Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• medioXcore wrote: »
    Ok. But I think you should know that this upcoming marquee, and probably the one after that, have been preplanned on a set schedule. Carrie has said they know the fan base isn’t happy about it, but by the time they found out, things were already developed. It’s just a game, bud.

She doesn’t really care, none of them do. They made $12 mil in revenues last month so they know a few people getting angry on the message boards doesn’t mean squat
  • The post is even trolling us about more marquee coming.

And when they say, they plan in advance, that just mean that they were really only planning marquee this year.

No new contents. No legendary. No nee TB or TW concepts.

Just marquee after marquee after marquee.

Come on, you can do better than this!
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Ok I’m not even that mad that he is another marquee. Soon and nihilus are top ten toons easily, and they were both marquee. What I care about is the disrespect that this throws into the player base. Jango has been a long sought after addition to this game for years now, so at the very least he could be a TW reward or something. This is just [unintelligent]. The hint for the next marquee toon doesn’t have me excited at all, because the only releases that could ever top jango are revan, ROTJ Luke, and maybe clone wars maul, although I don’t think they’d use that many big names so quickly, although they’ve made worse decisions (this). I’m tired of marquees. I’m tired of two star characters. Put someone in a frikin’ shop. I’d rather do a full shard shop farm at this point (although if they did that, it’s be as bad as grievous is/was) than farm another hard node for 6 months. I have four toons I’m farming right now, with more in fleet. I have more lined up after that, and after that there’ll probably be more. They told us that they were done with hard node farms, and even manufacture some **** about a legendary coming up. Then they tease a big character, everyone thinks it’s jango, then they say it’s a marquee? Well, we all assume that it isn’t jango because who in their right mind would toss away a big deal like that into a marquee trash can? The devs apparently. Then then manufacture more **** with these “bonus tiers...” oooh some carbantis. I’d rather wait another month to get a legendary jango that’s have him at three stars till next year.

Not putting new toons in the stores is my biggest complaint with this game, hands down. Make the stores great again!
  • A company trying to make money out of their product ? How immoral ! Modern robber barons.
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    Makes absolutely no sense to not tell everyone he was going to be marquee when his kit was revealed. Devs are just trying to **** everyone off.
    They literally told you 2 hours after the kit reveal :/

My point is they've known jango was a toon that alot of people wanted. They've also acknowledged that some of the player base is upset with marquees. They could have got out in front of this and told everybody when they posted the teaser that the new toon would be marquee.
  • VictorHugo wrote: »
    A company trying to make money out of their product ? How immoral ! Modern robber barons.

Because packs for legendary wouldnt make money and making jango a legendary wouldnt make player base satisfied?
  • VictorHugo wrote: »
    A company trying to make money out of their product ? How immoral ! Modern robber barons.

Hey, I’m all for capitalism, but at least be transparent about it instead of feeding us **** and going back on your word
  • Stop the whinging, all you lot complaining about marquees. Marquee release is fine, it's the single hard node farm that makes it unappealing.

You think legendaries are any less of a cash grab? If so, you are either new or have a short memory.

Be careful what you wish for. Oh noes, marquees are bad! Well, things could be worse. Remember what happened when all we wanted was challenge gear removed from raids? It got worse and so too can character release become worse.

Marquees aren't the problem, single node farms are! Open up the shops, CG. Put more toons in Galactic War shop, etc.
  • This is disappointing. Why are you disappointing us? Stop it or you will ruin everything you’ve created for ALL of us.
  • A lot of people in the community was waiting for that character more than two years, that’s a bad decission and a sad day for the game. You’re going to loose a lot of players who feel cheated like me.
    We don’t need those teases for a marquee.
    If you respect the community stop the event and make Jango legendary
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Makes absolutely no sense to not tell everyone he was going to be marquee when his kit was revealed. Devs are just trying to **** everyone off.

My point is they've known jango was a toon that alot of people wanted. They've also acknowledged that some of the player base is upset with marquees. They could have got out in front of this and told everybody when they posted the teaser that the new toon would be marquee.

They should have delayed someone like Jango (and when i say someone like Jango, I mean fan favourite) for a 2 or 3 weeks and release him as legendary.
    Ultra wrote: »

Maybe you dont think he should be legendary because he is not your type of character but imagine if they released jedi luke as marquee because it was allready on schedule as a marquee. Would that be good enough explaination for you
  • OnEMesSduPKiD
    669 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    After the endless onslaught of marquee characters, please be reasonable with the next legendary or whatever you’re doing. No outrageous requirements like 3-4 whale characters all placed on hard and cantina nodes. We’ve all been paralyzed by not being able to use new toons until months in the future. Throw us a bone. Convince me to spend a little money again.
  • I’ve been quiet since ships 2.0, I’ve thought out every little bump in this road and given them the benefit of the doubt. I’ve been content with the marquees so far, I liked mods 2.0 (to an extent), but come the frick on. Jango Fett is one of if not the most highly anticipated toon behind revan. This is insulting. The devs claim it’s because everything was preplanned and cant be change over night. Whatever.
    But who plans for Jango freaking Fett to be in a marquee? This would have been [unintelligent] before all the other marquees, but this is just basically that times 6. Or 5. Who cares Point is it’s worse. The only things that can save the devs in my eyes are a really bad A grievous rework or another great release.

