Selling gear

There really needs to be something done about the useless gear that I have several thousands of and no conceivable way of using as quickly as I'm getting them. This just seems like bad design.

I understand that the game originally had a way to sell gear, but players then sold gear they didn't know they would need later and then got upset about it. I've heard this mentioned as a reason to not bring back the option to sell gear.

Forgive my frankness, but this feels lazy to me. I agree that it's undesirable for inexperienced players to sell gear they don't know they'll need later. So to avoid that, what if you allow players to sell gear only when they meet a certain requirement, such as the following possibilities:
  • Reach level 85
  • Acquire 2000 (or whatever) pieces of a single type of gear
  • Take a character to g12

Any of those options would probably restrict the gear selling feature to only those players with sufficient experience to know which pieces they will use and need and which they will not.

Please consider this.

And also consider updating the gear challenges or providing tiers. The tactics gear challenge in particular became useless a long time ago for experienced players. (Seriously, you could throw cuffs in a challenge and people would still not have enough, as is the case for carbanitis.)

Thanks!

Replies

• I really like this idea, i have thousands of gear that i know i will never use. I suggested a way to convert the gear to a higher level by requiring say 100 of one to level it up and create one piece that you need. It wouldnt be an excessive amount and we would actually be able to use our excess pieces. But since something like that wont happen i think your idea is perfect and needs to be implemented.
  • -1 They got rid of it for a reason. If they bring it back, even with stipulations, people will still file support tickets for selling something they didn't want to sell, because people are the worst. Just leave it.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    -1 They got rid of it for a reason. If they bring it back, even with stipulations, people will still file support tickets for selling something they didn't want to sell, because people are the worst. Just leave it.

How is this different from being able to sell mods? People probably still sell mods they didn't want to, but the devs haven't (and shouldn't) take that feature away from us.
  • theatomicpun
    492 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just be happy those pieces of gear aren't an issue. At one point in player progression it's hard to get mk4 droid callers for example, but now that you're in the end game that gear is no longer difficult to obtain. The excess is there as a reward for sticking through the early grind.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    -1 They got rid of it for a reason. If they bring it back, even with stipulations, people will still file support tickets for selling something they didn't want to sell, because people are the worst. Just leave it.

How is this different from being able to sell mods? People probably still sell mods they didn't want to, but the devs haven't (and shouldn't) take that feature away from us.

Well, the biggest difference is that there is no gear inventory cap. Whether they should have taken it away or not is irrelevant at this point. They received enough support tickets that it wasn't worth to leave it there, so it was removed. Having 5430 mk4 stun guns is excessive, but it isn't hurting me even a little to let them sit there.