Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• D4rthV4der wrote: »
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Alright folks, listen up. I get you're frustrated but again you need to follow the rules. I've removed several posts chatting about moderation, seen too much cursing/swearing, etc. This isn't okay. You need to express your frustration in a constructive way.

I am not frustrated.
    I am just enjoy demotivated by all thes marquee charakters I can not play in arena or rauds
    Please give us some cool legendary marquee

This post was not edited by CG

Best post here. It is so funny because it is true. Welcome to Orwell’s 1984.
  • @CG_SBCrumb I'll gladly go through a marquee for him. (They are getting a little tiresome, but hey, I was hoping he wouldn't be a Mother Talzin event farmed, or a Hoda / Wampa guild event farmed character. Marquee aint so bad.)

I love how bastilla broke the current Meta, and I hope this continual introduction of characters adds to the flavor of the game.

But more than anything, I truly appreciate your communication on the matter, and that you're listening to the community.
  • My issues isn’t that it’s another marquee my question is Why???? I can Auto all BH events with the ones I have and there is no end game content he is needed for.... I want jango but I’m not gonna $400 whale on a toon I don’t need at all.
  • I dont think Marquee in general is the problem. Hey let those who desperately want that toon asap pay for it.
    What annoys me is the farming place when made f2p. I heard there is some free node next to Nest for hyped toons like Jango.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    CG have heard that "we" don't like marquees. I'm concerned that only the most vocal critics are being heard here.

I'm not FTP, so there's another reason to shout me down, but my perspective is just as important. I actually find the marquee release cadence to be something that works fairly well. I hardly ever buy the whale packs, I tend to wait the 4-6 weeks until the character appears in shipments, and this frequently occurs around the 4 week mark.

This makes characters significantly easier and quicker to obtain than they were in the old days before a release cadence was established, or even earlier when we were forced to participate in tournaments, or when we were paying double the shipment price via Aurodiums, or when we just had to try our luck with the dreaded Chromiums.

A lot of people are forgetting just how bad things used to be, in 2016 I was ranting on these forums every week. This May I returned to SWGOH, after a 9 month break, to find a much more reasonable and predictable business model, and I no longer feel like I'm being unfairly manipulated or exploited.

@CG_Carrie is honestly a breath of fresh air, I think a lot of players have either forgotten how this game used to be run or were not here to experience it first-hand.

Regarding Legendary and Hero's Journey events, why are these supposedly more FTP friendly? I don't remember anyone rejoicing about how easy or inexpensive it was to farm Phoenix for Thrawn, or to farm the Vets for JTR. How are these preferable or easier to obtain?

My arena's top 20 has several FTP (or virtually) 3* and 4* Bastilas taking down the top whale Traya teams, would that have been possible without putting her in a ... marquee?

TL;DR:

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Marquees are, to date, the most whale + dolphin + FTP friendly character release solution CG have come up with. The only mistake they've made is to release too many in a row, without something different to break them up - and they've vocally acknowledged that.

I dread the end of the marquee system, long may it continue.

Yes, it's definitely more complicated than "Marquees are bad" I think the problem is that CG/EA aren't understanding the nuances of many of the complaints around the Marquee process - I genuinely don't think that the Marquee event idea as a whole is bad or unpopular, it's all the nuances and other issues surrounding it that haven't been taken into account (see my other post that covers many of them: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1642950#Comment_1642950 )
  • Jango Fettwas probably the number 2 or 3 most wanted character in this game, and they just made him a marquee
  • CG explain clearly two important things here:
    1. They already understand that’s is too much marquee event in a row and they will fix this in the future BUT, considering the fact that they have to plan months in advance what’s is coming in the game that’s why we still have a marquee for jengo fett.
    2. They explained that the next toon that will come in the game is not a marquee event.

So I really don’t understand why people still complaining about this.

For CG, there’s tons a way to make profit in this game and legendary toon with panic farming to get them at 7* is a really good way to do it. I really hope that next year, we will see a correct mix of marquee and legendary/ heroes journey or any new kind of event that may be fun to farm toon.
    Thanks for making this game!
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    CG have heard that "we" don't like marquees. I'm concerned that only the most vocal critics are being heard here.

I'm not FTP, so there's another reason to shout me down, but my perspective is just as important. I actually find the marquee release cadence to be something that works fairly well. I hardly ever buy the whale packs, I tend to wait the 4-6 weeks until the character appears in shipments, and this frequently occurs around the 4 week mark.

This makes characters significantly easier and quicker to obtain than they were in the old days before a release cadence was established, or even earlier when we were forced to participate in tournaments, or when we were paying double the shipment price via Aurodiums, or when we just had to try our luck with the dreaded Chromiums.

A lot of people are forgetting just how bad things used to be, in 2016 I was ranting on these forums every week. This May I returned to SWGOH, after a 9 month break, to find a much more reasonable and predictable business model, and I no longer feel like I'm being unfairly manipulated or exploited.

