Basic Mod suggestion issue

When one uses the basic mod suggestion, one should be able to see what the stat changes are before spending credits.

Replies

• Also, there should be a requirements listing IN THE GAME. I just wasted 1500 crystals purchasing things slicing gear for a MOD and found out I can't upgrade it to 6 dots. When I complained I got the old "it was announced, sorry you missed it" b. S.
  • Also, there should be a requirements listing IN THE GAME. I just wasted 1500 crystals purchasing things slicing gear for a MOD and found out I can't upgrade it to 6 dots. When I complained I got the old "it was announced, sorry you missed it" b. S.

You probably have a bunch of mods that could be upgraded in the mean time. I'd like to know how the basic mod suggestions are in general.
  • When one uses the basic mod suggestion, one should be able to see what the stat changes are before spending credits.

That would not be very useful, since the game will often suggest a level 1 mod over a level 15 mod. It is a really simple check and only looks at mod sets, not even a little at secondaries. For anyone that is just completely lost about mods, that may be fine, but if you know even a little bit, you know that secondaries are *way* more important than set bonuses.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    When one uses the basic mod suggestion, one should be able to see what the stat changes are before spending credits.

That would not be very useful, since the game will often suggest a level 1 mod over a level 15 mod. It is a really simple check and only looks at mod sets, not even a little at secondaries. For anyone that is just completely lost about mods, that may be fine, but if you know even a little bit, you know that secondaries are *way* more important than set bonuses.

Which is why seeing what those changes are to the stats is so important in the basic. I'd like to see how those mod suggestions are changing the stats, so I can gauge how reliable they are without spending massive amounts of credits.

Which is why seeing what those changes are to the stats is so important in the basic. I'd like to see how those mod suggestions are changing the stats, so I can gauge how reliable they are without spending massive amounts of credits.

Sure, but you have no way of knowing the actual changes, because you won't be equipping a level 1 mod over any level 15 mod. It might be a small flaw in the system, but the only way around it would be to only suggest level 15 mods.
    StarSon wrote: »

Sure, but you have no way of knowing the actual changes, because you won't be equipping a level 1 mod over any level 15 mod. It might be a small flaw in the system, but the only way around it would be to only suggest level 15 mods.

I get the level 1 vs level 15 for mods, but it has little to do with seeing what the changes to the stats before equipping them on a character, outside of the fact that the lvl 15 mods have a better boost that lvl 1. All I'm asking for is a preview like in the advanced, so I don't have to drop 50K in credits to see what the effect of game suggested mods has.
    StarSon wrote: »

I get the level 1 vs level 15 for mods, but it has little to do with seeing what the changes to the stats before equipping them on a character, outside of the fact that the lvl 15 mods have a better boost that lvl 1. All I'm asking for is a preview like in the advanced, so I don't have to drop 50K in credits to see what the effect of game suggested mods has.

I get what you're asking, but it's pointless to see the changes brought by using a level 1 mod vs a level 15.

However, you don't actually spend the credits at that screen do you? You say "ok" and then still have to hit "commit" before spending credits? Honestly not sure, since I immediately switched to Advanced view.

• I get what you're asking, but it's pointless to see the changes brought by using a level 1 mod vs a level 15.

However, you don't actually spend the credits at that screen do you? You say "ok" and then still have to hit "commit" before spending credits? Honestly not sure, since I immediately switched to Advanced view.[/quote]

Nobody in their right mind uses lvl 1 mods. I'm only interested in using the basic mode to compare stats to outside mod suggestion sites. When you do use basic mode mod suggestions, all you see is what mods the game recommends, where they're coming from and two buttons to include mods on characters and an assign button, then it equips mods, and you don't have a preview window to see how the mods change the stats, which I think they should have, even though it's a basic mod tool.