Marquees and Jango Fett [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• I don't mind marquee events at all. I just wish they would use the shard, arena, cantina shops more than hard nodes.

I mean if you have been playing a while like me those places are just shard shop converters no new toons in forever.

after a week roll into chromiums, week later into shipment, couple weeks later roll them into one of the other shops. most of the whales I see buy the characters fist week or two.

I love legendary events when it is not a massive fam but they are so infrequent when you get caught missing a toon they suck as well. the first JTR event I was no where near ready on my vets so I had to wait forever.
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    kyrolan wrote: »
    mean if you have been playing a while like me those places are just shard shop converters no new toons in forever.

Not to be the buzzkill, but just so you aren’t hoarding currency or anticipating new character farms. They’ve stated they will no longer be adding characters to the Arena, Cantina, GW shops. And I believe Fleet Shipments as well - their intent is for those to be only shard shop farms for those who have all of the characters.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    And at least we've been told that the next toon release will be a legendary. :)

...so I'm cool with it. ;)

Misinformation like this seems to be why the community is disappointed so often. We were not told it would be a legendary event. Just that it wouldn't be marquee.

Okay @jhbuchholz Sooorry. Geez. ;) lol. It won't be a marquee. It will be something else... i.e. Legendary OR heroes journey, or something else of the sort for that matter. Better? Lol ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Edison wrote: »
    kyrolan wrote: »
    mean if you have been playing a while like me those places are just shard shop converters no new toons in forever.

Not to be the buzzkill, but just so you aren’t hoarding currency or anticipating new character farms. They’ve stated they will no longer be adding characters to the Arena, Cantina, GW shops. And I believe Fleet Shipments as well - their intent is for those to be only shard shop farms for those who have all of the characters.

We know they’ve said that. However that doesn’t mean that’s the right choice for the overall health of the game. Most people have boards of GW currency. Release a character that may be needed for a legendary there but isn’t meta defining. Takes 1 massive farm off.
    Cantina farms are nice but the frequency of new toons dropping isn’t ok. And fleet table farms are worse than hard node farms because it’s energy refreshes so slow, and it’s refresh is so expensive. They need to expand back into the other shops to not create fatigue and for once not make something about a blatant cash grab. I mean remind me why it’s been over a year for the crystal booster pack and there’s still no update on why it was removed or what will be replacing it. Even though we were explicitly promised something would replace it.
  • Hello friends, relatively new to the game and obviously brand new to the forum.

Pardon me if this was answered earlier, but when/where/how will we be able to get Jango Fett shards?
  • TheOneAndOnlyStanima
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    We know they’ve said that. However that doesn’t mean that’s the right choice for the overall health of the game. Most people have boards of GW currency. Release a character that may be needed for a legendary there but isn’t meta defining. Takes 1 massive farm off.
    Cantina farms are nice but the frequency of new toons dropping isn’t ok. And fleet table farms are worse than hard node farms because it’s energy refreshes so slow, and it’s refresh is so expensive. They need to expand back into the other shops to not create fatigue and for once not make something about a blatant cash grab. I mean remind me why it’s been over a year for the crystal booster pack and there’s still no update on why it was removed or what will be replacing it. Even though we were explicitly promised something would replace it.

Wait?! Crystal Booster pack? What goodness is this? Like pay for a month's worth of time getting extra crystals? Animation Throwdown had something like this that was $10, but lasted a month and gave bonus energy. I'd be all over a monthly like that. I'd put it on auto renew and stick to buying bundles when they were worth it.
  • TheOneAndOnlyStanima
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Cavalcade wrote: »
    Hello friends, relatively new to the game and obviously brand new to the forum.

Pardon me if this was answered earlier, but when/where/how will we be able to get Jango Fett shards?

It's likely that the event will drop soon. Potentially any time now....hold on, let me check the game........nope still just the new ship. You'll be able to pull him at 3 stars for free, then pay $10 to level him to 40, get some gear and ability mats and the 4th star.

Depending on the toon, and your financial situation, the bundle might be worth it. The Jango Fett bundle will be one I buy right away. I picked up Bossk, Embo, and Aura's bundles without batting an eye. And when I started the game in Dec 2017, I got a sweet Boba Fett bundle that really started me off well.
  • Cavalcade wrote: »

Marquee event starting on 9/20 I believe
  • Thanks for the information. I think I've been playing for a little over a month. I believe I dropped $50 to start off with (basically the cost of a game for any of the next-gen systems), but am hesitant to keep pouring money into something like this unless something really catches my eye. That being said, I'm a big fan of bounty hunters, so Jango will be a nice addition to who I already have. (Boba, Embo and Cad Bane are some of my most powerful characters).

