Zombie Rework

Prev1
So we've heard diddly squat from the devs about what they have planned for re-working Zombie. I have her G12 right now, and I don't regret it.
However...if Zombie's rework makes it so that it's no longer advantageous for her to die, I'm going to be extremely ticked off. I currently have three zetas invested in a NS strategy that involves Zombie having low health and/or dying a lot. I know we're getting Daka's back, but Ventress L and Talzin unique also pertain to this strategy is well.
I still don't understand why this even needs a rework in the first place. Zombie was released a year ago, everyone is familiar with her, and no one saw this coming?
Anyways, I'm randomly feeling nervous about this, and would like to share my concerns with the devs, hence this post.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• You have her at gear XII, but need her to die a lot? That seems kind of backwards.
  • Zombie can get a rework after GG. So get in line :tongue:
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    So we've heard diddly squat from the devs about what they have planned for re-working Zombie. I have her G12 right now, and I don't regret it.
    However...if Zombie's rework makes it so that it's no longer advantageous for her to die, I'm going to be extremely ticked off. I currently have three zetas invested in a NS strategy that involves Zombie having low health and/or dying a lot. I know we're getting Daka's back, but Ventress L and Talzin unique also pertain to this strategy is well.
    I still don't understand why this even needs a rework in the first place. Zombie was released a year ago, everyone is familiar with her, and no one saw this coming?
    Anyways, I'm randomly feeling nervous about this, and would like to share my concerns with the devs, hence this post.
    Not sure what they are trying to do. It will be interesting. They want to keep the zombie mechanic of always dying but also higher gear being much better on zombie. Even if zombie is better at higher gears, Zombie will be nerfed at the end of the day. Given how they handled everyone else with regards to the Sith Raid

They ignored it until people discovered its the best team in the sith raid that is accessible to everyone. Nothing more to it.

Yeah I wish I could get both of my asajj zetas back. Only invested in it for the Sith Raid. I know its a good ability outside the raid but I don't really get much use out of it in TW
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

Sorry to hear you're feeling nervous. Please don't. :smile:

Zombie changes are still forthcoming, but we're (still) angling for a late/end of September release of the changes. The proposed changes from the design team look good (to me at least). That said, we're still doing some edge case testing and making sure that there's not something we're not thinking of.

We've got some other good stuff planned this month, so please just hang on and we'll share the proposed changes as soon as we can. Hope this helped!
  • Use your NS in P3, you don't need a refund on mats that you used and have been getting the benefits for months now.
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »

The proposed changes from the design team look good (to me at least).

This very statement makes us all even more nervous.!

I do wish you all would stop nerfing our favourite toons because of a dumb raid.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @CG_TopHat To be Honest do u guys still feel like a Ns Zombie Rework is Needed? Its a Strategy to use a Weak Zombie to Bump up Asaji and Daka..U guys need to understand the root of the Problem instead of just Nerfing/Changing Whatever the Player base come up with..

U guys said tat Asaji lead is a problem and Low Gear Zombie adds to that..But a MT lead high Gear Zombie could net more Damage possibly double of wat Asaji lead Paper Zombie do at P4..

Just leave it as it is..It was ur own team @CG_Kozispoon tat said tat Low Gear Zombie wit Acolyte is a Strategy and is WAI..I do not know wat made u all to change ur minds all of a sudden..If u think HSTR was the reason please think again..Like i said a Higher Gear Zombie is needed for P3

U have been doing some great stuffs recently with the Slicing thing and new mod management..and with the proposed new Changes to make HSTR easy and removal of Challenge Gears u have Started earning our Respect and Trust(tat u do care for us) ..Please do not Spoil ur name again with any more Stupid Nerfs(So called changes) Hope some one at @CG reads this and thinks about it
  • evoluza wrote: »
    GunsAtFour wrote: »
    CG_TopHat wrote: »

I do wish you all would stop nerfing our favourite toons because of a dumb raid.

Who can call NS there favorite characters???

*their. And they're probably my favourite on the fun to play front.
    evoluza wrote: »

Fun if you can't play the game. The most cheese faction we ever had in this game.
    A character that can't die, if other NS are alive, tm gain, tm reduction, a lot of revive...
    Pretty bad design in turn-based games

They are a fun team, and don't assume people who enjoy them can't play the game. I've never run them in arena. Quite like using them in TW, TB, and the STR though. I would enjoy using them in GW (still play mine on manual during commutes), but they are too strong for the now insanely easy GW table. And all that cheese is a key factor in guilds beating the STR.
  • Ns are Super fun to play with..i Really love them..Each Faction has its use..Say Zfinn can Steam roll any team..Similarly Ns can Revive and do their thing...i wouldn't want CG to mess up the Faction ..Just leave them as they are...Nerfing Zombie would seriously Hammper any lower level Guilds tat are trying to beat HSTR....
  • @CG_TopHat
    "We've got some other good stuff planned this month"
    Would you mind clarifying what this is ;)
  • Use your NS in P3, you don't need a refund on mats that you used and have been getting the benefits for months now.

