Upcoming “Reward” for marquees

So, who thinks this is going to be a reward for solo toons, and who thinks it’s going to be a reward for kotor toons, and who thinks both? Personally, I’m thinking Chewie (OT) as legendary for solo toons, and Revan as the obvious reward for kotor.

Replies

• I personally this this one is Jango.

Solo toons will be Beckett. Not sure why people say OT Chewie. He wasnt in the movie.

KOTOR with be Carth and Hawk first then Revan around Christmas? Guessing here.
  • Also Malak could come, but I agree with VonZant, this should be Jango, they released a lot of Bh marquees
    Do or don't there is no try
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I personally this this one is Jango.

Solo toons will be Beckett. Not sure why people say OT Chewie. He wasnt in the movie.

Because there's nothing legendary about Beckett.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

There's nothing legendy about bb8 and yet he has one.
  • Nema wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

There's nothing legendy about bb8 and yet he has one.

He's basically the R2D2 for the new generation of movies that has already been a main character in two movies and soon a third as well as the TV series Resistance. Beckett was a one and done minion character that we'll never see again.

If it’s not gonna be OT chewie, my money would be on Dryden Vos rather than Beckett, but could be. As for why Chewie, I can’t speak for everyone else but my thinking is OT chewie is as much a result of events in that movie as Commander Skywalker was from the events of ANH (from which all his required characters originated). Also, CG wouldn’t hold onto him for this long just to make him a marquee, would they...?
  • I think there's no chance of a Beckett legendary event. I really doubt that there will be any legendary at all for Solo toons. There was no Rouge One legendary character, and no characters from the Solo movie could credibly be called legendary with the possible exception of
    Maul, who only is shown at the very end, and doesn't actually do anything in the movie.
    bb8 legendary made sense because it fit with the theme of needing a legendary droid character for a hero's journey.
  • Mechanical legs Maul, Jango Fett, Malek and Reven.
  • Let's be real, Maul doesn't deserve legendary status either
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I think there's no chance of a Beckett legendary event. I really doubt that there will be any legendary at all for Solo toons. There was no Rouge One legendary character, and no characters from the Solo movie could credibly be called legendary with the possible exception of
    Maul, who only is shown at the very end, and doesn't actually do anything in the movie.
    bb8 legendary made sense because it fit with the theme of needing a legendary droid character for a hero's journey.

No characters, true, but a ship. Solo is basically about how the Falcon became what it is, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got some variant of Hero's journey for OT Falcon, requiring the Solo characters. Of course, OT Chewie would have to be added as well, maybe through a light side scoundrel legendary.
  • Did someone say KOTOR ship?
  • Did someone say KOTOR ship?

You did, just now.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Did someone say KOTOR ship?

Ravager confirmed?
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »

Fair enough. But this next event is not guaranteed to be legendary. (Although I still think it's Jango or Beckett because of what appear to be 2 blasters.). Whenever/whatever marquee or legendary the next toon is from the Solo movie it should be Beckett and he should have a leader ability. He played a larger part in the Movie than Lando or L3 or Nest and we got all of them. I can see an argument for Voss too, but thats about it for the Movie.

