Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• And people wonder why the devs barely talk on here, they are up the creek if they do, and up the creek if they don’t.

Shame on y’all , they are changing to accommodate the outspoken crying over marquees, Things are changing, be glad for that, it’s beyond silly to kvetch over the time it takes to implement your personal pet peeve / desires in a game.

Let’s try cautious optimism about a change to new char release styles, there’s an interesting idea .

More so they had an opportunity to break the monotony of their release cadence. They acknowledged a month ago that we hated the constant marquee-shipments-hard node structure. Yet they did it again.

Is the addition of carbantis and slicing material nice? Yup. But it’s not enough.

Marqueee events themselves are fine. Free character at 3*. Pack for $10 to get to 4*. But the issue is the hard node grind. Players need to be given a GW shipment drop. Arena drops. Whatever. The whole idea of farming a single character for several months isn’t fun. I’m STILL farming Visas after just finishing Sion, DK. I’m also trying to farm Range trooper, Holdo, Bossk, etc.
    There are too many in hard nodes. They’re not maximizing potential revenue and instead are pushing fatigue.

TLDR: they had plenty of time to make Jango legendary to break up the marquee chain. They can still make it right by not putting him on a hard farm.
  • Marquee events are a good thing. Every one gets free shards and stuff. Do you really think they are going to stop releasing new toons? Do you think they will give us less fortunate people free 7 star copys in some Peter pan fantasy event? If everyone keeps complaining we will be lucky if they don't bring back those adronium or whatever packs and you will get nothing free and no fun event to play.

Legendary or Heroes journeys are not free. New ones may very well require the new characters and I would say your an outright liar if you believe most players, especially lower level and mid level, can leverage enough free crystals to pay for the refreshes to get those toons in decent time even if they are on the cantina table. Hence it's still a pay to win even if a few players can earn all the crystals, most players that can will buy vaults of crystals and whale it.

If capitol games is going to release a toon I think Marquees are good. If you can get them to slow down the pace of toon releases ok. If you can get them to give us all a 7 star copy for free maby I am in the Twilight Zone.

I think some new legendary and Hero's Journeys would be good also but I definitely don't believe there free except for a smaller minority.
  • Oh no, not a free 3* character that will probably be perfectly viable at 3*. How terrible.
  • Let’s just get it out of the way now....

The next event that’s not Marquee
    ynhuqao3gix7.jpeg
  • 1 does Jango have his helmet
    2 is Jango a Pilot
    3 will Jango have a Slave 1 with the correct offensive weapons and Boba’s Slave 1 be worked correctly since he modified the ship
  • So the legendary bounty hunter gets a marquee event over a legendary event?
    Why?
  • How is he a huge character? He showed up for like 10 mins and then died.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So, the legendary "Fan fave" Jango is a marque, hahahaha and of course they go and make him META defining too, hahahahaha Man they hate us :D

And that us includes all free players :D

Marque 2.0 inc!
  • Gannon wrote: »
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    I was so happy when Jango was announced. Now I'm sad.

Same, and now I don't care. I'll get him in a few months. May not even play the marquee. There's no point, really. Which is becoming a common theme lately.. Not spending a penny on this game going forward tho. Yay ftp forever!

I'm sorry, but this is just an ignorant thing to say. Go ahead and don't do the marquee, please, by all means. Prove your futile point.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • "we want legendary!": A mode aimed at end game players who have farmed to 7* a particular faction

But:

"We don't want hard node farming!": A mode aimed at end game players who have farmed to 7* and high gear a particular set of toons and ships

And:

"We don't want marquee!": A mode aimed at everyone, but means you get a weaker version of the character to start with

Get over yourselves. Too much gnashing of teeth going on here.
  • Good grief, what was everyone expecting Jango’s event to be? They aren’t going to make a legendary event requiring any 5 bounty hunters (that’s what the galactic bounty events are for...), so who were you expecting the have already farmed up to 7*? Separatists? Yeah, so free Jango for whoever jumped on the bug bandwagon but everyone else would be complaining about how the Legendary was “such a complete cash grab!”
    Marquee is the only event that really makes sense, from the stand point of making a powerful toon be available to lots of people while still not devaluing all the other powerful toons that people have already invested in. I would hate to see an arena super-saturated with 7* Jango teams overnight. That’s what you’d get with free 7* for everyone...
  • How is he a huge character? He showed up for like 10 mins and then died.

