How about a day early!? [MEGA]

Prev13456710
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
2rtCZOy.jpg

I am excited to reveal the image from last week’s teaser, but, more importantly, tell you some details about the upcoming Legendary character - a day early!

You will need any 5 Bounty Hunters to earn shards of Chewbacca from the Original Trilogy, but he won’t be an easy target to take down. This will be a very difficult event that will require well geared and modded Bounty Hunters. Luckily there’s a way to get a head start.

Starting this weekend, you can earn additional Bounty Hunter shards by playing Light and Dark side hard nodes in your mission to take down the legendary Wookiee. This includes Embo and Aurra Sing! More details coming later this week.

As you prepare to capture Chewbacca, be advised that Jango Fett (25 shards) will be available in the “One Famous Wookiee” event bundle - The Bounty Hunter Ultimate Bundle - the day the Chewbacca event launches.

Stay tuned for more info on the Legendary Chewbacca!

DEV POST

Replies

• yeeeeees
    I want to have Chewie but i have no BH :D
  • not a fan of the "any 5 BH" part but ok
  • Niceeee! Great job to everyone that called OT Chewy!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I have a bad feeling that the 25 Jango shards you can get from the ultimate bounty hunter pack, probably selling for $99.00 will mean that there will not be a $10.00 pack to get him to 4 stars. Please tell me this isn't the case.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • So, every other legendary event could be beat by g8/g9 chars. Is this going to set a new precedent?
  • Carlmac
    54 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Kitten yeah
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    not a fan of the "any 5 BH" part but ok

What is wrong with that? It is a legendary after all @Boomer8800
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling that the 25 Jango shards you can get from the ultimate bounty hunter pack, probably selling for $99.00 will mean that there will not be a $10.00 pack to get him to 4 stars. Please tell me this isn't the case.
    There still is the usual pack and bundle for Jango that will go live when the marquee starts

I'm very much a fan. Panic farming is the WORST! Panic gearing I can do.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Thank god my hard farm of G12 Bounty Hunters has not gone to waste!! :D
  • Well who didn't see this one coming. Nice to see that it's any 5 BH and not just the ones in the movie because I wasn't gonna start farming bossk anytime soon.
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »

It should have a few toons as required like Bossk or Jango lead only etc. Or to BH toons from ESB and that time period

It should have a few toons as required like Bossk or Jango lead only etc

How about no?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

CaptainRex wrote: »

Most every established player, even F2P, gets him first out! This means 1 or 2 things: He’s insanely good or insanely bad. Doubt he will be Arena messiah, but prolly will help CLS Rebel comp in TW for defense. He’s needed for Jedi Luke anyway.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Now all we need is a OG Millennium Falcon announcement...
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    There still is the usual pack and bundle for Jango that will go live when the marquee starts

Thank you for the confirmation, this is good news!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    This will be a very difficult event that will require well geared and modded Bounty Hunters.

Is this implying that the event will be substantially more difficult than previous legendary events? Those have normally been completable with characters that are in the Gear 8 to Gear 9 range. What are we talking about here?
  • Wooohooo and I have 6 BH at G12

Most every established player, even F2P, gets him first out! This means 1 or 2 things: He’s insanely good or insanely bad. Doubt he will be Arena messiah, but prolly will help CLS Rebel comp in TW for defense. He’s needed for Jedi Luke anyway.

Maybe. They did say the event would be super hard, and BH isn't a squad most F2P players have, besides Boba.
  • Pieeater420
    231 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Great news imo
  • While I’m excited to get OT Chewie in the game, I can’t help but notice the implied hard node farms that are coming for Embo and Aurra. The marquee events are not what people are tired of. They are tired of all these new toons coming out on hard nodes. I don’t have the exact stats but it certainly feels like over the past couple of months, 90% of these marquee toons go on a hard node that takes 6+ months to farm.
  • Not sure why u wouldn’t be a fan of tht xcept for two reasons. Either u have no bh or u do including the new ones and u wanted it to be the 5 new bh tht most dont have so ur upset more ppl will be able to unlock him. I dont have the new bh’s myself but do have a full squad of o.g bh so for me this is very exciting news as the only legendary char I was anle get 1st time around was cls. Had wait till 2nd run on the others so im happy to read this post

I am screwed up f2p player lmao. My Dengar/Zam are 4*, no way I can 7* them first time around. I agree tho - 90% that Chewie won't break Traya meta. Not until Jedi Luke arrives anyway.
  • So this event starts tomorrow? This weekend?
  • Good on you CG for making this reachable for most of the playerbase
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb can we get double drops on BH hard nodes?
This discussion has been closed.