So, my "Empire" team

7* Tarkin, 6* Vader and TFP, 5* KRU and Royal Guard. Around lvl 70-72. All g8.

Should I replace RG with someone else or stick with him for awhile longer? What are the replacement options? I know Stormtrooper has better taunt and attack, but I feel I can't do without RG's stun.

My rebels have a long way to go, therefore so is the Emperor. Any other ideas?

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Stormtrooper is pretty meh from my experience. I geared him up a bit when I was trying to round out an Empire squad and kind of regretted it. Maybe he gets good at really high gear tiers, I dunno, but based on your current squad that's a ways off yet anyway.

If you do swap him out - which seems like a wise move if you already have KRU in there tanking - you could go for one of the other troopers. Magmatrooper and Deathtrooper are both fairly easy farms with solid damage output, and either would get you a head start for an eventual Veers/Starck squad. Personally I would go for Magma and focus your Cantina energy on getting Kylo starred up. He becomes a really strong tank, and is essential as leader for First Order.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• If you plan on staying with ds empire/sith, I would start farming shore trooper or sion for a tank. They are both way better than royal guard or kru in an empire team. Sion is viable at low stars so you could get him in pretty soon if you gear him.

If you want to run a double tank, you could run kru and sion as tanks. The mass dispel and pain more than make up for royal guard's stun.

Then when you finally get ep replace kru with ep and tfp with thrawn. If you use Phoenix for your rebels you can get both with just one team. Start farming nihilas and eventually reolace tarkin with him. He's also viable at low stars but better once you get ep lead.

Also stack vader with potency and speed. If you get him potent enough, he can land debuffs on bastilla lead and that makes winning much easier. Also a potent tarkin woukd be beneficial.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Hey Peachy. :)

Another option you might consider is Boba Fett:
    * AoE ability block
    * Good DPS
    * Self-sustaining with rez
    * Has a ship you can farm
    * Handy for credit heists
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • The obvious choice is Palp and Thrawn instead of KRU and RG then you will have a much better squad by a long long way, but they both require rebels (Phoenix) to obtain and that might not be suitable if you dont have them.

If you dont have them i would switch out RG for Storm Trooper for sure, RG just doesnt offer enough in my opinion and if you get stuck behind a taunt his stun is useless. RG is not viable late game. KRU could be replaced with Snowtrooper or General Veers, this would give you a way better base for an empire squad IMO

Thrawn and Palp should be the priority for many many reasons, but if not then a combination of either ST, Snowtrooper or GV in for KRU and RG is my opinion!
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Hey Peachy. :)

Another option you might consider is Boba Fett:
    * AoE ability block
    * Good DPS
    * Self-sustaining with rez
    * Has a ship you can farm
    * Handy for credit heists

Knew you were lurking in there somewhere. :wink:

I am indeed trying to get Boba for the 5th ship on my DS fleet, but I don't know how well he would fit into an Empire team...
  • Thanks guys for your comments. I'm going to develop Stormtrooper for now. It wouldn't hurt because he can come in handy when I need a true Empire team...

The other, real, takeaway I guess is I need to go back to meta and put together a phoenix team if I want both EP and Thrawn. But what's the point of other Rebel teams, then, if Phoenix can double as Rebel and even Jedi?
  • Definately Shore trooper to replace Royal Guard and Once you get palpatine then use him (obviously down the road) start farming shore trooper for sure
  • Thanks guys for your comments. I'm going to develop Stormtrooper for now. It wouldn't hurt because he can come in handy when I need a true Empire team...

The other, real, takeaway I guess is I need to go back to meta and put together a phoenix team if I want both EP and Thrawn. But what's the point of other Rebel teams, then, if Phoenix can double as Rebel and even Jedi?

LS TB, more teams for TW, and the specific ones you need to unlock CLS of course. Also wedge/biggs are great pilots for ship battles.

Phoenix are good early game but the point of other Rebel teams are that Phoenix are not really that great later game. You only really have Ezra who can do damage (And maybe Sabine if you go for that long grind). If you had a different Rebel team with say Wiggs, Leia etc you will be able to do way more damage that Phoenix could do.

My personal current position is, Phoenix all 7*, Empire all 7* including Palp and Thrawn, now working on a stronger Rebel team with Wiggs, Leia etc and hope to add R2D2 when i unlock him with my Empire squad when he rolls around! Now i have Palp and Thrawn both at 7* im sort of done with Phoenix as they really dont dish out the damage like other teams.
  • I saw a guy hang on to top for 50 with Phoenix for quite a while.....but he had all gold rings and full Zetas on them. Now he’s running 7* Bastila Gold Ring Team :)

Stormtrooper is a very good tank. Totally worth developing. Most effective on Imperial Trooper squads (Veers lead). Don't regret mine at all. You might not appreciate his tanky nature until g10-11, though.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I saw a guy hang on to top for 50 with Phoenix for quite a while.....but he had all gold rings and full Zetas on them. Now he’s running 7* Bastila Gold Ring Team :)

phoenix are only for thrawn, then they suck. you're on a newer shard I assume, but still. ezra and sabine can be good, but the rest? mehhh

ps for tw they are just ok
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I saw a guy hang on to top for 50 with Phoenix for quite a while.....but he had all gold rings and full Zetas on them. Now he’s running 7* Bastila Gold Ring Team :)

7* Bastila now? Somebody must have opened their wallet quite a bit...