Kit Reveal: Jango Fett

Replies

• srfen74 wrote: »
    Did we not get a message from the devs saying they understood our burnout and frustration on Marquee toons?! So now the devs just lie to us?

No. I have to say really enjoy Carrie. She seems to be straight up and tells it like it is. She said on reddit... that based off data ppl liked marquees. So they gave more marquees but she has seen the error in this and will probably not run it like this again. There are legendary and hj “like” events coming in their 2nd half of the year.

Also good to remember Carrie has the CG in front of her name.EA is another entity that likely has a quiet say in things.

As soon as the hints were pushed out Carrie did come on the forums letting us know it most likely would be a marquee.
  • If you have zam and Greedo under Jango. Does their aoe count towards his bounty? Are tds on top of tds “damage” or more importantly would they count towards the payout?

I wouldn't expect landing a TD to count because it does no damage and the Bounty requires damage.

Now get Zam on a roll and you can maybe get it done quick.

That’s what I thought as well. But was hoping to get that bounty off quick. Ty
  • What is damage immunity? Is this a new buff? Or do you mean crit damage immunity?
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    What is damage immunity? Is this a new buff? Or do you mean crit damage immunity?

According to Ahnald's GC vid, it's a completely new buff that does exactly what it sounds like; it makes Jango immune to damage for two turns. I'm curious though, does it count as a unique buff, or can it be copied by people like GMY and Fulcrum?
  • Varlie wrote: »
    Oh my, THAT contract reward :o
    love it, btw

I don't know all other Payouts last until end of battle. If you are in a Territory Battles CM and gain the payout early on, it's useless on the final wave where you will want it the most

Sorry if i wasn't much clear. I meant the reward for the leadership contract, not his own payout.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • He really should be not marque, its gonna be stupid to see arena run by four star Basts/Jango's with literal seven star Trayas in the mix. Though at four star or even three star Jango will be useless besides for his leader, as proven time and time again that you need seven stars to be arena viable unless something like Bast happens who is not needed for speed or damage, Bast works cause you never use her in the fight. You want to use Jango however.

Also makes him useless in raids too since he needs to be seven star to be useful there. I guess its just more "lets milk whales more" while leaving f2p people in the dust.
  • I would assume marquee. Jango seems like a weird legendary character to me. He wasn't that legendary.

He got his head cut off by mace windu. That seems very legendary to me.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Gorem wrote: »
    as proven time and time again that you need seven stars to be arena viable unless...

You say that like it hasn't also been proven time and time again that a properly geared and modded 4/5* is perfectly viable for competitive Arena when surrounded by the right squad.

I can't speak for your Shard but I'm on a launch Shard and I routinely see the newest hot Meta defining Marquee inserted into rotations and working.

Now I'm not saying this in defense of the institution, because I've been a champion of the Hunters long before their reworks and I would love to wrap them up.

I'm not spending on this, but I'll wait just like everybody else and if I can fit him in to a revamped Arena Squad then I will do it as well.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    I would assume marquee. Jango seems like a weird legendary character to me. He wasn't that legendary.

Legendary for Mace Windu haha
  • srfen74 wrote: »
    Did we not get a message from the devs saying they understood our burnout and frustration on Marquee toons?! So now the devs just lie to us?

No, it's more like Carrie covering their buns by saying that while it's true they acknowledged there were too many Marquees and there would be impending Legendaries and Journeys, that didn't mean they would be happening with the next immediately released toons.

FWIW, this was also posted on Reddit right after that pixel image and Jango speculation reached a fever pitch.

It's not hard to draw the conclusion.

At least one final marquee remains and we're looking at him.

Or at least - not going to be a legendary...
    That doesn't mean marquee for sure. New TB character perhaps-
    Or tomorrow they could announce the legandary coming up in 4 weeks.
  • poodletron wrote: »
    I don’t care about any of this. WHERE IS KI ADI-MUNDI?

Preach !!!!

• Ryanwhales wrote: »
    I would assume marquee. Jango seems like a weird legendary character to me. He wasn't that legendary.

Legendary for Mace Windu haha

Yeah, too bad Jango Fett (game version) will probably be able to whup Mace Windu (game version) up and down the arena. If only Mace Windu were the head-chopping type in SWGOH... so sad...
  • when will he be available?
  • terascque
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just curious am I the only one who thinks it stinks that he is a BH but his leadership ability is for scoundrels?

What kind of goofy mixed squad am I bringing to the table?

His payout only effects other BHs. So I am going to have some scoundrels, and get some benefit for them.

Then I am going to have some BHs and also only get partial benefit from them

Seems like half strength synergy to me.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Does the burning clause in his leader also apply to raid bosses? That seems rather crazy... Bosses are typically immune to things that prevent turn meter gain (shock, daze, etc.). Also, if bosses are now able to have turn meter gain prevented, can those debuffs be enabled for raid bosses? There are a number (one in particular actually... and we all know who it is...) of kits that are crippled without the ability to inflict those debuffs.

Furious Foe says that a boss's turn meter gain can't be prevented. So a raid boss can take burning (just will be reduced damage like with R2's burning and all other %health effects) but the 5% on damage and any other bonus tm will still happen. Still seems like a pretty good STR toon though.
  • terascque wrote: »
    Just curious am I the only one who thinks it stinks that he is a BH but his leadership ability is for scoundrels?

What kind of goofy mixed squad am I bringing to the table?

His payout only effects other BHs. So I am going to have some scoundrels, and get some benefit for them.

Then I am going to have some BHs and also only get partial benefit from them

Seems like half strength synergy to me.

