Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• andreacesa00
    260 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    lovemat wrote: »
    C4L3B87 wrote: »
    Lol of course he is.... hopefully it’s at least a fully crafted carbanti and some gold salvage... also I wonder who the “it’s not a marquee” toon is.

Chewbacca from Empire Strikes Back

With another cool Han Solo version :wink:
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Blackrazor wrote: »
    Ruark_Icefire asked:
    How is he a huge character? He showed up for like 10 mins and then died.

He is the main antagonist of a Lucas-era film. He has more screen time, action sequences, and dialogue than either Darth Maul or Sidious in the first prequel films, and he has been the subject of multiple secondary stories (in comics and novellas). However, he is the driving plot device of Episode II, appearing as the person who gives Zam her assignment (which pushes the plot), provides the clue to the Jedi investigation, acts as the primogenitor of the clone army, has multiple combat sequences (on Kamino, Genesis, in ship-to-ship combat), and appears to be a general badass capable of gunning down Jedi other than masters like Mace Windu (head of the Jedi Order at that time).

Even though Attack of the Clones is a fairly mediocre entry into the film franchise, it was still a big budget film, and he was the main source of conflict for the protagonists throughout. Darth Traya is a minor figure in a decade-old video game and she's harder to acquire.

I think you are over emphasizing his role. Main antagonist? He was the middle man at best.

I was curious so I looked up the script and counted and Jango has a grand total of 16 lines of dialog with around half of them being 4 words or less.

Not really legendary material imo.

What does that make Chewbacca then? Or R2? How many "lines of dialogue" have they got?!

I don't think Jango is legendary either, just suggesting the criteria would be more complicated than lines of dialogue.

R2 is in 9 movies. And is actually useful through most of them
  • c1ever_pun
    357 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Boooooo!

Edited for repeated symbols + letters. - EA_Cian
  • You know, as boring as Marquee is, it's nice for new players so they can actually get the character, if he was a legendary event battle, there is no promise we would get him anyways. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining.

Yes when I first saw he was Marquee, I was disappointed, but honestly, if he was legendary you would probably have to fight him with grand master Yoda, mace windu, Jedi knight anikin, general Kenobi and Codi. Not everyone has those characters leveled or geared. At least this way, everyone can get him. May take a while to get him to 7*, but so do most characters.

I'm fine with this. Just hoping the next character is malak or revan, that would be awesome.
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Alright folks, listen up. I get you're frustrated but again you need to follow the rules. I've removed several posts chatting about moderation, seen too much cursing/swearing, etc. This isn't okay. You need to express your frustration in a constructive way.

I am not frustrated.
    I am just enjoy demotivated by all thes marquee charakters I can not play in arena or rauds
    Please give us some cool legendary marquee

This post was not edited by CG
  • On top of that I think PapiLongLegs was misunderstood: he was talking of what's next AFTER JANGO MARQUEE AS IT IS CLEARLY STATED THAT IT WON'T BE MARQUEE (how ugly and fun are capital letters in forums...).
    Now I am not sure that his analysis is correct about getting a legendary BH after Jango, might be but what about our Jedi Luke ?

Hero's Journeys never went farther than 1 episode, time to get the full season going !
  • CG have heard that "we" don't like marquees. I'm concerned that only the most vocal critics are being heard here.

I'm not FTP, so there's another reason to shout me down, but my perspective is just as important. I actually find the marquee release cadence to be something that works fairly well. I hardly ever buy the whale packs, I tend to wait the 4-6 weeks until the character appears in shipments, and this frequently occurs around the 4 week mark.

This makes characters significantly easier and quicker to obtain than they were in the old days before a release cadence was established, or even earlier when we were forced to participate in tournaments, or when we were paying double the shipment price via Aurodiums, or when we just had to try our luck with the dreaded Chromiums.

A lot of people are forgetting just how bad things used to be, in 2016 I was ranting on these forums every week. This May I returned to SWGOH, after a 9 month break, to find a much more reasonable and predictable business model, and I no longer feel like I'm being unfairly manipulated or exploited.

