the items are and what the cost of ally points will be.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Weekly Shipment you say? Tell me more.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    We're mod auto assign fix though? It was a big issue for some and I don't see the fix mentioned.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »

Yes, yes....tell us more
    c7wft4irq7io.gif
  • Hmmm weekly shipments. What currency will be spent there ?
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Hmmm weekly shipments. What currency will be spent there ?

Ally points.

Also @CG_SBCrumb thanks for giving us a heads up that you were planning something with ally tokens. Jerks.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Its not in the patch notes, but the Hard Nodes have been increased back to 8 attempts!!!!!

Also, Vinny - It uses Crystals, Credits, and Bronziums

For Example on mine,

1.4 Million Credits - 20 MK3 Stun Cuffs or MK 3 Carbanti
    1 Million Credits - 5 Visas Shards
    1500 Crystals - 25 Reinforcement Abilities
    50,000 Ally Points - 2 Omegas
  • StarSon wrote: »

Ally points.

Also @CG_SBCrumb thanks for giving us a heads up that you were planning something with ally tokens. Jerks.

Ty. I wonder if they will put that bonus ap backnin spots that they removed from tourney days.

Ally points.

They did mention they were working on something for Ally points a few months ago.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Ally points.

They did mention they were working on something for Ally points a few months ago.

No they didn't. They said in an interview that "if we ever did anything we would probably just make a more expensive bronzium." Not even kind of the same thing as "we are currently working on a way for you to use these mostly useless things, so start saving."
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2018

Ally points.

No they didn't. They said in an interview that "if we ever did anything we would probably just make a more expensive bronzium." Not even kind of the same thing as "we are currently working on a way for you to use these mostly useless things, so start saving."

Well apparently you don't need to worry. The weekly shipment only has 1 item for ally points and it is 2 Omega for 50k Ally points.

The rest in my weekly shop is 20 Stun Cuffs and 20 Mk3 Carabanti for 1.4M credits each and 5 Visa Marr shards for 1M credits. Everything else is Crystals only.
  • Curse you EA!

While I look forward to this update, forcing the update without choice without specific time warning really messes things up. I'm not home, I'm not on WIFI, I won't be for several hours. What that means is I am now out bonus energy which is REALLY needed right now with the Vet farm nastiness you forced on us.
    I'm fine jumping on mobile data for a minute to grab the energy and be done, but every update locks us out of the game until the update is done. There is no way I am going to use enough data to download a new client and update the game. The attitude EA seems to have that life must revolve around game, instead of game around life, is sickening.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

Ally points.

Well apparently you don't need to worry. The weekly shipment only has 1 item for ally points and it is 2 Omega for 50k Ally points.

Yeah, was just talking about this in a discord. Thanks :)

I do feel better about it now. Jerks statement retracted.
  • 50,000 points in a week? How many do we normally get in a day?
  • pqcg66w6ms5p.png

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat umm the new shipment for weekly items is broken. You have a single Data pad salvage at 3000 crystals...
    And there’s only 1 slot for ally points. 50k for just two omegas. And a million credits for just 5 visas shards. And the majority of this store is crystals and offers from daily shipments. What gives.

Ally points.

Yeah, was just talking about this in a discord. Thanks :)

I do feel better about it now. Jerks statement retracted.

I would rather spend those 50k points on Bronzium. You get a lot more for your Ally points there even if it is just shard store tokens.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    50,000 points in a week? How many do we normally get in a day?

You can easily get 3k Ally Points a day. This move was made to help players that had stockpiled the currency and wanted to be able to buy something with it. Regular players can now save up for 2 omega or spend it regularly while those that have stockpiles can slowly use it once a week.

Ally points.

The devs did mention it some times ago, but in one of their interviews on youtube... I was thinking it would be bad because they said if all ppl spent their million saved ally points it would be bad for the game, but I have around 100k and they save up so quickly atm...

• Hmmm weekly shipments. What currency will be spent there ?

It’s mostly sky high crystal prices...one spot for ally points for just 2 omegas. And the store is broken any way. 3000 crystals for a single data pack salvage. Thumbs down
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Weekly Shipments will refresh once a week with some pretty good stuff. Some things for credits, crystals but more importantly Ally Points. Right now you can get 2 Omegas if you have a bunch of Ally Points stashed. The contents of the store might not change week to week when it refreshes but we are planning to change it around regularly. The ultimate goal is to have stuff in the store that's relevant to what's happening in the game each week but for now the inventory is going to rotate every couple weeks
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Weekly Shipments will refresh once a week with some pretty good stuff. Some things for credits, crystals but more importantly Ally Points. Right now you can get 2 Omegas if you have a bunch of Ally Points stashed. The contents of the store might not change week to week when it refreshes but we are planning to change it around regularly. The ultimate goal is to have stuff in the store that's relevant to what's happening in the game each week but for now the inventory is going to rotate every couple weeks

You do know some slots are broken right?
    v9xb0r7jmyse.png
  • HK22
    644 posts Member

Sounds good. Just so you know the Hard Node being able to be done 8 times a day didn't appear in the patch notes, but did appear in game and is working.
  • Jupitus
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Why wasnt there an announcement that you would increase the hardnode cap? I checked todays update it didnt say anything.......
    10 mins after all my dailies and 3 energy refreshes..You do the update and increase the cap. But now I got no energy or refresh......... had you announced it, I would have waited the 30 mins for the update................ thats a 150 crystals out the window = money
    This is no the way to treat people, especially since I have been pay to play last 2 months... which is coming to an end.
  • Thankyou for the hard node increase!!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

Ally points.

Actually, what Carrie said in <<this interview from almost 5 months ago>>, was: "...so I think the more likely thing is we're going to come up with some additional offers that are for some slightly better items that have a slightly better conversion ratio so we can kind of provide something that people want but not necessarily so many items that you can buy when you have like a million, two million points." (Starts at the 12:19 mark in the video.)

Many people have been saving ally points since then.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Sounds good. Just so you know the Hard Node being able to be done 8 times a day didn't appear in the patch notes, but did appear in game and is working.
    Added to the patch notes and the discussion thread. Also added the fix for the Recommendation system that was showing wrong suggestions. Thanks for the heads up.

• Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    5dtxitzbc4fx.png

1. Patch Notes are hard right?
    2. We didn't ask for this.... we asked for a 10x or multi button. STOP.... IGNORING.... YOUR.... COMMUNITY. If you were actually ON the forums you'd know that people ask for a multi button.
    3. This is a huge disadvantage to people who have been spending their ally points for "mostly" useless things.
    4. Any change like this should not be usable for people who've banked up ally points. That's just asking for complaints.
    5. The last time you all even mentioned this (on the forums, you know that actual place you're supposed to communicate with us) was the laughable moment you said you didn't have the tech to do multiple pulls (even though it's sitting RIGHT NEXT TO OTHER CARDS WITH MULTI PULLS).

So... yeah...
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Why is auto assign mod replacing a 5 dot crit square with a 1 dot potency square????
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

You do know some slots are broken right?
    v9xb0r7jmyse.png

No, that's a g12+ datapad, not the old g12 datapad. Not broken, supposed to be super expensive.