Game Update 8/30/2018 - Mods 2.0 [MEGA]

Replies

• Drop rates on salvage are solid and refreshes are just 50 ... this is not bad at all. We'll be able to progress decently over time I feel on slicing and taking to 6*; this seems fair. The G12+ pieces and prestige are so $$$$$...but just skip it if it's not your appetite. The 6* material is in the guild store, so farmable. The mod filtering system is sweet. Not to try to poke a ray of sunshine through all the rage posts, but I think this is a very good overall update. Omegas are super rare...getting some free with ally points is a win; those things are worth 200 crystals on a refresh. Move on hard nodes back to 8. All good stuff!
  • Naraic wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb we have previously been told that slicing materials would be a reward for tier 6 sith raid and hsr. Is this still happening and when will the update be?
    Yep, still happening. We will be rolling out the reward changes to STR along side the mechanic changes that were discussed previously. Now that all the big changes to mods are out of the way we can put more energy towards finishing the STR adjustments
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Did anyone ask for weekly shipments, for more ways to spend crystal or the very little credits we get? We can't even see credits on the main screen anymore. Ally points finally get another outsource yet its so expensive for so little. 50k spent on the packs could net you thousands of shard shop currency or unlock a new character or give you shards towards characters like Old Daka or Boba, or just 2 omega's.

And mod slicing, could have just added the mat drops to mod challenge battles but that's just me, apparently you wanted to implement them in a weird way where we farm one type at a time. And then of course lock six star dots behind large paywalls.

This could have all been done so much better and be better for all the people playing.... Also could have been done better for f2p. Again I realise that these forums exist really for a place for us to rant in a confined place, so we don't spread out over the internet and complain, and that this game exists and acts the way it does cause EA and star wars.
  • Galaxy of grind
  • Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Hmmm weekly shipments. What currency will be spent there ?

Ally points.

Also @CG_SBCrumb thanks for giving us a heads up that you were planning something with ally tokens. Jerks.

Actually, they very specifically said they were working on alterative ways to spend Ally points, but that it wasn't a top priority yet something they were looking for the right way to do.
  • Does mod tier affecting GP mean that it also now affect ship stats?
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Galaxy of grind

Thank goodness. If there wasn't anything to work towards there just wouldn't be anything to do. Games like this are all grinds.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    Weekly Shipment you say? Tell me more.
    Weekly Shipments will refresh once a week with some pretty good stuff. Some things for credits, crystals but more importantly Ally Points. Right now you can get 2 Omegas if you have a bunch of Ally Points stashed. The contents of the store might not change week to week when it refreshes but we are planning to change it around regularly. The ultimate goal is to have stuff in the store that's relevant to what's happening in the game each week but for now the inventory is going to rotate every couple weeks
    You mean a way to get whales to spend money since you just revealed the holy grail of your greed through pack probabilities.

• Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Did anyone ask for weekly shipments, for more ways to spend crystal or the very little credits we get? We can't even see credits on the main screen anymore. Ally points finally get another outsource yet its so expensive for so little. 50k spent on the packs could net you thousands of shard shop currency or unlock a new character or give you shards towards characters like Old Daka or Boba, or just 2 omega's.

And mod slicing, could have just added the mat drops to mod challenge battles but that's just me, apparently you wanted to implement them in a weird way where we farm one type at a time. And then of course lock six star dots behind large paywalls.

This could have all been done so much better and be better for all the people playing.... Also could have been done better for f2p. Again I realise that these forums exist really for a place for us to rant in a confined place, so we don't spread out over the internet and complain, and that this game exists and acts the way it does cause EA and star wars.

That shop has 25 Bastilla shards for 2000 crystals. Considering that she may be needed at 7* for a Legendary down the line, I was hoping for a faster way to farm her so I suppose I fit that bill. An extra 2 omegas per week that we didn't have before is nice. 6 dot mods don't require paywall, just more time which is part of this game. There is a little something for everyone in this update. Also, the "I didn't ask for this" argument isn't a valid one for several reasons.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Weekly Shipments will refresh once a week with some pretty good stuff. Some things for credits, crystals but more importantly Ally Points. Right now you can get 2 Omegas if you have a bunch of Ally Points stashed. The contents of the store might not change week to week when it refreshes but we are planning to change it around regularly. The ultimate goal is to have stuff in the store that's relevant to what's happening in the game each week but for now the inventory is going to rotate every couple weeks
    You mean a way to get whales to spend money since you just revealed the holy grail of your greed through pack probabilities.