I was elated when just a few moments ago, I was able to upgrade Boba Fett to seven stars. I barely poured any money into acquiring him and was thankful to be able to get most of his shards as I leveled up through the various events, arenas, etc. within the game. I'd love to get Embo a lot more powerful, alas, I didn't bite when his package was available in the store, so that's probably my fault. FWIW, paying ~ $50 to level him up with crystals in the shipments area now (roughly $10 per 16) is just completely heinous.

I appreciate the recent pack probabilities information and other tidbits, but I think users of the game should get a lot more bang for their buck, or the developers here and EA (in general) figure out a better way for people to get crystals as daily rewards. You could literally spend $500 and still have a relatively mediocre set of characters power wise. Kind of crazy, but I do enjoy the game.

I lost eight family members in a car crash a few months ago, so it's been a great escapism endeavor for me.
    Cavalcade wrote: »

It's likely that the event will drop soon. Potentially any time now....hold on, let me check the game........nope still just the new ship. You'll be able to pull him at 3 stars for free, then pay $10 to level him to 40, get some gear and ability mats and the 4th star.

Depending on the toon, and your financial situation, the bundle might be worth it. The Jango Fett bundle will be one I buy right away. I picked up Bossk, Embo, and Aura's bundles without batting an eye. And when I started the game in Dec 2017, I got a sweet Boba Fett bundle that really started me off well.

• KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    And at least we've been told that the next toon release will be a legendary. :)

...so I'm cool with it. ;)

Misinformation like this seems to be why the community is disappointed so often. We were not told it would be a legendary event. Just that it wouldn't be marquee.

Okay @jhbuchholz Sooorry. Geez. ;) lol. It won't be a marquee. It will be something else... i.e. Legendary OR heroes journey, or something else of the sort for that matter. Better? Lol ;)

*shrug* Just pointing it out since it seemed to be part of the issue at the heart of the uproar around the Jango Marquee. CG said they recognized the frustration with the number of Marquee Events and that the second half of their fiscal year (October - March) would contain a few legendary and hero's journey-like events. Not that there would be no more Marquees. And yet folks in this thread are paraphrasing CG saying they promised no more Marquees. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Maybe this Jango will be a run-of-the-mill marquee and then the non-marquee release will be a KRU/JTR/CLS version of the same, so Jango (or a new Boba) as we expected him to be? Making all the teases make sense? We just don't know at this point, so why presume that we've been let down?
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

You and I don't disagree, at all. I've been posting in this thread, specifically, about ways to try to fix a lot of these issues that are out there today, because there's a lot of them. The way the OP mentioned "They haven't released a character in those shops in forever" I just thought I'd mention that they came out and said they wouldn't. Meant entirely as informative, and not at all as if I support the decision. The exact opposite, in fact, that earlier I was saying that one thing that would make this Marquee cadence better is if some of those characters dropped into shops again.

Also sidebar, is your screen name referencing the Baltimore Ravens? Because I'm a Baltimore guy, excited about the game tonight, and Go Ravens!
  • The frustration with Marquees is they did not increase drops to upgrade abilities, increase credit heist or training droid cadance, nor give any support to help players realize the potential of these toons. Instead they were viewed as cash grabs and overlooked by many players trying to develop their metas and limited viable teams to use in STR. Now they are doing it again by releasing more ships and ship based events requiring players to upgrade crews who never had a place in or on any teams.
  • So... one of the most requested characters in near three years gets released as a marquee. Three years. Certianly not "overnight" that one, was it? All saying it's an EA game afterall £$£$
  • MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't see why jango would be legendary..just because he cloned him self? Doesn't make him the best bounty hunter..he just stood there and let mace chop his head off
  • While I agree with most positive comments and negative feedback I’m still waiting for someone to come up with any sort of solution. It’s come to a point in which some people are complaining in general and end up criticizing good stuff like the teaser for Jango or the reduced refresh cost, or the HardNode+ShipMode for Bastila and Jolen. I think is pretty clear no one likes long farms in single nodes but can we try to come up with solutions?

Like, how would you balance p2w content and f2p release? At the moment people paying get 7*g12 but if after 3 days I can do the same f2p why pay? I really dislike the fact that I gotta take companies dogmas into account but that’s life.

Jango is a marquee. Plus free extra stuff, can we focus on getting those extra resources in every future marquee event? Can we discuss with devs the kind of stuff we need/want? Maybe add old toons to stores eventually? Like from Hard Node, to Guild Store/Event store and from there to Arena/GW/Cantina. Like... now that it’s been a while is it really necessary to have FOX at a Hard Node? Or Baze? Or even Urororoorro xD, I unlocked him yesterday. Move them to stores and let us keep the rhythm. Maybe then marquees would be a good thing. But I’m not so sure we can get 50 toons a year and keep the game balanced. So, on the long term, does any of us have any experience or can actually contribute to the game development? I’d love to keep playing SWGoH in 2020 and even more. But if we are not careful game could get broken, then abandoned, then closed.

