Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Well good news they will be changing it up sooner or later.

Although what they change it to could possibly be worse haha
  • I don't get the vitriol on the Marquee toons. Sure it would be nice to have them farmable on more than one hard node, but I don't want to go back to the days of grinding 80 shards to unlock a toon.

The real issue is how shards are gathered at the end of the cadence.
  • I think it’s funny when f2p players complain about marquee events... CG created marquee events to pacify f2p players... because they cried when the legendary and heroes journeys required toons that were either newly available to f2p or locked behind pay walls... so CG had to find a way to allow the characters to be obtainable by everyone but yet still be able to pay their employees with something more than the adoration and love of the f2p players... marquee events allowed that. Do you think the whales were complaining about the methods of acquiring characters before marquees were introduced? No, they weren’t... The people complaining about marquees on this board will be the same ones complaining about the next legendary that requires a character that everyone hasn’t had for the last 2 years. Pick a lane.
  • What do folks who hate marquees propose to replace them with? Is every character a legendary now?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I understand the frustration about Jango being a Marquee event, but there's not enough in the movies to give him his own Legendary event like with Thrawn or BB-8. In the movies he barely gets away from Kenobi and just to lose his head to Mace. Would his Legendary event be him getting beat by Mace (who's trash right now), requiring you to have a 7 star Mace in order to get him?
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Hikari wrote: »
    I don't get the vitriol on the Marquee toons. Sure it would be nice to have them farmable on more than one hard node, but I don't want to go back to the days of grinding 80 shards to unlock a toon.

The real issue is how shards are gathered at the end of the cadence.

Also platoons and a lack of actual new content. But I agree that the marquee events get undeserved hate while the real reasons for it are elsewhere.
  • Oh boy a marquee, haven’t had one of those in a while. So glad that the devs paid attention to the playerbase who loves marquee events and couldn’t wait for another!

Oh wait...
  • As an FYI for those who are buying characters: if you buy them from shipments a month after they arrive, you will only spend around a vault and a $9.99 pack if you place top 100 in arena and save your crystals (except for maybe a refresh or two to hit your 600 for your guild). I got Bastila to 7-Stars this way because I wanted her at 7-Stars asap to have a solid P2 Heroic Sith Raid team.Took me about 3 weeks, so only 2 months or so after first release. The crystal shard packs are if you truly cannot wait at all and must have that character asap, in which case $300 or so is the norm there...I like the $9.99 packs because it's a small amount to pay to show my support for characters I appreciate are being put into the game. I just want more of them to go into coin stores and not Hard Nodes when they become F2P.
  • And people wonder why the devs barely talk on here, they are up the creek if they do, and up the creek if they don’t.

Shame on y’all , they are changing to accommodate the outspoken crying over marquees, Things are changing, be glad for that, it’s beyond silly to kvetch over the time it takes to implement your personal pet peeve / desires in a game.

Let’s try cautious optimism about a change to new char release styles, there’s an interesting idea .

Ha, nice alt acount Crumb
  • So, are we just waiting for a game update now or what? When can we expect him to show up in game?
  • The main issue here is that you have one of the most desired toon releases being done in a fashion that most everyone has already complained about. Marquees are boring, auto battle through a bunch of the same garbage to get your 3 Star toon, hooray.

Yes, it’s nice to keep getting more toons for basically nothing...but just don’t cheapen the process on the most important toons in the game.

And for those who jump on this thread to hate on people having a problem with this, maybe you need to learn a little more about Star Wars and why Jango is important.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    I was so happy when Jango was announced. Now I'm sad.

Same, and now I don't care. I'll get him in a few months. May not even play the marquee. There's no point, really. Which is becoming a common theme lately.. Not spending a penny on this game going forward tho. Yay ftp forever!

I'm sorry, but this is just an ignorant thing to say. Go ahead and don't do the marquee, please, by all means. Prove your futile point.

Lol it was exaggerated, but you can see my point, right? There are some other benefits to doing the event. but Unless we drop hundreds of bucks on them, we Have to wait months to even start farming them. Only problem is, those that drop cash get a pretty big advantage over everyone else, and TB will likely include him immediately, further hindering players that don't.
    My point is, marquees have been so frequent it's become ridiculous. Ppl spend on what seems like an amazing toon, then a better one pops out, then a better one, and so on.
    Like everyone else, I'm sick of the marquees, that's all.
    I would rather him he unlocked in any other manner, even if it were as a new toon in the guild event store.
  • Gannon wrote: »

Same, and now I don't care. I'll get him in a few months. May not even play the marquee. There's no point, really. Which is becoming a common theme lately.. Not spending a penny on this game going forward tho. Yay ftp forever!

