The Mod Changes Megathread

Replies

• I love the new changes! good job CG! the new management tools completely replace swgoh.gg for me when it comes to doing mod research. well done on this new feature!
  • Vinny60
    19 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Did anyone else Have this Problem...... I got the update yesterday for Mods 2.0 saw the changes and the Mod set recommendations.... So this morning I started working on all of the Recommended sets.... Only to find in this afternoons update all the Recommended mod set changed .... I wasted Millions of credits working on it ..... I called EA and they told me there is nothing they can do to help me out.....
    Post edited by Vinny60 on
  • I posted this in another thread, but am reposting here since I think it’s the most relevant place to actually post....
    I don’t understand some of these mod recommendations. I found a perfect example where I have a level 1 gray mod and a level 1 blue mod. Exact same mod set, type, and primary stat, yet the game does not recommend I make the upgrade from the gray mod to the blue mod....WHY?!? imrbtuvgzox5.png
  • I’ve been slammed with RL and haven’t had much time to pay attention to SWGOH this month.

You’d think with a change as important as this with mods there would be glaring warnings in-game every day to upgrade existing mods. Anyway...

Taking slicing out of the equation, am I understanding correctly that now secondary stat upgrades will still happen for non-gold mods but only once a mod is leveled to 15 and the 4th secondary attribute is revealed? I have some mods with speed secondaries that I haven’t leveled. I’m ok with everything I guess as long as I would still get the upgrades at level 15 that I would have received previously in mods 1.0.
  • Everything is looking pretty good (less one big thing): New energy fantastic, load outs, cheaper upgrades, slicing and more, all great changes and satisfies a long overdue wantlist by many.

What is not good is the trade off they made on revealing stats which actually makes it harder to get speed upgrades on any mod that is not Gold. Before update for example, buy a 5dot green mod with speed and speed upgrades 100%. Blue you had 50% chance on first upgrade, and then another chance to upgrade it a 2nd time, and this was done right off the hop so if no upgrade u could just throw it away and very little credits spent.

Now? You have to upgrade a green mod with speed up to level 9, THEN you have only a 25% chance to upgrade that speed, and if not you just wasted all those credits, pretty much the same issue with blue and purple, spend a bunch of money first then have less chances to upgrade speed if there. Not happy about this at all.

The trade off is some crappy mods that do not have speed, now might be useful. You have to upgrade a mod with no speed until it shows all 4 stats and speed might show up, this is the same, the difference is before that stat would not upgrade, now, it might, or, you might waste a lot of money, again.

Anyway I guess I'm happy overall, it could have been worse, even much worse, like not giving us new dedicated energy, but I will miss buying green and blue mods with speed and having great odds of it upgrading. Speed is hard to get on a good mod within good set, good primary etc as it is, adding more RNG here bites for sure
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    This mod update is crazy. I understand nothing about mods now
  • In what universe is the new system less confusing than the previous one? I hope the new system doesn't kick in until level 70 or so, otherwise new players will throw their hands up and walk away.
  • After slicing a mod the game immediately asks if you want to sell it!!!!!!!!

Is this WAI - Basically just a way to trick people into selling what they just invested in?

Why would I want to sell a mod that I just spent a ton of resources on? $24.99 to upgrade one mod then sell it?