I just dont see OT Chewie or why people say it. Might as well say: Its going to be Jabba because Han said X at the end of the movie. Just makes no sense.
  • The reward is Jedi Manuel Thief Rey. There is no Marquee
  • I hope they don't promise another "significant make good"...that was a real crock of...stuff
  • I’ll bet that pixilated pic is Revan holding his mask. In a symbolic gesture that he can be used on a light side, dark side or neutral team. The big clue being a neutral tag being recently introduced. If they bring a strictly light side or dark side Revan to the game, arguably the most anticipated character ever, CG would guarantee about half the community crying foul. And god forbid if they introduced two Revans one light and one dark and one was more powerful than the other.
    Also we find that there are convientky only FIVE old republic toons non of which are farmable using free to play energy. Meaning people who want to get a jump on Revan, assuming this is him being announced 9/12, will have to use crystals (can you hear the mad ca-CHING) to get a jump on acquiring shards for said old republic toons for Revan’s hero’s journey.
  • They said the neutral tag was initially meant for T3-M4 but him being neutral broke the game(lol) because it somehow made him usable in fleet battles
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    They said the neutral tag was initially meant for T3-M4 but him being neutral broke the game(lol) because it somehow made him usable in fleet battles
    ROFLMAO!!! :D
  • I’ll bet that pixilated pic is Revan holding his mask. In a symbolic gesture that he can be used on a light side, dark side or neutral team. The big clue being a neutral tag being recently introduced. If they bring a strictly light side or dark side Revan to the game, arguably the most anticipated character ever, CG would guarantee about half the community crying foul. And god forbid if they introduced two Revans one light and one dark and one was more powerful than the other.
    Also we find that there are convientky only FIVE old republic toons non of which are farmable using free to play energy. Meaning people who want to get a jump on Revan, assuming this is him being announced 9/12, will have to use crystals (can you hear the mad ca-CHING) to get a jump on acquiring shards for said old republic toons for Revan’s hero’s journey.

Revan was never ‘neutral’. He was at the light side and dark side in different periods of his life...
  • If we get a legendary event for Solo toons, it will be Vos (he was the main antagonist of the film), not Beckett or OT Chewbacca
  • Solo characters wont bring any legendary character. They are the Rogue1 of 2018. Expect them in new TB missions.
  • Supreme snoke may be another option for the future. We don't have a first order legendary
    Do or don't there is no try

No way Beckett is legendary level, not even the dude with the scars is that level. The only legendary I can see coming from that movie is Cyborg Maul.
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Fair enough. But this next event is not guaranteed to be legendary. (Although I still think it's Jango or Beckett because of what appear to be 2 blasters.). Whenever/whatever marquee or legendary the next toon is from the Solo movie it should be Beckett and he should have a leader ability. He played a larger part in the Movie than Lando or L3 or Nest and we got all of them. I can see an argument for Voss too, but thats about it for the Movie.

I just dont see OT Chewie or why people say it. Might as well say: Its going to be Jabba because Han said X at the end of the movie. Just makes no sense.

I'd like to see MudTrooper just because I'm an Imperial Trooper fan.
  • KOTOR Legendary seems like an absolute no-brainer.

The issue with a Solo legendary right now - is there's no distinct tag for the Solo characters. They *could* add a Solo tag for those characters (a la Rogue One), but they should have already done so. If they make it a legendary requiring scoundrels, players wouldn't need to farm the Solo toons.

I doubt the Solo toons will be required for a Hero's Journey at this point...so it seems less likely for a Solo-based legendary. I think we will see a Bounty Hunter-based legendary, and then a KOTOR legendary, using the BH and Old Republic tags.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Supreme snoke may be another option for the future. We don't have a first order legendary

I say it's him in the picture... FO needs him and his capital badly

FOTP SFFOTP KRU Shuttle need that last bump to be viable as a team in ships...
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Supreme snoke may be another option for the future. We don't have a first order legendary

I say it's him in the picture... FO needs him and his capital badly

FOTP SFFOTP KRU Shuttle need that last bump to be viable as a team in ships...

Think it's more likely to get Hux and the Finalizer than the Supremacy. The scale of that ship is insane.
  • I think they will announce a new event to introduce characters called Marquee:ish
    Difference is you unlock the characters almost at 4*

First out of the gate would be Unkar Plutt
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    If it’s not gonna be OT chewie, my money would be on Dryden Vos rather than Beckett, but could be. As for why Chewie, I can’t speak for everyone else but my thinking is OT chewie is as much a result of events in that movie as Commander Skywalker was from the events of ANH (from which all his required characters originated). Also, CG wouldn’t hold onto him for this long just to make him a marquee, would they...?

Yes... Yes they absolutely would hold onto to him to just release him as a marquee...