Zombie Rework

2Next

Replies

• CG_TopHat wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    So we've heard diddly squat from the devs about what they have planned for re-working Zombie. I have her G12 right now, and I don't regret it.
    However...if Zombie's rework makes it so that it's no longer advantageous for her to die, I'm going to be extremely ticked off. I currently have three zetas invested in a NS strategy that involves Zombie having low health and/or dying a lot. I know we're getting Daka's back, but Ventress L and Talzin unique also pertain to this strategy is well.
    I still don't understand why this even needs a rework in the first place. Zombie was released a year ago, everyone is familiar with her, and no one saw this coming?
    Anyways, I'm randomly feeling nervous about this, and would like to share my concerns with the devs, hence this post.

Sorry to hear you're feeling nervous. Please don't. :smile:

Zombie changes are still forthcoming, but we're (still) angling for a late/end of September release of the changes. The proposed changes from the design team look good (to me at least). That said, we're still doing some edge case testing and making sure that there's not something we're not thinking of.

We've got some other good stuff planned this month, so please just hang on and we'll share the proposed changes as soon as we can. Hope this helped!

This is the problem I have work you guys at CG. You come in, be vague as possible, and never come back to your own forums. Go to Reddit and it's a whole different story. Unless it's changing Nightsister Acolyte back to the way she was it's not a good change. There's an entire thread of people calling you out on your bogus statement about how she's still good, and the Nightsisters are still viable in PvP, but none of that is true. You guys are making terrible decisions to change characters instead of your crappy raid, that no one likes doing. Look at the thread with over 50+ pages of feedback. Which by the way, took 50 pages to get a vague response from you @CG_TopHat Why bother having a link to your own forums in the game when you guys spend all your time on Reddit communicating there instead of here? You have people who are "Moderators" but spend more time editing posts and banning people than they do trying to get someone on here to clarification.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
    So we've heard diddly squat from the devs about what they have planned for re-working Zombie. I have her G12 right now, and I don't regret it.
    However...if Zombie's rework makes it so that it's no longer advantageous for her to die, I'm going to be extremely ticked off. I currently have three zetas invested in a NS strategy that involves Zombie having low health and/or dying a lot. I know we're getting Daka's back, but Ventress L and Talzin unique also pertain to this strategy is well.
    I still don't understand why this even needs a rework in the first place. Zombie was released a year ago, everyone is familiar with her, and no one saw this coming?
    Anyways, I'm randomly feeling nervous about this, and would like to share my concerns with the devs, hence this post.

Zombie changes are still forthcoming, but we're (still) angling for a late/end of September release of the changes. The proposed changes from the design team look good (to me at least). That said, we're still doing some edge case testing and making sure that there's not something we're not thinking of.

We've got some other good stuff planned this month, so please just hang on and we'll share the proposed changes as soon as we can. Hope this helped!

Not sure why you guys are testing it. Let it loose and let the players figure it out. Isn’t this what happens anyway?
  • How about putting limit on how many times zombie can die.
    Or limiting how long can acolyte stay sheathed.
    Just saying this cause I got galactic war battle where those two are last alive and there is no way to attack acolyte and zombie has been dying for past two hours which means that I will have to forfeit 600 galactic war shard and other rewards because somebody does not have any common sense to use when designing characters.
  • Zinke7 wrote: »
    How about putting limit on how many times zombie can die.
    Or limiting how long can acolyte stay sheathed.
    Just saying this cause I got galactic war battle where those two are last alive and there is no way to attack acolyte and zombie has been dying for past two hours which means that I will have to forfeit 600 galactic war shard and other rewards because somebody does not have any common sense to use when designing characters.

Use an AoE character. Problem solved.
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    CG_TopHat wrote: »

This is the problem I have work you guys at CG. You come in, be vague as possible, and never come back to your own forums. Go to Reddit and it's a whole different story. Unless it's changing Nightsister Acolyte back to the way she was it's not a good change. There's an entire thread of people calling you out on your bogus statement about how she's still good, and the Nightsisters are still viable in PvP, but none of that is true. You guys are making terrible decisions to change characters instead of your **** raid, that no one likes doing. Look at the thread with over 50+ pages of feedback. Which by the way, took 50 pages to get a vague response from you @CG_TopHat Why bother having a link to your own forums in the game when you guys spend all your time on Reddit communicating there instead of here? You have people who are "Moderators" but spend more time editing posts and banning people than they do trying to get someone on here to clarification.

