Rework: Zam Wesell

Prev1
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited September 2018
UNIT NAME: Zam Wesell
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Attacker, Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel
Lightning fast Scoundrel attacker that inflicts Evasion Down and detonates bombs

*UPDATED TEXT SHOW IN GREEN*

ABILITIES:

Basic: DETONATING SHOT

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy. All Thermal Detonators on the target explode, dealing damage immediately. If any Thermal Detonators explode, Zam gains 20% Turn Meter for each living Scoundrel ally.

Special 1: SEE WHAT STICKS (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Place Thermal Detonators on all enemies that explode after 2 turns. Zam gains Speed Up for 3 turns.

Special 2: ELECTRO-GOGGLES (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Inflict Evasion Down on all enemies for 4 turns and a Thermal Detonator on all enemies that already had a Thermal Detonator for 2 turns. Zam recovers 10% Protection for each enemy with Thermal Detonator. Zam gains 50% Turn Meter. This attack can't be Evaded.

Unique 1: SHAPESHIFTER

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, Zam gains:

[*] 20% increase to her Offense for each Scoundrel Attacker ally
    [*] 20% increase to Max Protection for each Scoundrel Tank ally
    [*] 20% increase to Max Health for each Scoundrel Support and Healer ally.

Leader: HAVING A BLAST

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Bounty Hunter allies gain +25% Potency and recover 4% Health and Protection whenever an enemy is dealt damage by a Thermal Detonator. When a Bounty Hunter ally uses a Special ability, they inflict a Thermal Detonator on the selected target for 2 turns, which can't be Evaded. When Zam Wesell is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active:

Contract: Inflict 20 bombs on enemies. (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.)

Reward: All Bounty Hunter now inflict Thermal Detonators on all enemies whenever they die, which can’t be Evaded. All Bounty Hunter allies have their Payouts activated.

Contract: ZAM'S PAYOUT

FINAL TEXT: Whenever Zam receives Rewards from a Contract, she also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)

Payout: Whenever an enemy takes damage from a Thermal Detonator, Zam has a 25% chance to dispel all debuffs on herself, she gains Stealth for 1 turn, and she gains 2% Max Protection until the end of the encounter.

GAME CHANGERS

Urzatron
    https://youtu.be/CIXguKMztiE

Operation Metaverse
    https://youtu.be/jVXZunyHkkw
    Post edited by GAWS on

Replies

• Her basic is exactly the same as it is now?
    • the last bounty hunter with a rework she is.
    • jkray622
      1636 posts Member
      edited September 2018
      The Green vs White Tex is incorrect.

Her basic attack is unchanged.

The 2nd skill, the speed up chance was increased from 70% to 100%, but the rest was unchanged.

Electro-Goggles is almost completely different, but is shown in all white text.

Update: Thanks for the fix, SBCrumb!
    • BrtStlnd
      1094 posts Member
      edited September 2018
      Do they realize her basic crits for like 3k?

Wait a sec... am I reading this right that your allies have to die to realize the benefits of the leader contract?
    • BrtStlnd wrote: »

Wait a sec... am I reading this right that your allies have to die to realize the benefits of the leader contract?

The text has been updated, but they haven't brought out numbers. The damage MAY have been increased, they simply didn't address it. We will see
    • Yeah Im also not a fan of having my toons die to just place some stoopid detonators. I want jango instead for sure.
    • Zam is just always going to have turns lol so much more healing under Bossk as well.
    • All they had to do was add a Zeta that made TDs undispellable.
      Porgatory demands fresh souls.
    • All they had to do was add a Zeta that made TDs undispellable.
      All Thermal Detonators will be undispellable in the next patch! More news on that when we launch the patch
    • Wait what now?!
    • Assuming you're not pulling my leg, you've just made my day. I was a Day One Zam buyer and I've been waiting and praying for a chance to make her really shine.
    • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
      All they had to do was add a Zeta that made TDs undispellable.
      All Thermal Detonators will be undispellable in the next patch! More news on that when we launch the patch

Can you confirm that BH’s need to die to activate the benefit of her leadership contract? Also has the damage on her basic been changed?
    • For zams payout is it 25%chance for just the dispel or 25% chance for each thing listed?
    • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
      All they had to do was add a Zeta that made TDs undispellable.

Hopefully she gets a massive potency boost as well. I was hoping her detonators would be irresistible. In the Sith raid especially, she's pretty much worthless because the bosses never get detonators.
    • Buy Jango with that tenacity down leader and go to town in the raid, lol.

JK. That would have been nice, but I'm pretty satisfied with her rework; especially the impending TD change.

