Anyone got Magnaguard at max GEAR level?

I'm working towards my eventual droid team, but am a little concerned about the incredibly low speed on this guy; 81 at gear level V!

I realise that Poggle's special will boost Magnaguard's speed quite a bit, and that his own special will help suppress the relative speed of the enemy team. Still... 81. Jeez. Anyone know if he gets slightly quicker at gear level VI/VII/VIII (if applicable)? Obviously shards + character levels don't affect speed.

Replies

• Magnaguard seems to be one of the worst droids, Id probably skip him.
  • I really like MagnaGuard.
    My 5 Dark Side are Old Daka, Asajj Ventress, Talia, Savage Opress and IG100.
    I thought that my team was set in stone unless I pull a decent chromium hero, now I'm doubting myself.
    I might have to think about who to replace him with.
    :(
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Anyone got info on magnaguard at max or close to max level? Thanks
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    Anyone got info on magnaguard at max or close to max level? Thanks

Gear VII - an astonishing 87 speed. All my other guys move twice before he does. Lol

Gear VII - an astonishing 87 speed. All my other guys move twice before he does. Lol

Gosh. How much does he crit for?
    xJazzx wrote: »

Gosh. How much does he crit for?

Significantly less than my other droids. He is only 4* ATM (and a while off 5* even) because his shard are a pain to get. Hopefully his damage will go up nicely with each promotion though, I really like his special. His gear is really lacklustre so hopefully after the level cap increase he will improve a lot also.
  • With Lobot as leader Droid allies gain 15 speed at level 1 ability.
    Poggle gives them 10% offense as leader.

You can have fast or hard but not both.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • With Lobot as leader Droid allies gain 15 speed at level 1 ability.
    Poggle gives them 10% offense as leader.

You can have fast or hard but not both.

That's not the issue at all - the other droids all have good speed. It is just IG-100 that is extremely slow. He also doesn't hit as hard, in spite of being slower. He is very much underpowered compared to the other droids.
  • @Jabberwocky
    'You can have fast or hard but not both.'

That's what he said.

For now I'll just use my MagnaGuard as an assistant to my top 4. Hoping for a Darth Maul as I can't see anyone else joining my squad until they release some new heroes.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Have him at 5*, level 60, gear VI and refusing to upgrade it anymore. Very poor investment although I'm a Droid fan...

My IG88 and IG86 are 7*, HK47 at 6*, poggle at 5 close to 6. All 4 maxed gear. These guys are amazing

Magnaguard however has seriously poor stats, horrible HP, horrible dmg, horrible speed, horrible potency so he can't land his debuffs. Basically the most horrible level 60 I've ever invested on. He hits for 1k and crits for 2k, with poggle buffs... My IGs are seeing 5/6k, even poggle basic attack hits for 3k...

I'll swap him anytime once a new Droid is released. But now, I need him there as my 2nd strongest team for GW. Cause he buffs IG86 and poggle passive and DROIDSSSSSS
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    Have him at 5*, level 60, gear VI and refusing to upgrade it anymore. Very poor investment although I'm a Droid fan...

My IG88 and IG86 are 7*, HK47 at 6*, poggle at 5 close to 6. All 4 maxed gear. These guys are amazing

Magnaguard however has seriously poor stats, horrible HP, horrible dmg, horrible speed, horrible potency so he can't land his debuffs. Basically the most horrible level 60 I've ever invested on. He hits for 1k and crits for 2k, with poggle buffs... My IGs are seeing 5/6k, even poggle basic attack hits for 3k...

I'll swap him anytime once a new Droid is released. But now, I need him there as my 2nd strongest team for GW. Cause he buffs IG86 and poggle passive and DROIDSSSSSS

Would you think Phasma can be a good #5 in the droid team for pvp? My droids aren't star'd up enough yet but I keep coming back to the question of putting in a healer like lumi or go all out offense.