I quite like the HSTR now actually. Once I focused on teams for it and got the mods right (after lots of effort) it was great to see the scores go in to the millions. Add to that my guild all did the same so we could actually beat the thing and now I find it enjoyable. Frustrating at times, sure, but to say that nobody likes doing it is a bit eccentric. I have mixed feelings about the various reworks/nerfs/adjustments they've made to certain toons/teams/strategies - the one with Treya was just blatantly unfair to everyone who didn't have her and allowed the top few players in a guild to dominate every raid, so I'm glad that got stopped. The STH one I wasn't so happy about as I felt that should have been picked up in testing before the raid was released. The fact is, nobody knows what they're going to do with zombie yet, but I agree that there should always be an incentive to gear up a toon. Let's just collectively calm our **** and see what happens rather than over the top reactions to things that haven't happened yet!
  • I can't be the only one not working on nightsisters because they might not be good anymore in phase 4
  • I can't be the only one not working on nightsisters because they might not be good anymore in phase 4

Build the p3 NS team, they use a strong zombie and do just as much damage as the p4 NS team with paper zombie.
  • Ever hear of this? "Game Experience May Change During Online Play" Law of the jungle online, love it, hate it, no choice but to deal with it.
  • I’m actually ok with Zombie being reworked.

It’s unfair for players who maxed her before the trick was found out and now can’t out beat paper zombies.

The goal is to max the gear to benefit. Not to keep a toon weaker.

Build the p3 NS team, they use a strong zombie and do just as much damage as the p4 NS team with paper zombie.

But then what's a good phase 4 team

Exactly. The danger of Death Storm being better in p3 than Ventress NS in p4 is that guilds are in danger of not finishing p4!

It’s unfair for players who maxed her before the trick was found out and now can’t out beat paper zombies.

If you read their abilities before gearing them up, then you would’ve known how they work together. It’s not a trick.

• jkray622 wrote: »
    I can't be the only one not working on nightsisters because they might not be good anymore in phase 4

Exactly. The danger of Death Storm being better in p3 than Ventress NS in p4 is that guilds are in danger of not finishing p4!

Deathstorm is fairly good in p4 too. I crossed my p3 run into p4 last night and did 23% to DN with a team far from maxed.
  • I'm happy so many players like using NS. I especially like when players use them in Arena so I can find them and move up after obliterating them in about 60 seconds. Good times!

I do enjoy using NS though, especially all the synergistic effects they have. Just amazing how you can be almost beaten, but one or two moves and you're back to full health and a full team. Quite energizing to play.
  • I just put a ton of money into ND just for the paper Zombie strategy. Just fix acolyte, aka the actual problem. If you need with it now you are flushing players investment down the toilet. @CG_TopHat : I'm sure you mean well, but you coming in this forum and saying the changes look fine to you means nothing. I guarantee you haven't spent a single penny on building a NS squad to help your guild, so any change won't effect you in any way. Many of us are fine with our current investments, just leave it alone and make new raid or something.
  • Nightsisters are the only form I have keeping me competitive. Combine that witg CGs awful update history. I'm getting prepared to quit when this is released. Kinda sucks, but this game is being driven into the ground and no need to stick around and watch it.

I'm also okay with Zombie being reworked. But I hope the changes make it beneficial to still have Ventress L and Talzin Unique zeta'd.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I'm sure dozens have already said this, but I fail to understand why any rework is necessary. If there was a clear imbalance that directly affected PvP, then I'd say, OK, let's look at it. The heart of this rework issue seems to be in direct response to raids. No one is going to bank with this in any way. The weakness of the NS faction against Imperial Troopers has been exposed for some time in arena and TW. Basking in the light of the new Jedi, new bounty hunter reworks and the probable and eventual Old Republic new and improved updates, I don't understand why so much energy is being put into a zombie... everyone knows that you just put a Wall Nut on the front line and plenty of Pea Shooters behind it and he falls right apart :wink:
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I agree this is purely about the raid. Devs are upset because it takes 1 week instead of 2 to finish their precious raid.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • My guess is any rework would involve synergy with Daka.
  • The whole point of the Daka zeta is to have ALLIES die.

