Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Prev13456715
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi folks,

We revealed Jango Fett’s kit today and we wanted to put the speculation about his event to rest.

Jango Fett will be introduced as a Marquee event with some additional tiers and rewards. While it is at its core a Marquee, the extra Tiers reward some of the most sought after gear, such as Carbantis, and Mod Slicing salvage if you are level 50+.

As Carrie has discussed previously, we are working to change the upcoming schedule so there aren’t as many Marquees, but this isn’t something that can happen over night. We’ve rearranged our schedule to earlier introduce some characters through other event types so we can break up the Marquee cadence.

In the meantime, stay tuned for our next character reveal. It’s not a Marquee…

DEV POST

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    They keep releasing gobs of content and toons that will eventually become free. Why would people complain about this? I dont understand.

Because they it them now and dont want to wait while someone else spends money to get it now. It's the everyone should be able to get the same stuff argument. And the forums make it easy to complain.

Everything in life works this way. Companies sell things to stay in business. If they didnt make money they would close up shop and not sell things anymore. I agree that EA makes a ton of money. But each game is a separate business that has it's own profit margin that it needs to meet. So if SWGOH sees a decline EA cuts their budget. A budget cut would mean less content and developers.

They have to create a steady source of income to not only justify that amount of work they put into this but also to keep their jobs for said work.

In every other aspect of life I know that if I want something out of my price range I either need to save money, wait for it go on sale or I just dont get it. The great thing about this game is the worst case scenario is just waiting.

Never once have I gone into a store and complained to the staff that someone else was able to get something that i couldn't afford.
  • Par for the course since Carrie arrived. Last legendary almost a full year ago...BB-8 released on 9/28.

Carrie wasn’t brought in to help fix community or improve game. She was here to help them further monetize the game...

I expected a marquee and I’m not shocked. Just not sure why I bother anymore. Grind grind grind, no reward...
  • Lol of course he is.... hopefully it’s at least a fully crafted carbanti and some gold salvage... also I wonder who the “it’s not a marquee” toon is.
  • Do you know what worst part about this is? They dont care what we think about it
  • Carbantis and slice salvage....translated to mean 3 carbantis and 1 slice salvage piece to be used on a grey mod. You sure do know what your customers want.
  • RelentlessEternity
    443 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Another moneyquee event. Who would have thought?!?
  • I'll go ahead and be the oddball, here. We're getting extra rewards, and a guarantee that the next character isn't a marquee release. Complain if you want, but I won't be joining in. I'm satisfied with this one.
  • After this many marquee toons, I really don't care what else they have.
  • Dear lord...
  • Sarith_LeKit
    258 posts Member
    edited September 2018

Do you really think that whales out there will miss out on character like this just so us F2P players would get some kind of justice? :D
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • I'm not complaining. At least they realize marquee events have run their course and are looking into other options.
  • Lrrr wrote: »
    Par for the course since Carrie arrived. Last legendary almost a full year ago...BB-8 released on 9/28.

Carrie wasn’t brought in to help fix community or improve game. She was here to help them further monetize the game...

I expected a marquee and I’m not shocked. Just not sure why I bother anymore. Grind grind grind, no reward...

This. It’s just not fun anymore.
  • lol "can't happen over night".. haven't you been paying attention to the upset about marquees for the past several MONTHS?
  • Manowar wrote: »
    I'm not complaining. At least they realize marquee events have run their course and are looking into other options.

They realized that too many marquees are bad, but we will still get marquee events
  • here I was hoping there was a shred of decency left in you guys but it appears that greed has prevailed.
  • This is seriously uncool.
  • yuck...thanks for nothing
  • Garbage. Here’s a new squad, they’re great but you can’t have them at high stars, which is needed for where they’re needed the most(HSR), for a year, unless you pay for them, which would be OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Wish they would just delay his release and make it legendary
  • Striker32017
    50 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    If they plan so far in advance did they all have a giant brain fart when they said no more Marquee events? How many times did they lie and say they heard our complaints? They say they will fix thing but never do.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Tf was the point in all that teaser stuff if they were just going to dump another marquee on us?
  • And people wonder why the devs barely talk on here, they are up the creek if they do, and up the creek if they don’t.

Shame on y’all , they are changing to accommodate the outspoken crying over marquees, Things are changing, be glad for that, it’s beyond silly to kvetch over the time it takes to implement your personal pet peeve / desires in a game.

Let’s try cautious optimism about a change to new char release styles, there’s an interesting idea .
  • What a joke.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Marquees=$. Their not going anywhere anytime soon.

From what carrie said, I guess you are right they are not going away but they will be to a lesser extent as we get into the events that will require the new toons.

OP, I hate to break it to you, it's not likely to not be a marquee. They bastilla said this already in the other post about the images.

Why should we ever believe that Carrie & co give a crap about anything that benefits us?
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi folks,

We revealed Jango Fett’s kit today and we wanted to put the speculation about his event to rest.

Jango Fett will be introduced as a Marquee event with some additional tiers and rewards. While it is at its core a Marquee, the extra Tiers reward some of the most sought after gear, such as Carbantis, and Mod Slicing salvage if you are level 50+.

As Carrie has discussed previously, we are working to change the upcoming schedule so there aren’t as many Marquees, but this isn’t something that can happen over night. We’ve rearranged our schedule to earlier introduce some characters through other event types so we can break up the Marquee cadence.

In the meantime, stay tuned for our next character reveal. It’s not a Marquee…

DEV POST

Ugh, Carrie hasn't discussed anything on here in about a year, so we don't know what @CG_Carrie has said. Please elaborate @CG_SBCrumb

As we have mentioned in the Nightsister Acolyte thread, CG is never on here to communicate with us besides just dumping a thread and getting the hell out of here as fast as they can without replying to people.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Tf was the point in all that teaser stuff if they were just going to dump another marquee on us?

They're bringing it back in general so all future releases will be teased in such a manner
  • Be a TB or TW reward toon... if TW ensure all the whale guilds get first... all the weak guilds second and all the middle guilds get last since your always fighting whale guilds and not proper matchups...

TB would be just whoever Is in a good guild... prob ruin guilds even more...

Legendary with ship node farms... everyone would be able to farm by 2030

Marquee whales get and destroy everyone for 10 months ( or 2 weeks when next OP toon released)

Ship raid.... would like

Being serious i could care less how its released as long as not attached to TW the matchmaking is sooo horrendous and pathetic all it would do is cause more whining and crying and disgust and hatred... devs would probably love that tho....

The right answer is “ we shall see Xur... We shall see”
  • It's not that I dont believe the devs, it's that I don't believe the devs.

I mean, when you say we re changing our schedule and it doesn't happen overnight...that's like my daughter blowing off family time and saying her changing plans with her friends doesn't happen overnight. That's a **** cop out excuse and you guys know it especially since people have been complaining about the marquee overload for months now. So don't hand us this crap about stuff doesn't happen overnight when you have had months and don't insult our intelligence either with thinly veiled poorly thought out excuses.

You need to overload people with garbage marquee events to make money to make your bosses happy then fine, it's a business but at least have the decency to be honest about it and say sorry our hands are tied, we all answer to someone, we re trying but its about the bottom line at the end of the day.
This discussion has been closed.