Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• All the hype for another marquee. BOOOOOO!!! You are not listening CG.
  • Jango as a marquee is really a missed chance. I honestly believe Jango would never have been introduced to this game if not for all the people here wanting him. This would’ve been a good bone to throw the community.

But! It does clear up somethings. BH redux seems to be over with Jango. The whole problem of opposite factions and Jango is resolved. So the next toon to be released not a marquee but prob legendary- will be unlocked by solo toons.

Pero like - if you can’t change the timing of marquees why can you change the extra rewards and stages with them? Why not have them for all marquees?
  • Jango for legendary or riot!!
  • Moreau777
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Too late...

This is an absolute betrayal of the fans. Jango's kit is good enough to be legendary, therefore he should be treated as such. Instead, it's just another cash grab from CG, boy like that's something new. Us fans have been incredably loyal to this game because we love Star Wars and what this game has provided to us in the past. Now when I log on it seems I'm slapped in the face with one marquee toon after another. Another 6 month 20 energy farm, another few months for the toon to be released in the first place. Really CG? Come on, stop ignoring the people who play your game! Plus, to add insult to injury, Jango was one of the most highly requested characters from the community, and what do they give us, another marquee. Please CG, make him a legendary unlock.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    giphy.gif
  • Who wanted Jango to be another marquee?

*Raises hand*
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ohh Man, this is an inflection point for me. No more money in this game. I'll take a screenshot of his tread to help me remember how insulting for the community this is... all this circus about no more marquees, legendary are coming again, "we leave you clues (all pointing to the stupid jango)", even blur pictures of him, all for another marquee? I bet a lot of people spent money pushing BH up to be "ready" for the implied by you special event ...this is so full of s....
  • VictorHugo wrote: »
    A company trying to make money out of their product ? How immoral ! Modern robber barons.

I'm all about people. Making money I work for tips. But at some point and can't be about the money has to be about the players if you want the money keeping coming in stacks
  • 300 dollars for a toon is a little more than just trying to make money they are robbing us and yes I know I don't need buy them
  • ... and in 3 months he’ll go on a 40 energy hard node after they introduce level 90! Fingers crossed for hard ship node 6H!
  • From 2 pages to 5 posts
  • There having some real fun messing about with these forum posts lol
  • I’ve been quiet since ships 2.0, I’ve thought out every little bump in this road and given them the benefit of the doubt. I’ve been content with the marquees so far, I liked mods 2.0 (to an extent), but come the frick on. Jango Fett is one of if not the most highly anticipated toon behind revan. This is insulting. The devs claim it’s because everything was preplanned and cant be change over night. Whatever.
    But who plans for Jango freaking Fett to be in a marquee? This would have been [unintelligent] before all the other marquees, but this is just basically that times 6. Or 5. Who cares Point is it’s worse. The only things that can save the devs in my eyes are a really bad A grievous rework or another great release.

I hope these “non marquee” releases are really special because this is infuriating. Pay attention to your customers and plan ahead. Please. I don’t want to hat this game, but it’s getting harder and harder. I almost quit a few weeks ago for personal reasons. Now I might quit for these marquees.
    Seriously who planned this cadence? Dump a metric ton of marquees on us, add a whole new form of currency that is completely monetized conveniently, mess up on the rework for cad bane (one of the most anticipated reworks), and then put arguably the most highly anticipated character in the game right now into a marquee.

Seriously though, if they announce that he isn’t a hard node farm all will be forgiven. Or if you rework grievous. Or if this is the worst prank of all time (on one of the worst days of all time) seriously though this timing is all terrible.

If you share these opinions, please make your voices heard.

Please leave this here
  • Thumbs down from me on the Jango marquee. I don't mind marquee events, but his kit is way too good for him to be released in such a way. Should have been a legendary event.
  • terascque wrote: »
    I don't think the pic is Jango. Why would you do a kit reveal on the 11th if your advertising something on the 12th?

It would be a great way to spoil your reveal.

I’m pretty sure it’s Jango...
  • I'm hoping this is a really really really late April fools joke
  • Basically we are always chasing the meta. By the time i finish to gear 12 the triumvirate, they will already be useless and there will already be a better squad like now bounty hunters
  • Moreau777 wrote: »
    Too late...

