Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• Thank you :)
  • Kriesha wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    What do folks who hate marquees propose to replace them with? Is every character a legendary now?

Quoting myself because there are still no good answers. It’s good to critique and offer feedback, but you have to also acknowledge that you can’t just destroy a system without replacing it with something else.

I would just like them to vary stuff - marquee, legendary, journey, straight-to-nodes, straight-to-shop (run a rotation in shops or something), reward for other events (tb,tw, raids), just-as-a-gift. Probably some other stuff that I cant think of right now.

Speaking financially, if it's marquee characters that are keeping them alive, then bring them on.

That said, I'd love to see some of the generic characters in this game start popping up on rotation in the shard shop, etc. I'd start farming Stormtrooper Commander and similar character in a heartbeat - even if their kits were only just the mostly average filler that they are now.
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    What do folks who hate marquees propose to replace them with? Is every character a legendary now?

I like this question and have been thinking about it for a while, but wasn’t sure if this would be the right place to respond. Thanks for reposting it because I didn’t see it the first time.

I think the marquee as it is is a great way to launch a character. Unlocks it for everyone, fun to play them and try out their kit. It’s the follow up.

My thoughts on a few things that would make a huge impact:

Bringing characters back to regularly earned currency shops - i still think the Phoenix release was perfect. Characters were everywhere and varying degrees of difficulty to obtain. It took focus but was manageable. Thrawn was a challenge to get, I personally didn’t farm hard enough to get him the first time around. But it was reasonable. This whole single node or crystal shop thing has left me with no desire to pursue these new characters. Especially since to really get the most out of them you need them all. So it’s not a single node character farm to lament, it’s how many single node character farms required, and how many overlap areas there are. I love Range Trooper and have no issue with his single hard node and am happy to do it. One thing I can focus on and plug into my existing team.

Keep Marquee characters out of TB tables OR restructure how that whole thing works - Whale on a character to sacrifice for your guild, or have no chance at ever clearing the board. Don’t get to use them, which is one of the main things you farm them for, and it’s a waste. It’s also infuriating to have these things required when the only way to have them is P2P.

New ways to get character shards - similar to the Wicket/Talzin thing, that was fun.

I’d absolutely love to have a mini-legendary event every single day. 5 battles requiring a specific or RNG generated team, 1 shard for a daily selected marquee earned per battle. (IE Earn Shards for Bastilla Today by Using a Squad of Bounty Hunters!)

One refresh on each battle costing 100 crystals.
    Refreshing the random marquee character of the day costs 50 so you can try to roll someone you want. (IE Re-roll your Bastilla daily event to be for Jango)

Gives me a use for all of the characters I’m farming and gearing, give me a reason to log in, and give me a reason to use more crystals which is what you want.

Really good RNG will land you 5 shards in a day on a hard node, so it’s not breaking the game - but it gives progress no matter what, and allows for a potentially cheaper/longer route to buying up a character.

~15 marquee characters have been released. If you had to refresh your daily event 14 times to get the character you wanted and bought the extra battles each day, that would be 1200 crystals for 10 shards. Close to what the packs are, with bad RNG, and also takes a month to 7* doing that - still encouraging packs to be bought outright by the whales who need it now.

For those of us that don't want to spend crystals, we're slowly getting 5 shards per day for different marquee characters, making it so when we do go to farm them eventually, we're already on our way!

I’d love to hear thoughts on that sort of concept because it seems fair, engaging, and also just as profitable while giving people a chance to move the needle. But I could be over glorifying my own mind, which humans tend to do often.

Edited for cleanup
  • (new toon releases...)

"Marquee... marquee... marquee... marquee..."

I can't complain though tbh. At least we're getting Jango for free and they're not making him have a legendary event and requiring us to have a 7 star Embo and Aurra Sing BH team. And at least we've been told that the next toon release will be a legendary. :)

...so I'm cool with it. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    And at least we've been told that the next toon release will be a legendary. :)

...so I'm cool with it. ;)

Misinformation like this seems to be why the community is disappointed so often. We were not told it would be a legendary event. Just that it wouldn't be marquee.
  • Please if it isnt to late postpone this toon if we can just make it anything put a marque! Im so sick of them and Jango is too good to be another marque, no one wants to wait 9MONTHS! (assuming hes on a hard node)
  • Thrawn was never on the big screen and he got a legendary? I don't see how a character that was never in a movie is relevant for legendary yet Jango is not, at least Jango is proper cannon.