I hope these “non marquee” releases are really special because this is infuriating. Pay attention to your customers and plan ahead. Please. I don’t want to hat this game, but it’s getting harder and harder. I almost quit a few weeks ago for personal reasons. Now I might quit for these marquees.
    If you share these opinions, please make your voices heard.
  • They don’t care, the whales will always spend the money and they let us vent on the boards, they’ll feed us the “we’re listing” line over and over and do nothing
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    They don’t care, the whales will always spend the money and they let us vent on the boards, they’ll feed us the “we’re listing” line over and over and do nothing
    I know man, that’s why I’m begging lol.

• No they wouldn't, since BH have been farmable for ages.
    The only other juicy option was to make Embo Bossk and Aurra specific required toons, which would have led to an even worse backlash.
  • this game should be under the definition of prisoner's dilemma

if everyone wants marquees to stop, then stop buying $10 (or whatever) packs! it makes the game a lot of money and most likely has upped the average periodic spend compared to when they had the crystal subscription. if you stop buying those packs, then marquees will stop. but you won't, because you will act in your own self interest and fuel your desire to be ahead of the next player...
  • I don't think the pic is Jango. Why would you do a kit reveal on the 11th if your advertising something on the 12th?

It would be a great way to spoil your reveal.
  • Who wanted Jango to be another marquee?
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Corrog wrote: »
    I'll go ahead and be the oddball, here. We're getting extra rewards, and a guarantee that the next character isn't a marquee release. Complain if you want, but I won't be joining in. I'm satisfied with this one.

How satisfied are you going to be when that legendary character is Maul, someone who only appeared in the solo movie for a wopping 30 seconds. They are making a legendary character a marque and a margue character legendary for the soul purpose of forcing us to farm two hard node characters.

Why does ANYONE have faith in these people to do the right thing? How long ago we're we promised fixes to the sith raid? Over a month ago? What do they do first? They announce a marque character that should be a legendary character that is going to invalidate their shiny new raid character. If their idea of fixing the sith raid was to completely disinsentvise me from build hSTR then congrates. Mission accomplished.
    Post edited by Madpup on
  • Corrog wrote: »
    I'll go ahead and be the oddball, here. We're getting extra rewards, and a guarantee that the next character isn't a marquee release. Complain if you want, but I won't be joining in. I'm satisfied with this one.

How satisfied are you going to be when that legendary character is Maul, someone who only appeared in the solo movie for a wopping 30 seconds. They are making a legendary character a marque and a margue character legendary for the soul purpose of forcing us to farm two hard node characters.

Why does ANYONE have faith in these people to do the right thing? How long ago we're we promised fixes to the sith raid? Over a month ago? What do they do first? They announce a marque character that should be a legendary character that is going to invalidate their shiny new raid character. If their idea of fixing the sith raid was to completely disinsentvise me from build hSTR then congrates. Mission accomplished.
  • I understand it s all Carrie fault....

Well @Carrie or anyone who should think responsible for the money mess this game has become... Please ask yourself if that s what really you are supposed to do.

Ok a company is profit orientated but it s should also be quality and service minded...

Hope you feel good about messing with your players (and clients)
  • I understand it s all Carrie fault....

Well @Carrie or anyone who should think responsible for the money mess this game has become... Please ask yourself if that s what really you are supposed to do.

Ok a company is profit orientated but it s should also be quality and service minded...

Hope you feel good about messing with your players (and clients)
  • All seriousness, the only problem with marquees is when you guys release a bunch of characters at once as you did with the Solo characters and these new Bounty Hunters. Meter them out a little better so that platoons aren't totally messed up and so farming them is easier once they hit the tables and it's fine.

As I said in the thread I made a couple months ago, Marquees own bones. They're so much fairer than previous release structures and strike a good balance between free and paying players. Would I like characters to be released directly to shops? Of course. But I don't expect that in the slightest because it would so negatively impact revenue. This is the fairest middle ground that benefits everyone.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • All seriousness, the only problem with marquees is when you guys release a bunch of characters at once as you did with the Solo characters and these new Bounty Hunters. Meter them out a little better so that platoons aren't totally messed up and so farming them is easier once they hit the tables and it's fine.

As I said in the thread I made a couple months ago, Marquees own bones. They're so much fairer than previous release structures and strike a good balance between free and paying players. Would I like characters to be released directly to shops? Of course. But I don't expect that in the slightest because it would so negatively impact revenue. This is the fairest middle ground that benefits everyone.
  • all the jango marquee threads are gone!
  • Coran_Horn
    58 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I understand it s all Carrie fault or whoever decided the last changes of directions....

Well @Carrie or anyone who should think themselves responsible for the money mess this game has become... Please ask yourself if that s what really you are supposed to do.

Ok a company is profit orientated, but it is should also be quality and service minded...

Hope you feel good about messing with your players (and clients). I am actually sure most of the team wants to bring a good game ; and I am quite sure this is also a source of tension internally. Make changes
  • Moreau777
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This is an absolute betrayal of the fans. Jango's kit is good enough to be legendary, therefore he should be treated as such. Instead, it's just another cash grab from CG, boy like that's something new. Us fans have been incredably loyal to this game because we love Star Wars and what this game has provided to us in the past. Now when I log on it seems I'm slapped in the face with one marquee toon after another. Another 6 month 20 energy farm, another few months for the toon to be released in the first place. Really CG? Come on, stop ignoring the people who play your game! Plus, to add insult to injury, Jango was one of the most highly requested characters from the community, and what do they give us, another marquee. Please CG, make him a legendary unlock.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • They clearly aren't a fan of the responses in here, but i'm not really sure what they were expecging...

michael.jpg

This discussion has been closed.