the Jango Event [MERGE]

Replies

• The event has great rewards and is fun. It does seem odd though - it honestly showed how difficult it is to complete Jango's contract. The first 4 tiers of the event, I didn't complete his contract once. And only in the 2nd or 3rd phase of Tier 5 & 6.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I will echo all of the above as well, this event was a lot of fun! Thanks Devs!!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The event has great rewards and is fun. It does seem odd though - it honestly showed how difficult it is to complete Jango's contract. The first 4 tiers of the event, I didn't complete his contract once. And only in the 2nd or 3rd phase of Tier 5 & 6.

Agree, 100%. If you're modded and geared high, you'll kill the whole other team before you hit debuffed enemies 20x.
  • I hope everyone noticed that the bonus missions are playable once a day rather than having five attempts like every other part. Would that mean we get the rewards for each mission everyday, or is it really just one attempt a day?
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Agreed. If every marquee was like this ... there would be no further complaints about marquees.

100% agree. Well done team. @cg_sbcrumb I hope you’re seeing this!
  • Says it all in the title! Cheers
  • I hope everyone noticed that the bonus missions are playable once a day rather than having five attempts like every other part. Would that mean we get the rewards for each mission everyday, or is it really just one attempt a day?

You’ll be able to get the slicing material in the bonus rounds but everything else was a one time reward
  • Going to join the general huzzahs. This is a great marquee event. I've been farming BH for a while but it's available to most player and the rewards are fantastic. This is the most enjoyable event in quite some time.
  • Very nice way to 'apologise' that Jango was a marquee. Rewards were very welcome. Thanks!
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Did they not say we get more Jango shards?

In chewies legendary event is where they said we would get it. Or something leading up to it will give the bonus shards
  • The bonus tiers this morning rewarded me with just enough mats to zeta his lead right away. Thank you!
  • This is how you win back people. If marquees not only give us a new toon thatbthe whales can drop money on to pay the bills but also help ease the ever growing gear and mod grind I think you would see a lot less back lash.

Now if you guys start adding toons to the shops again which qould stop increasing the back log of toons on hard and ship nodes which take forever to grind. I think you would see similar responses as you are in this thread.

Again thank you for the excellent event with great rewards! I hope this reflects marquees rewards structure moving forward!
  • Yes, I am LOVING the new Marquee rewards. Here's hoping you keep them for all future Marquees, CG!
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Did they not say we get more Jango shards?

In a pack when Chewie's event comes around.
  • Despite my initial skepticism, I will concede that the jango marquee was much better than expected. More shards would have been nice (as always) but we got the next best thing: fully crafted gear, mods, and mod salvage. Keep doing stuff like this- good job
  • Aplus wrote: »
    Just wanna give a huge shoutout to the devs for the fantastic Jango Fett Event. Not only did it include three bonus Missions with great mechanics showcasing the character, with a nice backstory for each bonus mission (Hunting criminal, eliminating Jedi and getting rid of witches (Nightsisters)), the rewards for the whole "Marquee" is AWESOME. (stated below)

3 Zetas mats
    3 Omega Mats
    Tons of Mod slicing materials
    1 FULL MK 3 Carbanti
    1 FULL MK 3 Stun Cuff
    1 FULL MK 2 Zaltin Bacta Gel
    1 FULL MK 3 Sienar Holo Projector

The usual 3* shards

Albeit the last few months of non-stop marquees, I can see a genuine change of heart and active response to the playerbase through these changes to the reward structure (although it might be a onetime thing, still.), given that it's really hard for them to change the event schedule and timetable immediately. As such, I just want to give a round of applause for the team for listening and most importantly, changing.

P.S. I myself will purchase a $10 Jango pack just to show my support! :wink:
    Justified Complaints are complaints, but due credit must be given when a good job is done. It's what keeps us all going in life.

This was my feelings exactly! I made a post awhile back about relieving marquee burnout by giving some needed gear, and it seems they listened to me and everyone else who said that! Adding new marquees means increasing gear needs, so giving some much needed gear was a HUGE bonus! The zeta materials were unexpected for sure but greatly appreciated!

I also bought the $10 Jango pack to show my love, my first ever $10 marquee purchase
  • Ditto all the positive feedback. Thanks CG.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Love the zeta mats in the Bounty rewards!
  • I have to say this was a great Marquee event and the extra rewards were much appreciated.
  • My only minor complaint, is on my lvl 65 alt account, I only received 4* mods, which are worse than useless because they encourage you to waste resources on them. Unless its a speed arrow, I’m selling them, and none were speed arrows.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • My only minor complaint, is on my lvl 65 alt account, I only received 4* mods, which are worse than useless because they encourage you to waste resources on them. Unless its a speed arrow, I’m selling them, and none were speed arrows.

To use a vegas metaphor, sometimes you get lemons. It's WAI. Sadly.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Hats off. Very cool designed Marquee event with awesome rewards that mirrors the current amount of characters to upgrade.

Congratulations Devs. I hope in the future the next Marquees are more like Jango's!

P.S. A big THANK YOU for fixing Jango's WESTAR-34 blaster sound effect. Jango now has the second most awesome sound effect since Darth Sion's Torment.
  • Agreed, I squealed like a school girl when a full Mk 3 Carb showed up, and then a full Mk 3 Cuff. Awesome, and got me to my Jedi Master goal of 10 Jedi at g12. Woot.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The event has great rewards and is fun. It does seem odd though - it honestly showed how difficult it is to complete Jango's contract. The first 4 tiers of the event, I didn't complete his contract once. And only in the 2nd or 3rd phase of Tier 5 & 6.

Agree, 100%. If you're modded and geared high, you'll kill the whole other team before you hit debuffed enemies 20x.

I found it fairly easily to complete but then I am running bounty hunters with a lot of AoE. It is generally completed by the time they have all taken 1 turn.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My favorite part of the event:
    DB6j1qy.png
    hKw5dHO.png
    Discreet: Fly through a bus station with your jet pack and blast a mob boss and his crew with a flamethrower ... next to a police speeder with it's emergency lights on.
    Post edited by EventineElessedil on
  • Thank you CG, amazing rewards! Let's hope future marquees will have similar rewards, suddenly we will not mind if they again flood us with a wave of new marquees :)
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I celebrate this event like everyone else. Good job CG!!
  • I read the post they just put out about these Marquee+ events, Jango's being the first...I know we can't expect to see this kind of thing on a regular basis, but it would be nice if every ordinary Marquee had, say, five or ten salvage on each stage of a different gear on par with the Carbantis and Holo Projectors, and maybe five of the mod material on each stage.
    So maybe not full gears and thirty materials, but like five of each per stage would be really cool.