I'm a fan of thrawn from the novels, which is where he originally appeared. Speaking of the novels Jango was actually quite prevelant especially when he led a mandalorian uprising that killed thousands of jedi, or when he strangled yoda's padawan to death, kinda legendary.

I love this game, but this is truely getting old. Jango was the perfect chance to throw us a bone, it just makes no sense.

If screen time is how we measure a characters worth to be legendary, then I hope we don't get a legendary from Kotor, none of them were ever on screen. Moreover why even add them?

Ahh, more marquee dollars. I used to spend on marquee events, but these days they are way too redundant.
  • This game is about o die from this ****
  • Too much hype for another marquee event. Stop crying wolf.
  • Wow, so many glum responses out there. This is actually exciting the addition of the father of all clones. Yeah it's a bummer he's being released via another marquee event and the whales will definitely get him maxed out quickly. Although we should be mindful that everyone fills a role in keeping balance in the force. Whales undoubtedly keep the game funded which brings new content and news toons to the game. Dalphins pretty much the same as whales but don't spend as much and free to play players fill the role of using patience and ponder the question of whether or not to spend money on the game.
    If your a fan of Star Wars then this can be a very satisfying game both as f2p, dalphin players and whales. I'm still playing few months after the game 1st came out and maybe spent $450 during that time. There are only 3 toons I do not have unlocked and most of my toons are 7 starred.

I think and believe the next legendary toon will be Revan.

May the force be with you all, especially those to be affected by hurricane florence.
  • Where this Marquis event at with the new character? I got the update and I know see a ship event at game reset. EA does a good job at confusing people.
  • There's was a blurry photo that said 9/12/18 on it. So where is this at? It's not the ship one as that comes out 9/13/18.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    So much complaining...many of you are little children who throw a fit when what happens isn't what you perceive as fair. Thankfully CG understands there is always going to be a population of entitled players who spend zero, expect the world, and whine to anyone who will listen to the injustices forced upon them.

Nice generalization.
    As a whale (bought nest and bastila 7 star) and someone who will buy jango and consider 7 starring him.... im still not liking the lack of communication around this one

And yes my $300 purchases do net me the right to complain about things i see wrong with the game. (I also spent $10 this morning and even that should give me the right to state my dislike of the communication surrounding this)

But again generalize all you want, ill still be complaining when its warranted and praising when its warranted. Such is the role i play as a paying whale.

You are going to have eat a lot more krill before you can call yourself a whale, young Nemo. Hope you are enjoying your purchases!

Petty
  • My Two cents in regards to Jango Marquee - tongue firmly in cheek:
    z36jtcibvjy1.jpg

Kill the Marquee - Rework Mace!!! :wink:
  • casper1jr wrote: »
    Where this Marquis event at with the new character? I got the update and I know see a ship event at game reset. EA does a good job at confusing people.

The Template in the Tempest
    Finally, Jango Fett arrives on the Holotables. This notorious Bounty Hunter can be acquired in The Template in the Tempest Marquee event. Owing to the mystique and fan fondness for this character, we've added some extra "oomph" into this event with bonus rewards and some additional tiers where you can take Jango (and other Bounty Hunters) on some missions. These bounty tiers are replayable each day for the duration of the event, and award mod salvage. For more details about Jango Fett check out his kit reveal here.
    Event begins: September 20th
    Level requirements for event: 20+
    Forced Ally: Jango Fett

Forum users do a good job at not reading the releases.
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    Kriesha wrote: »

Quoting myself because there are still no good answers. It’s good to critique and offer feedback, but you have to also acknowledge that you can’t just destroy a system without replacing it with something else.

I would just like them to vary stuff - marquee, legendary, journey, straight-to-nodes, straight-to-shop (run a rotation in shops or something), reward for other events (tb,tw, raids), just-as-a-gift. Probably some other stuff that I cant think of right now.

