The Mod Changes Megathread

Replies

• Worst update ever it’s not easier to work on mods , it’s a total mess now and blatantly a reason for a giant cash grab £60 for some mod upgrade stuff omg we all know EA are the greediest games company out there but they just get worse. I’m blown away at how bad the greed is but of course the whales love it.
  • Instead of complaining beg them to continue to spend a lot of money !!!
    Sell your car. Take a bank credit. Buy sub primes. Sell some organe but continue to spend money !!!

Mods are waiting for you to rule the univeeeeeeeeeeeerse.

And by the way thank you
  • And if you want to pay me to play this game to save your time please contact me !!!
  • Goose909 wrote: »
    Worst update ever it’s not easier to work on mods , it’s a total mess now and blatantly a reason for a giant cash grab £60 for some mod upgrade stuff omg we all know EA are the greediest games company out there but they just get worse. I’m blown away at how bad the greed is but of course the whales love it.

Or you could buy the piece from guild shipments for a little more than it would cost to buy a stun cuff
    The other materials can be farmed for free with mod energy
    It's no different from any other new content, whales get more from it quicker but you can still do it f2p
  • EA is not greedy. People owning it are. And people agree to give them a lot of cash to have advantage on others. End of the story.
  • Slicing is so stupid I can't even find the words. Completely not needed in this game. No wonder people are quiting the game. I have to say I am considering leaving myself. CG better fix this debacle real quick.
  • Unless you have a gold mod to start, or absolutely excellent mods, you're better off using mod energy to gamble once farming mods than wasting it on slicing grey/green mods and gambling twice per mod (unlocking the mod and then slicing said mod).
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Unless you have a gold mod to start, or absolutely excellent mods, you're better off using mod energy to gamble once farming mods than wasting it on slicing grey/green mods and gambling twice per mod (unlocking the mod and then slicing said mod).

Yes. People with legacy mods are at an advantage. New upgrade system is far more random and this is really going to hurt newer players.
  • ANH
    25 posts Member
    Just one question. What is the rationale behind forcing us to sell off mods? Is it server space due to unique record count? It's a pain and waste of time. Can you eliminate the mod limit, please?

The rest of the mod 2.0 is awesome! Thanks for making this aspect of the game so much better!
  • xqio6102gh7v.png

One of theses days I'm going to accidentally hit the Auto Assign button and be ****.
  • Thank you for flooding the game with even more purchases, forcing more attention to mods, and allowing credit card warriors to run the gauntlet. So thrilled i can now watch strategy finally not play a big part as long as i got my trusty visa. I didnt think ea listened to me but they did! Who cares about people on a budget looking to spend time playing star wars. Those people are suckers. This game is for those of us who have money. Lmao. Jk. Thanks for the update. Live long and prosper
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Okay, I'm deep into 3 accts and using the systems advice. So far, so good. Few play style tweaks but nothing major. More info as a I have it.

Request for EA/CG: WILL YOU STOP MESSING WITH THINGS LOL (had to be said)

Oh, and why the bounty on Raid Han? Everything and their dog focuses on him.. Jabba mad again?
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So I've had time to mess around now, and this is an excellent update one of the best to my memory, people complaining about greed etc are misguided, you now have dedicated energy to farm mods AND upgrade them, this is WAY better than before, this will save credits buying them and cantina energy, and that is just the start; you have great filters for searching, loadouts, slicing and more. I almost fell off my chair today when I farmed only 8 times and got 2 good mods, that never happens (drop rate is usually horrendous), hey RNG, but so nice not to use cantina energy.

The only 2 negatives that I see are the max limit which many are pointing out, and that 4 dot mods and below and blue and especially green mods in general are now worth much less (that green mod with speed had 100% chance to upgrade it, now you have to spend to get mod to tier 12 just to have a 25% only, for 1 example). There was a trade off though, some blue mods that were no good before now have a chance to get and have it upgrade where before it would not.

Overall very happy with this long overdue update thank you CG team @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb Bring on the STR changes, with DN randomness fixed, some less needed challenge gear removed, and hopefully increased credits and gear piece drops game will be a pretty good place (again I recommend not lowering Sion's health P2 is fine, or lower it much less than the others), oh, and yes a legendary or 3 :smile:
  • The thought occurs... Now that players have access to how their heroes should be modded, the "Elite" just lost their edge. Now anyone with the time and creds to switch and swap mods, will be that much more difficult to beat in TW, Arena, and any form of PVP. *makes popcorn, and gets comfy*
  • The thought occurs... Now that players have access to how their heroes should be modded, the "Elite" just lost their edge. Now anyone with the time and creds to switch and swap mods, will be that much more difficult to beat in TW, Arena, and any form of PVP. *makes popcorn, and gets comfy*

Exactly what my concern is. People who didn't care didn't have a right to complain. They didn't bother to learn about mods and either had none or just threw trash around to see what stuck.