Thank goodness. Spending money is what makes an economy work.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb we have previously been told that slicing materials would be a reward for tier 6 sith raid and hsr. Is this still happening and when will the update be?
    Yep, still happening. We will be rolling out the reward changes to STR along side the mechanic changes that were discussed previously. Now that all the big changes to mods are out of the way we can put more energy towards finishing the STR adjustments

How about fixing the new store thats broken for some, or even commenting on it, before getting hopes up about future content?
  • Monel wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Thank goodness. Spending money is what makes an economy work.
    Do you work in marketing? Only a professional manipulator could consider what freemium apps do to be good.

• Freakyspace
    8 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb My weekly shipment is empty?gshb1ccxcq0r.jpg
  • Once a week, refresh on Sunday?
  • I don’t understand some of these mod recommendations. I found a perfect example where I have a level 1 gray mod and a level 1 blue mod. Exact same mod set, type, and primary stat, yet the game does not recommend I make the upgrade from the gray mod to the blue mod....WHY?!? ll45evfepbad.png
  • @CG_SBCrumb

Anything on the broken store?
    By the sound of the threads that have now been moved, store will refresh in four hours, those of us that can't access it will miss out.

Anything?
  • @CG_SBCrumb My weekly shipment is empty?gshb1ccxcq0r.jpg
    We are looking into why some folks are missing their weekly shipments. I'll update everyone as soon as we have an answer.
  • Very nice update, CG. Weekly shipments is awesome (and for people whining about another way to spend resources.. duh. This game is about strategic choices. I welcome them). Extra hard node attempts is most welcome. Drop rates look good on slicing materials. Love the mod management and loadouts. Very nice work.
  • I'm liking the slicing material drop rates so far. With the 504 energy I had from initial add plus 3 refreshes yesterday I had enough mod energy to clear all of the 9 battles and farm up enough materials to slice a blue mod up to gold for my CLS (speed upgraded both times taking a +14 mod to +22) and with three more refreshes today had enough to take another blue mod up to purple (the speed didn't upgrade there though).

Personally I just wish that the 6* slicing materials weren't just in guild store since I'm constantly low on guild currency because of gear buying. Guess I'll be avoiding gear in the guild shop for a bit until I get my arena team's mods sliced to 6*.
  • Game keeps freezing while loading the third node in the new mod battles on my galaxy s8+
  • Game keeps freezing while loading the third node in the new mod battles on my galaxy s8+

Same for me on Google Pixel. third node just spins once i've selected my squad and submitted. Rebooted phone and quit game several times now.
  • Thank you for upping the hard node attempts to 8!
  • Yesterday 11/29/18 I downloaded the update for Mods 2.0 with Mods Set Recommendations. So this morning 8/30/18 redid my Mods Sets according to the Recommendations. Later in the afternoon I downloaded the 2nd update for Mods 2.0 and discovered that all the Mod Set Recommendations were changed. So all the work I did in the morning was for nothing .... Spent Millions of Credits to move the Mods Around just to find out I need to do it all over and with no Credits now ...... Anyone else have this issue
  • IrulanHarkonnen
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Edit. (Problem solved).
    Post edited by IrulanHarkonnen on
  • I think this is a bug.owbm75z3k9sy.jpg
  • CrashandBurn
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    How is this possible? Everything complete but can’t collect? Edit - it’s a bug no collection available for mod battles - it’s missing
    d2a7p3dd2y3g.png
    Post edited by CrashandBurn on
  • @Vinny60 same here. I did at least half of my characters and today the recommendations are mostly different. Do we out in a ticket for wasted resources?
  • How is this possible? Everything complete but can’t collect? Edit - it’s a bug no collection available for mod battles - it’s missing
    d2a7p3dd2y3g.png

Same happened to me, I just unistalled and reinstalled the app. That should fix the problem...