I'm sorry, but this is just an ignorant thing to say. Go ahead and don't do the marquee, please, by all means. Prove your futile point.

Lol it was exaggerated, but you can see my point, right? There are some other benefits to doing the event. but Unless we drop hundreds of bucks on them, we Have to wait months to even start farming them. Only problem is, those that drop cash get a pretty big advantage over everyone else, and TB will likely include him immediately, further hindering players that don't.
    My point is, marquees have been so frequent it's become ridiculous. Ppl spend on what seems like an amazing toon, then a better one pops out, then a better one, and so on.
    I would rather him he unlocked in any other manner, even if it were as a new toon in the guild event store.
    That will always be the case though. Why would they never release a better character just because people bought the last one? The better the character the more people will buy.
  • This is the LEGEDENDARY toon and it's Marquee like all the futher toon that will be released. they don't need a steady income but a perpetual growing income which will lead to the end ..... the next F2P toon won't have this kinf of stat and will require 5 marquee just to unlock it ...... and Free doesn't mean takinbg more then 2 years just to use it.
    Vive la Belgique !!!!
  • Ricklo wrote: »
    The main issue here is that you have one of the most desired toon releases being done in a fashion that most everyone has already complained about. Marquees are boring, auto battle through a bunch of the same garbage to get your 3 Star toon, hooray.

Yes, it’s nice to keep getting more toons for basically nothing...but just don’t cheapen the process on the most important toons in the game.

And for those who jump on this thread to hate on people having a problem with this, maybe you need to learn a little more about Star Wars and why Jango is important.

He has like 15 minutes of screen time and only exists because Boba was so popular in the OT. If Boba isn't legendary then why would Jango be?
  • Gannon wrote: »

That will always be the case though. Why would they never release a better character just because people bought the last one? The better the character the more people will buy.

I know, but if were more spread out, ppl likely wouldn't be as burnt out on em. Especially, space out the ones like bastilla and jango that have the potential to drastically affect arena and such.
    Am I wrong?
    The main issue here is that you have one of the most desired toon releases being done in a fashion that most everyone has already complained about. Marquees are boring, auto battle through a bunch of the same garbage to get your 3 Star toon, hooray.

He has like 15 minutes of screen time and only exists because Boba was so popular in the OT. If Boba isn't legendary then why would Jango be?

He is the father of the entire clone army which had a little impact on the OT.
  • You realize part of the reason people freaking HATE the marquee overload is because we know most likely you're just going to shaft us with a single hard node farm? Oh and of course since we're smart enough to pick up the clues, we are very well aware that each of these sets of 5 are likely to have their own legendary event, so good luck getting the special character without dropping cash if you want it the first time around.

Marquee is fine. Marquee spam is fine. It's the handling of them when they go "F2P". Having one or two chars that take a few months to farm to 7* is fine. Having 20 or more, all of whom are insanely helpful/beneficial? Come on. Revise your previous stance of "locking" the arena, squad, and GW currency shops. The benefit older players have who have already unlocked everything is they can focus on the newer chars if they want without missing out on anything while new players simply have MORE grinding to do for that shop, but at least it's a steady income, and no one shop takes more than a few weeks to realistically get a 7* character out of.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Not good enough CG.

When you say you have too many marquee events and then release 2 more and you hint that legendaries are coming and we know what we should do...

You messed up. Many people started farming bounty hunters (Bossk) for a jango fett legendary event. Now its a marquee.

Change doesnt happen overnight is a cop out. We all know it can in a business. If the ceo at EA said jump you either quit or jump.

You screwed up. Just admit it and tell us when the legendary events are coming and who they will be so we can actually prep. Those preping BH have wasted time and possibly money for an event thats not happening

Edit-
    Furthermore if you know you had a ship and a BH to drop still as marquee.... why not just say, "we hear you on marquee and are making changes but we have a few more marquee we will be releasing as scheduled".

