Magma Counter-Counter

Lets see what we can come up with to magma proof traya squads

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    aren't they already magma proof? isn't he ignorable?

Their is only one Traya team on my level of arena, so I'm genuinely asking
  • Lol poor dumper
  • HK666 wrote: »
    aren't they already magma proof? isn't he ignorable?

Their is only one Traya team on my level of arena, so I'm genuinely asking

This is only asking for TW. So how do you magma proof your traya defense so they can't abuse the Magma TM mechanic
  • Shock? Or is his tenacity too high to stick it?
  • With a Thrawn Leading Magma is gaining TM for each shot and the Thrawn lead TM Gain so get recovers like 90% TM each time he uses his basic or some such? Works great in the raid also.
  • Enfys should be good tbh. The counters/daze should eat magma.

Plus a beefy sion will hope to make them timeout.
  • Enfys should be good tbh. The counters/daze should eat magma.

Plus a beefy sion will hope to make them timeout.

Doesn’t,work. A good thrawn led magma takes that apart without issue.
  • Perhaps leave Sion off your Traya squad?

Traya DN SithTrooper and .... (not sure who to use... Nest/Thrawn or two Sith... Chaze might also work (taunts and cleans))

Might also work well vs Other Traya squads, as Traya leads lets sith ignore sion anyway.
  • Given how magma works, perhaps a high Tendacity/low potency Sion would work.
  • My mag has 82% tenacity before any unique or leader buffs 142% with his unique , pretty hard for most to land a daze stun or shock.
  • My mag tenacity set puts him way over 110 tenacity.

You got 15 percent chance to land
  • lugzwrosn1tg.png No problems with Treya Trio.
  • Ask CG to take the Zeta off your Sion
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    My mag has 82% tenacity before any unique or leader buffs 142% with his unique , pretty hard for most to land a daze stun or shock.

I think you misunderstand my post I meant put high tenacity on SION. I.E. prevent the tm removal.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »
    My mag has 82% tenacity before any unique or leader buffs 142% with his unique , pretty hard for most to land a daze stun or shock.

I think you misunderstand my post I meant put high tenacity on SION. I.E. prevent the tm removal.

And where was I talking about Sion ...... I think you must have thought I was talking to you lol

Clearly made a statement about mags tenacity and the fact that landing debuffs like shock , daze or stun to stop him gaining tm is difficult.

Not to mention having high tenacity on Sion is not going to stop mag gaining tm but might mitigate tm removal on Sion ONLY still have 4 toons getting tm removed
  • Put in nest and dooku as the plus 2. High tenacity on dooku and high speed/potency on nest. Force the other team to use raid han to stun nest so she can't get her aoe off. Then every time magma attacks sion for tm gain he has a chance of his second random attack hitting dooku or nest, causing them to counter, gaining the whole team health and slowly killing magma. Everytime magma uses his aoe, dooku and nest counter healing the team. Plus, dooku has a stun chance on basic so his counter attack could stun magma trooper stopping the whole tm train. Still possible to beat this team, but so much more rng dependent to the point that the opposing team will be hesitant to even try beating it with magma trooper cheese.
  • Put in nest and dooku as the plus 2. High tenacity on dooku and high speed/potency on nest. Force the other team to use raid han to stun nest so she can't get her aoe off. Then every time magma attacks sion for tm gain he has a chance of his second random attack hitting dooku or nest, causing them to counter, gaining the whole team health and slowly killing magma. Everytime magma uses his aoe, dooku and nest counter healing the team. Plus, dooku has a stun chance on basic so his counter attack could stun magma trooper stopping the whole tm train. Still possible to beat this team, but so much more rng dependent to the point that the opposing team will be hesitant to even try beating it with magma trooper cheese.

This is the best looking variant I think but the issue I take with it is that you are still probably going to lose. Now you are just out your sith trio but you have also burned your nest. There probably isn't a great answer for this, so just looking to see if people have gotten really creative and seen success. Like does a squishy General Grievous mess everything up.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Nest can clearly stop magma, also dooku can. All a matter of rng and who got the better rng odds in fight.

Nest and Dooku can’t stop Magma, lol.
    I can beat high speed Traya Nest team by Thrawn Magma.
    Need practice but no need rng and Solo even if the opponent Nest’s speed is above 310.
  • How does that work @princecasals
  • @ShannonP35 , do you use that only to beat traya teams ? what about jedi ?
  • Anrath wrote: »
    How does that work @princecasals

This is my old record and the opponent’s Nest is weak. And I don’t use this squad now.
    But it will be helpful for you.
    https://youtu.be/07-0FBWK4gI
  • amu2ftnr0y5j.png
    I have this team to beat Treya too. I have 2 different Empire teams who can beat Treya.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @princecasals thanks for the video! So what team do you use now instead of that?

I have been using zFinn trio with 2 others like Thrawn, RHan, JTR, Rex... but it is a bit hard to deal with faster Thrawn's or Nests.

Havnt tried using a zBastilla mix team yet.