@CG_Carrie is honestly a breath of fresh air, I think a lot of players have either forgotten how this game used to be run or were not here to experience it first-hand.

Regarding Legendary and Hero's Journey events, why are these supposedly more FTP friendly? I don't remember anyone rejoicing about how easy or inexpensive it was to farm Phoenix for Thrawn, or to farm the Vets for JTR. How are these preferable or easier to obtain?

My arena's top 20 has several FTP (or virtually) 3* and 4* Bastilas taking down the top whale Traya teams, would that have been possible without putting her in a ... marquee?

TL;DR:

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Marquees are, to date, the most whale + dolphin + FTP friendly character release solution CG have come up with. The only mistake they've made is to release too many in a row, without something different to break them up - and they've vocally acknowledged that.

I dread the end of the marquee system, long may it continue.

Yes, it's definitely more complicated than "Marquees are bad" I think the problem is that CG/EA aren't understanding the nuances of many of the complaints around the Marquee process - I genuinely don't think that the Marquee event idea as a whole is bad or unpopular, it's all the nuances and other issues surrounding it that haven't been taken into account (see my other post that covers many of them: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1642950#Comment_1642950 )

They understand it, they just don't care. They want to over simplify the problem to, it's the marques you hate, instead of, it's hard node farms/impossible to complete ship node farms.
  • Certainly looking forward to the "extra tiers" they mentioned. Anything that helps with the gear crunch is welcome.
  • Let's guess , another usless character , like aura, bossk. Oops sorry they used only for hstr to get 10%, and in tb. Gj.
  • Garbage. Here’s a new squad, they’re great but you can’t have them at high stars, which is needed for where they’re needed the most(HSR), for a year, unless you pay for them, which would be OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS.

If you buy the $10 bundle and then buy crystals to get the packs that give a random number of shards, it’s a little over $400 if you get the minimum every single time. Chances are it will cost around $300 to 7* a marquee character. It IS too expensive, but it’s not over $1,000. Also, having them at 3* is frequently enough to do really well in PVP. Look at Bastila and Enfys. They won’t be ready for heroic raids for a long time, but personally, i’d Rather they give us a 3* for free with the potential to buy more. The alternative is likely to give most of us nothing, and let the whales buy the characters.

My comment was about releasing the entire squad in the same way. Embo, Bossk, Sing, andnow Jango. 300 x 4 = $1200.
    Ooba hutar.
  • lrjbr_llr wrote: »
    Jango Fettwas probably the number 2 or 3 most wanted character in this game, and they just made him a marquee

Exactly. Most Marquees were never really asked for like Nihilus, Aurra, or Mission, etc. Bossk and Embo seemed highly requested but their place in the universe is very small and probably don't deserve anything larger than standard release.

Jango was very much someone that's been wanted for a LONG time and was just given an auto event. All that anticipation just to click auto.
  • How about increasing the shard drops from Jango marquee event so those who complete it unlock him at 7 stars, eh?
  • Anyone know the release date?

Regardless marquee or not still excited.
    This is going to be a fantastic edition to the game.

And can’t wait to see upcoming releases
  • Kriesha wrote: »
    How about increasing the shard drops from Jango marquee event so those who complete it unlock him at 7 stars, eh?

As much as i would love to see this, there is no way cg is giving the entire player base jango fett for free. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than the devs doing something like that.
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Kriesha wrote: »
    How about increasing the shard drops from Jango marquee event so those who complete it unlock him at 7 stars, eh?

As much as i would love to see this, there is no way cg is giving the entire player base jango fett for free. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than the devs doing something like that.

Its exactly what a legendary does.

Edit: And if you feel that it would be too easy, they could limit the participation to a certain faction, eg. bounty hunters.
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Actually no. For a legendary we would probably have to panic farm some kind of Vets 2.0. Mission Vao, Jolee etc
  • Antares wrote: »
    Guys....please keep the marquees coming, It's good to get new content in the game. The problem is the subsequent releases to hard nodes...so the solution would be to make characters easier farmable (e.g. at least two hard nodes, cantina, or some shop!)

I don't mind the marquees either, but farming them after is a bit rough. Hell, start putting more toons in the Bronziums. Add more to the stores, add a few extra new nodes to the lower hard levels. Something to mix it up.
    I just need more credits to actually level these new toons up. That is one of my grinds right now.
    I've spent maybe $100 in my first year of playing, but I don't see that being a regular occurrence.
  • Was expecting something like wicket...now I know at least I can 7* him immediately if I am willing to pay.
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi folks,

We revealed Jango Fett’s kit today and we wanted to put the speculation about his event to rest.

[...]
    As Carrie has discussed previously, we are working to change the upcoming schedule so there aren’t as many Marquees, but this isn’t something that can happen over night. We’ve rearranged our schedule to earlier introduce some characters through other event types so we can break up the Marquee cadence.

In the meantime, stay tuned for our next character reveal. It’s not a Marquee…

DEV POST

So, we have even more Marquee events coming, just not as many as they originally planned? Ouch.