@CG_Carrie is honestly a breath of fresh air, I think a lot of players have either forgotten how this game used to be run or were not here to experience it first-hand.

Regarding Legendary and Hero's Journey events, why are these supposedly more FTP friendly? I don't remember anyone rejoicing about how easy or inexpensive it was to farm Phoenix for Thrawn, or to farm the Vets for JTR. How are these preferable or easier to obtain?

My arena's top 20 has several FTP (or virtually) 3* and 4* Bastilas taking down the top whale Traya teams, would that have been possible without putting her in a ... marquee?

TL;DR:

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Marquees are, to date, the most whale + dolphin + FTP friendly character release solution CG have come up with. The only mistake they've made is to release too many in a row, without something different to break them up - and they've vocally acknowledged that.

I dread the end of the marquee system, long may it continue.
  • MALAK would be awesome....
  • I didn’t read that wall o’ text but based on the title I agree somewhat. It’s the what toons are handled AFTER the event. Marquee/hard node is the main complaint. Another is that they have ditched all stores besides the shipments(money making). And yes we all know they “gave” us young han..... I like getting free toons every month but I hate seeing a majority go to hard nodes after
  • CG is really pulling out all their alt accounts to defend their crappy decision making here.
  • I feel like it might require Bounty Hunters and Reward a character like OT Chewie or Padme, if it's chewie, have the Falcon requiring cargo ships or something alongside him.
  • They never said they were ditching marquees. They just said they weren't going to clump all of them together so tightly anymore.
  • i love star wars but this game continues to disappoint always wanting too much $$. i am glad i grew up before the days of this corrupt p2p/f2p system that only creates fighting amoungst games and builds hatred of the development company.

when i grew up as a kid we didnt have alot of money. i worked hard delivering papers to buy a sega and i had 3 games in a years time. all ea games. desert strike, madden, and bill walsh college football. i idolized ea when i was a kid because they made great games.

now the feeling is no longer the same. ive worked hard my whole life and no longer am poor but the damage with these constant cashgrabs have done has gotten to the point where the only positive thing i can say is hey you guys were once great. shame just shame on the corrupt. i dont know how they sleep at night. the only image i can picture is sleeping in a bed of dirty money. just wads of it
  • Guys? Carry specially underlined that the character on a blurry picture where everyone identify Jango, will not be a legendary event. Why there is so much hate?
    Besides it is not the marquee that is terrible, but the single dark side node farm only afterwards.
    So if they put Jango in cantina, that would be great move!
  • JohnLove11
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I was sure that Jango would be a legendary event after they admitting to releasing too many marquee events recently and all the BH rework. I feel like this was the perfect opportunity to create a legendary event using the reworks and new BH's to get a someone to lead them all and really bring a fresh feel to the game.

But instead its another marquee that we will all get and then have to wait months to farm without anything really to aim for.

Huge opportunity missed in my opinion

*Sorry this is just a bit of a rant about what i feel is a missed opportunity to do something about a lot of unhappy gamers in regard to the marquee system*
  • It is not about marquee events. They are great, actually. Me, personally, do not like that almost every single marquee character goes to the single hard node to farm. And with the banch that we’re released recently, it is really tough.
    Ruark_Icefire asked:

He is the main antagonist of a Lucas-era film. He has more screen time, action sequences, and dialogue than either Darth Maul or Sidious in the first prequel films, and he has been the subject of multiple secondary stories (in comics and novellas). However, he is the driving plot device of Episode II, appearing as the person who gives Zam her assignment (which pushes the plot), provides the clue to the Jedi investigation, acts as the primogenitor of the clone army, has multiple combat sequences (on Kamino, Genesis, in ship-to-ship combat), and appears to be a general badass capable of gunning down Jedi other than masters like Mace Windu (head of the Jedi Order at that time).

