Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• Gorem wrote: »
    You guys complain about everything.

And complaining about everything is how we advance as a society, people like you are the real problem, the people who chose to complain at the people wanting things to be better. People like you complain more so then everyone because this complain is literally a complaint at the universe. How dare we seek light or electricity, how dare we invent the internet, mustn't complain about poverty or taxes or ways to prevent death, better to just die from disease then complain about it and get a cure made. <3

First step to realising the future - the moment everyone stops complaining, the moment we stop advancing.

Lol it's a game, not a project for the betterment of mankind.

And complaining does nothing to further advancement of any kind. Action does.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    They should really go back to releasing brand new characters in chromium packs only to give people a taste of what new toon releases used to be like. People would change their tune on marquee characters pretty fast.

Its not the marquee thats the problem... its the acknowledgement that there are too many.

The acknowledgement that a change is being made / we hear you... and then dropping a hint that legendaries are coming and weve seen the hints and know what to do.

Then after people begin farming based on expectations of 3 possible legendaries and post about them on the devs own forum, the problem is lack of communication to fix the wrong information.

An official thread in the dev section to explain legendaries are coming but a few more marquee are planned and confirm no BH legendary at this time would have done wonders to reduce todays reactions.

Sure jango fans would be upset he wasnt getting a legendary, but people wouldnt be farming bossk super hard for an event thats not happening.

Just the slightest communication was all it would take.

That and hiding behind changing plans doesnt happen overnight is lame. You didnt have to release the character yet and could have reworked it into an event... the issue is not time but rather corporate desires
  • NicWester wrote: »
    What do folks who hate marquees propose to replace them with? Is every character a legendary now?

They don't need to be replaced they need to be properly paced. They need to be broken up with the occassional legendary character and we don't need 6 of them a month. When the character have gone through their pay to own period, they need to be added to something other than a single hard node, which over 50% of current characters are being placed on, and finally they need to be offering legendary characters that make sense. You can argue that Jango shouldn't be a legendary, but they allowed the rumor the persist for months that he would be, then they teased him like he would be, then they said nope. Now people are farming Solo toons and 1 of 2 things are going to happen. People are farming them in vain because it's another rumor that have allowed to persist or they are required for a legendary event even though there are zero characters from that movie that are deserving of being a legendary character.

All CG has been doing is shooting themselves in the foot and this type of behavior on their part does nothing but shut the wallets of small spenders, who make up a sizable chunk of their overall revenue.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Jefferx wrote: »
    CG explain clearly two important things here:
    1. They already understand that’s is too much marquee event in a row and they will fix this in the future BUT, considering the fact that they have to plan months in advance what’s is coming in the game that’s why we still have a marquee for jengo fett.
    2. They explained that the next toon that will come in the game is not a marquee event.

So I really don’t understand why people still complaining about this.

Because they didnt explain that they had a marquee coming when they acknowledged the marquee over use.

Because they didnt correct the community until 2 hours after the kit reveal.

Because a small amount of communication done weeks ago would have prevented all but those feeling jango deserved a legendary event. (Not fixable by CG in this case)

Had they done any of that, id agree that the complaints are unwaranted.

#2 is the only thing we have going for us in this.

Actually on Friday a few hours after the teaser was posted Carrie specifically said not to get your hopes up that it was a legendary.
  • Coran_Horn
    58 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Schustring wrote: »
    I think it’s funny when f2p players complain about marquee events... CG created marquee events to pacify f2p players... because they cried when the legendary and heroes journeys required toons that were either newly available to f2p or locked behind pay walls... so CG had to find a way to allow the characters to be obtainable by everyone but yet still be able to pay their employees with something more than the adoration and love of the f2p players... marquee events allowed that. Do you think the whales were complaining about the methods of acquiring characters before marquees were introduced? No, they weren’t... The people complaining about marquees on this board will be the same ones complaining about the next legendary that requires a character that everyone hasn’t had for the last 2 years. Pick a lane.