Who's idea was it to add the "sell this mod screen" immediately after slicing a mod. I can't see any reason for that other than to accidentally screw players out of their newly acquired sliced upgraded mod. THIS NEED TO BE HOTFIXED BEFORE PEOPLE ACCIDENTALLY SELL OFF MORE OF THEIR SLICED MODS.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    Sorry if has already been answered there were a lot of posts to go through so might have missed it, but is there some way not to include mods already assigned to a character when selling mods (to only select unassigned mods when selling)? I managed to fudge up and accidentally sold a few that were assigned to toons that needed them (went in a rampage and sold loads of grey mods and some of them were actually useful).
  • I’ve just upgraded (not spliced) about 10 mods to 15, all had speed secondary to start with and not 1 got an increase on that speed secondary . I spliced 3 mods and again no increase in speed secondary, so is that how it is now no speed increases?. I am seriously disappointed with this mod update it is far from easier to manage it is in fact way more complicated.For the new player I’m sure auto assign may help but I’m not impressed and will stick to manual as we’ve always done. It’s clear they have just found a way to monetise the mods and increase the gap between those whales and us ftp players. Not sure I want to continue with game now after having played for a looong time this may be what’s killed it for me.
  • Goose909 wrote: »
    I’ve just upgraded (not spliced) about 10 mods to 15, all had speed secondary to start with and not 1 got an increase on that speed secondary . I spliced 3 mods and again no increase in speed secondary, so is that how it is now no speed increases?. I am seriously disappointed with this mod update it is far from easier to manage it is in fact way more complicated.For the new player I’m sure auto assign may help but I’m not impressed and will stick to manual as we’ve always done. It’s clear they have just found a way to monetise the mods and increase the gap between those whales and us ftp players. Not sure I want to continue with game now after having played for a looong time this may be what’s killed it for me.

For the sake of god if you're a new player do not use the auto assign. It does not work for now and nobody knows if it will ever do.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Goose909 wrote: »
    I’ve just upgraded (not spliced) about 10 mods to 15, all had speed secondary to start with and not 1 got an increase on that speed secondary . I spliced 3 mods and again no increase in speed secondary, so is that how it is now no speed increases?. I am seriously disappointed with this mod update it is far from easier to manage it is in fact way more complicated.For the new player I’m sure auto assign may help but I’m not impressed and will stick to manual as we’ve always done. It’s clear they have just found a way to monetise the mods and increase the gap between those whales and us ftp players. Not sure I want to continue with game now after having played for a looong time this may be what’s killed it for me.

It's just rng. I got some new mods (they only seem to hit +14 speed now tho, must be an unlucky week) but I also have been splicing the mods on my arena team up to gold. Almost every one got an increase to speed, which was the stat with most bonuses. Still works ok for me
  • It's so funny to see how much people have already spent dozens of bucks on this silly update without thinking beforehand or testing it a little bit before taking the decision to invest. We are very lucky that you are the most common type of whales and that you can barely alter the arenas even by spending. Keep up the good spending for no results, you're the most valuable resource for the game's health.
  • WesterLars
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I don’t understand the auto recommendations. I have pretty good five dot B/C mods on a character; why would the engine recommend a bad 1 dot E mod? Also, by the way, thanks for making mods even worse than they were. Now I have to get gear for them too? Oyvey. It’s such a slog to farm gear but to farm mod parts for splicing?

There’s no FUN anymore. Events are fun. Ship battles are fun. But the Sith Raid, slowly farming equipment, and never getting to develop new characters because the only way to be competitive enough to earn the crystals and tokens to get those characters is by spending all your energy on your arena team? Not FUN.

I recently got CLS - yay, right? I’ll never have the energy to develop him fully because I have to spend everything on the top team. It’s just lousy. I keep playing in hopes of recapturing the thrill of a beginner, but it’s fading. I doubt I’m the only one.
  • WesterLars wrote: »
    I don’t understand the auto recommendations. I have pretty good five dot B/C mods on a character; why would the engine recommend a bad 1 dot E mod? Also, by the way, thanks for making mods even worse than they were. Now I have to get gear for them too? Oyvey. It’s such a slog to farm gear but to farm mod parts for splicing? There’s no FUN anymore. Events are fun. Ship battles are fun. But the Sith Raid, slowly farming equipment, and never getting to develop new characters because the only way to be competitive enough to earn the crystals and tokens to get those characters is by spending all your energy on your arena team? Not FUN. I recently got CLS - yay, right? I’ll never have the energy to develop him fully because I have to spend everything on the top team. It’s just lousy.

Mods recommendations are not working for now. They were not an important part of the update anyway. You can be 100% sure that the parts of update where you spend money work perfectly tho.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    90% of this update was great but then they had to go and put slicing material in the guild store. As if the gear crunch wasn't bad enough now I have slicing materials competing for resources.
  • Is there a way for it to not recommend a mod? for example i modded GMY and then when i went to mod ezra, it pretty much recommended all GMY mods, if we could lock the mods so it doesn't recommend these then that would be great?
  • FolsomTony
    374 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    DS2K_DAVE wrote: »
    Is there a way for it to not recommend a mod? for example i modded GMY and then when i went to mod ezra, it pretty much recommended all GMY mods, if we could lock the mods so it doesn't recommend these then that would be great?

