Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• haha EA you are such a disappointment. Nothing new. Rename yourself to mEArquee. And the funniest thing is you saying that you work hard not to introduce too many marquee characters. Unbelievable :)
  • Nema wrote: »
    The title was about jango. They just tried to get some hype.

I figured but still seems likely we are to get a BH based legendary. If not it has to be a Solo legendary as Revan would be too soon. Unless they do a JTR announcement where we know like a month ahead and get to farm for that month.
  • Hanfirst
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I have no issue with marquee toons. The low % drop from crystal buys just means ill never do them and the horrible stuff from most $$ means ill avoid that(yay gets to 4* gear 6... Not worth $14, now if it was the stuff for G6 to G10 that has value, a ton of purple ability mats, omegas, maybe a zeta or crystals, taking the toon to 5* or a ton of credits... So many options)

It would be nice if Marquees can get that final few shards for 4* and guarantee more triangle mods instead of diamond. But if a good number of gear/salvage is now added yay. But if its just 1-2 pieces of salvage when you need 50 then thats really doing the least possible for an improvement. One piece of fully formed carbanti is a nice improved as it seems every toons needs at least 3 if not 10+(Kanan/Zeb) of those between G7 and G12.

Also note when toons would be farmable, please add a new toon to GW store and Cantina currency. A new toon hasnt been added to either since ships came around, being farmable on one light/dark node that has useless gear is what's frustrating. If the node had the useless gear removed for carbatis and even the green +4 speed or +250 health then good, insteads its always the gear everyone level 85+ has 100s stocked up and are rarely needed by toons.
  • Jango?! Wow ... I am so exited ...

Still waiting for Sith Raid Changes!
  • I get where you’re coming from, but the major antagonist of AOTC was Dooku. Jango was popular because, hey, he looks like Boba Fett but with shiny armour! The character himself had little screen time, one cool skirmish with Kenobi, then died mid-way through the film.

You can probably tell I’m not a Jango fan, I’m also not a Revan fan having never played KOTOR (I’m sure it was great, I just missed that era).

I’m old, I’m an original trilogy guy, I’d like to see OT Chewie leading to OT Falcon, but if it’s prequel-related then dark side Anakin in a “Villain’s Journey” with a Padme Legendary preceding it.

Just because a character is popular, or has a cult following, doesn’t mean they’ll be Legendary. I’d also like to remind people of the marquee alternative, the dreaded tournament. It could be worse, and it used to be.
  • My thought is if Boba is a regular character Jango shouldnt be much different. Jango may have had more screen time but they played similar roles with similar skill and adeptness. Matter of fact I think Boba has done more to warrant a legendary event in the eu etc. But at the end of the day its CGs choice who is special and who is not. Just remember we have a big release coming in 12-16ish hours. Look forward to that.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    yes at the start of the year everyone was happy with Marquee, around mid February people started complaining about we only got marquee , now you act as it's something we started complaining about recently, and those below heroic Sith still have a massive wall of HP to chip through, you keep saying you're listening to your players, but it's getting really hard to believe, come on you can do way better
    In the end we all want the same thing, that is to have this game running as long as possible
    Even Krakens (your real income) are starting to complain out on the web, that is not heathy for the games long term value, you might not be aware of how things looks outside forum and redit, but it's not a positive picture
    Please turn this ship around fast, as this game won't stand it's grounds if we start loosing the Krakens because you acted to late, people like me won't keep the game floating with 50-200$ a month, you need the high rollers, so don't stretch their patience, as they will leave if pushed to far
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • got to love how people cant read the forums before posting yet another thread about the exact same thing.
    IT IS JANGO IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND IT IS A MARQUEE THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, IT WILL HAVE EXTRA REWARDS FOR 50+ THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
    see if that makes it easier to read
  • Let's be honnest : Jango is a legendary and they could cancel everything to make it so, but they don't.
    Let's face it : if Revan was a marquee people would have been crying all over the place and they are testing us to see what we can accept or not. Don't accept it.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    I get where you’re coming from, but the major antagonist of AOTC was Dooku. Jango was popular because, hey, he looks like Boba Fett but with shiny armour! The character himself had little screen time, one cool skirmish with Kenobi, then died mid-way through the film.