Ventress L is pretty useless in P3.
    And I think a lot of players give her a L zeta just for P4.
    I hope zombie's rework don't reduce damage's output too muc in thi phase.
    Acolyte's rework was already a bad blow in TW

Fun if you can't play the game. The most cheese faction we ever had in this game.
    A character that can't die, if other NS are alive, tm gain, tm reduction, a lot of revive...

I agree that NS are most fun faction to play as. All the things you mentioned, tm gain/reduction, revives, etc, that's exactly what makes them interesting. They are one of the few teams that can squeeze a tiny bit of enjoyment out of the sith raid. It sounds as if you are salty because you can't beat them in the arena.
  • GunsAtFour wrote: »

Who says it's a nerf? Their intention is to make the natural progression through gear levels beneficial. Zombie is the only toon that is backwards in this regard. They just need to find a way to reverse that.

We will see whether their proposed changes are effective in doing so.
  • Greeneya33
    75 posts Member
    edited September 2018

They are my favorite characters. I love using them in game.
  • What's edge case testing?
  • What's edge case testing?

https://katyhuff.github.io/python-testing/06-edges/

It's over my head. Just taking it as checking for bugs and infinite loops.

Zombie changes are still forthcoming, but we're (still) angling for a late/end of September release of the changes. The proposed changes from the design team look good (to me at least). That said, we're still doing some edge case testing and making sure that there's not something we're not thinking of.

We've got some other good stuff planned this month, so please just hang on and we'll share the proposed changes as soon as we can. Hope this helped!

@CG_TopHat Thanks for the response! Actually feeling less nervous now :smiley:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Degs29 wrote: »

Who says it's a nerf? Their intention is to make the natural progression through gear levels beneficial. Zombie is the only toon that is backwards in this regard. They just need to find a way to reverse that.

We will see whether their proposed changes are effective in doing so.

I think from previous statements about zombie, that we should not be expecting them to remake zombie in the way you are suggesting. It doesnt sound like they are going to make gearing her up will make her more "paper".

You guys haven't exactly got the most immaculate track record on this sort of thing, so of course this makes people who invested in the nightsisters nervous.

Just do us one favor... before you decide "this is how we will do this no matter what anyone says" - tell us what you're gonna do, listen to the concerns of the players, and then finalize your fixes -- instead of the other way around.

Don’t blame us if you don’t trust/have zero faith that you’ll get it right since everything that gets released is horribly broken

I agree that NS are most fun faction to play as. All the things you mentioned, tm gain/reduction, revives, etc, that's exactly what makes them interesting. They are one of the few teams that can squeeze a tiny bit of enjoyment out of the sith raid. It sounds as if you are salty because you can't beat them in the arena.

I am not salty. My traya can beat NS for sure. I just hate NS in clone wars and even more in game. You guys think this cheesy is fun because you can't lose, because all of that stuff. Same goes for the zfinn guy above. Using this two types of teams, is a big indicator for no game understanding!
    Comping no understanding and cheese teams means enjoyment for low IQ people...

Yet I bet you've ran paper zombie in the STR.

There's no need to be insulting people's intelligence for enjoying playing a GAME in a way that they enjoy.

I am not salty. My traya can beat NS for sure. I just hate NS in clone wars and even more in game. You guys think this cheesy is fun because you can't lose, because all of that stuff. Same goes for the zfinn guy above. Using this two types of teams, is a big indicator for no game understanding!
    Comping no understanding and cheese teams means enjoyment for low IQ people...

Yet I bet you've ran paper zombie in the STR to get you that Traya.

There's no need to insult or make assumptions of people's intelligence for playing a GAME in a way that they enjoy.
  • Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    What's edge case testing?

Edge case just means cases that need to modify the basic algorithm to take into account uncommon but still related scenarios. Think of it like when you paint a wall (which I think is where we software devs got this term from), the basic case is just put the roller on the wall and go up and down with a slight overlap. When you get to the edge though you're still putting paint on the wall, but you're movements change and overlapping changes especially if the color on the other side of that edge is different.

It basically means they have the rework figured out, but they are making sure it is properly balanced as far as they can tell.
  • Zmobie wrote: »
    What's edge case testing?

Edge case just means cases that need to modify the basic algorithm to take into account uncommon but still related scenarios. Think of it like when you paint a wall (which I think is where we software devs got this term from), the basic case is just put the roller on the wall and go up and down with a slight overlap. When you get to the edge though you're still putting paint on the wall, but you're movements change and overlapping changes especially if the color on the other side of that edge is different.

It basically means they have the rework figured out, but they are making sure it is properly balanced as far as they can tell.

This is the explanation we need. Top work sir.