Health or Defense mods on 3* Zaalbar?

gufu21
335 posts Member
edited September 2018
I have a 3* g8 Zaalbar. His protection isn't amazing right now, so I thought I'd use health set mods to make the most of his health regen on basic. But his unique gives him extra stacking defense. So maybe I should be using defense sets?

Which do you think will pay better dividends?

In the long run as he moves past 3* and g8, what is the consensus? Are defense mods the way to go to with Zaalbar?

Replies

• I would mix them. Also he is one of the few toons in the game that REALLY benefits from a crit reduction arrow. Especially under a Qira lead.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    I would mix them. Also he is one of the few toons in the game that REALLY benefits from a crit reduction arrow. Especially under a Qira lead.

Yeah really any type of tanky arrow works on him. If you have zMission though then you will want speed to get to his spicy DPS.
  • I don't have the game open right now but pretty sure he can get up to 109% crit reduction under Qira lead. Or something close to that.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I would mix them. Also he is one of the few toons in the game that REALLY benefits from a crit reduction arrow. Especially under a Qira lead.

Why do you say this? He already gets 25% Crit reduction. Under a Qira lead he can stack another 60%. No reason for any more. Very few characters have a crit chance that high.

Why do you say this? He already gets 25% Crit reduction. Under a Qira lead he can stack another 60%. No reason for any more. Very few characters have a crit chance that high.

Yeah 109 is a bit gratuitous. But I could see the value under other leaders. But like I said unless you have zMission to boost his dps you can give him a protection or defense arrow.

Qira needs to stack though and that takes time. It will keep him from getting instagibbed at the start. Also not everyone will run him under a Qira lead.