You can probably tell I’m not a Jango fan, I’m also not a Revan fan having never played KOTOR (I’m sure it was great, I just missed that era).

I’m old, I’m an original trilogy guy, I’d like to see OT Chewie leading to OT Falcon, but if it’s prequel-related then dark side Anakin in a “Villain’s Journey” with a Padme Legendary preceding it.

Just because a character is popular, or has a cult following, doesn’t mean they’ll be Legendary. I’d also like to remind people of the marquee alternative, the dreaded tournament. It could be worse, and it used to be.

Tournament...*shudders*...
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Blackrazor wrote: »
    Ruark_Icefire asked:
    How is he a huge character? He showed up for like 10 mins and then died.

He is the main antagonist of a Lucas-era film. He has more screen time, action sequences, and dialogue than either Darth Maul or Sidious in the first prequel films, and he has been the subject of multiple secondary stories (in comics and novellas). However, he is the driving plot device of Episode II, appearing as the person who gives Zam her assignment (which pushes the plot), provides the clue to the Jedi investigation, acts as the primogenitor of the clone army, has multiple combat sequences (on Kamino, Genesis, in ship-to-ship combat), and appears to be a general badass capable of gunning down Jedi other than masters like Mace Windu (head of the Jedi Order at that time).

Even though Attack of the Clones is a fairly mediocre entry into the film franchise, it was still a big budget film, and he was the main source of conflict for the protagonists throughout. Darth Traya is a minor figure in a decade-old video game and she's harder to acquire.

I think you are over emphasizing his role. Main antagonist? He was the middle man at best.

I was curious so I looked up the script and counted and Jango has a grand total of 16 lines of dialog with around half of them being 4 words or less.

Not really legendary material imo.
  • I am not disappointed by the marquee type event. Especially since they say the next toon will be legendary. Let’s prepare.
  • Blackrazor wrote: »
    Ruark_Icefire asked:

He is the main antagonist of a Lucas-era film. He has more screen time, action sequences, and dialogue than either Darth Maul or Sidious in the first prequel films, and he has been the subject of multiple secondary stories (in comics and novellas). However, he is the driving plot device of Episode II, appearing as the person who gives Zam her assignment (which pushes the plot), provides the clue to the Jedi investigation, acts as the primogenitor of the clone army, has multiple combat sequences (on Kamino, Genesis, in ship-to-ship combat), and appears to be a general badass capable of gunning down Jedi other than masters like Mace Windu (head of the Jedi Order at that time).

Even though Attack of the Clones is a fairly mediocre entry into the film franchise, it was still a big budget film, and he was the main source of conflict for the protagonists throughout. Darth Traya is a minor figure in a decade-old video game and she's harder to acquire.

I think you are over emphasizing his role. Main antagonist? He was the middle man at best.

To be fair to his argument BB-8 was Legendary and his claim to fame was just being the "Droid they were looking for." So Jango has more going for him plot-wise than BB-8 did in The Force Awakens.
    Ruark_Icefire asked:

To be fair to his argument BB-8 was Legendary and his claim to fame was just being the "Droid they were looking for." So Jango has more going for him plot-wise than BB-8 did in The Force Awakens.

That just means that BB-8 was undeserving of being a legendary. I mean if you justify Jango deserving of being a legendary because he did more than BB-8 every character in star wars is deserving of being a legendary.
  • .... and be sure that the next legendary will be impossible for almost all of us, requiring 7 stars "Solo" or KOTOR characters....
    Ruark_Icefire asked:

That just means that BB-8 was undeserving of being a legendary. I mean if you justify Jango deserving of being a legendary because he did more than BB-8 every character in star wars is deserving of being a legendary.

Yeah, true.
  • Wow, carbantis and salvage.... wow
    3 month of BH rework schedule is not enough time to plan a legendary?
    And than carbantis? Realy? Are you shure about this?
    See marquees are fine to introduce toons. But how about giving something enjoyable to this game? I mean, do you really think it’s fun to ship hard node farm a character with a drop rate of 12% for over a year to get it to the point it is getting useful?