Bounty Hunters are Scoundrels, so they will get 100% of his leadership.
  • Someone will correct me if Im wrong. But his leader ability, enemies have -20% potentcy per BH with a debuff. So, 5 BHs, -100% potency? What would that do to Raid Nihiulus Force drain?
  • Someone will correct me if Im wrong. But his leader ability, enemies have -20% potentcy per BH with a debuff. So, 5 BHs, -100% potency? What would that do to Raid Nihiulus Force drain?

Absolutely nothing.
  • He seems to be a good counter to Resistence and First Order squads that rely a lot on landing debuffs and TM gains. Also Empire/Sith squads.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    EA is another entity that likely has a quiet say in things.

Not just a "quiet say" mate, not remotely.

• The TDs may contribute when they detonate. But the biggest benefit is that they will keep enemies debuffed long enough to score the payout.
  • No more debuffs just sliding off jtr, can't wait
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    srfen74 wrote: »

Only if you ignore the second part where they said that they already had some marquees scheduled that they couldn't change.

But ignoring things like that seems to be a skill people on these forums have mastered.
  • Marquis?

Wow

What a bargain!
  • Cad Bane could actually become relevant under this lead. Once the payout goes off he'll have like 85% base crit chance, will reduce his cooldowns, gain turn meter on crit hits, stun and remove large chunks of protection, and inflict td on evasions. Could be interesting especially against bastilla.
  • Wait....does the non-revive if killed on his turn apply to Zombie? If so, I’m in trouble...

@BalecGonJinn Not likely. Nothing else that prevents revive stops zombie reviving (see: annihilate, execute, deathmark, dying whilst isolated etc).
  • So after studying the information....

Leadership zeta and..burning..

Anti TM

He will be hated by Rey and Finn teams. Huge addition.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    After thinking about it for a bit, i actually think the best squad to use against Traya doesn't include all bounty hunters. I think a Jango Fett lead with Qi'ra, Enfys Nest, Boba Fett and Greedo would be the best counter. The turn order you want is:

1st: Enfys Nest (more easy to go first now with the +30 speed boost and open with AOE daze and TM removal)
    2nd: Qi'ra (apply Stagger to everyone with her AOE special)
    3rd: Jango Fett (aoe with burning + -25% max health for hitting a debuffed person + triggers contract)
    4th: Boba Fett (aoe ability block + triggers Jango's contract)
    5th: Greedo (remove buffs andTM and stun and give everyone else crit chance up)

by this point you have reduced a lot of TM on their team and you are almost done with the contract. Enfy's Nest was already one of the fastest characters and with the extra +30 speed, she's even faster! AOE with daze prevents counter attacks and TM gain plus the 20% TM removal chance is really good. Qi'ra putting stagger on people reduces their TM to zero once Jango hits them with his aoe.

and are you maybe thinking how are these debuffs going to all be applied? Qi'ra has a really sneaky good unique ability and when combo'd with Jango's lead its devestating: Qi'ra gains +40% potency against enemies without a debuff and shares half that with other scoundrels. That with -40% tenacity from jango's lead makes the enemies have a low chance of resisting the Daze from Enfys and TM removal. if they are debuffed, Qi'ras unique gives bonus to crit damage.

very interesting idea. the main flaws I see in all of this against the current meta
    1. you are going to give traya crazy bonus protection 20+ debuffs = 200%+ bonus protection
    2. nest and Greedo counter attack. they are going to get debuffed and when they do and counter attack it will just heal the sith
    3. Greedo giving buffs to others out of turn, this can be controlled but giving crit chance up will give them all - 50% offense, again can be controlled but hurts.
    4. traya and sion have gained 4+ debuffs each giving DN 240% max health
  • EA is another entity that likely has a quiet say in things.

Not just a "quiet say" mate, not remotely.

Quiet to us. But you are right. I meant more so like there’s no EA_Anyone on here saying anything to us.
  • scuba wrote: »
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    After thinking about it for a bit, i actually think the best squad to use against Traya doesn't include all bounty hunters. I think a Jango Fett lead with Qi'ra, Enfys Nest, Boba Fett and Greedo would be the best counter. The turn order you want is:

1st: Enfys Nest (more easy to go first now with the +30 speed boost and open with AOE daze and TM removal)
    2nd: Qi'ra (apply Stagger to everyone with her AOE special)
    3rd: Jango Fett (aoe with burning + -25% max health for hitting a debuffed person + triggers contract)
    4th: Boba Fett (aoe ability block + triggers Jango's contract)
    5th: Greedo (remove buffs andTM and stun and give everyone else crit chance up)

by this point you have reduced a lot of TM on their team and you are almost done with the contract. Enfy's Nest was already one of the fastest characters and with the extra +30 speed, she's even faster! AOE with daze prevents counter attacks and TM gain plus the 20% TM removal chance is really good. Qi'ra putting stagger on people reduces their TM to zero once Jango hits them with his aoe.

and are you maybe thinking how are these debuffs going to all be applied? Qi'ra has a really sneaky good unique ability and when combo'd with Jango's lead its devestating: Qi'ra gains +40% potency against enemies without a debuff and shares half that with other scoundrels. That with -40% tenacity from jango's lead makes the enemies have a low chance of resisting the Daze from Enfys and TM removal. if they are debuffed, Qi'ras unique gives bonus to crit damage.

very interesting idea. the main flaws I see in all of this against the current meta
    1. you are going to give traya crazy bonus protection 20+ debuffs = 200%+ bonus protection
    2. nest and Greedo counter attack. they are going to get debuffed and when they do and counter attack it will just heal the sith
    3. Greedo giving buffs to others out of turn, this can be controlled but giving crit chance up will give them all - 50% offense, again can be controlled but hurts.
    4. traya and sion have gained 4+ debuffs each giving DN 240% max health

Ah Traya teams, where strategies go to die...