This is an absolute betrayal of the fans. Jango's kit is good enough to be legendary, therefore he should be treated as such. Instead, it's just another ****ing cash grab from CG, boy like that's something new. Us fans have been incredably loyal to this game because we love Star Wars and what this game has provided to us in the past. Now when I log on it seems I'm slapped in the face with one marquee toon after another. Another 6 month 20 energy farm, another few months for the toon to be released in the first place. Really CG? Come on, stop ignoring the people who play your game! Plus, to add insult to injury, Jango was one of the most highly requested characters from the community, and what do they give us, another marquee. Please CG, make him a legendary unlock.

Unless you want them to disregard you completely, you should stop spamming this.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Moreau777 wrote: »
    Too late...

This is an absolute betrayal of the fans. Jango's kit is good enough to be legendary, therefore he should be treated as such. Instead, it's just another ****ing cash grab from CG, boy like that's something new. Us fans have been incredably loyal to this game because we love Star Wars and what this game has provided to us in the past. Now when I log on it seems I'm slapped in the face with one marquee toon after another. Another 6 month 20 energy farm, another few months for the toon to be released in the first place. Really CG? Come on, stop ignoring the people who play your game! Plus, to add insult to injury, Jango was one of the most highly requested characters from the community, and what do they give us, another marquee. Please CG, make him a legendary unlock.

Unless you want them to disregard you completely, you should stop spamming this.

Kind of hard to figure out if anything you post is getting through when they pause, delete, and merge everything in the forum in the span of 15 minutes.
  • In before delete
  • Bz183 wrote: »
    In before delete

Looks like we’re holding strong so far...
  • Batter down the hatches boys... we're sailing into a storm
  • Keep going EA/CG, you’re on a roll!!!

Can’t believe you deleted this the last time...
  • Benhur wrote: »
    Ohh Man, this is an inflection point for me. No more money in this game. I'll take a screenshot of his tread to help me remember how insulting for the community this is... all this circus about no more marquees, legendary are coming again, "we leave you clues (all pointing to the **** jango)", even blur pictures of him, all for another marquee? I bet a lot of people spent money pushing BH up to be "ready" for the implied by you special event ...this is so full of s....

No need to become rude now (or maybe)....

I am totally aligned with that statement. No more money into the game for my part...
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Bz183 wrote: »
    In before delete

Looks like we’re holding strong so far...

Lol... least we didn't get deleted... but we got moved... Offt...

No they removed this thread for about 15 minutes, then they tried to pause posting until someone review posts, then they just overflowed by merging about 5 different threads together.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Well of course they would make Jango a Marquee, he’s been requested so often that many players have set themselves up for CG to leverage that demand into something more profitable than a Legendary Event

Watch Revan will be a marquee, and people will pay. Then later they will release Darth Revan as a Legendary.

Personally they should just release characters into shipments or packs
    only for crystals if people don’t like the Marquees. Oh wait ... that was how it used to be. There is much to complain about with this game, Jango as a marquee isn’t one of them. And if he was released as a Legendary people would vent that they haven’t 7* Bossk or Zam or who else was needed. As far as I’m concerned it’s a push.

Though I’d be lying if I said I preferred plunking down an extra $300 to the alternative ... but hey ... kit looks good.
  • LtGenStu wrote: »
    I was so happy when Jango was announced. Now I'm sad.

Same, and now I don't care. I'll get him in a few months. May not even play the marquee. There's no point, really. Which is becoming a common theme lately.. Not spending a penny on this game going forward tho. Yay ftp forever!
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Everyone's, "it's better than it used to be so stop complaining," is the worst argument that has ever been made in any given situation in the history of our species. I forgot we shouldn't expect anything to improve because what we currently have is slightly better than what it used to be.
  • If everyone thinks like us, in a year the game will be dead... What a shame for everyone
  • vice wrote: »
    this game should be under the definition of prisoner's dilemma

if everyone wants marquees to stop, then stop buying $10 (or whatever) packs! it makes the game a lot of money and most likely has upped the average periodic spend compared to when they had the crystal subscription. if you stop buying those packs, then marquees will stop. but you won't, because you will act in your own self interest and fuel your desire to be ahead of the next player...

The $9.99 packs aren't really a problem. It's the 1299 crystal gamble packs that go along with the marquees that are the real problem.
This discussion has been closed.