Ventress at least gets her bonuses when you kill an enemy, although the NS are specifically designed to be a dying -and-resurrecting faction: it's not like that was hidden. But still a good 1/2 the point of the Ventress Rampage zeta is to have her allies die and resurrect over and over - that's what the pairing with MT does and that's what it was supposed to do.

Talzin's zeta doesn't matter to zombie since zombie is going to revive on its own - it won't need to be brought back by the Leadership zeta and it won't stay dead long enough to get free attacks.

So this whole thing is only about one specific phase of one specific raid: p3 of STR. If you use NS in p4, you're using Ventress lead and going for turnover, not repeated deaths/resurrections (since you don't get free resurrections with Ventress lead). It's going to affect Ventress some, but not that much, outside STR, but it will completely sabotage the Daka zeta outside STR.

So... you're destroying the concept of a dying - and - rising toon because in a raid chock full of special rules already (this does that, healers get extra health, this other thing has this other bonus or penalty) the dying and rising of the zombie bothers you more than the free dying & rising that's going to be going on with MT's leadership?

And you're sabotaging the Daka zeta not just in the raid, but **everywhere** because you can't just have a special rule for zombie behavior in the STR raid (or even just the p3 of the STR raid)?

I'm really curious why this isn't being done as a raid-phase rework rather than a toon-rework. The problem isn't with the toon (if there even is a problem). The problem (if there is a problem) is with the raid behavior.

I just don't get it.
  • I'm not saying I cool with them reworking zombie now, but one thing that could work is a comprise between the highly geared zombie and the paper zombie. You could give the zombie a suicide attack with a short cooldown. That way it could absorb more damage and then die on command, this could make that whole dynamic work while reconciling both sides of the debate. Would be an interesting boost to the faction, and keep all players content.
  • The whole point of the Daka zeta is to have ALLIES die.

Ventress at least gets her bonuses when you kill an enemy, although the NS are specifically designed to be a dying -and-resurrecting faction: it's not like that was hidden. But still a good 1/2 the point of the Ventress Rampage zeta is to have her allies die and resurrect over and over - that's what the pairing with MT does and that's what it was supposed to do.

Talzin's zeta doesn't matter to zombie since zombie is going to revive on its own - it won't need to be brought back by the Leadership zeta and it won't stay dead long enough to get free attacks.

So this whole thing is only about one specific phase of one specific raid: p3 of STR. If you use NS in p4, you're using Ventress lead and going for turnover, not repeated deaths/resurrections (since you don't get free resurrections with Ventress lead). It's going to affect Ventress some, but not that much, outside STR, but it will completely sabotage the Daka zeta outside STR.

So... you're destroying the concept of a dying - and - rising toon because in a raid chock full of special rules already (this does that, healers get extra health, this other thing has this other bonus or penalty) the dying and rising of the zombie bothers you more than the free dying & rising that's going to be going on with MT's leadership?

And you're sabotaging the Daka zeta not just in the raid, but **everywhere** because you can't just have a special rule for zombie behavior in the STR raid (or even just the p3 of the STR raid)?

I'm really curious why this isn't being done as a raid-phase rework rather than a toon-rework. The problem isn't with the toon (if there even is a problem). The problem (if there is a problem) is with the raid behavior.

I just don't get it.

The whole point isn't necessarily the raid. It's that no character should ever be better at low gear than high gear. Never should a player have to regret gearing up a character too much. More gear should make a better character 100% of the time, in every game mode.

In theory, I completely agree with this idea, even tho I currently take advantage of a low gear Zombie. My only fear is that their solution will simply be a massive nerf to either Zombie, or other Night Sisters. With a 4 Night Sister arena team, I'm definitely worried they're going to butcher my team with a heafty beating from the nerf bat as a poorly thought out solution.

Dude, you killed Acolyte with the nerf, You can't run that team in arena anymore, Acolytes double shot was the tires on that car that kept it rolling.

It was artificial, from the devs, to fix something else, and it turned a double A team back into just another B squad except for few cases.

So yeah, I'm "nervous" about what you're now going to do with Zombie... which is the fuel of the NS car... nervous it'll flop back to a C team after your "fix".... a C team with a lot of Zetas and G2 gear............
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • What do you think of my suicide attack solution?
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    What do you think of my suicide attack solution?

I like it. But honestly, I feel ea is probably looking for a nerf, not a buff... Unfortunately.
  • Unfortunately