Those of us who took the time to research, farm, upgrade, pair-up, are now just the same. Slightly ahead because we already have the mods, but now anyone can just click the recommended mods and have a much better team with zero effort.

It’s not knowledge that gives the elite their edge. It’s resources.

Following recommendations won’t help someone with a +65 speed set of mods compete with the larger aquatic mammals out there.
  • CG_Erik wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »
    Sorry if has already been answered there were a lot of posts to go through so might have missed it, but is there some way not to include mods already assigned to a character when selling mods (to only select unassigned mods when selling)? I managed to fudge up and accidentally sold a few that were assigned to toons that needed them (went in a rampage and sold loads of grey mods and some of them were actually useful).

@Stokat, check out the Lock icon in this screenshot. Locking the mod should remove it from being able to be sold.

8vps1wvmb711.png

So you're suggesting we go into this screen 6 times for every single character that has mods equipped? YIKES
  • Can't sell mods that are equipped already. Lock the ones in your inventory that aren't assigned but you definitely don't want to sell. Then they don't even show up in the inventory when you click "sell".
  • There are 2 HUGE problems with mods 2.0.
    1. You can only equip 6 star mods on g12 characters, so if you don't have a bunch of g12 toons don't bother. You'll only screw yourself out of a useful mod. BTW, I don't remember that part being mentioned in any of the posts we were showed.
    2. The cost of moving mods is atrociously high. 6 star mods cost 8,000 a piece. That's 240,000 a team, if you have to move mods to do an event or raid. For mid range players trying to do Heroic Sith who don't have enough good mods to go around it will add up fast. CG needs to either give us more credits or lower the price for mod removal.
  • What is the new Max for speed secondary? We’re the odds of receiving a speed secondary upgrade lowered?
  • So apparently the maximum speed secondary is now +30? Wow, glad to see you have updated this game [SOMEHOW] into even more of an RNG-fest than it already was.

You must hate competitive gameplay and just loooove rolling the dice. I love most of the things this update did, but mods are and always have been a terrible, 100% RNG controlled grind and a massive waste of everyone’s time.
  • My only issue with Mods 2.0 is how rare those slicing mats are. You want to put Mk6 mods behind a paywall - fine by me, I'll wait, I'm not that competitive. But slicing a Mk5 mod to a higher tier should not be as rare as it is now. You only get a tiny benefit out of it anyway.

Double the drop rates on low level slicing mats or replace mod selling with mod recycling that would drop slicing mats instead of credits. Or both.
  • Anyone else notice that you can no longer click on an ally's Tier A/Gold 5-dot mods to see their stats on their character screens? It makes the sound like you're clicking on it but the pop-up with the stats doesn't appear. Can only click on Tier B-E ones, or anything less than 5-dot. Odd.

It's already on Answers and they've flagged it.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Mods are the raddest thing about SWGOH.

They really raised the bar with the update.

It's so fun now! It gives me a great sense of pride and accomplishment with each slice. I mean each CC slide.

Thank you.
  • One thing to keep in mind, the mod types are not all there is to "Modding" your hero.

Example, Raid Han Solo

Crit Damage and Crit chance. This is fine, but protection, health, speed all play a part. I think there is going to be a lot of system tweaks in the coming weeks. I purposely tried just using the mod screen and double checking it with the advanced page. Some work just fine, others need work.
  • My "advanced" mod screen is recommending removing two +15 speed Speed mods off FOO and replacing them with green and grey ones that aren't even maxed out at level 15 yet. No thanks.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Goose909 wrote: »
    Worst update ever it’s not easier to work on mods , it’s a total mess now and blatantly a reason for a giant cash grab £60 for some mod upgrade stuff omg we all know EA are the greediest games company out there but they just get worse. I’m blown away at how bad the greed is but of course the whales love it.
    How would you do it? They wanted to preserve 2+ years of mod farming instead of something like introducing a 20 energy mod challenge for 6 dots invalidating all the mods that people have farmed so far

Your options are:

1. Mod gear to slice 5 dots to 6 dots
    2. Credits to upgrade to 6 dots

both have pros and cons but with mod gear the drop rates are high and the stat increases are something you can calculate which is nice

The cash grab is fine given how much resource and time was invested in mod management 2.0 and the only mods that are locked behind paywall might be available in sith raid T6 and heroic by the end of the month so its a very very short term cash grab
  • So, from a historical standpoint, what characters were you able to use in Mod challenges again before this latest update? I think in only the health mods all characters were allowed. (You can probably guess how closely I followed this, which is not very)
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Defence - Jedi
    Critical Damage - Jawas
    Critical Chance - Scoundrels
    Offense - First Order
    Tenacity - Rebels
    Potency - Empire
    Speed - Resistance