I can assure you that most complains comes from paying players like myself...

The problem is that they keep pacing up the new content and activities but don't change rewards... You receive the same energy as before but have ten times more things to do with it... It's getting frustrating having to pay for each new characters or farming them only thought hard nodes...

As the Force does, the game needs Balance... That's what the complaining is about...

Don't try to be a smarty pants
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    1. They already understand that’s is too much marquee event in a row and they will fix this in the future BUT, considering the fact that they have to plan months in advance what’s is coming in the game that’s why we still have a marquee for jengo fett.
    2. They explained that the next toon that will come in the game is not a marquee event.

Because they didnt explain that they had a marquee coming when they acknowledged the marquee over use.

Because a small amount of communication done weeks ago would have prevented all but those feeling jango deserved a legendary event. (Not fixable by CG in this case)

Actually on Friday a few hours after the teaser was posted Carrie specifically said not to get your hopes up that it was a legendary.

And it somehow didnt warrant an its own thread?

Even the gamechangers on youtube missed it. You would think if they can do one after the kit reveal they could do an official thread for it before
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    They should really go back to releasing brand new characters in chromium packs only to give people a taste of what new toon releases used to be like. People would change their tune on marquee characters pretty fast.

You mean like most other games? Marquees were the answer to appeasing whales, f2p, and other p2p players someone said earlier in order to appease the entire playerbase. But that right there shows the immense flaw with this game from the get go as the goal should have always been to appease everyone and not cater to one demographic over another. This is what happens when you build a MMO game that is based around a system in which players are allowed to buy characters, gear and resources outright and gain an advantage over other players instead of limiting micro transactions to mostly aesthetic things. You create a huge split in the playerbase and balancing it becomes increasingly difficult.

Even the gamechangers on youtube missed it. You would think if they can do one after the kit reveal they could do an official thread for it before

Guess she thought posting in the main speculation thread would be enough.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited September 2018

This is true
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    You guys complain about everything.

And complaining about everything is how we advance as a society, people like you are the real problem, the people who chose to complain at the people wanting things to be better. People like you complain more so then everyone because this complain is literally a complaint at the universe. How dare we seek light or electricity, how dare we invent the internet, mustn't complain about poverty or taxes or ways to prevent death, better to just die from disease then complain about it and get a cure made. <3

First step to realising the future - the moment everyone stops complaining, the moment we stop advancing.

I’m not sure what’s more troubling— that someone actually posted this or that 3 other people agreed with it.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Just my two cents - I get the capitalism point of Marquees. I don’t mind. Business is business.

I think the choice of no longer adding characters in a majority of the shops is boring. Only marquee events is boring. I don’t get excited about the new characters, and usually only read their kits enough to know what the whales I face in TW/Arena are working with. No reason to try on clothes I can’t afford. So the excitement that used to be new characters is also now just boring.

The hate and rage and quit threats come from a bad place - but I can see aspects of this game get boring, and continuing to get bored by something definitely doesn’t inspire continued play. And I don’t say that as a threat, because I enjoy this game and the entertainment it currently provides - but honestly more for the community, my guild, and fresh content ready to play (HSTR and the pride and accomplishment of beating that). New characters should be exciting, but it just falls flat.

I actually liked how they released Wicket/Talzin (specifically after then also making them farmable). It was different, gave a regular chance to whale out or at least make progress a little steadier. As it is now it’s a great format.

The only real complaint is the influx of marquee characters infiltrating TB table so soon after release. I get why, I get the changes they made to alleviate it. But that’s the only real issue here.

A Bounty Hunter legendary would be cool because 90% of the player base would probably unlock. Then the entire meta changes overnight. We all complain about the gear crunch, credit crunch, and wasted zetas and gear for our arena teams that are now less useful in PVP (outside of TW of course). I don’t think it should have been a legendary, but this is just a boring release. Just like the last one, and the one before.

Cheers.