Even though Attack of the Clones is a fairly mediocre entry into the film franchise, it was still a big budget film, and he was the main source of conflict for the protagonists throughout. Darth Traya is a minor figure in a decade-old video game and she's harder to acquire.

I think you are over emphasizing his role. Main antagonist? He was the middle man at best.

To be fair to his argument BB-8 was Legendary and his claim to fame was just being the "Droid they were looking for." So Jango has more going for him plot-wise than BB-8 did in The Force Awakens.

That just means that BB-8 was undeserving of being a legendary. I mean if you justify Jango deserving of being a legendary because he did more than BB-8 every character in star wars is deserving of being a legendary.

You are just flat out wrong and you know it.
  • ScrawnyKid88
    72 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Please for the love of god find something more constructive to do with your time than fly off the handle about some minor character release by a company that provides you the game you've gotten hours of enjoyment from. Want to know why games get a bad reputation? Its the entitlement on display in this thread.
  • I dont have problems with the marquee, my problem is this.Traqlb1sghvl5sa.png 0 Traya against 28. And of course lot more gp.
    Ruark_Icefire asked:

Darth Traya is a minor figure in a decade-old video game and she's harder to acquire.

Darth Traya was to the Exile as Yoda was to Luke, and THEN it's revealed that she is the main antagonist and has been all along. She is present throughout the entire game and has more dialogue and actions scenes than almost anyone in the entire SW movie universe. The video game may be a bit dated but it was extremely influential and the sequel to a game of the year.

See, we can all talk up our favorite characters by highlighting everything we do and discrediting the other side. Fact of the matter is, Jango, while highly anticipated and worthy of something better than marquee, is not a legendary character. A legendary bounty hunter sure, but not in the grand scheme of things.
  • HJoci30 wrote: »
    I dont have problems with the marquee, my problem is this.Traqlb1sghvl5sa.png 0 Traya against 28. And of course lot more gp.

That's not good...

Anyway, marquees are good, we need certainly a new legendary toon, but he has to be a real star wars legend (Unheaded Jango isn't a legendary for me)
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Tw is a junk, sith rewards are a joke. These are the problems. Ok, hard node farm is a bit hard but norhing compared to the other two. :-D We just reached 120 mill. Gp we won 1 TW in 3 months. 20-40 mill gp difference is too much to handle even with good defense.
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm just upset that (from the footage we've seen) that his blasters don't make their unique and distinct sound
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Marquee system is fine as it is. You'll eventually be able to farm everything in game. Try playing those gacha type games where you have maybe 0.1% chance of getting what you want and you'll know this is so much better. Yes, a single hard node seems like it takes forever to farm but at least you'll know that there is an end in sight.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'd have to agree that when they released Zam I expected Jango fairly soon after to give her some synergy because they've been doing the duo thing recently (Wiggs, Chaze) I was expecting a "Zango" duo. But he never came and I figured because he was getting some special event of some kind that they we're saving him for.

If they're just gonna release him like an everyday not special character then why not have released him alongside Zam then? The problem with Marquees is there is ZERO self-satisfaction in acquiring them. I know you get to use them right away but it's basically handed to you, and part of the fun is working up to unlocking new characters like Traya. When I unlock Traya it will feel great cause I earned it.

I didn't earn Jango, I was just handed him.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Guys? Carry specially underlined that the character on a blurry picture where everyone identify Jango, will not be a legendary event. Why there is so much hate?
    Besides it is not the marquee that is terrible, but the single dark side node farm only afterwards.
    So if they put Jango in cantina, that would be great move!

Yeah we were warned to not get our hopes up for anything other than a marquee.

I do share the sentiment of disappointment, however knowing that our next character release is a non-marquee it should mean that we'll be seeing something big soon. Personally I think we could be looking at a Jedi Luke hero's journey.

If that's not it then I'm almost convinced it'll be prequel related as it would most likely tie to the separatist rework. If it's this route let's hope for shaak ti.

And back to Jango, maybe we'll get lucky and get some extra shards from the extra rounds and perhaps we'll be extra lucky and have Jango show up in a store. After all when Yolo was release who thought he'd be the monster tank buster that he is? There's still hope.