Raid bosses are almost always more annoying to land debuffs on, and while I'd love to take my revamped bomb squad up against Traya I'd be shocked if it became a viable strategy since they nerfed the health % hit the damage did awhile back.

My bomb squad tank team got hit hard with that bat.
    • Woodroward
      3749 posts Member
      edited September 2018
      BrtStlnd wrote: »

There may or may not be changes in stats that are not listed here. This is just about the kit changes.

Edit: at least 2 bounty hunters can revive almost perpetually...
    • DarthPurgatory
      626 posts Member
      edited September 2018
      Don't forget she gets 20% offense for each Scoundrel ally.

Yeaaaahh I know the math doesn't really prop her up much but it's marginally better. Without a stat rework which is rarely done, I think 30/40% per attacker might have been a stronger boost without hitting OP digits, for precisely why you mentioned.

Will need to see in action before a final judgement though. Let's also not forget we have a lot of offense boosting Hunter leads now. Give her under that leader with an offense up and crit damage up?

She might yet shine.
    • I'm not an expert on BH by any stretch of the imagination, wouldn't she, Greedo, and Dengar be able to make it rain TD on Sith Raid bosses? Especially under a Jango lead?
    • HK22 wrote: »
      I'm not an expert on BH by any stretch of the imagination, wouldn't she, Greedo, and Dengar be able to make it rain TD on Sith Raid bosses? Especially under a Jango lead?

If by “make it rain” you mean “all TDs are resisted every single time by raid bosses”, then yes.
    • Good stuff!
    • Shadowscream
      968 posts Member
      edited September 2018
      VonZant wrote: »
      Good stuff!

VonZant - I think it was yourself that recommended the TD Team to me?
      I’m close to finishing:
      Boba(l), Dengar, Zam, Greedo and Cad Bane with stacked Potency and CChance. (And the obligatory speed)
      Will this be stronger now? And should Boba be leader still?
    • Her basic crits for low damage, but that’s just the base damage—the real damage she does is from the thermal detonators she triggers with each shot. Plus the turn meter she gains—although taunts will make her sad.

I always really liked Zam, so it’s good to see her get some improvements. She’s still not a gamebreaker or anythibg, but she’s interesting. Looking forward to seeing her in action.

(Although I kind of miss her evasion. It was fun sticking her under old Cad Bane and seeing her dodge everything.)
      Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    • Zam with taunt ignore would have been killer.
    • Sam, Dengar, Greedo, IG88 with another(Bobba, Bosk or Jengo) vs. Raid bosses.

3 put up TD, IG 88 lowers tenacity on every crit so the TDs stick and then pick which leader is the best for the team.
    • Zam with taunt ignore would have been killer.

Well, the Jango lead will give Bounty Hunter’s Resolve to the whole team, so she will be able to ignore taunts then (that is just a ridiculous payout).

• It's something, for sure.
    • GambrinusKluk
      222 posts Member
      edited September 2018
      The leadership contract payout is exceptionally lame. Nobody wants their toon to die to place a single TD on every enemy.
      I'd like to see some sort of stacking bonus (+5% speed and/or +10% offense) for each TD placed or exploded once the contract is actived.
    • The leadership contract payout is exceptionally lame. Nobody wants their toon to die to place a single TD on every enemy.
      I'd like to see some sort of stacking bonus (+5% speed and/or +10% offense) for each TD placed or exploded once the contract is actived.

Its hard to keep your BHs alive in the arena.
      You can win, but you lose chars.
    • VonZant wrote: »
      Good stuff!

VonZant - I think it was yourself that recommended the TD Team to me?
      I’m close to finishing:
      Boba(l), Dengar, Zam, Greedo and Cad Bane with stacked Potency and CChance. (And the obligatory speed)
      Will this be stronger now? And should Boba be leader still?

@Shadowscream No idea honestly, but they should still be pretty awesome under Boba as she can inflict double TD now. Her basic might be a slight nerf but she is clearly stronger overall. Boba Dengar Zam Greedo Bossk or Cad will be even faster now. Havent looked at Jango yet so not sure where he will fit in.
    • VonZant
      3843 posts Member
      edited September 2018
      Not sure I get where here leadership would be useful? PVE in raid? Can stack a lot of damage, especially if they keep killing Jango and Boba and they revive. A different mechanic for sure. Going to be challenging to find a place for it though.

Maybe TW offense? Your team may not be strong enough to kill the other team, but just by dying you are going to stack 5 TDs on each enemy - and that should kill a few... Hmmm..