Kit Reveal: Jango Fett

Replies

• Am I the only one thinking he'd also do well with an empire/palp team? All those debuffs would be nasty.
  • Kerrigan
    54 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Does the burning clause in his leader also apply to raid bosses? That seems rather crazy... Bosses are typically immune to things that prevent turn meter gain (shock, daze, etc.). Also, if bosses are now able to have turn meter gain prevented, can those debuffs be enabled for raid bosses? There are a number (one in particular actually... and we all know who it is...) of kits that are crippled without the ability to inflict those debuffs.
  • So when's Jango Fett's Slave 1 coming? :p
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Oh my, THAT contract reward :o
    love it, btw

I don't know all other Payouts last until end of battle. If you are in a Territory Battles CM and gain the payout early on, it's useless on the final wave where you will want it the most
  • His kit seems like it was designed for a legendary
  • Would each thermal detonator exploding count as damage to the contract? That could help get it even faster.
  • He must destroy jtr squads with that burning stopping TM gain, no?
  • Yo that contract is wild... by far the most op one, free revive and crit chance for everyone plus the offense for them from his lead, dope asf
  • So is this a legendary or a marquee
  • I would assume marquee. Jango seems like a weird legendary character to me. He wasn't that legendary.
  • The devs and game changers have been specifically quiet on whether Jango is a marquee or not compared to previous toons. Therefore we can assume he is not a marquee and is either a legendary or a new type.
  • Varlie wrote: »
    Oh my, THAT contract reward :o
    love it, btw

I don't know all other Payouts last until end of battle. If you are in a Territory Battles CM and gain the payout early on, it's useless on the final wave where you will want it the most

BHs in TB is just like get payout as quickly as possible because it stays till the end of battle.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Carrie strongly insinuated he was a Marquee on Reddit not long ago.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Allegedly and per Reddit, one of the videos claims there will be other ways to get his shards but I refuse to watch those videos so I can't relay beyond that.
  • I would assume marquee. Jango seems like a weird legendary character to me. He wasn't that legendary.

He had hundreds of thousands of copies of himself made... sounds pretty legendary to me.
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    I would assume marquee. Jango seems like a weird legendary character to me. He wasn't that legendary.

He had hundreds of thousands of copies of himself made... sounds pretty legendary to me.
    Ehh give me Boba over Jango.
  • I'll give them this - they knew a lot of people wanted Jango really, really badly, and would be seriously unhappy if his kit wasn't amazing - and they nailed that one. His kit is really, really good, and bounty hunters will be a serious force now.

I won't mind if he ends up being another marquee character, but I've heard he might be arriving in some other kind of event. Either way I'm looking forward to it!!
  • Did we not get a message from the devs saying they understood our burnout and frustration on Marquee toons?! So now the devs just lie to us?
  • srfen74 wrote: »
    Did we not get a message from the devs saying they understood our burnout and frustration on Marquee toons?! So now the devs just lie to us?

No, it's more like Carrie covering their buns by saying that while it's true they acknowledged there were too many Marquees and there would be impending Legendaries and Journeys, that didn't mean they would be happening with the next immediately released toons.

FWIW, this was also posted on Reddit right after that pixel image and Jango speculation reached a fever pitch.

It's not hard to draw the conclusion.

At least one final marquee remains and we're looking at him.
  • Another Marquee to sit unused until farmable
  • Regardless, Its still subterfuge, and yet another statement by CG that they desire $ over loyalty. If he ends up yet another Marquee/HN only toon, screw him I'll wait patiently for Revan :neutral:
  • Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Another Marquee to sit unused until farmable

I'm using Bastila and she's not farmable yet.
  • Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Thank you devs....
  • After thinking about it for a bit, i actually think the best squad to use against Traya doesn't include all bounty hunters. I think a Jango Fett lead with Qi'ra, Enfys Nest, Boba Fett and Greedo would be the best counter. The turn order you want is:

1st: Enfys Nest (more easy to go first now with the +30 speed boost and open with AOE daze and TM removal)
    2nd: Qi'ra (apply Stagger to everyone with her AOE special)
    3rd: Jango Fett (aoe with burning + -25% max health for hitting a debuffed person + triggers contract)
    4th: Boba Fett (aoe ability block + triggers Jango's contract)
    5th: Greedo (remove buffs andTM and stun and give everyone else crit chance up)

by this point you have reduced a lot of TM on their team and you are almost done with the contract. Enfy's Nest was already one of the fastest characters and with the extra +30 speed, she's even faster! AOE with daze prevents counter attacks and TM gain plus the 20% TM removal chance is really good. Qi'ra putting stagger on people reduces their TM to zero once Jango hits them with his aoe.

and are you maybe thinking how are these debuffs going to all be applied? Qi'ra has a really sneaky good unique ability and when combo'd with Jango's lead its devestating: Qi'ra gains +40% potency against enemies without a debuff and shares half that with other scoundrels. That with -40% tenacity from jango's lead makes the enemies have a low chance of resisting the Daze from Enfys and TM removal. if they are debuffed, Qi'ras unique gives bonus to crit damage.
  • Who asked for another marquee? Jango deserves better. And his kit looks good.
  • Another Marquee Event
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Haha. 3* attackers never shine. So forget Jango if he really is a marquee.
    Don't think they really resales him as a marquee. Would be one of the worst moves they ever did...

Churrit would like to have a word with you
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Wow...he's amazing. Been waiting for him since launch....and it looks like he's a marquee. Because of course he is. I had 40k crystals saved up but burned them all for the KOTOR toons to prep for Malak/Revan, assuming that Jango would be LEGENDARY (as he should be).

So of course he is looking like a pay to play toon. All those years waiting....for nothing.
    be grateful for what you have, eh?

At least you don’t have to wait any longer. YOU spent those 40k crystals so it’s on you that you can’t max him out at 7* on release assuming it’s following marquee

Should’ve waited bit more huh?

KOTOR toons have solid kit so it’s not a total loss
  • BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Wait....does the non-revive if killed on his turn apply to Zombie? If so, I’m in trouble...
  • Can I just say how grateful I am that I've been gearing up 5 BH and will now have to remove 1, stop gearing him, and gear up Jango instead? OR how grateful I am that I wasted a zeta on Bossk's leadership, since Jango's leadership is superior and he would be wasted as a side-toon?

I wish I'd known this was coming - I wouldn't've wasted the zeta on Bossk and the time gearing up Greedo, who's going to sit it out now. =/