I participated in the TW beta test. It was awesome and really fun! Can we have more of that? Can we participate more into the game?

I know I will be going all in on the Old Republic faction and the YOLOs. But moving forward, can we get extra info sooner? Maybe tease a little bit a new faction, or new game mode ( if there’s any ). New factions always gets us hyped and reworks as well.

All I can think about is how hard it is to find a perfect balance and keep everyone happy. So I’d like to focus on the positive stuff happening and develop on that.

May the force be with you!

TL;DR: stream of consciousness about the game. We gotta develop and build on the good stuff CG gives us and stop complaining when it could hurt fun stuff like teasers or extra marquee rewards.

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    JoaK0 wrote: »
    While I agree with most positive comments and negative feedback I’m still waiting for someone to come up with any sort of solution. It’s come to a point in which some people are complaining in general and end up criticizing good stuff like the teaser for Jango or the reduced refresh cost, or the HardNode+ShipMode for Bastila and Jolen. I think is pretty clear no one likes long farms in single nodes but can we try to come up with solutions?

TL;DR: stream of consciousness about the game. We gotta develop and build on the good stuff CG gives us and stop complaining when it could hurt fun stuff like teasers or extra marquee rewards.

While I agree with you on focus on the good and try to overlook some of the bad, there are decisions being made that have absolutely hurt this game and the player base. HSTR has been a disaster to guilds and the rewards have a 59 plus page thread of ideas to fix it, which has largely gone ignored.

Not looking forward to the long, boring single node farm of Bastila while farmboy Luke and Jedi consular still have 5+ nodes to farm as do many other worthless characters. Space battle node for Bastila is another horrible drop rate node.
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • thing is. this one as leg. most people have 5 7 star bhs. nobody but whales have 5 solo film chars at 7star.
    so next one beeing leg will be just kick in de nuts
  • snakeye626
    28 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    CG clearly want to compete with Apple and Amazon to reach a trillion dollars company... so start empty your wallet people
  • mtiBgw1.jpg

Pink lightsaber Vader crushes Jango
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I think marquee and legendary are the same price and hard to farm, you either pay up for 7* straight away or maybe pay to panic farm to be ready for the first time around...
    Post edited by swgregoriou on
  • JoaK0 wrote: »
    While I agree with most positive comments and negative feedback I’m still waiting for someone to come up with any sort of solution. It’s come to a point in which some people are complaining in general and end up criticizing good stuff like the teaser for Jango or the reduced refresh cost, or the HardNode+ShipMode for Bastila and Jolen. I think is pretty clear no one likes long farms in single nodes but can we try to come up with solutions?

Like, how would you balance p2w content and f2p release? At the moment people paying get 7*g12 but if after 3 days I can do the same f2p why pay? I really dislike the fact that I gotta take companies dogmas into account but that’s life.

Jango is a marquee. Plus free extra stuff, can we focus on getting those extra resources in every future marquee event? Can we discuss with devs the kind of stuff we need/want? Maybe add old toons to stores eventually? Like from Hard Node, to Guild Store/Event store and from there to Arena/GW/Cantina. Like... now that it’s been a while is it really necessary to have FOX at a Hard Node? Or Baze? Or even Urororoorro xD, I unlocked him yesterday. Move them to stores and let us keep the rhythm. Maybe then marquees would be a good thing. But I’m not so sure we can get 50 toons a year and keep the game balanced. So, on the long term, does any of us have any experience or can actually contribute to the game development? I’d love to keep playing SWGoH in 2020 and even more. But if we are not careful game could get broken, then abandoned, then closed.

I participated in the TW beta test. It was awesome and really fun! Can we have more of that? Can we participate more into the game?

I know I will be going all in on the Old Republic faction and the YOLOs. But moving forward, can we get extra info sooner? Maybe tease a little bit a new faction, or new game mode ( if there’s any ). New factions always gets us hyped and reworks as well.

All I can think about is how hard it is to find a perfect balance and keep everyone happy. So I’d like to focus on the positive stuff happening and develop on that.

May the force be with you!

