Manipulative shipment tactics

ludwigsangina
327 posts Member
edited September 2018
I used to see nest/bastilla shards evenly in shipments (keep in mind I already maxed bastillas out from packs long ago).

I recently decided to whale out nest and now that I am buying his shards, I see bastillas shards disproportionately more often.

In fact, I tested this theory by refreshing shipments 12 times over the past 2 days using crystals.

I saw nest twice, for 4 shards and for 8 shards. I see bastillas every other time, often for 16 shards.

Say what you want about RNG, but it’s very statistically improbable for the game to stop showing me nest at exactly the time they realize I’m willing to use crystals to refresh.

I think there’s more at play here....
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Say what you want about RNG,

I'd say you have not understood, how probability works.
    but it’s very statistically improbable for the game to stop showing me nest at exactly the time they realize I’m willing to use crystals to refresh.

No, it is not.

No, there isn't

• Nema
    136 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Also nest is a girl
  • For people to take your complaint valid, you should have a much bigger sample. Not asking for, we know it is expensive, but you'll only get frustrated here too.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • I wholly agree,the more I spend in real $$ the more difficult the exact item I am chasing becomes.Drop rates in CM drop to 1/10 or worse when I buy credits but I did not purchase for 5 weeks and drop rate for HERA went to 40%+,
  • You're also forgetting Bastilla is not F2P yet, where as Nest is. She's farmable in the hard fleet nodes. Bastilla is only in shipments right now.

Once this new marquee is up they'll even out I'm sure.
  • DarkISI wrote: »
    Say what you want about RNG,

but it’s very statistically improbable for the game to stop showing me nest at exactly the time they realize I’m willing to use crystals to refresh.

No, it is not.

No, there isn't

Not really...CVS, stop and shop, Google. Amazon etc all keep tabs on what you buy and than market things towards you. What's to say that there aren't algorithms in the game made to collect consumer data to be exploited in the same way?
  • JerryHello wrote: »
    DarkISI wrote: »
    Say what you want about RNG,

No, it is not.

No, there isn't

Not really...CVS, stop and shop, Google. Amazon etc all keep tabs on what you buy and than market things towards you. What's to say that there aren't algorithms in the game made to collect consumer data to be exploited in the same way?

The fact that there could potentially be an algorithm ingame that exploits consumer behaviour by offering less of what consumers want to buy in order to get consumers to refresh more often and thus spend more money, is not an argument in favour of there actually being such an algorithm ingame.
    Granted, it's very difficult to provide sufficient data that supports the claim that there is such an algorithm ingame, but the data the OP based his/her claim on is very minimal and could easily be just RNG with a fair bit of the "i feel like i'm being screwed ever" sentiment.
  • Maybe it's just me, but, I find it hard to to believe that a company would intentionally manipulate their items for sale to try and charge you 25 cents to get you to spend $10 afterwards. The risk of losing out on that $10 doesn't seem to outweigh that .25 they got out of you to try and get you to spend your money.