Like father, like son.

• Next legendary will require all Solo movie toons, or all Old Republic toons. Everybody has a BH team, they won't be required for a legendary event.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    You guys complain about everything.

And complaining about everything is how we advance as a society, people like you are the real problem, the people who chose to complain at the people wanting things to be better. People like you complain more so then everyone because this complain is literally a complaint at the universe. How dare we seek light or electricity, how dare we invent the internet, mustn't complain about poverty or taxes or ways to prevent death, better to just die from disease then complain about it and get a cure made. <3

First step to realising the future - the moment everyone stops complaining, the moment we stop advancing.

• Big let down....
  • I love new toons, even if they are marquee, but do you know what i HATE SO MUCH? Single node farms.

Give us more farming locations for this new toons (Like Talzin or Wicket) or put them in the old store's.
  • Gorem wrote: »

And complaining about everything is how we advance as a society, people like you are the real problem, the people who chose to complain at the people wanting things to be better. People like you complain more so then everyone because this complain is literally a complaint at the universe. How dare we seek light or electricity, how dare we invent the internet, mustn't complain about poverty or taxes or ways to prevent death, better to just die from disease then complain about it and get a cure made. <3

First step to realising the future - the moment everyone stops complaining, the moment we stop advancing.

Thanks Plato

• I can't believe I'm bothering to write this. It's a sign of how irritated I am, I suppose. I've been playing SWGOH for about 20 months, and this is the first time I've posted anything to these forums.

Issuing Jango Fett as a simple marquee event is a poor decision. Jango is a major figure in the Star Wars franchise. He is not a minor character in the Clone Wars cartoon (like Embo or Cad Bane) or a cameo that has been "filled out" in the Dark Horse comics (like Aura Singh) nor a character whose main (or only) appearance is in a video game from more than a decade past (like Traya, Sion, Bastilla, etc.).

Jango Fett is the major antagonist of one of the Lucas-era Star Wars films. He is THE major antagonist of Episode II, and has more screen time, dialogue, and action sequences than Darth Maul in the Phantom Menace. Far more than the adult Boba Fett in the original trilogy, even without the whole "clone prime imprint"-thang.

Think about that for a moment. We're talking about what sticks in our minds (the fans' minds) regarding the films...the things that fire our interest in games like SWGOH...and Jango has more screen time, and more cache, than MOST of the villains that appear in the Lucas-era films. That is to say, the films that made us fans of the franchise.

Would Padma Amidala be released as a marquee event? Of course not.

Zam Wessel has been a part of the SWGOH game since Bounty Hunters were first released, even though she was a minor BH in the film franchise. Why was she released by herself without her "boss," Jango? I always imagined it was because the powers-that-be were saving him for some later, special event. The father of Boba, the primogenitor of the clones, the main antagonist of Episode II (not Dooku, whose too-brief appearance is one of that film's many stumbling blocks), the star of comics and novels in the secondary SW market. Some of us were excited that the re-vamp of the Bounty Hunter faction heralded the coming of that "special event;" the same way that the re-vamp of classic film characters (Farmboy Luke, Princess Leia, Old Ben, ST Han) heralded the coming of Commander Luke Skywalker.

And some of us have been grinding our butts off in preparation for something other than a simple "marquee" release. Something that makes Jango's acquisition special; something more than another ho-hum character with a huge suite of abilities that will be available to everyone at 3* and farmable only through copious amounts of cash, or a substantial delay and 2-shard/day grind.

I would rather see Jango shards linked to the seven-phase Bounty Hunter title quest, then see the character released as a marquee. At least that would reward those of us who have put in a ton of work on the "little-used-faction" that is the Bounty Hunters.

I'm sorry that my first post to these forums is a complaint. Allow me to take the time to say, I've enjoyed your game these last 20 months or so. I've received quite a bit of entertainment for a fairly minimal expenditure of money. I feel I've given back something with my time, as I've been a guild officer in multiple guilds, encouraged players, provided advice and tips to newbies, and been an example of "what's possible," running high ranking Arena squads with non-meta characters. I've contributed to TBs and helped organize (and win) many TWs and generally been more helpful than not in my small corner of your (no doubt vast) server "universe." I've enjoyed my time in your game.