I wouldnt be nearly as put off by this if you had just been straight with us.
    Ricklo wrote: »

Why does that make him legendary in the game? They've never turned a side character into a legendary. Some people say "oh but Thrawn isn't in the movies," but the Thrawn trilogy is widely regarded as a turning point in the original EU and Thrawn is a main antagonist on Rebels. Jango is shinier Boba.
  • Too many marquees... they said.

We hear you... they said.

Change it... other events for the rest of the year they said.

Releases more marquees.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I like the complaints about marquee being too easy and you can auto. The entire point is 3* toon for free for everyone for a limited time (2-3 days)

They can definitely make it tougher so that you cannot auto by tuning it to 6 dot mods and g12+ but I can tell everyone who is complaining about it being boring and too easy will flip flop on their stance if they do that

There is no way to win against the complainers :shrug:
  • JPTroms wrote: »
    here I was hoping there was a shred of decency left in you guys but it appears that greed has prevailed.

Ironic. I thought to myself, when I read your post "Hmmm...I used to think like that about a year ago - and have been f2p since, because I realized it." Then I noticed you joined about a year after I did. Apparently the timeline of 1 year is about how long it takes for people to realize that CG/EA doesn't care what you think - they just want you to cough up money.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My biggest issue isn’t even that it is a Marquee event. My issue is communication from EA.
    The developers go on YouTube channels and Reddit and say that they are listening to feedback and they won’t do so many Marquee events. The developers then tease information out about this event as if it was going to be something different.
    In the end it is the same as the last several events. Yes they planned it way in advance (they claim) but is that is true why was it not mentioned in these posts and videos? Why tease the release of another Marquee? Why say that Jango does not deserve to be a Legendary after teasing out information as if this was a big release and not another in a long line of Marquee characters?
    People are upset not so much about the event being Marquee as EA repeatedly saying they will fix and issue and not following through.
  • Im so happy im not the only one feeling this way seeing so many complaints makes me feel like I'm not alone.
    Devs this is for you you guys had a chance to knock it out of the park you could of made jango a tb reward in made so many people happy but nope more revenue for a game that is number 1 in sales with a promise next time will think about you guys shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame on you!!!!!
  • They should really go back to releasing brand new characters in chromium packs only to give people a taste of what new toon releases used to be like. People would change their tune on marquee characters pretty fast.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My biggest issue isn’t even that it is a Marquee event. My issue is communication from EA.
    The developers go on YouTube channels and Reddit and say that they are listening to feedback and they won’t do so many Marquee events. The developers then tease information out about this event as if it was going to be something different.
    In the end it is the same as the last several events. Yes they planned it way in advance (they claim) but is that is true why was it not mentioned in these posts and videos? Why tease the release of another Marquee? Why say that Jango does not deserve to be a Legendary after teasing out information as if this was a big release and not another in a long line of Marquee characters?
    People are upset not so much about the event being Marquee as EA repeatedly saying they will fix and issue and not following through.

Exactly. Bit bummed that jango is pay to play... but if they had just said we have a few more planned but we hear you and are working on legendaries now.... none of these complaints would be valid.

Apparently CG carrie did say something in a post in response to the blurred pic... but why not post in the dev section of the forum.

Seems like this was all reventable with just the slightest of effort
  • Jefferx wrote: »
    CG explain clearly two important things here:
    1. They already understand that’s is too much marquee event in a row and they will fix this in the future BUT, considering the fact that they have to plan months in advance what’s is coming in the game that’s why we still have a marquee for jengo fett.
    2. They explained that the next toon that will come in the game is not a marquee event.

So I really don’t understand why people still complaining about this.

Because they didnt explain that they had a marquee coming when they acknowledged the marquee over use.

Because they didnt correct the community until 2 hours after the kit reveal.

Because a small amount of communication done weeks ago would have prevented all but those feeling jango deserved a legendary event. (Not fixable by CG in this case)

Had they done any of that, id agree that the complaints are unwaranted.

#2 is the only thing we have going for us in this.
  • LelandBishop
    24 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    What was wrong with a TB reward? At least it would've been something different. And I fully agree that Jango IS NOT a legendary character... Its just that Marquee events are SO played out at this point. From a f2p standpoint these toons may as well not exist at all. By the time they are released into the wild the meta is two or three steps beyond them. Another messed up move from the devs and another 3 star toon to sit on the pile...
    Ricklo wrote: »

Donating some genetic material hardly makes you significant.
This discussion has been closed.