• @edison. I liked your post. Well said
  • Is it legendary worthy is an entirely other argument. You could argue that thrawn,r2 and bb8 arent on the same level as palp and yoda so they should not be legendary. But point stands that jango is a fan favourite and that they should have honored that with a legendary event. Other thing is, and i think that is the main problem is here that they put him as a marquee and then people who want him need to wait for a year to finnaly use him.
  • Another 3-star G11 character to add to my inventory and wait to get more stars someday. Marquee, rinse, repeat. Lol

I would actually like to spend money on this game. I play it everyday and I have gotten hours and hours of entertainment out of it. I think CG deserves their due for that just like anyone does. But not at extreme crazy rip-off prices that no reasonable person can afford. I just can't do it. If these packs they were selling were like a buck or two apiece, how many of us would snap them up? Probably a lot. So instead of a few hundred people buying $60 or $100 packs (or $300 for one marquee character!! What?!?!), you would have thousands upon thousands of people buying $1 or $2 packs. You do the math. It would add up for them very fast.

But around $300 just to get one new character to 7-stars? And that doesn't even touch gear or mods. For real? I didn't even pay that much for my PS4; and it came with a game, like the WHOLE game and all the characters in it. I could spend almost as much maxing out a couple characters as I have spent on ALL the video games/systems I have ever owned in my entire life! Think about that for a second...

This is just not good business. Good business is win-win. You get paid and I get a product and/or service for a fair price. Everyone goes home happy. This is the extreme end of rip-off business practices. Buts its like the cost of gas...as long as someone is willing to pay it...the price will stay there. EVERYONE has to be willing to do without for awhile to get things adjusted back to where they should be, and that is not the case.

Rant over....I enjoy the game tremendously. I am going to keep playing the game and enjoying the game. But they wont get a red cent out of me that these crazy prices.

• They are insane see. i4nj3pc4ycsg.jpg
  • Right. You're not gonna complain away a company's need to produce revenue just because you don't want to spend anything. I'm guessing these people have a "Mallrat" mentality. I am a spender, and irritated that Nest went behind the single hardest node in the game. I bought the pack and spent a Zeta thinking I would be able to use her in relatively short order.

It's putting all the marquee characters (with the exception of a couple) behind hard node farms is where the progress slows to a halt.

Here's a suggestion... don't put anything permanently in a location. Randomize it...everything else is RNG. Maybe I pick up 5 shards of Nest in a hard node...the next week she's in the guild store....then a fleet pickup....then the jackpot, the galactic war store.

I don't honestly think that would be the best way, but more variety would be good. Also, allow us to farm 5 toons in a squad without needing to double up. Like my issue with the Vets needed for Rey Jedi Training both being 16 energy Cantina drops. I can most certainly count out unlocking her for at least a year.

Let the whales be whales and know your place in the pecking order. But for the sake of ALL players, MAKE FARMING GREAT AGAIN!
  • Very tired of marquee events. Seems like the value offered by CG is continuing to decline.
  • Seems ppl miss wedge/b2/rex releases.
  • Ricklo wrote: »
    Ricklo wrote: »
    The main issue here is that you have one of the most desired toon releases being done in a fashion that most everyone has already complained about. Marquees are boring, auto battle through a bunch of the same garbage to get your 3 Star toon, hooray.

Yes, it’s nice to keep getting more toons for basically nothing...but just don’t cheapen the process on the most important toons in the game.

And for those who jump on this thread to hate on people having a problem with this, maybe you need to learn a little more about Star Wars and why Jango is important.

He has like 15 minutes of screen time and only exists because Boba was so popular in the OT. If Boba isn't legendary then why would Jango be?

He is the father of the entire clone army which had a little impact on the OT.

Donating some genetic material hardly makes you significant.