Abandon all hope when ye enter the Halls of CG.
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

As Carrie has discussed previously, we are working to change the upcoming schedule so there aren’t as many Marquees, but this isn’t something that can happen over night. We’ve rearranged our schedule to earlier introduce some characters through other event types so we can break up the Marquee cadence...

DEV POST

It seems though @CG_SBCrumb / @CG_Carrie that EA/CG are still also missing some of the biggest gripes about "Marquee" events!
    It's not JUST that there have been a lot of them in a row, or a lot of them in general. There are inherent issues in the way these events and the subsequent shard releases work that you're either completely ignoring or just don't seem to understand:
    1) Marquee events are NEVER repeated, so if you happen to not be online or playing on that particular 5-days or whatever the event lasts then you not only don't get that new character via the original Marquee event but you are also unable to catch up with those "free 3-star" releases as it never comes again - the Marquee events should be repeated again at the very least once in the same week that those characters become available for farming via nodes or one of the 'tokens' shops.

2) Since you introduced the Marquee style events the vast majority of characters have ended up being released on high-level/energy Hard light/dark nodes or the even harder high-energy Hard Fleet nodes - previously with new characters added to the game they were spread out between the various cantina/light/dark nodes at differing levels of energy/hardness - I think the stats shown recently were than over 80% of "Marquee" characters had gone onto a high level/energy Hard Node compared to something like 19% for new chars that came into the game prior to the advent of the Marquee process - You're already getting a crap-load of Hard Node farms with super-low drop rates so spread them out onto mid-level Cantina or lower-level hard nodes or even onto a 'normal' node once in a while. Not EVERY character needs to be a frustrating 9-month hard node farm!!

3) The new Marquee characters have often needed even more of the rarer and harder to get gear - including stuff that you can't even farm but have to wait for random raid drops (which means being in a guild and one that's capable of doing higher level raids!) - and yet we still get daily challenges that only drop totally useless gear i.e. the "TAC Gear Challenge" where I think you'd find virtually every player in the game has 1000+ of each piece of gear it gives, yet needs roughly 2 of them! Raids that also do the same and like I had yesterday drop me 16 of something that I already had 1833 of!! At least update the daily challenges to include better and useful gear alongside the harder farms and long character release cadence - heck even if you were to add 1/2 new Tiers to the daily challenges which drop better gear so that instead of getting 5-tiers of increasing amounts of utterly useless gear you can actually get BETTER gear as you progress to higher tiers

4) The Marquee events and shard/farming release cadence makes those new characters utterly useless to most players for 6+ months at least. However you could easily change this by dropping the arbitrary Event Requirements for loads of long-standing events (and future ones) so that for instance instead of requiring a squad of 5 5-star-or-higher characters you could use 5 3-star-or-higher characters which would actually mean people could level up and use those marquee characters and enjoy them. (Obviously not for ALL events, some of the like Legendaries or Hero's Journeys have a clear reason/process for the higher rarity chars - but for many events it's seemingly more and more arbitrary, unnecessary, and annoyingly frustrating to just have new chars sitting there that you can't use for anything at all)

5) The new Marquee characters, and reworks, are bringing in more and more requirements for "Zetas" yet it's still ridiculously hard and (supposedly!) 'random' drop rate restricted in terms of actually getting any of them, while alongside that you have a host of pre-existing "Omega" events that only have 3 pretty easy tiers and would be perfect for upgrading/reworking to include 2 more tiers where tier-4 gives you all the rewards combined from tiers-1/2/3 and then Tier-5 gives you say 2-zetas and those 2 new tiers could be more challenging than the existing ones to make those events a challenge again

6) In conclusion: It's not just the amount of Marquee events/chars that's the issue, it's that EA/CG are being really crappy about everything else surrounding them and making those new characters unusable...which in turn makes people hate the Marquee process because...people want to play with new toys when they get them!!
This discussion has been closed.