Worst mod slice experience so far?

Prev1
Of course we see/get mods with big speed now, or chance or what have you.. but I'd like to start a thread of worst rolls. I'll start;
Just sliced a blue mod to a purple and it rolled +7 defense, really? Put away the nerf guns because you're getting shut down now lol.

Replies

• My slicing experience has ****. I have sliced a bunch of blues and purple to gold and have had only 1 mods have a meaningful upgrade (speed).
  • I sliced two high speed mods on Hoda, both of which also had high tenacity/protection/health. Both also had really low offense values. Both upgraded the offense.
  • Between my two account I started 0/29 on speed rolling on splices. On the 30th, it finally popped. Got a few more since then, but that was a horrible start to mod splicing...
  • My Resistance Trooper Mod that rolled Protection, Offense, Offense% and Health. then sliced +Protection 3 consecutive times... For a toon I use most prominently is hSTR phase 1...
  • Horrible. 0/9 I think.
  • So far so good..... It's is what it is....no promises or guarantees, but the drop rates on the salvage are very good..... This was the first one I did, so can't complain..... Used to be +9 speed....

seukzzikgwi1.jpg
  • I agree with Bubba. Not complaining since all stat upgrades are good. I have had good and bad. Master Yoda is up to 272 speed just using Blues and Purples all upgraded from greys.
  • Lol, and they thought there would be less emphasis on speed with all the new changes....silly devs.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    >Offense Secondary
    >Speed Secondary
    >Critical Chance Secondary
    >Static Health Secondary

sliced twice and both went to health fml

I prefer anything over health and protection. Would prefer it would proc on potency or tenacity or other stats if it won't go to speed. Health and Protection feels useless since everyone hits really hard amount of damage that an extra 500 HP won't make a difference
  • Spent 1500 crystals to slice my MOD up to 6 dot. Found out can't slice it until gear 12.

It says nowhere in the game that this is a requirement. When I complained I was told "it was announced ". That's a cop-out answer.
  • Spent 1500 crystals to slice my MOD up to 6 dot. Found out can't slice it until gear 12.

It says nowhere in the game that this is a requirement. When I complained I was told "it was announced ". That's a cop-out answer.

It’s clear you didn’t read the posts they put up for slicing... they specified Gear 12 characters there. If you didn’t bother to read that part then don’t complain
  • "Worst mod slice experiences"?

I've not had any good mod slice experiences yet...
  • I dont have enough parts to even slice 1 mod yet
  • Yeah speed has alluded me in slicing so far as well lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    no better or worse than watching a mod with speed hit everything else before the update.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    no better or worse than watching a mod with speed hit everything else before the update.

that's painful as well lol
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Got speed bump (5) a couple of times initially but pretty bad luck for past 5 days. Health, defense and protection bumps
    Post edited by SithAmer on

Pre-patch that only required credits to max out, whereas slicing requires mats, and, credits- pre-patch was definitely not as painful.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    obidrew1 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Pre-patch that only required credits to max out, whereas slicing requires mats, and, credits- pre-patch was definitely not as painful.

i assume you have blocked out the running a batch of mod runs and getting none that even had speed and knowing you are just going to sell them for almost no credits?

its not just about slicing. i will take the current situation over the previous, but i wasn't expecting it to drop speed everywhere.

i think its nice, i have already had a handful of mods that I had no need to upgrade before produce some decent 12-15 speed mods.
  • I have sliced 2 mods to gold . 1 a defense mod went to 20% defense on the primary .2 . A critical damage mod went to 42% on the primary . It was well worth the effort .

Its way worse because now you can spend crystals to see a mods not upgrade speed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

Its way worse because now you can spend crystals to see a mods not upgrade speed.

How is that different then spending crystals to see it not have speed on it ?
  • So my mod slicing has been extremely bias since first posting this. Literally the last 13/15 slices has rolled defense.
  • I managed to shoot bb8 to 301 speed. Other than this, always the most useless stats. It's just RNG again.
  • So far I've sliced about 20 mods. In all those mods (that all had a speed secondary) I've had ONE mod improve speed and it went to 10 speed. Woohoo! Look out 300 speed on my arena team any day now!
    obidrew1 wrote: »

i assume you have blocked out the running a batch of mod runs and getting none that even had speed and knowing you are just going to sell them for almost no credits?

its not just about slicing. i will take the current situation over the previous, but i wasn't expecting it to drop speed everywhere.

i think its nice, i have already had a handful of mods that I had no need to upgrade before produce some decent 12-15 speed mods.

Adding another component to the process, that requires additional time or money to perform, is not an improvement, no matter how Rosie your glasses are.
  • Everyone is also forgetting the mod energy. I literally went from investing 0 energy into mods into now having 285 energy a day to dedicate to it... For free
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Everyone is also forgetting the mod energy. I literally went from investing 0 energy into mods into now having 285 energy a day to dedicate to it... For free

I will say it definitely is nice to get that and that refresh is only 50 crystals for the first couple times. Very much so a plus.