Speaking financially, if it's marquee characters that are keeping them alive, then bring them on.

That said, I'd love to see some of the generic characters in this game start popping up on rotation in the shard shop, etc. I'd start farming Stormtrooper Commander and similar character in a heartbeat - even if their kits were only just the mostly average filler that they are now.

Keep them alive. They make a killing on the marques to the point they are the highest grossing game in the app store. The issue is they keep trying to milk people after the marque is over and the characters go f2p but placing the vaste majority in hard nodes. The is what we are tired of. And you can also believe they is going to be hell to play if they end up doing a Solo movie legendary instead of a BG/Jengo event.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    So much complaining...many of you are little children who throw a fit when what happens isn't what you perceive as fair. Thankfully CG understands there is always going to be a population of entitled players who spend zero, expect the world, and whine to anyone who will listen to the injustices forced upon them.

Nice generalization.
    As a whale (bought nest and bastila 7 star) and someone who will buy jango and consider 7 starring him.... im still not liking the lack of communication around this one

And yes my $300 purchases do net me the right to complain about things i see wrong with the game. (I also spent $10 this morning and even that should give me the right to state my dislike of the communication surrounding this)

But again generalize all you want, ill still be complaining when its warranted and praising when its warranted. Such is the role i play as a paying whale.

Lol, I don't know that this makes you a whale, but let's not get into that.

Just because you spentd money on a game does not give you a right to throw a temper tantrum. Constructive and realistic criticism is okay, but there is so much toxic entitlement from some FTP and some who spend a little money so they think CG works for them.

I've spent more $$$ on this game than every game I've ever played combined, but I dont feel I have the right to throw a fit if something doesn't fit my perceived expectation. Discussions are fine, crying is for children.

Then your avi is of the biggest child to ever play the game of football. Everyone from f2p players to the largest whale as the right to voice their opinions on what is happening within this game, because we all play it. You you think that shouldn't be the case, keep in mind that without a f2p population, there is no game for you period. And this company has proven time and time again, that they don't listen to calm discussion. They only listen to the mob, as sad as that is. They have conditioned everyone to behave the way they do by refusing to act on any criticism unless its litterally screamed in their face.
  • Personally, I'm fine with this. It is a business, and a business has to make money. If they just handed everything out free we wouldn't still be getting new content. In fact they'd just go under. I've been playing this game everyday for 2 years. I log in, do my daily objectives, hit the events when they pop up, and go on with my day. It passes the time while there's down time at work. I may have spent ten bucks total on this game, but I'm still loving it. I know that eventually I will get the characters I want and they will eventually be upgraded. It's incentive for me to keep playing. I'm not paying to just have powerful characters handed to me. I put in the time and, for me, it's more enjoyable that way. But that's just one man's opinion.
  • 54wuae69bfbf.png
    Hope there will be a rest on this, soon. 8 hard node farms an no gear anymore. And here we come. Another marquee
  • Edison wrote: »
    I think the marquee as it is is a great way to launch a character. Unlocks it for everyone, fun to play them and try out their kit. It’s the follow up.

These are all good and great ideas because you get it: Marquees are great for everyone.

You illustrate the thing I said in my thread a while back (Why the Marquee structure owns bones)--people are so mad at Marquees that they don't realize what they're actually mad at is the release cadence. Marquee events just give you your initial 50 shards and a bunch of mods that hopefully are useful to you and are great. The release cadence is what takes months and determines where a character lands once released.

But everyone is out here taking to the streets with their torches and pitchforks trying to bring the end of the Marquee like that would solve the hard nodes or shorten the time it takes to become farmable.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • A lot of comments on here are right "they need to make a profit"

But, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun, and it's also not going to kill them to throw us a bone now and again. The community as basically been looking for this Jango legendary for years. And, basic practice here, meet the demand.

But no, it's a marquee.... they just want to keep the money train rollin'. Personally, I'm more ticked off about the Acolyte nerf... but whatever. They just keep piling up Sith on the Dumpster fire......
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I don't think people are trying to burn the Marquee Events. They are actually great. The problem isn't that we have Marquee Events, the problem is that they made JANGO FETT a marquee when he is definitely legendary potential. His kit definitely speaks to it. Also, the sheer number of marquee events without any break to actually gear and farm them is upsetting people. And to add to that, putting those marquee toons on single hard nodes means most people won't have them really that viable for 6-9mon.