Seriously, we all understand that Marquee events are easy to implement and are quite profitable. But they are so very boring and that is one thing you do not want to have in your game.
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm so exited that we won't be able to fill any platoons at all.

It's like someone gave the 45 star TB yard stick to an olympic javelin thrower
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    I'm so exited that we won't be able to fill any platoons at all

Well, it's not like it can get much worse than it already is...
  • Marquee + bonus gear? Sounds like they are listening. Better than just a marquee for the gear and everyone will get him as opposed to only the ones who’d be able to compete on a legendary event. I was honestly looking forward to the legendary Bh event, but they’d probably pick the 1 toon I hadn’t 7* or geared up as required so at least this way I’ll have him in a few months. Plus, I won’t be short of toons to farm for the next 2 years!!! Woot woot
  • The problem isn't that it is a marquee event. The problem is the thought process. Hype machine in effect. Hype is a big let down. Didn't need to be legendary but the communication is just abysmal.

We get you hear us. I don't think they really do. The quarter is ending and Jango is the money maker. All that said. Why not communicate that hey we got this toon everyone wanted we can release now as a marquee or hold and develop a different release strategy. Marquee would have won out and they look smarter. Cash grabs cloud their vision.
  • Jefferx wrote: »
    CG explain clearly two important things here:
    1. They already understand that’s is too much marquee event in a row and they will fix this in the future BUT, considering the fact that they have to plan months in advance what’s is coming in the game that’s why we still have a marquee for jengo fett.
    2. They explained that the next toon that will come in the game is not a marquee event.

For CG, there’s tons a way to make profit in this game and legendary toon with panic farming to get them at 7* is a really good way to do it. I really hope that next year, we will see a correct mix of marquee and legendary/ heroes journey or any new kind of event that may be fun to farm toon.

I will tell you why.

They take thrawns legendary just change toons inside(which is just number in a wall of text) and change reward from thrawn's shards to jango's.

That excuse they are trying to sell us is nothing more then that. Time is not problem here, their greed is
  • Mahbrethir wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I'll gladly go through a marquee for him. (They are getting a little tiresome, but hey, I was hoping he wouldn't be a Mother Talzin event farmed, or a Hoda / Wampa guild event farmed character. Marquee aint so bad.)

I love how bastilla broke the current Meta, and I hope this continual introduction of characters adds to the flavor of the game.

But more than anything, I truly appreciate your communication on the matter, and that you're listening to the community.

Bastilla is amazing at 3 stars. You can stick her in the arena and do pretty well with just the shards you got from the Marquee. Why would ANYONE complain about that? Yeah you can use her in HSR yet but if your guild isn't ready for it one team of Jedi isn't gonna do anything for you.
  • Jefferx wrote: »

Plan months in advance for what? Seriously for what exactly? A 1 time play through event that can be completed in 10 minutes? Everything they do in this game is about money grabs. Marquees and legendaries are both 1 time play throughs that can usually be auto battled and completed in 10 to 15 minutes. Im sorry that doesn't count as real content. Occasionally adding in "events" to a game is one thing, but there also needs to be base game content that is available all the time and this base content needs to be consistently updated to keep things interesting. "Events" like marquee and legendaries should be rare content and shouldn't be substituted in place for actual updates to playable in game content.

It'd be one thing if they were actually working on meaningful content with depth to it, but they aren't. Instead they only work on short quick copy and paste legendaries and marquees that require very little effort on their part, that can be auto battles and played through once...all so that they can get players to buy packs or panic buy bundles.

And fyi other f2p games that make as much or more money than this game don't have to resort to panic farming tactics so there's no reason why CG should be resorting to these methods other than greed.
  • Flugsvamp wrote: »
    I'm so exited that we won't be able to fill any platoons at all.

It's like someone gave the 45 star TB yard stick to an olympic javelin thrower

Yeah I thought the Territory Battle Platoon requirements were supposed to be "guild specific" meaning that they are possible if you get organised and get every member to participate and put potentially their rarest toons in the platoons...but no, since the Marquee chars/ships started arriving it's literally impossible to fill the platoons as no-one in the guild has them at 6* etc!
  • JerryHello
    206 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Jefferx wrote: »

I will tell you why.

They take thrawns legendary just change toons inside(which is just number in a wall of text) and change reward from thrawn's shards to jango's.

That excuse they are trying to sell us is nothing more then that. Time is not problem here, their greed is

Exactly and it's the same for Marquees. These things aren't real content. They are purely copy and paste jobs with some slight editing that they are trying to pass off as new content and that they expect people to pay money for or invest significant time into farming for. And that's what really gets me...don't try to play it off as if this stuff is new and that it takes you months in advance to complete when the reality is that it is just a simple rehash of previous content. It's the same with most of the other events too. The coding aspect is an absolute joke. They already have the base from previous events and they just make minor changes to factor in different characters and bam done.
This discussion has been closed.