Please keep your 1-4 carbanti parts, please keep your 3 mod salvage parts (i don’t expect to get a full one, because it would be usefull in by any means), and oh please keep your 3 chewbaka shards. I don’t want gear, i dont want ability mats (even no zetas) i just want a cool Charakter to unlock and play him in raids and arena. Is this too much to ask for?

And please don’t tell me, that he is playable at 3-4 stars. Jango is super squishy and if you want to play him in arena he will get owned by sith trooper with his 13k hp pool.

Looking forward whats next. Like I would bet it‘s another disappointment.
  • The problem with marquee events is not the marquees - it is what does not happen afterwards!

Marquees are great, most people like them. But everybody hates having having to wait 6-12 months to get them to to a useful star level. It is the hard node grind that kills the marquees.

With all the released characters from Solo, Kotor and the BH, GC had the opportunity to "pool" them and then release all of them at once: some in shops (multiple in the same shops), some in Cantina - even a few on hard nodes/ship battles. That would make them available, but we would have to pick which ones to focus on. You know, like when you start playing the game.

• Ankh
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

the extra Tiers reward some of the most sought after gear, such as Carbantis, and Mod Slicing salvage if you are level 50+.

Gods forbid you actually offer gear that isn't challenge gear. How about a token stun gun or 2. Maybe kick out a gold eyeball. You act like letting loose of a couple pieces of gear is giving something away that costs your company real money.

Maybe listen to your current player base and understand what is frustrating them today, then throw them a bone.

Your carrot is rotten...
  • Marquee events are not the problem, i quite like them, they are becoming repetative but there not so bad, the problem is the way everything lately is then released to farm....

Single hard nodes, late ship nodes that many of us just cant access, i wont include 16 node cantina as they are not so bad, a char like Jango that everyone has been crying for would have no complaints on single hard node if other stadard chars were not added there every time.

There is little little enough diversity in this game as it is, and its becoming boring and very repetative, add some diversity and imagination to the release cycle, use hard nodes as part of the caden and add the stores back into the cadence after a char has been on a hard node for 3 months stick them in the store, people can understand that, although they understand just as well that single hard nodes is just you screwing the pooch for every last drop

Boring...

• Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Guys....please keep the marquees coming, It's good to get new content in the game. The problem is the subsequent releases to hard nodes...so the solution would be to make characters easier farmable (e.g. at least two hard nodes, cantina, or some shop!)
  • Capital Games won 12 million dollars in August? It's official numbers or speculation? :o:o
  • His kit seems like he was designed to be a legendary to be honest, but then they changed their minds to go marquee. Likely cos many people already have a bounty hunter team so there isnt as much cash.
    Ruark_Icefire asked:

I was curious so I looked up the script and counted and Jango has a grand total of 16 lines of dialog with around half of them being 4 words or less.

Not really legendary material imo.

What does that make Chewbacca then? Or R2? How many "lines of dialogue" have they got?!

I don't think Jango is legendary either, just suggesting the criteria would be more complicated than lines of dialogue.
  • I think its great we get to try the character with maxed abilities and then see if we want to spend the time farming the character. I doubt I will go after jango, but I cannot wait to see what the non marquee toon will be
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Alright folks, listen up. I get you're frustrated but again you need to follow the rules. I've removed several posts chatting about moderation, seen too much cursing/swearing, etc. This isn't okay. You need to express your frustration in a constructive way.
  • I know guys you are looking for a legendary event, but also the new toon should be a little bit legendary. For me Jango is not a legend, his head is cut off in a second. It is the most famous BH, but it isn't definetly a legendary character.

Don't kill me please :smiley:
    Do or don't there is no try
  • C4L3B87 wrote: »
    Lol of course he is.... hopefully it’s at least a fully crafted carbanti and some gold salvage... also I wonder who the “it’s not a marquee” toon is.

Chewbacca from Empire Strikes Back
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    got to love how people cant read the forums before posting yet another thread about the exact same thing.
    IT IS JANGO IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND IT IS A MARQUEE THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, IT WILL HAVE EXTRA REWARDS FOR 50+ THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
    see if that makes it easier to read

Got to love people who can't just skip pass a thread they don't like and also post in the thread they don't like, bringing the thread back to the top :D
This discussion has been closed.