With near 30 marquee toons having hit the game this year that becomes draining.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Just noticed I gotta update my "signature."
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I don't think people are trying to burn the Marquee Events. They are actually great. The problem isn't that we have Marquee Events, the problem is that they made JANGO FETT a marquee when he is definitely legendary potential. His kit definitely speaks to it. Also, the sheer number of marquee events without any break to actually gear and farm them is upsetting people. And to add to that, putting those marquee toons on single hard nodes means most people won't have them really that viable for 6-9mon.

With near 30 marquee toons having hit the game this year that becomes draining.

I definitely don't disagree. I think the idea is that we need to start saying more than just "Ugh, another Marquee!" and start looking into how we can make the system work better for everyone involved. I think ideas, and genuine feedback on systems that would work more to the advantage of everyone are too often buried by hate, threats of quitting, etc.

Dialogue rarely gets started and continued on what we would actually prefer as players that still keeps this game being a financial juggernaut for CG. Which is a concept people don't agree with, but we need to respect. Whatever job you have, or I have... If someone came to me and asked me to make less per year so that my customers would be happier... I'd either find a new job, or tell them to kitten off. A business will absolutely run in the same way. So the conversation eventually needs to change from "Stop trying to be greedy" to "This is how you can make the same money, while also keeping everyone happy, while also not destroying any balance in this game."

In my first response, I brought up how Jango as a legendary would have either been a) too accessible negatively altering the game with his kit (If they only need 5x BH to complete, he would overrun the game and his Kit would change the meta too quickly) or b) too expensive (the way to keep him from taking over with a legendary would be to require only the new BHs for his legendary, effectively making him 5x more expensive than he is now).

Also, while I think his kit is amazing, he's meta changing which actually rarely goes to legendary releases. Those characters are plug and play, great pieces of a variety of teams, and do not redefine meta (legendary, meaning not RJT/CLS). Palp became meta for a while, but after how long before his recent update? Same thing with Yoda. And both of those kits also allowed for a variety of teams with checks and balances involved.

Thanks for engaging in conversation about this!
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    When will they add the Bendu in the game ?

We need him asap
  • Kriesha wrote: »

This. Just change it up. I realize it can't be done overnight (he said, tongue firmly in his cheek...)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The only issue I can see with frequent marquees is, they tend to be OP even at low level (Bastilla is taking over the arena with only 4* and a zeta.) So, with so many coming so often the P2W players are upset they cannot have the upper hand by spending and securing their hold. Me personally I do just fine and have not spent anything but time. 100% F2P.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The only issue I can see with frequent marquees is, they tend to be OP even at low level (Bastilla is taking over the arena with only 4* and a zeta.) So, with so many coming so often the P2W players are upset they cannot have the upper hand by spending and securing their hold. Me personally I do just fine and have not spent anything but time. 100% F2P.

There’s a little more to just Bastila and a zeta. Her leader ability and the other 4 Jedi with her increase her survival and viability rate in Arena. Zeta Ezra, Old Ben or Hoda, and GMY plus GK is no small order for a lot of players. That’s a lot of stun guns, carbanti and stun cuffs, plus Golden eyes.
  • The only issue I can see with frequent marquees is, they tend to be OP even at low level (Bastilla is taking over the arena with only 4* and a zeta.) So, with so many coming so often the P2W players are upset they cannot have the upper hand by spending and securing their hold. Me personally I do just fine and have not spent anything but time. 100% F2P.

There’s a little more to just Bastila and a zeta. Her leader ability and the other 4 Jedi with her increase her survival and viability rate in Arena. Zeta Ezra, Old Ben or Hoda, and GMY plus GK is no small order for a lot of players. That’s a lot of stun guns, carbanti and stun cuffs, plus Golden eyes.

She is getting lots of play on my shard. With so many running HAAT on farm now, obtaining GK is a lot easier, but yes gearing is slower for some.
This discussion has been closed.