But doing Jango Fett as the same kind of marquee event that gave us Holdo or Sith Marauder is an irritating choice. Irritating enough that I felt compelled to write this. Jango is not Bossk...a minor cameo with later-added backstory that lent significance to yet another (albeit cool-looking) rubber-faced alien. Releasing him in the same manner is pretty lame and, yes, a wasted opportunity. I realize that latter sentiment has already been expressed in these forums, but it's worth echoing. Does Jango really deserve so much less than Thrawn?

All right...that's all I wanted to say.
  • Gorem wrote: »

Oh wow. I hope this was said in jest. If so, ignore what follows.

If you really care about advancing anything stop complaining, stop saying “people like you are the real problem”, and go make something better than (not *then*) what you are complaining about. Whining and complaining never advanced anything, never won equal rights or a war to stop genocide.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • "Does Jango really deserve so much less than Thrawn?"

Yes.
  • I'm not happy about that but thanks at least to introduce him in the game with a very nice kit.

I can understand that this game is your work and you and your families live with this work but this game start to stress me. I no more see new characters as new possibilities but as a frustration due to the impossibility to use them in TB and HSR (another frustration's cause).

Have a nice day.
  • If you read their release, it’s supposed to not be a normal marquee event

• Ruark_Icefire asked:
    How is he a huge character? He showed up for like 10 mins and then died.

He is the main antagonist of a Lucas-era film. He has more screen time, action sequences, and dialogue than either Darth Maul or Sidious in the first prequel films, and he has been the subject of multiple secondary stories (in comics and novellas). However, he is the driving plot device of Episode II, appearing as the person who gives Zam her assignment (which pushes the plot), provides the clue to the Jedi investigation, acts as the primogenitor of the clone army, has multiple combat sequences (on Kamino, Genesis, in ship-to-ship combat), and appears to be a general badass capable of gunning down Jedi other than masters like Mace Windu (head of the Jedi Order at that time).

Even though Attack of the Clones is a fairly mediocre entry into the film franchise, it was still a big budget film, and he was the main source of conflict for the protagonists throughout. Darth Traya is a minor figure in a decade-old video game and she's harder to acquire.
  • Hello there,

I think the main issue aint the marquee event itself. It is the fact, that afterwards it takes a long time till the char becomes available and then for most players the farm on the hard nodes is a pain or so frustrating that they stop enjoying the game.

For me I just dont like the farming ability after marquees too. It takes just far too much time. And the price of getting a toon to 7* is over the top considering they bring out quite many chars over the last few months and there are still some to come.

I think just because a char is good or very strong doesnt mean he has to go on a hard node straight away. What is the point of that? This just makes the strongest remain the strongest and it widens the gap between the weaker/newer players and the elite.

Why not release at least SOME new strong chars on easier farming places?

Also rebalancing the current farming spots is very important. Why is Baze still on a 9-B farmin spot? Same as Nihilus and others? put these into more easy nodes ,or double nodes or in some of the stores. This way newer players could farm at least some stronger chars more easy to enjoy the game.

And what about the idea of temporary faction based nodes? From time to time CG could put 2-3 chars for example on 1 node so people could improve their chars of one faction for at least 2-4 days.

For example put Embo, Aurra and Bossk on the hard node of bossk for a specified ammount of days. Or ewoks or whatever else there is.

The game is missing diversity. It is always the same and this can be boring.

ALl in all the game made me spend so much time in it, because i love the battles and the fact that it is STAR WARS!

So please people lets start giving the devs some ideas and stop only to complain. And then we cann all form the perfect game for everyone!

May the force be with you!

- Kenobi out -

• Yep, I read the release.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just think how discouraging it is for new players. They can’t even get the 3* versions of the marquees AND it’ll be FOREVER before they can even start the hard node grind to get them. When they do work their way up to the proper node, they start from zero.

This is one one of the things that has got be addressed if CG is going to replace the players that drop off with new blood.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • I thought this would be a page talking about how Jango works and how excited we are for him, not a giant crybaby crib
  • I'm fine with it being a marquee, but the way they built up the tension the past couple of days,even stating his legendary status in the kit reveal it feels like an anti-climax.. too bad, they approached it in the wrong manner
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Meh
This discussion has been closed.