When is the right time to start farming Vets! :)

Shadowscream
969 posts Member
edited September 2018
I’ve been dreading having to do this!
Currently, I’ve unlocked all the other Legendary/Heroes journey characters.

I “could” improve my Jedi Arena team by farming Aayla but this would be a nudge.
I “could” replace Phasma with FOX.
I “could” farm Deathtrooper and replace Magmatrooper
But....equally it might just be better to knuckle down and farm the Vets!

So what would you guys do?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'd farm them immediately. Those improvements aren't as good as JTR

also, ppl are expecting her to be back October or this month. You might miss her
  • Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    HK666 wrote: »
    I'd farm them immediately. Those improvements aren't as good as JTR

also, ppl are expecting her to be back October or this month. You might miss her

I might....but if I use that as an excuse.....I’d miss her next time too! :)
    Post edited by Shadowscream on
  • Decide a goal and work towards it, and screw panic farming. The benefits of those characters over three months (rough time between events) is nothing compared to getting JTR.

Bite the bullet and farm the vets.
  • I’d start yesterday if I was you, it’s a painful af farm, but it needs to be done!!
  • I too want deathtrooper, sith Trooper, Fox.

But since I finished farming old Ben and farm boy Luke at the end of August, I've been farming vets. You get about 8 shards a day of you buy 3 refreshes. So it's a good month and a half each. I'm 5 stars on chewy and just today 4 starred Han. I probably won't even make it for the next jtr event (if I can get close I might buy the 50 shards of each pack)...
  • Without seeing your profile, it would be hard to say what is a better farm "right now". Are you going to refresh cantina at least 3 times a day? I found I got ~10 shards a day with 3 refresh. Some days more, some days less. There are many calculators out there that will tell you the length of time to complete.

I finished Deathtrooper yesterday, and that was a lot more time consuming than a single Vet. But I wasn't refreshing quite as much, so it was going to be longer.

But, all in all, if you want to progress in the game, I'd put everything towards getting JTR now. She is strong everywhere is the game.
  • Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    Without seeing your profile, it would be hard to say what is a better farm "right now". Are you going to refresh cantina at least 3 times a day? I found I got ~10 shards a day with 3 refresh. Some days more, some days less. There are many calculators out there that will tell you the length of time to complete.

I finished Deathtrooper yesterday, and that was a lot more time consuming than a single Vet. But I wasn't refreshing quite as much, so it was going to be longer.

But, all in all, if you want to progress in the game, I'd put everything towards getting JTR now. She is strong everywhere is the game.

https://swgoh.gg/p/716997717/

Some, like my Imperial Troopers, Nightsisters, Rogue One have the required shards - just not leveled them....credits!!
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    Without seeing your profile, it would be hard to say what is a better farm "right now". Are you going to refresh cantina at least 3 times a day? I found I got ~10 shards a day with 3 refresh. Some days more, some days less. There are many calculators out there that will tell you the length of time to complete.

https://swgoh.gg/p/716997717/

Some, like my Imperial Troopers, Nightsisters, Rogue One have the required shards - just not leveled them....credits!!

I'd start Vets today then.

I was going to say there is no need to try to improve your Imperial Troopers with Deathtrooper, so back burner that farm.

I noticed you have no Gen Kenobi. JTR is great in the hAAT raid as well. Hopefully your guild is working towards hAAT, if they aren't already.
  • Now would be a good time. Putting it off is a good way to ensure you are never ready.
  • Yeah. Start now. She is one of the few characters in thr game that should take priority over everything.

Also with the Scoundrel resurgence, the vets are useful additions to your roster.
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    I’d start yesterday if I was you, it’s a painful af farm, but it needs to be done!!

This.

Like Nike says - just do it!

Like everything in life that is unpleasant but necessary - start now. Don't put it off. If you want JTR, and who doesn't, then start now.
    Now would be a good time. Putting it off is a good way to ensure you are never ready.

Succinctly and eloquently put.

• My goal is to unlock all the characters, but I only recently started farming them since I was focusing on 7* Thrawn and powering up FO. Its a long slow grind to max the vets but its necessary.
  • Remember, everything your JTR team can do, jedi can do better. With much lower investment, at that. Now, let that sink in.

And rethink if you actually wanna go the JTR route. For any new player reading this, listen. JTR isn't as valuable as she was before. Rethink, and plan. There are much better investments in the game than her rn. GL.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I mean, everything starts losing value as newer stuff comes out, but are you sure Jedi can do everything better? Just reading that I have my doubts. Guess I could go check some numbers. You're absolutely right about Jedi requiring much less investment, unless they through Bastila behind a hard ship node and gate her lead for PVE. Then you'll probably hit JTR requirements easier than fleet battle hard 5-c or whatever

• Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    HK666 wrote: »
    I mean, everything starts losing value as newer stuff comes out, but are you sure Jedi can do everything better? Just reading that I have my doubts. Guess I could go check some numbers. You're absolutely right about Jedi requiring much less investment, unless they through Bastila behind a hard ship node and gate her lead for PVE. Then you'll probably hit JTR requirements easier than fleet battle hard 5-c or whatever

Just as well I’m able to do hardmode ship nodes ;)
  • The answer to 'should I start farming the vets?' is always yes.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • #WisdomOfTheMonk...It is said that the best time to plant a forest is twenty years ago; or today.

Farm the vets. Ideally starting three months ago.
  • Farm the vets.
  • Yesterday
  • NOW
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Currently, I’ve unlocked all the other Legendary/Heroes journey characters.

This is when you start farming to unlock JTR.

• 2 months ago.
  • Thanks All....I’m farming them & will only pause if Bastila or Jolee goes in the Cantina...haha (Hard Ship node is my guess)
  • I finished them earlier this week. Glad I started them when I did!

Good to hear you have started them too. You don't miss out on mod farming either - bonus.
  • I finished them earlier this week. Glad I started them when I did!

Good to hear you have started them too. You don't miss out on mod farming either - bonus.

I just started farming them too. However; quite disappointed that now mods are half as cheap to farm as they used to be when I (in hindsight) wasted a ton of cantina energy farming them and could have the vets by now instead.

Oh well...
  • Now. The answer, for anyone who doesn’t have them, is now.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I started farming them the moment I finished my FO farm from Cantina. Only reason I waited for that was to get everything for BB8. Phasma is fine for the BB8 event, though.