Galactic war tournaments

I would like to see Galatic War events that spice up and make harder the galactic wars. For example... a tournament were 1 single player creates teams similar to the territory war format that he places defense and he then can try to defeat other players teams. To win you have to defeate all of the other players teams and this could possibly be linked to a ranking system like our regular pvp battles. You could have a tournament that allows every team to be used, and you could have tournaments that limit the teams used (such as light side on offense....dark side on defense) or limit it to characters from specific eras. The teams allowed could rotate from one tournament to the next so it is hard to always dominate every tournament with just a few good teams.

Replies

• Voltarc wrote: »
    I would like to see Galatic War events that spice up and make harder the galactic wars. For example... a tournament were 1 single player creates teams similar to the territory war format that he places defense and he then can try to defeat other players teams. To win you have to defeate all of the other players teams and this could possibly be linked to a ranking system like our regular pvp battles. You could have a tournament that allows every team to be used, and you could have tournaments that limit the teams used (such as light side on offense....dark side on defense) or limit it to characters from specific eras. The teams allowed could rotate from one tournament to the next so it is hard to always dominate every tournament with just a few good teams.

Ummmm this sound exactly like the squad tournaments that happened about 2 years ago. And I remember those being disasters. (I don't remember why they quit the tournaments all I know was that I didn't like the tournament style at all)
  • Scrapped them due to rampant cheating ,
  • I did not play 2 years ago so can’t compare this idea to squad tournaments. But if they can lock an entire guild, they could do the same for a single player to prevent cheating. I doubt I would want this every day but the larger numbers of characters compared to 2 years should make this more enjoyable than before. I would really like to see an event like this that pops up every few weeks.
  • I want a map similar to the territory war style that could be strategically blocked by stronger and weaker teams....in territory wars there is strategy but it could be stronger for a single player
  • Voltarc wrote: »
    I did not play 2 years ago so can’t compare this idea to squad tournaments. But if they can lock an entire guild, they could do the same for a single player to prevent cheating. I doubt I would want this every day but the larger numbers of characters compared to 2 years should make this more enjoyable than before. I would really like to see an event like this that pops up every few weeks.

From my understanding, it was entire GUILDS cheating not just one player. Also what would the rewards be for it? Galactic war tokens?
  • Well if that level of cheating is a problem the rewards should be decent but not high and the opponents should be random...maybe the territory war format is fairly close to the way it needs to work. I would be happy with galactic war tokens....but really better prizes mixed in would make sure more people jump in. (Crystals to the winners always works) this is up to the developers...I’m looking at as something purely fun even without the prizes. Also the format does not just have to be 1 player vs 1 player....a three or 4 player free for all could work. An example of the background: players attack a sith or Jedi temple to capture a sith/Jedi holocrom cube. In Rebels we had a three way battle with multiple groups jumping in at a sith temple. It is possible there could be NPC traps to overcome but this may be unneeded.
  • Thanks EA, Grand Arena pretty much covers what I was looking for. Only problem I see is the match ups favor people who focus only only on a limited number of teams vs those who try to efficiently upgrade everyone (like for territory wars) I kind of wish instead of totaling all characters you only total up the top characters equal to the max number of characters that can be used in the match. In another words if you can only use 30 characters on defense and 30 on offense the match up should be based on the power of the top 60 characters for each player....not all of the characters in the roster.
  • I forgot...you can attack with all your characters lol so effectively most of my roster can’t kill or even hurt most of the characters you see on defense but they still all count toward GP....I raised nearly all my characters above 6000 so I can use them as filler in the back rows of territory war....but they can’t really help until I get them leveled up/geared up.