Everybody is sleeping on everbody

Prev1
The new toons are OP and nobody cares.

Mission, Zaalbar, Vandor Chewie, L3-37, T3-M4 what do they all have in common? They are some of the most over powered toons in the game. Yet somehow nobody cares. It’s almost as if people can’t see past Traya to care to know what the next best toons are. Every toon I just listed is arena viable in the correct squads and yet nobody cares. People have taken up Bastilla Shan and Enfys Nest quite quickly. Well news flash people, the toons listed above are just as good. I would argue every toon in that list is better than GK right now.

Mission and Zaalbar were made specifically to have over tuned synergy with each other. Zaalbar is the tauntiest and tankiest toon in the game right now. He has stacking defense, crit chance avoidance health regen and protection regen built into his kit. Meanwhile Mission gives the pair crazy base offense, dazes on basic, has stacking offense, stacking potency and protection regen. Don’t forget blind and stealth.

Vandor Chewie and L3 are the best tanks not named Sion or Zaalbar. Vandor Chewie basically heals your squad 6k protection every time somebody takes damage. Not to mention he can auto-revive tanks like L3 and Big-Z. Good luck dealing with that. L3 has counter, a heal that goes off every other toon, she passively cleanses, buffs her defense, taunts all the time, gains bonus tm like crazy, and to boot she has multiple tags to fit in all over the place.
T3-M4 can make IG-88 aoe crit for 50k easy with Vader lead BB-8 IPD and T3-M4. That doesn’t need further explanation. I would bet with a perfect start on debuffs and the right mods 6E mods he could hit 80K on his aoe.

Stop ignoring these toons. They aren’t paywalled at all. Most are better at 3* g10 than a lot of the existing toons popular in non-arena gameplay
All of these toons however get rolled by Traya. Mostly because a lot of them counter attack.

Replies

• Olddumper wrote: »
    All of these toons however get rolled by Traya. Mostly because a lot of them counter attack.

That's your answer.
  • I think they’re the victims of oversaturated toon market. They came on the tail end of the big marquee push. I doubt anyone has spent time experimenting with them. They’re next on my list to gear tho
  • All the Old Republic toons are almost certainly going to be required for Revan. And the Solo toons may very well be needed for a legendary (or, more likely, a new type of event) from that movie. No one is sleeping on them, but they're either not F2P yet, or long farms, and you made your own argument as to why they're not being used in arena - Traya murders them. Young Han is the only easy farm, and people have been using him in HAAT.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I think they’re the victims of oversaturated toon market. They came on the tail end of the big marquee push. I doubt anyone has spent time experimenting with them. They’re next on my list to gear tho

They seem completely un-experimented. The devs and GC usually do a horrible job building comps too. It's pretty laughable how much damage a g8 zaalbar can tank with VC.
    I would argue every toon in that list is better than GK right now.

Where did you people stop reading? I did here. :3

I would argue every toon in that list is better than GK right now.

Where did you people stop reading? I did here. :3

Screen capping this
  • The Sermon of Vandor are words directly from the Force itself and should not be ignored!
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    :)
  • Give it time. I know I am still heavily weighed down with a mass of marquees howling for upgrades, others are probably in the same boat. I am just now beginning to appreciate Yolo, and KOTOR is also starting to get some gear.
  • I would think nobody cares because most players have yet to see these toons in action or come across these high geared toons.

As for the GK comparison, I wouldn’t argue against it. He’s always ability blocked, stunned, fractured to do anything.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I would think nobody cares because most players have yet to see these toons in action or come across these high geared toons.

As for the GK comparison, I wouldn’t argue against it. He’s always ability blocked, stunned, fractured to do anything.

Lol, no HP or Protection Regen. No bonus protection. No passive cleanse. No stacking defensive abilities.

You call this a toon?

GK is a good toon and he plays well factionless. However, most people miss-remember he isn't that tanky with out his own leadership. He isn't used in the best Bastilla teams. Traya totally disrespects his kit.
  • I think you're exaggerating how overlooked they are.

It's well-established that Yolo is an absolute monster. You'll find several posts on the forums and Reddit preaching the Sermon of Vandor™. There have been a few people predicting Zaalbar could be one of the best plug and play tanks in the game. There's also the 'unbeatable' Qi'ra led TW team. T3-M4 similarly caused a bit of a stir amongst droid-lovers.

Admittedly they've not taken over and replaced most go-to TB teams but that's because most PvE content is gated by stars, arena isn't really where they shine and I don't think TW is a major focus for anyone who hasn't already nailed HSTR and TB.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Zaalbar and Mission certainly haven't been overlooked in my shard. The comp. that they run is usually something like this:
    CWC(L)
    Vader
    Mace Windu
    Mission
    Zaalbar
    But I mean I'm in a really young shard (July 2018).
  • We need a Leadership or Unique that replaces ally counters with something else. Show Traya who's boss.
  • my side of the story : why pay so much money on getting a team that will give me exact same thing (probably less) that my already geared team already give me ?
    anyway, the fact that the Trio can win by themselves most of the 3v5 fights they'll be in, shows everything you need to know - there is a strong meta, its time to save crystals if you have them, or just focus on solutions if you dont have. i really have no idea why would anyone gear those guys right now.
    maybe if you'll do a video that demonstrates how awesome they are, people will start to use. but currently, no one really thinks they OP - include me.
  • Putting aside their power, the Solo scoundrels are really fun in PvE. Love passing around Prepared to get the most damage, healing anyone to full in one turn after surviving Annihilate, stacking up Yolo's bonuses. They're awesome.
  • TarlaBille wrote: »
    Putting aside their power, the Solo scoundrels are really fun in PvE. Love passing around Prepared to get the most damage, healing anyone to full in one turn after surviving Annihilate, stacking up Yolo's bonuses. They're awesome.

