iOS 12 and SWGOH

Any issues with the game on ios 12?

Replies

• No, I've been running iOS 12 for over a month now and have not had any issues.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    JediRobb wrote: »
    Any issues with the game on ios 12?
    Its best to wait a week from the software release before updating to see what people say about it

• I'll be updating tonight, can report back here after. One thing to keep in mind, is a lot of times when updating the Game Center login gets a little wonky. Best to make sure you are properly logged in before launching the game, just to avoid a panic attack.
  • Just finished the update and so far no issues. Got back in and simmed some nodes.
  • Yeah, no problems on an iPad mini 4
  • Anyone using an Iphone 6 still? the update just appeared for me.
  • Engadget says not to be afraid of updating your older phone to iOS 12, that the update “breathed new life” into the reviewer’s iPhone 6s.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/18/apple-ios12-older-iphone-performance/
  • Engadget says not to be afraid of updating your older phone to iOS 12, that the update “breathed new life” into the reviewer’s iPhone 6s.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/18/apple-ios12-older-iphone-performance/

I did update, seems ok so far (knocking on wood, pouring salt over my shoulder, avoiding black cats, etc). Honestly, I think every iOS update "revitalizes" the phone a bit, whether it's because the phone becomes cluttered and the update does some house keeping, or they purposefully make the old iOS slow down so people will have to update. But thanks for the info!
  • I use ios 12 on my iPad and it has no issues with the game
  • I recently swapped ipads (work) and upon getting on ios12, chat and guild messages no longer display in SWGOH for me. I've tried poking around to find something associated with age, as some sites have suggested. No luck. Game Center app doesn't even exist anymore, and I think that may be the culprit - that it is somehow hosed with settings that I can no longer reach and change, just speculation.

Any ideas?
  • Game Center no longer exists as a stand-alone App, however it still exists in the background and SWGOH still uses it.

Did you go into SWGOH settings and connect back to your existing SWGOH account? Are you still a member of your Guild (could it be you were removed, were you long absent or anything)?