I found the option to find only unassigned mods. Maybe try that.ilieox2xgr5m.png
  • I'm putting my doubts aside, and using recommended changes. Fingers crossed.
  • I'm putting my doubts aside, and using recommended changes. Fingers crossed.

That's pretty brave.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    Is there a way for it to not recommend a mod? for example i modded GMY and then when i went to mod ezra, it pretty much recommended all GMY mods, if we could lock the mods so it doesn't recommend these then that would be great?

I found the option to find only unassigned mods. Maybe try that.ilieox2xgr5m.png

Thanks, i think it only works for basic mode and not advanced to auto assign etc
  • Does slicing a 5 dot to 6 dot only increase the primary? Or is a random secondary increased as well? I swear I saw a secondary speed increase by +3 when I upgraded to 6 dot
  • Donovan wrote: »
    Does slicing a 5 dot to 6 dot only increase the primary? Or is a random secondary increased as well? I swear I saw a secondary speed increase by +3 when I upgraded to 6 dot
    secondaries also

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    I'm putting my doubts aside, and using recommended changes. Fingers crossed.

That's pretty brave.

Well a Leader has to be willing to put their head in the lions mouth I guess. But yeah, seriously
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • FolsomTony wrote: »

got it to work on auto assign, the tab include assigned mods when i hit auto was assign, im very happy now, cheers
  • @CG_SBCrumb Bug alert. Simmed Crit dmg mod challenge tier 3, and got 4dot and even 3dot mods, not good should be all 5 dot mods

Also I am sure this was reported, several places in mod challenges graphically had wedge half on screen, or his shadow, this was quite comical actually was like an easter egg at times
  • Stokat wrote: »
    Sorry if has already been answered there were a lot of posts to go through so might have missed it, but is there some way not to include mods already assigned to a character when selling mods (to only select unassigned mods when selling)? I managed to fudge up and accidentally sold a few that were assigned to toons that needed them (went in a rampage and sold loads of grey mods and some of them were actually useful).

@Stokat, check out the Lock icon in this screenshot. Locking the mod should remove it from being able to be sold.

8vps1wvmb711.png
  • After slicing a mod the game immediately asks if you want to sell it!!!!!!!!

Is this WAI - Basically just a way to trick people into selling what they just invested in?

Why would I want to sell a mod that I just spent a ton of resources on? $24.99 to upgrade one mod then sell it?

Who's idea was it to add the "sell this mod screen" immediately after slicing a mod. I can't see any reason for that other than to accidentally screw players out of their newly acquired sliced upgraded mod. THIS NEED TO BE HOTFIXED BEFORE PEOPLE ACCIDENTALLY SELL OFF MORE OF THEIR SLICED MODS.

@Line_LeBobcat, were you slicing a 5 dot mod to increase it's rarity? Or were you slicing up to a 6E? Do you possibly have a full mod inventory?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb Bug alert. Simmed Crit dmg mod challenge tier 3, and got 4dot and even 3dot mods, not good should be all 5 dot mods

Not a bug. It's always been that way.
  • CG_Erik wrote: »
    After slicing a mod the game immediately asks if you want to sell it!!!!!!!!

@Line_LeBobcat, were you slicing a 5 dot mod to increase it's rarity? Or were you slicing up to a 6E? Do you possibly have a full mod inventory?

Slicing blue to purple using the basic layout.
    I changed to advanced layout so the sell mods icon doesn't appear.

Does it matter if you slice a mod when your inventory is full?

What happens if I move a whole set when I'm full on inventory?
    The game only lets me manually move 1 mod at a time when I am full so to be honest I'm scared to try to move a whole set when full because I know I have to manually sell mods to move a whole set in 1 action. I don't trust the game to do some stuff behind the scenes and make moving a whole set when full possible, especially since all this is new.