Yeah I completely agree. They are just a fun faction to play.
  • I should make some videos again :)

My Solo scoundrels are pretty strong...

Sooo many interesting variations which still work amazingly vs certain teams...

1e9Fr9a.jpg
  • Are they good in arena?
    Can they equal or surpass current raid teams?
    Do they have an A tier ship?
    If no to all of these 90% won't care but I feel they can help newer players by having a variety of choices to farm and giving them team memebers for early TB/TW so its not just CLS Rebels, Phoenix, rogue one, resistance, and maybe jedi
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Do I wanna get the cool teams that aren't commonly used or are just my personal favorites? - yes
    Do I have the resources/roster to get those toons without hurting the time it will take for me to get to/complete end game content?- no
    Will I star them and get them to g10 or so anyway? probably
  • Does Young Lando just suck though?
  • TarlaBille wrote: »
    Does Young Lando just suck though?
    Yes. He is the new rose.
  • For me the probles is so few workable HSIT teams, until you get one for each phase nothing else really matters.

Then chuck in many, many new toons and put almost all of them on a 6 month hard node farm and the players have to make a decision, pick a couple that will help with HSIT, or whatever you assume is needed for the next legendary and it should be no surprise that people are going to ignore the vast majority of released characters.

Cant farm from any stores, not many in cantina, most on hard nodes and you think we have time or inclination to farm them all, should not be a surprise.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    I should make some videos again :)

1e9Fr9a.jpg

uvg77g09fh0v.png

not so strong it seems...
  • MatejM47
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Probably because a lot of guilds are working on heroic sith raid and getting those to 7* is either to expensive or it takes months of sims on one hard node.

Its the whole problem of a marquee system, there have been almost 20 new characters in the 5 months i'm playing all on marque system and unless you spend a few thousand $$$ you have no way of getting them. They should just start adding all those to store along one hard node because this way like you said, 99% of players are ignoring those new characters.
  • (The following is pure spec comparing and theory crafting).

Sure Vandor Chewie heals and revives, unless you hit him or cleanse him. Most current arena teams are able to at least one of those things. Sure Yolo can pass "Prepared" to him to make VC do his tricks anyway, but the mechanics are way too flimsy to work against a Traya, Bastilla, Nightmare or JTR-team. Even Rex with Talzin and Wampa may be able to deal with it.

Big Z?

He has 10% more armor than GK, 10k more Health/Protection, about 25% less resistance and 21 speed less.
    So he may be tankier in numbers alone depending on what the opposition is.

He requires 200 less Carbantis, but needs 2 golden eyeballs and 1 mk 5 droid caller more, so that's about the same amount of high need gear. In fact I may prefer the 200 carbantis because of challenges.

They both have passive taunts, with GK's being the better one IMHO.

Taunt when ally is crithit and giving crit immunity is much more disruptive to the opponents ability to focus down a certain toon, than taunting when dropping below 100% health and gaining retribution.

Although his basic has awesome synergy with his taunt and retribution, it's much too easy to prevent him from attacking (stun, daze, dispel, fracture, isolate).

Big Z self preservates with big healing and stacking defense.
    GK spreads foresight and retribution, he has team cleanse and mass attack.

Big Z has good synergy with Vandor, if you can keep Vandor buffed and not taking damage, and even better synergy with Mission.

GK has great synergy with Bastilla, GMY, and Barris at the very least.
    And GK works wonders alone with his taunt in hybrid teams.

Big Z doesn't seem that great as a slot in toon.

I think we need more Scoundrel leaders before the faction has a shot at real viability, but then they may have a chance to be great with characters lidt Nest, Raid Han, Big Z, Yolo, L3 and what have we.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @Krjstoff Vandor does Crazy damage and L3 keeps him and everyone else cleansed. But yes you have identified his weakness. Its why he needs to be with 2 tanks.

Keeping top 50 with a non-meta team is impressive, and I dont care what anyone else says. Good on ya @Smapty

I have Yolo at 7* and Qira and Vandor at 15/100. L3 is next but she works fine at 3*. Already have STHan geared.

@Smapty have you tried Clone Chewie lead? I know it sounds crazy but his defense up buff makes that team even tougher. STHans TM reduction might be more important though.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    I should make some videos again :)

1e9Fr9a.jpg

uvg77g09fh0v.png

not so strong it seems...

So averaging rank 25 out of 000s isn't enough to say you're fielding a strong line up? Blimey. Throw in the fact that if there's a shard chat the top 20 or so places don't count as competition is prohibited, and I'm impressed by your standards!