They make the vaste majority of their money on the marque releases and I don't see anyone saying they should get rid of them. They can keep releasing characters and keeping them p2p for 2-3 months and that will continue to incentivise people to spend. However when they characters are f2p they NEED to begin to diversify where characters are placed. If a character is placed in hard nodes, they should get two nodes, and hard nodes should be reserved for the meta defining characters and not mid tier/trash characters (Holdo, Rosa Joli for example). They need to back off of their high horses and start adding characters to stores, espessially hard to farm old characters. Stop forcing people to use currency for shard shop and give them the option to do that or farm new characters. And finally since they have created a huge character farm bottle neck by doing 6-7 marques a month and shoving 75% of them into hard nodes, they need to bring ship energy in line with normal energy (refresh rate/cost) and even consider allowing us an extra refresh at 50 crystals. That change at the end would likely earn them MORE money because I would be more likely to purchase more refreshes. Right now ship energy isn't worth my money.
  • It's disheartening just how many people on these forums have such a self mentality. I've read a lot of threads/posts full of people whining about how they want a legendary/heroes journey event over the marquee events due to the hard node requirements the majority of marquee characters receive after CG makes them farmable, and I just can't help but LOL at this. You guys asking for this do realize that a legendary event will almost certainly require a minimum of one hard node farm+multiple expensive farms elsewhere?

Look I get it, single hard node farms suck, but CG has been mixing it up lately and even adding eaay and or multiple farm locations for highly sought after characters such as Sion, Bastilla, Jolee, Yolo, Young Lando, L337 and so on. You guys gotta stop with this doomsaying nonsense about f2p dying! Paying players always have, always will and always should have an advantage, they're the ones that allow all you whiners to play for free!

The last point I'd like to make is how open handed CG is compared to most freemium games. I started my newest account in early to mid febuary of this year and as of today I've obtained, for free, EVERY legendary / top end character save for Traya, who I'm getting close to starting on with my awesome guild, and JTR who I'm 100% ready for and just waiting for the event. I have multiple squads at G10+ at max level and max skill. So let's compare this to my marvel strike force account that I started maybe a month and a half later,

- I'm max level but I only have a SINGLE group max level and that's my arena squad

- I have 0 legendary characters. The reason being the requirements, imagine needing a 5 man ugnaught/cup squad to obtain a legendary character that makes little to no difference anyway. Every event so far has forced players to star/gear/level up minion characters who are absolutely useless otherwise. Either that or pay TOP dollar to star up decent characters only available via gems.

-Most characters in MSF are single hard node, the biggest difference is MSF requires HUNDREDS more shards to get a character to 7*, of which I only have two, who were both maxed via arena tokens/blitz tokens (blitz would be similar to our GW)

- EVERY character requires greater catalysts, unfortunately these are only obtainable through 5 attempt hard nodes that cost a fortune, in the shop at outrageous prices that would take away from everything else you desperately need gold for or the challenges twice a week that yield a little under 1 piece of equipment per 3 challenges. It basically equates to roughly 4 mk5 stun guns per character per gear level past 7.

- MSF also releases almost every character through an event very similar to marquee events, the biggest difference being the requirement of farming constantly for the marquee character shards and typically only getting enough for a 2* character, but unlike SWGOH most characters are useless at low stars.

- Every part of the game requires specific squads such as heroes, villains, blasters, mystics and so on, the problem being the rarity of gold makes it nearly impossible to focus on more than 1-3 characters at a time.

Ugh, I could go on for days but I think I've made my point.
  • I'm a strictly ftp player. I have 131 7* toons at this point. I still find it hard to even attempt to keep up with everything. At this point, I'm trying to get the core Solo toons to 5* (all of them minus Nest and Range Trooper). At this point, I do three regular energy refreshes and one cantina refresh a day. That is really all I can afford. I can barely stay in top 100 in both arenas these days. My gear farming is really suffering under the assumption that you will need toons like Bossk, KOTOR, Solo, etc. My only bright spot is that I'm down to needing 9 shards left on Sion and 65 on Ren's shuttle, so I will finally knock off that LS hard node farm. Really, that only leaves me 102 Baze shards as a must farm LS hard node. I have four other toons to farm there, but really only Rose is the only one I'm looking at in case there is some crazy Snoke event that requires Rose and Holdo. The DS hard farming is on overload. Currently doing Bossk, V Chewie, and now, Bastila and Bindo. Holdo and Visas have been kicked to the curb for the time being. Fortunately, I'm down to 59 shards for Qira and 184 for L3. After they are done, assuming none of the remaining BH or KOTOR toons get added to cantina, I'll save the crystals on that refresh since I only have four other cantina toons left, none of which are important.

At this point, I wonder if they released the last five toons to farmable locations, and gave us say six months with no new toon releases besides in heros journey or legendary events, would I be able to finish farming all the newer toons let alone the older toons I have yet to finish. I don't mind the marque system, but it has been a bit overboard this year.
  • When is the event going live?
  • Why not make us be able to star 1 more up if the tier required faction specifics? Like a small legendary
  • I feel like there were a few better ways to handle this. I get there will be some tiers, but some very simple things would have allowed you to maintain your schedule while saying "we understand and are sorry." You could have simply dropped him into a hard node day 1 instead of waiting. Most people who buy packs still would. Simple solution.
This discussion has been closed.