Argue his overall significance all you want, but is there really any other BH that is more important? If there’s not a legendary for him, then I just don’t see one coming for Bounty Hunters at all and that’s disappointing.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    So much complaining...many of you are little children who throw a fit when what happens isn't what you perceive as fair. Thankfully CG understands there is always going to be a population of entitled players who spend zero, expect the world, and whine to anyone who will listen to the injustices forced upon them.

Nice generalization.
    As a whale (bought nest and bastila 7 star) and someone who will buy jango and consider 7 starring him.... im still not liking the lack of communication around this one

And yes my $300 purchases do net me the right to complain about things i see wrong with the game. (I also spent $10 this morning and even that should give me the right to state my dislike of the communication surrounding this)

But again generalize all you want, ill still be complaining when its warranted and praising when its warranted. Such is the role i play as a paying whale.
    So much complaining...many of you are little children who throw a fit when what happens isn't what you perceive as fair. Thankfully CG understands there is always going to be a population of entitled players who spend zero, expect the world, and whine to anyone who will listen to the injustices forced upon them.

Nice generalization.
    As a whale (bought nest and bastila 7 star) and someone who will buy jango and consider 7 starring him.... im still not liking the lack of communication around this one

And yes my $300 purchases do net me the right to complain about things i see wrong with the game. (I also spent $10 this morning and even that should give me the right to state my dislike of the communication surrounding this)

But again generalize all you want, ill still be complaining when its warranted and praising when its warranted. Such is the role i play as a paying whale.

Thanks for expressing that so clearly... Exact same situation with Visas and Bastila bought from the game to grind them up to 7 stars... On my side, I won't pour a penny more into that game until they change things...

Don't know why some people have that urge to critize people complaining... I am entitled to it but a non paying player is also entitled to express it's opinion....

Just see the amount of reactions in less than 24hours...don't think you see that everyday
  • So, F2P here. I know how frustrating this game can be, but I'm not sure anyone is really understanding the point here. Yes, marquees suck. Yes, they don't communicate as much as we want. Yes, single hard mode farms are the WORST. But guess what. We just got a HUGE company to actually listen to us and they realize they have made a mistake and caused a disservice to us as players. Now they are working on a solution for it.

How many of us have a made a mistake and been able to fix it in a few days for MILLIONS of people? Probably no one. But there will be a solution coming. And the fact that CG is starting to have fun with us again with the teasers, and actually telling us, "Hey we messed up. We are working on it(marquees, quick nerfs, Rewards, TB cancellation, ect.)," is more than enough for me. It may not be exactly what we want, but causing any sort of change is a big deal.

Let's give them a some time to see what they come up with. Even if it's only incrementally better, it's an improvement, and a welcome one.
  • TheOneAndOnlyStanima
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2018

Yes...what he said. Like someone who doesn't vote, but thinks they can complain about the elected official.
    What do folks who hate marquees propose to replace them with? Is every character a legendary now?

Quoting myself because there are still no good answers. It’s good to critique and offer feedback, but you have to also acknowledge that you can’t just destroy a system without replacing it with something else.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    NicWester wrote: »

Quoting myself because there are still no good answers. It’s good to critique and offer feedback, but you have to also acknowledge that you can’t just destroy a system without replacing it with something else.

I would just like them to vary stuff - marquee, legendary, journey, straight-to-nodes, straight-to-shop (run a rotation in shops or something), reward for other events (tb,tw, raids), just-as-a-gift. Probably some other stuff that I cant think of right now.

Guess she thought posting in the main speculation thread would be enough.

Ya post an answer half way down the page of a post to make sure everyone knows whats going on instead of editing the original post so its up at the top of page 1 or better yet creating a whole new topic. Instead they essentially hide it and put the burden on everyone else to find it.
  • I just don't care that he's going a marquee character. He'll still be just as good as any other top tier character. Let CG make their money, and the whales swim in their special water for a while.

As for this upcoming NON-marquee character - can I hear an Amidala, please??

Nice generalization.

You are going to have eat a lot more krill before you can call yourself a whale, young Nemo. Hope you are enjoying your purchases!
This discussion has been closed.